• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

ref

Fun times tonight. Disgustipated leaving his mic on for that 20 minute call about the plasma screen was hilarious.

Done with cloak kills, now moving on to Scout weapon attachments and stun drone stuff. Then, on to support and I'll have that damned trophy.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Taken from the "PlayerVoice update: response to the top 15 feedback items" over at KIllzone.com

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

Display K/D ratio for everyone [not at the moment]
We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.

THANK GOD! Less focus on K/D Ratio is fantastic. Personally I feel it should only count at all during bodycount. People seem to concerned with their ratio to push and get objectives. They rather stand back and shoot enemies at a distance hoping they will disarm/arm bombs or whatever themselves.
So they're not fixing the sprinting speed?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Too slow or what? Not seen any complaints about it.

I want to add being able to permanently kill downed enemies and downed enemies should be "no clipped" as soon as they go down.
Someone on twitter pointed out that it's slower than it is in the SP, I don't know how true this is.

Paertan

That's not possible? Oh the wasted ammo...

Haha nope. But I have seen many try xD Was possible in KZ2 so I hope they bring it back. Should be a pause so you have to wait until they are fallen down.

Thinking about a new Warzone
"Christmas delivery"
Only "Search and Retrieve". The team that capture the most "christmas gifts" win! Would be best if there was a snowy map.

X-Frame

Stun drone is a great way to defend an objective without being there as a scout, and it lets you know of an enemy's presence....is that you in your avatar?

That is true, I have seen quite a bit of Stun Drones in the area around an objective. Does it just stun 1 person or does it stun in an area of effect?

And yeah, that's me!

Been playing this lately, it has its pros and cons and is generally pretty fun. But anybody else getting bothered by the amount of motion blur? It's starting to get really distracting to me.

Grinchy

Banned
That is true, I have seen quite a bit of Stun Drones in the area around an objective. Does it just stun 1 person or does it stun in an area of effect?

And yeah, that's me!

It seems to be an area of effect because I've gotten 3 stuns with one drone before. I like the stun drone quite a bit, actually.

Sdoots

Had a game on 24 Player Warzone a few nights back, I think the map was The Divide, and the best thing happened.

People used my supply box.

It was like watching a pet approach a new toy. The players were scared of this strange box at first, apprehensive even. Then one got on his knees, and took some supplies. It had happened. They had learned.

Minutes later, 5 guys were all grouped up in that big multilevel building, laying waste to all who approached, and when they ran out of ammo they didn't hesitate, they just took some goddamn bullets.

We shut the other team out that match, my supply box leveled multiple times, and I may have cried a little.

Been playing this lately, it has its pros and cons and is generally pretty fun. But anybody else getting bothered by the amount of motion blur? It's starting to get really distracting to me.

The graphics in general bug me. In some ways it's a pretty game, in other ways it just hurts my head to look at. The lighting/filtering is just strange and makes everything lack clarity.

Dibbz

Someone on twitter pointed out that it's slower than it is in the SP, I don't know how true this is.

Not targeting this solely at you but this is a broad point I want to make. I hate complaints like this. SP is SP MP is MP. Everything is designed the way it is for a reason. These are calculated decisions that the developers make when they design the game. They don't just throw in a random number and go with it. Things that work well when you play against AI do not translate over to PvP most of the time.

There can be big consequences to "little" changes such as the sprint speed that people do not think about. If you move faster, your enemies move faster. If they are running faster it'll be tougher to hit a moving target. Gun with recoil will suffer whilst others will not etc. That's not even accounting for things like game modes where covering distances is vital like in capture and connect.

I'm all for patching in for balancing reasons but when people want changes because they don't like the "feel" of something, it makes me wish the devs would ignore this sort of stuff.

Taken from the "PlayerVoice update: response to the top 15 feedback items" over at KIllzone.com

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...nse-to-the-top-15-feedback-items/td-p/1451563

Display K/D ratio for everyone [not at the moment]
We do not think worrying about your deaths is the way to play Shadow Fall, and a lot of the community members actually enjoy our renewed focus on objectives and team based gameplay. That being said, all players have the ability to create Warzones with Kills and Deaths as Primary and Secondary sorting on the leaderboards.

