• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

EekTheKat

Magic number for me is 68 - then I can finally play the way I want to without resorting to all this grinding nonsense.

People are figuring out maps rather quickly though, it's still sad that the new pool of players don't see the value of a spawn point. Saw a couple new tactics that surprised me in that it actually worked, though I think it may be due to the new crop of players allowing the other team to play so aggressively.

Oh yeah, game managed to crash and corrupt my save, I restored the save from the cloud and I think I'm back to where I left off.

PS4 uploading everything to cloud storage during standby saved me this time.

skybald

What is the player count? Is it going up?

I am close to ranking 25 in BF4. Once I get that I will be done with that game and come back to KZ! And probably get destroyed!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I keep going back and forth with this game but it's clicking again lately. It's so awesome when you have a good team. I just wish other people played support more so I don't have to do all the reviving and spawn placing all the time and could try out other classes :lol

Grinchy

Banned
Dear Killzone Players,

There are maps in this game that aren't called "The Forest" or "The Remains." I don't think you're aware of this yet, but it's true. You're even allowed to vote for them at the end of a round.

Sincerely,
Fuck You

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Dear Killzone Players,

There are maps in this game that aren't called "The Forest" or "The Remains." I don't think you're aware of this yet, but it's true. You're even allowed to vote for them at the end of a round.

Sincerely,
Fuck You

I still haven't gotten a win on The Factory for the Dominator trophy. Only played it once and it ended in a loss seconds after I got in.

I keep going back and forth with this game but it's clicking again lately. It's so awesome when you have a good team. I just wish other people played support more so I don't have to do all the reviving and spawn placing all the time and could try out other classes :lol

Played a game today with solid reviving... but I'm the only one placing spawns. The enemy team must have had 2 solid spawn placers.

I swear to god, I just don't get it. The team sheepishly spawns at the base, runs out, dies. Rinse and repeat. Doesn't anyone think to use spawn beacons? I get the idea that they'd rather rank up turrets.

If I could just have mic support, I could at least guide teammates. I have urges to play, but then the lack of communication and plain idiocy and some of these guys frustrates me to quit.

But, the game works as it should: Solid teamwork will kick your ass almost all the time. There's just no getting around good teamwork.

I also love how Scout players seem to play the objective... I always see them planting or capping objectives, and using that helpful scan. I do wish their rifles were a tad buffed. Seems very disadvantageous to play that class, as most maps don't favour the sniper's method.

Grinchy

Banned
I got stuck in the map here. I think it was on The Spire. I couldn't do shit until an enemy saw me and killed me.
shaowfailiergq.jpg

And then I got stuck in this little gap here. I dunno why the gif is so shitty though.
shaowfail2xmkdq.gif

_Isaac

Dear Killzone Players,

Sincerely,
Fuck You

I don't think people choose "The Remains" that often in my experience.

Ellite25

Dear Killzone Players,

Sincerely,
Fuck You

I've never playing in The Factory. I always vote for it but it loses.

I don't think people choose "The Remains" that often in my experience.

I actually like that map. Hated The Penthouse for a while but it's kinda growing on me. I don't find The Forest that bad, since I don't play TDM and have never been spawn trapped in Classic Warzone.

fallingdove

I am very much a noob as well and think I am starting to get a grip with things, some pointers:

- Shoot high and in bursts. Body shots seem to do feck all and you really need to go for the headshots and get that skill down. Firing everything you got just reduces accuracy way too much so do 'finger pumping' hehehe of the trigger. Seems to work better for me, although my accuracy is still pants I hopefully will improve if I keep at it.

- Stick to the crowd or outer edges of them, or use them as your buffer. If you know 5 guys are behind you, you have less to worry about someone coming behind you for the melee. Not always true though, found a lot of team mates couldn't give a fuck and worry more about their own kill/death ratio.

- Try the different classes to see if one works better for you. I vary depending on the map, although I am staying away from scout. It appeals to me the most but I just got steamrolled every time I tried it. I am using the support class more often as you can influence the overall battle more than most. For instance I stick down air support behind some cover close to their base which helps pin them down and then revive teammates to keep the territory with hopefully another support class putting down some spawn beacons. The abilities you choose help a lot. IF you are an assault class, I find the drone is wonderful to get that first shot and pick out a player. I use them to 'see' around corners.

- Take it slow, running in the game means you can't shoot really so run in bursts when you know nothing is coming like down corridors then ease off. The only time to rush in my opinion is when you first start the level to try and get 'the high ground' or territory advantage.

- Get used to the maps and work out choke points with good cover, check the mini-map often to work out where people are. You will see the enemy as well and can get in behind them.

Great tips. Put them to use tonight - did much much better. K/D is up to 0.48. :)

Ah fuck. I'm having PSN problems tonight. Sorry guys.

Epic games of Supply King. Wish more people would play that game type.

Gonna post vids and gifs of the games later.

What the hell is Supply King?

A truly magical experience, known to but a select few.

Its where your entire team sets down supply boxes and uses them to level up their supply box skill for the entire game. For best results, start doing this after you win 3 of the 5 warzone rounds.

I was loving the multiplayer of this for the past week since EU launch, but last night was incredibly frustrating. The lack of public voice comms is seriously hampering this game. Yesterday I was caught in the most epic spawn camping I've ever seen, and while every single one of my team kept running to the exact same point over and over again to die within seconds leaving me to try and break out one of the other exits, to plant a spawn beacon to give them a chance of getting out and getting behind the camping force.

All I can think is that either the other team were psychic, or were friends in a party chat. They just had the map locked down so well.

Just finished a session with Killzone GAF! It was so damn fun. Even got a trophy for completing 200 challenges! But fuck those stealth bastards on the other team. That was just annoying.

