• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

sunnz

Ilúvatar;92410834 said:
They have shorter cooldowns and stay deployed longer, but they don't get damage buffs or anything like that.

I don't even want to think what damage buffs will do, if they were in...

I once spawned a bot and went away for a minute and when I returned, I realised I had gotten like 6 kills...

Its ROF, accuracy and burst of shots are all very high, at least in KZ2 the bursts were shorter so you could get away if it aimed at you.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I need a GG made Warzone that is actually a hardcore mode, less health, no regen, no hud and ff on.

There once was a somewhat similar war zone with two guys playing it :(

As i see it now there are like 24p Warzone and classic Warzone to play (don't know the difference). That is sad.

My only problem with the air drones is when they're camping near the spawn and you can't see them through the trees. You can stand around like an idiot staring into the sky trying to catch a solid glimpse of that silhouette but it'll just make you a sitting duck for the ground troops that have also set up just outside your spawn.

I don't think they're too powerful or rugged though as it doesn't take much to destroy them, and unless you're already wounded they're pretty easy to avoid most of the time.

Ryuuga

Banned
I stop playing for a hot minute and all of a sudden TDM is the new hotness. Such conflicted feelings, more people but shittier mode.

Nipo

I stop playing for a hot minute and all of a sudden TDM is the new hotness. Such conflicted feelings, more people but shittier mode.

The TDM mode is horrible too. It always ends up being a clusterfuck at one base or the other with the team that is camped refusing to use an alternate exit and break out.

I love this game, such a change of pace from COD/BF... I play sniper exclusively.

one complaint I have is with fucktard grenade throw physics, am I the only one?!

The TDM mode is horrible too. It always ends up being a clusterfuck at one base or the other with the team that is camped refusing to use an alternate exit and break out.

I never go into TDM, Classic Warzone 14 or 24 Players all day every day. Classic needs more modes, though. Bring back VIP Assassination! That was a great mode in KZ2. Things would get intense if you were the VIP.

Ryuuga

Banned
The TDM mode is horrible too

I agree since I'm talking about TDM being bad in the first place. It really is a shame thats where most of the population splintered off to. I guess either because of a sense of familiarity or because people can't be arsed to play an objective and would rather mindlessly kill.

Grinchy

Banned
I agree since I'm talking about TDM being bad in the first place. It really is a shame thats where most of the population splintered off to. I guess either because of a sense of familiarity or because people can't be arsed to play an objective and would rather mindlessly kill.

It's like how the vast majority of KZ2 players sat in a 32 player Radec Academy clusterfuck. I will never understand how people enjoyed that.

It's like how the vast majority of KZ2 players sat in a 32 player Radec Academy clusterfuck. I will never understand how people enjoyed that.

I had to put down KZ2 for a while because of that. Pissed me off so much that the majority of matches were 24/7 Radec Academy. It's sad that so many people want to pad their K/D ratio and think that stat alone makes a good player.

Nipo

I wish GG would make some smaller official TDMs with interesting restrictions on weapons, abilities or something. The multiplayer is so versatile it is a shame most people don't stray from the official playsets.

One of my favorite matches was TDM (buddy drone, stun drone and melee only). There were some really interesting strategies people used.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish GG would make some smaller official TDMs with interesting restrictions on weapons, abilities or something. The multiplayer is so versatile it is a shame most people don't stray from the official playsets.

One of my favorite matches was TDM (buddy drone, stun drone and melee only). There were some really interesting strategies people used.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but sometimes I wish they'd just go the Halo 2 matchmaking route. Put everyone in the same matchmaking pool, and everyone will just play whatever game mode comes up at the time. You could end up in Warzone, Pistols Only, TDM, or any number of crazy gametype combinations that they've created. They could even keep the ability to create your own gamemode and throw those into the matchmaking list.

The nice thing about forcing people to play shit they think they don't want to play is that they find out that they do want to play something other than TDM.

MADGAME

Does anyone know the particulars that trigger the animated vs. non-animated melee kill? About 90% of the time if I melee kill from front or back, I get the full animation neck snap, back stab, etc. About 10% of the time I throw out a very quick gunsmack melee kill that has no animation delay.

Obvioulsy the latter is preferred since it is quick and doesn't make you vulnerable during kill animations...anyone know if there is a "trick" to always doing the gun-butt? Is it proximity?

rav

I played in the new players area for a while until it said I do not have the correct challenge requirements. I'm new to KZ, and what mode is the best to get familiar with everything else, and not get rocked every game.