THANK GOD! Less focus on K/D Ratio is fantastic. Personally I feel it should only count at all during bodycount. People seem to concerned with their ratio to push and get objectives. They rather stand back and shoot enemies at a distance hoping they will disarm/arm bombs or whatever themselves.

This is all sorts of wrong.. I WANT to see my kills AND my deaths at the end of each round.. gives me an indication of how I fared. Esspecialy in TDM!

Your objectives score gives you an indication of how you did, not your k/d.

What about in team death match? Besides.. telling us our kills vs deaths wouldn't hurt.. it's just more information.

I like this game, but I'd like to see more info than just how many kills I racked up.

X-Frame

It seems to be an area of effect because I've gotten 3 stuns with one drone before. I like the stun drone quite a bit, actually.

Oh, well then that certainly changes my opinion of the Stun Drone. Putting that near an objective plus a Trip Mine would be fun!

How far does it travel to find a target? It seems to stay in one place if no enemy is around, but when some do come near it sort of stalks them, but not entirely sure of its range for that. To put it close enough to an objective where it can be useful yet far enough that it won't easily be seen and destroyed.

Your objectives score gives you an indication of how you did, not your k/d.

I agree with this, I like that it doesn't show KDR in the scoreboard during Warzone games. If it's a straight TDM server then by all means it can show that, but not for objective-based Warzone where KDR means little.

Even if there is a possibility that a teammate wouldn't go defuse a bomb because he doesn't want another death next to his name for all the players to see, so he stays back -- not showing KDR is worth it in my opinion.

Dibbz

What about in team death match? Besides.. telling us our kills vs deaths wouldn't hurt.. it's just more information.

I like this game, but I'd like to see more info than just how many kills I racked up.

Yeah in TDM sure they could have that set. Showing deaths is not just "more information". though, it influences the way people play games. People don't like to see more deaths than kills and will change their gameplay style to get more kills than deaths which is not what count in objective modes.

What GG have done with the scoreboards is great especially with the addition of the end cutscene with the 3 top players. Keeps the guys who play for objectives in the limelight and K/D whores that sit back get nothing.

Wickwire

I am ok with the lack of K/D ratios. I primarily play support and hold back to rez people. I die all the freaking time, but it doesn't bother me.

repeater

Yeah in TDM sure they could have that set. Showing deaths is not just "more information". though, it influences the way people play games. People don't like to see more deaths than kills and will change their gameplay style to get more kills than deaths which is not what count in objective modes.

What GG have done with the scoreboards is great especially with the addition of the end cutscene with the 3 top players. Keeps the guys who play for objectives in the limelight and K/D whores that sit back get nothing.
I agree that GG have handled this in a smart way. I'm a fairly crappy marksman, but I like to revive people and lay down spawnpoints tactically (which almost no one else seems to do) - so it's nice to see myself in the spotlight every now and then, even though I'm always getting executed. :p The way some people play Warzone never ceases to baffle me - actively running away from unguarded objectives that are free for the taking, presumably to go hunt some frags.. It's really frustrating when you're on these same people's team.

I agree with you.. it does influence play.. but can we PLEASE get Guerilla to add deaths to TDM tallies.

Chabbles

Im really not liking the blur in this, its watering down the quality of the visuals greatly.
In combination with the FXAA and bloom, in motion, the image looks all washed out and blurry to me.

Regardless of these issues though, i not getting much enjoyment out of the multiplayer at all. Think ill be trading this in whenever BF4 is in a working state.

RoeBear

If it keeps track of deaths at all why can't they tell us by round. It's strange that there's no way to track it per round even though it will tell you headshots and kills. If it really is that unimportant they shouldn't show deaths or K/D on the player cards.

Dibbz

I agree with you.. it does influence play.. but can we PLEASE get Guerilla to add deaths to TDM tallies.

When making custom warzones you get the option to list kills, deaths, suicides etc so 100% they can do it for the TDM Warzones without needing to patch or anything.

Feel guilty for not joining since a bunch of neogaffers added me to their lists. I've been too addicted to AC4 to get back in. I should be finished with it by the weekend and then I'll join in with some heals and spawn points for those of you who can actually kill the baddies.