H4r4kiri

Yes I got accepted at GAF :)

Here are my Impressions from the MP

Gameplay/Weaponfeel: I realy enjoy the Feeling of the Guns. The analogsticks are very precise and I cant say anything against it. I also enjoy the Gameplay, but Spawncamping is massive and sometimes i feel the turrets are op. Sometimes i feel Headshots at distance are not recognized

Graphics Nothing but stunning. Sometimes its hard to track enemies at distance though

Balance I really like the balancing of this Game. Every weapon feels good but not too op. Some feel too weak though.

Maps Overall I like all the maps, but i dont think they are stunning like a CS_Dust or some Halo maps

Critics I really hate that there is no VoIP. Glad to hear they will add it. I also dislike the washing look while running. The sniping mechanics are weird too. ( why cant you abort to aim in ? ) The hip fire is not effective enough.

Overall I think it is a great Game but need adjustments. I hope some Gafers will add me so we can do Partys. ( I am from europe)

PSN ID: H4r4kiri18

Octacamo

To All the COD Players,

Please dont go all COD in warzone, this game as in whole is a Team Play kind of multiplayer and KDR here doesn't mean anything. Even a good team even with full of noobs can win warzone match if they work as a team and plan their attack.

MADGAME

To All the COD Players,

Please dont go all COD in warzone, this game as in whole is a Team Play kind of multiplayer and KDR here doesn't mean anything. Even a good team even with full of noobs can win warzone match if they work as a team and plan their attack.

INCUBA3E

Banned
As a massive kz2 fan i couldnt wait.

But for me i cant get into it

Fame rate is jarring
Blur fx make my eyes hurt
environments are uninspiring, and just dont pop for some reason

Grantd i dont have a 1080p tv, only 720p so ill hold my final judgement, but either way the frame rate is annoying

As a massive kz2 fan i couldnt wait.

But for me i cant get into it

Fame rate is jarring
Blur fx make my eyes hurt
environments are uninspiring, and just dont pop for some reason

Grantd i dont have a 1080p tv, only 720p so ill hold my final judgement, but either way the frame rate is annoying

I'm confused. Are you actually complaining about Shadow Falls higher frame rate?

To All the COD Players,

As much as this annoys me, this is more Guerrilla's fault than players' until they get in-game voice chat working.

I play this frequently... BlackSunshine007 if anyone wants to add me. I'd desperately like to play with people who understand what it takes to win in Warzone.

Anyone else killing themselves while trying to shoot with the grenade launcher attachment?
It's like there's invisible walls in my way, fucking infuriating.

MADGAME

Anyone else killing themselves while trying to shoot with the grenade launcher attachment?

Lol, it pissed me off for a bit too. You think you have clearance in hallways and over low railings, but you don't. Make sure you are either in wide open space or shooting down off a ledge with no obstructions.

Madgame Committed Suicide -50

X-Frame

I wonder how many suicides I have.

Never have I ever just casually walked off a ledge and fall to my death as often than I do in this game, or be in a part of the map and slaughtered by a base turret when the part of the maps feels like it should be accessible to both teams. There isn't many warnings that you are walking into an enemy base sometimes.

Huggers

I am the assist master. I'm the John fucking Stockton of Killzone. People always pinching my kills!

Also, drones are way over powered. The support one is a beast

Huggers

Yep. Noticed this earlier, you pop your head out from round a corner to launch a grenade and BOOM, suicide

I hope they add in some of the large maps from KZ2 to the game. Dunno, too many small "arena" like maps in this it feels like. Love the way it plays but not crazy about all the maps.

I like the game a lot, but I'm saddened by the teeny size of the MP population. Game deserves better, IMO.

If it's like previous killzones, it will always have an active fanbase playing it. It doesn't need tons of players to be active and have games to play. People still play KZ2 and 3 and neither of those games had massive player counts either.

Also the PS4 is still supply constrained, which limits sales growth, and there is going to be many more Killzone bundle sales to come too, so there will be more players at least still to come.

You can't shoot behind cover, in close corridors, or when there are dying people (down but not respawned or revived) in front of you.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SOME MORE GAMES OF SUPPLY KING TONIGHT. FUCK YEAH.

MADGAME

Also the PS4 is still supply constrained, which limits sales growth, and there is going to be many more Killzone bundle sales to come too, so there will be more players at least still to come.

People will also leave the game for good, so it may be a wash. Loving the game and expect to play through the Season Pass, but not optimistic about player counts going up dramatically.

Edit: Hope I'm wrong; MP is a blast and deserving of a robust community.

If it's like previous killzones, it will always have an active fanbase playing it. It doesn't need tons of players to be active and have games to play. People still play KZ2 and 3 and neither of those games had massive player counts either.

I understand all that, but barely a thousand people during peak hours? I just think the game deserves better.

Camjo-Z

I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot more than the campaign. My favorite tactic so far is to play support with the "teleport to random ally" ability, sometimes I get warped straight in the middle of a firefight but a lot of times I've saved someone in trouble with it. The funniest use of it so far was when I got spotted by an enemy who immediately charged at me, then found himself taking a shot to the back when I teleported directly behind him.

Strider

They must have consulted with Infinity Ward when creating The Forest. That is one terrible map. People vote for it like it's the best map ever though. I haven't even gotten to play all the maps yet :(

Grinchy

Banned
They must have consulted with Infinity Ward when creating The Forest. That is one terrible map. People vote for it like it's the best map ever though. I haven't even gotten to play all the maps yet :(

It's music to my ears when people agree that The Forest is the worst map in the game. And, like always, the KZ community demands the worst possible scenario to play in.

Top Bottom