Sometimes I can't tell how I died. If I'm not near a sniper and get headshot from a distance, will I hear anything? (sort of frustrating to not know why I died)

GodofWine

Agreed, its all the 'shit' that makes TDM a real chore...just infantry with guns and grenades please.

AND

Random spawn points, the game is way too "spawn at base, run to middle of map, fight, die, repeat".

Warzone is superior in that it lets all these toys be useful and not annoying.

and that warp shit...they should prevent a guy warping right behind you...Im a magnet for this crap.

And ignore the player count numbers, since everyone compares it to COD's 8 bazillion online all the time number, Im pretty sure that the number they give is not concurrent players even though they imply it is. If there are 2-5K online at all times playing (with the user base split on two sides of the world, 'yurp' is logging of as 'murica' is logging in so the two dont combine much yet), and people play 1-2 hours a day, thats a lot of people...AND the system is probably now got about 1.5mil plugged in users at most (a lot are gonna be xmas gifts), so Its gonna grow with the install base.

Simple People enjoyed camping the Base exits. The upstairs exit for the helghast was fricken sniping lane. The Main Floor Helghast exit and both exits from the ISA base were slaughter houses and the little back exits could be held indefinitely by a Sabo with a StA14 and Health packs badges. If the train map had been free i have no doubt that one would have the most popular.

Does anyone know the particulars that trigger the animated vs. non-animated melee kill? About 90% of the time if I melee kill from front or back, I get the full animation neck snap, back stab, etc. About 10% of the time I throw out a very quick gunsmack melee kill that has no animation delay.

Obvioulsy the latter is preferred since it is quick and doesn't make you vulnerable during kill animations...anyone know if there is a "trick" to always doing the gun-butt? Is it proximity?

I'm probably wrong, but I think it might be based on the enemy's health. If they are almost dead you get the gun-butt. I've used the melee in heavy fire fights where my team is shooting a guy, and I just smacked him with my rifle. Conversely, whenever I melee someone from any direction, I get the brutal melee animation when they are alone/not getting hit by bullets.

I played in the new players area for a while until it said I do not have the correct challenge requirements. I'm new to KZ, and what mode is the best to get familiar with everything else, and not get rocked every game.

Sometimes I can't tell how I died. If I'm not near a sniper and get headshot from a distance, will I hear anything? (sort of frustrating to not know why I died)

For your first question, I'd say just go into the 24 Player Classic Warzone and always stick with your teammates and use abilities to support them from behind. I wouldn't worry about your score or K/D ratio at this point, just learn the map, learn where choke points occur, and practice shooting while making good use of cover. Use the Pulver as support and revive your team or the Rumbler as an Assault and shoot from behind the shield.

For your second question, I've noticed the Fors (one hit kill sniper rifle) makes a distinctive noise. The screen always pops up info showing who killed you and with what gun, but that's kinda it. No other noise or indicator from what I can tell.

Nipo

How come no one uses the dang stun drone?! I want my rocket launcher attachment

You need to get matched up in a game with me I'm using it all the time since i'm trying to get the ability maxed out.

I know I killed my stun drone with an air turret. Keep an eye around the objective target people sometimes booby trap them with a stun drone to make the snipe kill easier.

X-Frame

I barely have used the Scout, but isn't the Stun Drone completely irrelevant seeing as how the Scout can put a taser on his gun as an attachment?

Emergency Teleport seems much more useful, even though I am not the biggest fan of it outside of TDM. I'd much rather use Cloak, since you can run with a beacon invisible, or plant the bomb invisible, or just maneuver around the field invisible, plus get sweet knife kills.

MADGAME

I'm probably wrong, but I think it might be based on the enemy's health. If they are almost dead you get the gun-butt. I've used the melee in heavy fire fights where my team is shooting a guy, and I just smacked him with my rifle. Conversely, whenever I melee someone from any direction, I get the brutal melee animation when they are alone/not getting hit by bullets.

Hmmm not sure that's it. I just played a WZ game in the divide and caught a bad guy crouching, trying catch my team coming out of our base. I melee'd him from behind and I'm certain he had full health...he caught the back end of my rifle.

Hmmm not sure that's it. I just played a WZ game in the divide and caught a bad guy crouching, trying catch my team coming out of our base. I melee'd him from behind and I'm certain he had full health...he caught the back end of my rifle.

It's not. It's just timing/distance. It's just a matter of meeting the Brutal Melee button prompt or not.

I barely have used the Scout, but isn't the Stun Drone completely irrelevant seeing as how the Scout can put a taser on his gun as an attachment?