VariantX

Feel guilty for not joining since a bunch of neogaffers added me to their lists. I've been too addicted to AC4 to get back in. I should be finished with it by the weekend and then I'll join in with some heals and spawn points for those of you who can actually kill the baddies.

Don't feel too bad, I haven't been able to join myself due to finals and projects coming up.

MADGAME

I've had several people in similar time zones add me from the spreadsheet, but they never seem to play KZ. I've been playing every night and dedicate lots of time on the weekends. Might have to weed out the friends list a bit.

Badgerst3

I usually only have 30-45 min a night to play. When I join a gaf party it seems like I can't enter a game.

I assume a new person who joins a party that's already up has to wait for a round to end or get invited right?

I wish you could just slip into an ongoing games open slot.

ref

I usually only have 30-45 min a night to play. When I join a gaf party it seems like I can't enter a game.

I assume a new person who joins a party that's already up has to wait for a round to end or get invited right?

I wish you could just slip into an ongoing games open slot.

It depends, if there's room on the team you should be able to connect to the game right away by joining off someone via. the KZ menus. If the team is full, it will put you in a queue to join as soon as a spot opens up on the team.

In all the GAF games I've played in, we usually will back out to pick up people most of the time anyways unless we're on the last round (5 mins).

Voidance

Holy shit I am terrible at multiplayer in this game. Any tips for the noobiest noob?
As dumb as it sounds, simply play more. You'll learn the maps and get better at navigating them. I also suggest playing a little with each class -- you may find a certain class really resonates with you.

ButchCat

Holy shit I am terrible at multiplayer in this game. Any tips for the noobiest noob?
I'm experiencing the same problem, I'm decent in other online games. Support class with a shotgun is the easiest way to get into the game, you'll he spamming turrets and revive all the time and the shotgun is a one shot kill.

Dibbz

I'm experiencing the same problem, I'm decent in other online games. Support class with a shotgun is the easiest way to get into the game, you'll he spamming turrets and revive all the time and the shotgun is a one shot kill.

Swap turrets for spawns. Turrets are good for defense or holding a position but spawns can get your teammates to you fast so you can overwhelm the enemy. A lot easier to take down a guy when theres 2 or 3 of you.

EL CUCO

It depends, if there's room on the team you should be able to connect to the game right away by joining off someone via. the KZ menus. If the team is full, it will put you in a queue to join as soon as a spot opens up on the team.

In all the GAF games I've played in, we usually will back out to pick up people most of the time anyways unless we're on the last round (5 mins).

I tried to jump in your game and party last night prior to the invite but it was full. I'll be hitting again tonight!

Grinchy

Banned
You know...

I want GG to make this game more stable and less boring.

Also why 60fps isnt noticeable like in BF4?
Bc it's not 60fps at all. There are some moments when it is, but anyone who plays 24 player rooms can see the framerate can get pretty poor. I still like 24 player warzone but I wish it didn't perform so poorly.

EL CUCO

Holy shit I am terrible at multiplayer in this game. Any tips for the noobiest noob

Take your time. Don't rush out there just to get popped. Watch out for air drones and turrets. Pick the class you feel the most comfortable with, weapon wise. Learn your abilities and how you can exploit them best and stick to your team mates. Its a VERY team oriented game which can be a nightmare with no in game chat yet.

If you're getting spawn trapped by a group of assholes, find another route or spawn on a beacon if available. Theres usually multiple routes out of the spawn base.

X-Frame

Here is a little Support guide, which I think is a great class to get accustomed to if you're new and still want to be a GREAT help to your team. Hopefully the formatting doesn't get messed up.

Revive Drone
· Can use it to revive players at long distances, so long as you have line of sight to your downed teammate.
· Always be on the lookout for downed teammates, especially during times when there isn’t a Spawn Beacon active. Reviving these downed teammates will be the only way to maintain presence in areas of the map. If everyone always has to respawn at homebase, your team will quickly lose territory.
· However, don’t rush to revive a downed teammate who lays in the middle of a frantic firefight, or if you have to expose yourself and risk your own death to revive them. If you’re in a party and can chat, alert them that you are on the way or if it’s hopeless to get to them.
· Reviving via the Revive Drone grants the player not only with fully restocked ammo and grenades, but also reloads their gun!
· You CAN destroy an enemy Revive Drone while it is above an enemy player, so long as you destroy it before they get the chance to revive themselves.
· The more you revive downed teammates and level up your Revive Drone ability, the shorter your revive cooldown becomes. At high levels, it is only seconds before you can rapidly revive downed teammates.

