• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Hey all, are people still playing this game online? I got side-tracked after a week or so by Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed.

Haven't been back yet, but every time I check the drop-down menu, the population numbers in Warzone are abysmal. Like below 1,000 people on at a time.

Also, is there any way to see what other custom warzone modes are out there, beyond what's featured on the mainpage of the warzone menu?

Thanks.

PSN: Jaeger_Dice
West Coast

GodofWine

I understand all that, but barely a thousand people during peak hours? I just think the game deserves better.

Yea, they made a big mistake releasing it at the same time as COD and BF4

I think its sales number will surprise you.

and, there are no peak hours yet, the players are probably evenly split in european time zones, east coast NA and west coast NA, the system is probably well under 2mil active units. You just arent gonna get huge concurrent counts when europe is going to bed when east coast is finishing their dinners, and west coast is still at work.

3K online now during peak europe time , while EST is working or headed home and PST is eating lunch.

Marc

People just vote for the Forest map because it's pretty.

Yeah, love that map, looks amazing.

I would love a 'Predator' mode where a random spawn point spawns one person with infinite stealth and he has to take on everyone else (8-10?) who are armed with pistols and no abilities. When killed someone else is randomly picked and respawned on the map as the predator. Could be a laugh.

Think I'll jump in and play some more tomorrow morning. Haven't gotten to unlock anything yet but I feel comfortable as a support guy with turret and minigun.

Sniping is really hard for me.

Marc

Great tips. Put them to use tonight - did much much better. K/D is up to 0.48. :)

Cool, glad to hear it! :D Yeah, I think I was around .50, now up to around .75 but can't seem to raise it above that.

They should really separate team deathmatch from everything else, as your kill/death ratio takes a massive hit if you work for the team in other modes. Should be disabled or a separate count created. That way people wouldn't worry so much about it in other modes (lots treat warzones as deathmatches) and people would venture out more from deathmatch.

This Multiplayer is crazy fun. But why the majority of people are playing TDM?

This is Killzone!

Warzone all day every day.

Also: Bring back the assasination mission!

Nipo

Okay, after trying each one extensively I'm calling it. The Kameraad is the worst gun in the game. I can't get a kill with that thing to save my life.

also i finally unlocked C4 and attaching it to the beacon and waiting until the other team picks it up to explode it is the most fun i've had in the game.

Okay, after trying each one extensively I'm calling it. The Kameraad is the worst gun in the game. I can't get a kill with that thing to save my life.

Has a pretty quick fire rate. Headshots will kill in one hit.

Out of the snipers, that's my favorite.

Nipo

Has a pretty quick fire rate. Headshots will kill in one hit.

Out of the snipers, that's my favorite.

I'm a big fan of the StA-61 (second one). It still fires pretty quick and kills in 2 shots with a 10x scope. Since I'm terrible at headshots and hate the slow fire rate of the LS-70 it is my favorite.

For whatever reason trying to get the third shot always ends up with them getting away and me dying.

btkadams

This game is so much better when you're in a party and talking with teammates. I did this for the first time last night and it was a total blast. I'm pretty average at the game, but I felt like I did better with a team that was communicating.

This game is so much better when you're in a party and talking with teammates. I did this for the first time last night and it was a total blast. I'm pretty average at the game, but I felt like I did better with a team that was communicating.

We totally rocked yesterday! It was my first time playing with other GAFfers. KZ multiplayer is meant to be played with voice chat. Patch this in now, Guerilla!

May fundamentally break the game, but may not:

1) Finishing downed enemies like in Killzone 2

I feel that the incredible revive abilities are more than enough to revive your mates, but that it's really silly that I can't finish off downed enemies, constantly fearing some medic reviving him from a distance.

2) Bring back Squads, and Spawning on Squad Leader

While I feel that Spawn beacons are great, and that teamwork should define winning the game, I think that having this back from KZ2 should alleviate some of the pressures of spawn beacons playing the be-all end-all of victories.

I feel that the incredible revive abilities are more than enough to revive your mates, but that it's really silly that I can't finish off downed enemies, constantly fearing some medic reviving him from a distance.

While I feel that Spawn beacons are great, and that teamwork should define winning the game, I think that having this back from KZ2 should alleviate some of the pressures of spawn beacons playing the be-all end-all of victories.

1) Yes. And I think the revive ability shouldn't give you all your ammo and grenades back.

2) Hmm, maybe. I like the idea of squads. This could help the spawn camping problem, too. But if this takes away emphasis on spawn beacons and the Support class, maybe add a cool down or the squad leader has to be of line of sight from the enemy? It could also be an ability. Maybe the Support class could have a Mobile Spawn beacon on him at the cost of giving up his secondary weapon or something.

Grinchy

Banned

Yep, and not only that but they need to change it so that you don't get ammo/grenades back upon reviving. That would make people choose whether it's worth reviving at the time, and it would make supply boxes worthy.

Korten

Banned
Only got to play 2 matches but I got 20k points and 1st place, and we won on my last match. :D It was fucking amazing. I love this multiplayer.

Zabant

There's a disgusting little spot on the station map, it's on top of a train carriage where you can see right into the back of the enemy spawn between the slightest of gaps under the hanging rail hookup. Set myself up a nano shield with my acog rumbler and went on a 16 kill streak. Would have went on longer but I ran out of ammo.

By the way, could you add me to the list please?

Zabant

It's also really easy to kill.

It is, but opening fire on it gives you away and leaves you open to being gunned down, something that happens a lot I find. The game is much more well rounded than CoD though, I can actually stand to use the sniper rifles in this game, something I never do in CoD.

Edit: Drat, missed my spot in the party, looks like there's a limit of 8

Baliis

It is, but opening fire on it gives you away and leaves you open to being gunned down, something that happens a lot I find. The game is much more well rounded than CoD though, I can actually stand to use the sniper rifles in this game, something I never do in CoD.

Well I might be a bit biased since I usually run with the minigun that can take it out in like 2 seconds.

Missile attachment takes them out in 1 hit. Only takes a second to lock on.

You say this until you match against a team of 3 or 4 great players or vice versa and the game becomes stupid easy. You don't want squad spawning dude. People will get raped left and right. You can damn near revive spam in this game just as fast.

I can't even roll in teams with multiple friends half the time in this game as most of us are top players in some regard. I already feel revive spam is a little too much in this game. Give a couple people squad spawn and the game just becomes cake for these teams. Trust me. Guys like Titansbane and such times 7 in a Warzone. You won't have a chance with squad leader spawn.

It really is fine the way it is. People just need to cooperate and people need to voice concerns about when to be support on mics. Right now it is not possible to do that with randoms. But it will be soon.

Jordoon

Great minds think a like :)

For some reason I just call it the kamehameha gun.

I like using the Vultur with acog sight, silencer and cloak ability. Stay off the radar two-shoting everyone and go invisible when you want to sneak behind enemy lines. Pretty fun setup.

X-Frame

When a challenge says to "Destroy X Spawn Beacons" or turrets, does deconstructing count or do you need to literally destroy it?

Top Bottom