Emergency Teleport seems much more useful, even though I am not the biggest fan of it outside of TDM. I'd much rather use Cloak, since you can run with a beacon invisible, or plant the bomb invisible, or just maneuver around the field invisible, plus get sweet knife kills.

Stun drone is a great way to defend an objective without being there as a scout, and it lets you know of an enemy's presence....is that you in your avatar?

What do you mean?

You don't need the stun drone for the rocket attachment unlock

Probably going to pick up a PS4 sometime early next year. Is this a good online shooter for someone who was really into COD last gen? I really loved MW2 and even BO2 was decent, but Ghosts just looks like the laziest effort yet. And Battlefield 4 doesn't excite me, especially with all the problems. Really want a shooter when I get the system and don't really care about single player campaign.

EL CUCO

Finally unlocked all my weapon attatchments for Support. Doing the pistols is rough. Time to use Assault and do it all over again! :D

Paertan

Taken from the "PlayerVoice update: response to the top 15 feedback items" over at KIllzone.com

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

Display K/D ratio for everyone [not at the moment]
We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.

THANK GOD! Less focus on K/D Ratio is fantastic. Personally I feel it should only count at all during bodycount. People seem to concerned with their ratio to push and get objectives. They rather stand back and shoot enemies at a distance hoping they will disarm/arm bombs or whatever themselves.

THANK GOD! Less focus on K/D Ratio is fantastic. Personally I feel it should only count at all during bodycount. People seem to concerned with their ratio to push and get objectives. They rather stand back and shoot enemies at a distance hoping they will disarm/arm bombs or whatever themselves.

agreed. I've allways been one to rush on trying to capture the flag paying no attention to K/D. :D

I was Support class, so not sure. Will check later. Thanks

Support uses missiles. They only lock onto drones, turrets, and shields. A few days ago I tried to fire it at a group of 4 enemies with disastrous results :(

Edit-
Probably going to pick up a PS4 sometime early next year. Is this a good online shooter for someone who was really into COD last gen? I really loved MW2 and even BO2 was decent, but Ghosts just looks like the laziest effort yet. And Battlefield 4 doesn't excite me, especially with all the problems. Really want a shooter when I get the system and don't really care about single player campaign.

The big difference between the COD series and KZ is that aiming is much faster in COD and weightier in KZ. Classic Warzone in KZ has multiple objective based modes, including TDM, all in one match. These objectives and the different classes encourage a lot of teamwork (much like Battlefield), whereas in COD you can lone wolf and still be #1. Also, it only takes a few bullets to kill in COD, but you have more health in KZ so even if you get ambushed from behind, you could still live and kill the enemy if you are more skillful. Also, no kill streaks or perks in KZ, but each class has different gadgets to play with (turret, attack drone, shield, stealth, etc).

I played both COD (COD4, MW2, and Blops) and Killzone 2, but I really liked the team based nature of the latter (which led me to Bad Company 2 and BF3). If you're looking for a more team based shooter or want something very different from COD, Shadow Fall is amazing. If you want something a little similar to COD, I'd say try to rent this first and try it out for a weekend.

Finally unlocked all my weapon attatchments for Support. Doing the pistols is rough. Time to use Assault and do it all over again! :D

Tried the shotgun pistol last night, that thing is a beast. Gotta have good aim with it to succeed.

Taken from the "PlayerVoice update: response to the top 15 feedback items" over at KIllzone.com

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.

Love the emphasis on teamwork, even seeing this in practice everyday, fewer lone wolves the better.

Paertan

agreed. I've allways been one to rush on trying to capture the flag paying no attention to K/D. :D

It does not always work of course. But you would be surprised at the times I have rushed an objective and managed to take it in time. If you look at my K/D Ratio in most objective based game as Killzone or Battlefield you will not be amazed xD But all who play with me agree I am really good at the games and I can turn a game around.
It is like Wayne Gretsky said about Ice Hockey. "You miss 100% the shots you don't take"

exYle

You can tell when your abilities expire or get destroyed by looking at it's icon on your HUD. If it's got a white overlay filling up it means it's been destroyed or expired and is cooling down. If the grey overlay is emptying it means it's still up but when the grey hit the bottom of the icon it's gone.

It's very easy to keep track of everything this way, if you know what you are looking at.

Streaming some Warzone, hopefully my connection is up to the task today

http://www.twitch.tv/dibbsy8

I'm aware, but that notification is still too subtle. You're literally talking about shades of white. I'm talking about a pop-up, like what happens when a charge is planted or a beacon is grabbed. At the very least, some sort of audio.

boinx

You can see your K/D ratio by viewing your playercard anyway, so yeah i like their focus here.

Top Bottom