Spawn Beacon
· Portable spawn points for your team to spawn at, allowing a player with this ability to give the team another option of where to spawn.
· It is still unknown how many Spawn Beacons can be active on the map at any one time, but so far it seems to be at least 4-5 (compared to simply 2 in KZ2).
· When you place a Spawn Beacon, note that the direction you are facing. Everyone will spawn facing the SAME direction that you are facing when you place the Spawn Beacon, so make sure to be facing in an advantageous position when you deploy it that will allow spawning teammates to be immediately aware of their surroundings, and not facing a wall.
· The more teammates spawn at your Spawn Beacon and level it up, the longer your Spawn Beacon lasts before it auto-disappears, as well as reducing its cooldown before you can redeploy another one.
· Always be mindful of where you are placing the Spawn Beacon, attempt to have it in a safe, not frequently travelled part of the map and one with restricted lines of sight so enemies cannot come across it easily as they move or shoot at it from a distance. Some place where your teammates will spawn with their back against a wall, or in a corner, or hidden in bushes would be a great spot.
· Ideally, you don’t want the enemy team to know where your teammates are spawning. If you can help it, don’t place the Spawn Beacon in the same room as an objective, but instead in an adjacent room or close by, or else teammates will be spawning on top of grenades or in the amid gunfire.
· Elevated areas work great to, allowing your team to spawn in an advantageous position with the higher ground relative to the rest of the map, with the ability to fire downwards at enemies.
· Can be deconstructed by walking up to an enemy Spawn Beacon and holding TRIANGLE. Can also be shot at and melee’d in order to simply destroy it, and it doesn’t take much.

Ground Turrets
· Stationary yet quite annoying and can not only provide excellent cover fire, distraction, but they also have no issue getting you multiple kills, especially if the enemy is already weakened from gunfire.
· Only have a field of view of roughly 30 degrees in front of them, as well as up and down. Note this when you place it.
· Enemies can deconstruct these, easily from behind where they will be safe from the turrets field of view, so attempt to place them back against a wall making it harder for enemies to get behind it.
· You can also simply shoot at the ground turret to destroy it, and it requires a moderate amount of bullets to do so.
· The Missile attachment is also extremely effective at destroying enemy ground turrets (as well as Air Sentries and enemy Nano Shields).
· These are wonderfully effective when defending an area, such as an objective sight, and will quickly spring into action when an enemy passes it’s field of view, alerting you of enemy presence and softening them up for your gun.
· The higher you place them, the more effective they will be. Areas overlooking an objective sight, or a frequently travelled area will provide the ground turret with ample targets and the enemy will have a harder time hiding from the turret when they have the high ground.
· The more kills your ground turret gets and levels up, the longer it’s duration lasts and the shorter your cooldown to redeploy it.

Air Sentries
· Hovering air support that will defend an area around where you threw the little box down. You need to make sure that the trajectory line is green when you attempt to deploy one.
· The box that you throw to summon the air sentry can stick to its surroundings, therefore you can throw it against a wall or object if you need to.
· It’s radius of movement is roughly 10-15 meters or so, yet can fire upon targets much farther away.
· Being that it is above the players line of sight, it is easy to lose track of an Air Sentry, allowing it to be deployed above intense action to score a few kills before being noticed.
· They do excellent damage, requiring a few bursts of its machine gun to completely kill an enemy, but even 1 burst will be enough to significantly wound an enemy and force them to hide. Therefore, these are very effective at territory control provided that they are not easily spotted from long distances where enemies can safely shoot at it.
· While deploying them right in the heat of the action can get you some kills, the Air Sentry will last noticeably longer if you do not deploy it directly over action, but instead off to a side, or in an area where enemies wouldn’t expect one to be. On the outskirts of the map are also great choices, as it will be engaging enemies from outside of the map.
· Can be destroyed by gunfire as well as the Missile attachment.
· The more kills it receives, the longer it’s duration is and the quicker it’s cooldown to redeploy.

Ammo Crate
· Fully restocks weapon ammo, alternative firing ammo, grenades, as well as restoring your health.
· Does not show up on the mini-map and is quite tiny so could be easily missed, yet there is an in-game icon.
· Is more appropriate for defending missions, where you may run out of ammo quickly, or when you may greatly benefit from having your ammo be constantly topped off, such as being able to consistently throw explosives or lay down suppressing fire.

Support Teleport
· Picks a random teammate to instantly teleport alongside of, it does not matter if they’re currently engaged in a firefight or if they’re simply running around the map.
· Can be a great way to easily group up with a teammate, especially if there are no Spawn Beacons active.
· Use the VC30 Sickle Shotgun to be able to immediately appear and blast surprised enemies in the face!

GodofWine

Slow down, hug a wall, burst fire.

I tried to go all COD on this and am tagged with a .66 kdr cause of it.

I now play support role, set up spawns and try to put my team in the right places...and by doing this I find Im usually in a place where I have multiple team members near me, drawing fire from eachother and can pick up more kills and assists, and less deaths.

Unless you are a scout, do not lone wolf this game. As a scout I can team up with a player or two, revive them, keep a spawn near by, we are never alone.

Eventually my kdr should be respectable again.

EL CUCO

Here is a little Support guide, which I think is a great class to get accustomed to if you're new and still want to be a GREAT help to your team. Hopefully the formatting doesn't get messed up.

Revive Drone
· Can use it to revive players at long distances, so long as you have line of sight to your downed teammate.
· Always be on the lookout for downed teammates, especially during times when there isn’t a Spawn Beacon active. Reviving these downed teammates will be the only way to maintain presence in areas of the map. If everyone always has to respawn at homebase, your team will quickly lose territory.
· However, don’t rush to revive a downed teammate who lays in the middle of a frantic firefight, or if you have to expose yourself and risk your own death to revive them. If you’re in a party and can chat, alert them that you are on the way or if it’s hopeless to get to them.
· Reviving via the Revive Drone grants the player not only with fully restocked ammo and grenades, but also reloads their gun!
· You CAN destroy an enemy Revive Drone while it is above an enemy player, so long as you destroy it before they get the chance to revive themselves.
· The more you revive downed teammates and level up your Revive Drone ability, the shorter your revive cooldown becomes. At high levels, it is only seconds before you can rapidly revive downed teammates.

Spawn Beacon
· Portable spawn points for your team to spawn at, allowing a player with this ability to give the team another option of where to spawn.
· It is still unknown how many Spawn Beacons can be active on the map at any one time, but so far it seems to be at least 4-5 (compared to simply 2 in KZ2).
· When you place a Spawn Beacon, note that the direction you are facing. Everyone will spawn facing the SAME direction that you are facing when you place the Spawn Beacon, so make sure to be facing in an advantageous position when you deploy it that will allow spawning teammates to be immediately aware of their surroundings, and not facing a wall.
· The more teammates spawn at your Spawn Beacon and level it up, the longer your Spawn Beacon lasts before it auto-disappears, as well as reducing its cooldown before you can redeploy another one.
· Always be mindful of where you are placing the Spawn Beacon, attempt to have it in a safe, not frequently travelled part of the map and one with restricted lines of sight so enemies cannot come across it easily as they move or shoot at it from a distance. Some place where your teammates will spawn with their back against a wall, or in a corner, or hidden in bushes would be a great spot.
· Ideally, you don’t want the enemy team to know where your teammates are spawning. If you can help it, don’t place the Spawn Beacon in the same room as an objective, but instead in an adjacent room or close by, or else teammates will be spawning on top of grenades or in the amid gunfire.
· Elevated areas work great to, allowing your team to spawn in an advantageous position with the higher ground relative to the rest of the map, with the ability to fire downwards at enemies.
· Can be deconstructed by walking up to an enemy Spawn Beacon and holding TRIANGLE. Can also be shot at and melee’d in order to simply destroy it, and it doesn’t take much.

Ground Turrets
· Stationary yet quite annoying and can not only provide excellent cover fire, distraction, but they also have no issue getting you multiple kills, especially if the enemy is already weakened from gunfire.
· Only have a field of view of roughly 30 degrees in front of them, as well as up and down. Note this when you place it.
· Enemies can deconstruct these, easily from behind where they will be safe from the turrets field of view, so attempt to place them back against a wall making it harder for enemies to get behind it.
· You can also simply shoot at the ground turret to destroy it, and it requires a moderate amount of bullets to do so.
· The Missile attachment is also extremely effective at destroying enemy ground turrets (as well as Air Sentries and enemy Nano Shields).
· These are wonderfully effective when defending an area, such as an objective sight, and will quickly spring into action when an enemy passes it’s field of view, alerting you of enemy presence and softening them up for your gun.
· The higher you place them, the more effective they will be. Areas overlooking an objective sight, or a frequently travelled area will provide the ground turret with ample targets and the enemy will have a harder time hiding from the turret when they have the high ground.
· The more kills your ground turret gets and levels up, the longer it’s duration lasts and the shorter your cooldown to redeploy it.

Air Sentries
· Hovering air support that will defend an area around where you threw the little box down. You need to make sure that the trajectory line is green when you attempt to deploy one.
· The box that you throw to summon the air sentry can stick to its surroundings, therefore you can throw it against a wall or object if you need to.
· It’s radius of movement is roughly 10-15 meters or so, yet can fire upon targets much farther away.
· Being that it is above the players line of sight, it is easy to lose track of an Air Sentry, allowing it to be deployed above intense action to score a few kills before being noticed.
· They do excellent damage, requiring a few bursts of its machine gun to completely kill an enemy, but even 1 burst will be enough to significantly wound an enemy and force them to hide. Therefore, these are very effective at territory control provided that they are not easily spotted from long distances where enemies can safely shoot at it.
· While deploying them right in the heat of the action can get you some kills, the Air Sentry will last noticeably longer if you do not deploy it directly over action, but instead off to a side, or in an area where enemies wouldn’t expect one to be. On the outskirts of the map are also great choices, as it will be engaging enemies from outside of the map.
· Can be destroyed by gunfire as well as the Missile attachment.
· The more kills it receives, the longer it’s duration is and the quicker it’s cooldown to redeploy.

Ammo Crate
· Fully restocks weapon ammo, alternative firing ammo, grenades, as well as restoring your health.
· Does not show up on the mini-map and is quite tiny so could be easily missed, yet there is an in-game icon.
· Is more appropriate for defending missions, where you may run out of ammo quickly, or when you may greatly benefit from having your ammo be constantly topped off, such as being able to consistently throw explosives or lay down suppressing fire.

Support Teleport
· Picks a random teammate to instantly teleport alongside of, it does not matter if they’re currently engaged in a firefight or if they’re simply running around the map.
· Can be a great way to easily group up with a teammate, especially if there are no Spawn Beacons active.
· Use the VC30 Sickle Shotgun to be able to immediately appear and blast surprised enemies in the face!

Good post. A couple of teammates running support is the difference between winning and losing.

LkPr

What seems to be the most popular class choice right now? I just booted up the SP last night and I'm thinking that now I'll just jump into MP.

Elginer

Fantastic thread! Having a blast so far and added myself to the PSN list. Still kind of learning how the game plays but love playing Support with a dash of Assault at times. I swear no one in TDM put out spawn beacons. /SIGH

Nipo

I was just checking out http://shadowfall.killzone.com and notice you can view your challenge progress now in addition to your stats overview. Has that always been there and I just never saw it or is it a new addition. Looks like you can also see your abilities progress and how close to unlocking weapons attachments. I like it.

EL CUCO

I was just checking out http://shadowfall.killzone.com and notice you can view your challenge progress now in addition to your stats overview. Has that always been there and I just never saw it or is it a new addition. Looks like you can also see your abilities progress and how close to unlocking weapons attachments. I like it.
I don't see a stat counter for abilities and weapons. Unless I'm missing something... :(

Top Bottom