• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

So, I am sorry but three thousand players during peak times is not enough for the concern trolls?

Really? This game is going to update with decent marketing the clan structure, chat, free maps, etc. They are also going to have free weekends on certain dates. If people think this game isn't going to grow they are seriously misinformed. The game is awesome. As players level up they just want to play more.

When coop comes you are going to have a decent amount of people willing to jump in as well depending on how awesome the mode is. This game is doing just fine. It doesn't need to sell a billion dollars worth to survive at all.

MADGAME

When a challenge says to "Destroy X Spawn Beacons" or turrets, does deconstructing count or do you need to literally destroy it?

I'm assuming no, because I never received the award when I was on a sheild/turret deconstruct streak. I tried out the voltage, and that rips shields apart so fast. Kept receiving awards after that.

Do your unlocks in multi-player carry over in to botzone?

Yes.

Nipo

When coop comes you are going to have a decent amount of people willing to jump in as well depending on how awesome the mode is. This game is doing just fine. It doesn't need to sell a billion dollars worth to survive at all.

I'm really looking forward to Coop mode, but am a little concerned about the population on that game type depending on cost. If they price it at $10 I don't know how many people will buy it if you can test it first. However, if they make it so you can unlock weapons/abilities in coop it will sell like hotcakes as everyone who wants a platinum will buy it.

Hopefully there is a solid number of GAFers who buy into coop so I know at least one good group will be playing it.

X-Frame

The Judaz pistol is DIRTY in the Side-Arms & Explosives server this morning. Just got 40 kills on Penthouse with a 11 kill streak. Got my 200 kills with it too, time to move onto the Ripper maybe.

Hoje0308

Banned
The Judaz pistol is DIRTY in the Side-Arms & Explosives server this morning. Just got 40 kills on Penthouse with a 11 kill streak. Got my 200 kills with it too, time to move onto the Ripper maybe.

I was just in that game earlier. And yes, the Judaz annihilates in close quarters.

Nipo

Say hello to my little friend is a good one for pistols too. Also a great warzone to pick up some buddy drone kills.

RoeBear

uSIbYmX.png

I'm the green response.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm assuming no, because I never received the award when I was on a sheild/turret deconstruct streak. I tried out the voltage, and that rips shields apart so fast. Kept receiving awards after that.

Wow, that's lame that it doesn't count deconstructs.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I have no idea how to use the grenade launcher attachment. I press L1 and... then what? Keep dying and feeling foolish. :(

X-Frame

Did anyone else notice that they tripled the Spawn Assist points from 25 per person to 75?

Is there any other point differences?

lifa-cobex

Really don't see the point for snipers in this. The maps aren't built for it in the slightest.
Plus the cloaking to knife thing suuuucks.

I miss the big maps from KZ2.
Especially when you would be fighting over a point and trying to push forward as a team.
Don't really get it in this or in KZ3.

And no mechs from like in KZ2 :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game really clicked for me today. I was kind of enjoying it before but it skyrocketed to greatness all of a sudden. Lots more people playing this afternoon, more class variety, and more teamwork. I even came in first overall for 3 or 4 games in a row and that never happens for me in MP games, especially ones I started off as terribly as I was at this in the beginning. Played a lot of games withe eenly matched teams and it was really tense and satisfying.

Grinchy

Banned
Hm, were they really at 25?? 75 seems more appropriate, anything to get more spawn beacons on the map!

If they really changed it to 75, I think that's way too much. I easily get first place whenever I play support on a somewhat decent team.

I'm hoping he just had 3 people spawn on his beacon to get the 75 points. The points displayed do add together when multiple things happen at the same time.

Really don't see the point for snipers in this. The maps aren't built for it in the slightest.
Plus the cloaking to knife thing suuuucks.

I miss the big maps from KZ2.
Especially when you would be fighting over a point and trying to push forward as a team.
Don't really get it in this or in KZ3.

And no mechs from like in KZ2 :(

Apparently the next DLC map is a sniper-favoured map.

I feel like the sniper's semi-rifles are underpowered. That spoor is a peashooter.

And I agree about stealth knifing. Stealth knifing feels frustratingly broken. I've tried to stab countless enemies only for me to stab air, and then have them notice me. I really wish you could pull out your gun while invisible easier.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Was there a framerate patch in the past few days? MP seems a lot smoother than before, even when things get really hectic. Either that or I was playing 24 player Warzone before and didn't realize it.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
lame...my internetz kicked me off...sorry killgore, robear and the rest of the Killzone-GAF bros leaving you hanging like that...
:(

Does 24 player warzone have a reduced framerate or something? I just went to play it for the first time (didn't notice they added it until today) and it sure didn't feel as smooth to me.

Does 24 player warzone have a reduced framerate or something? I just went to play it for the first time (didn't notice they added it until today) and it sure didn't feel as smooth to me.

Well, naturally, more players + more bombs/drones + action...

Think I see why "Classic" Warzone is 7v7

meppi

Game really clicked for me today. I was kind of enjoying it before but it skyrocketed to greatness all of a sudden. Lots more people playing this afternoon, more class variety, and more teamwork. I even came in first overall for 3 or 4 games in a row and that never happens for me in MP games, especially ones I started off as terribly as I was at this in the beginning. Played a lot of games withe eenly matched teams and it was really tense and satisfying.

Well you had a decent wingman. ;)

Same for me actually. The game felt nice the first day I played it on Thursday, but today was the day that I really started having a blast with it.
Unlocking some nice things and finding a weapon/ability combo that works for me, at least for now.
Me and my buddy had a terrible time playing BF4 yesterday, no matter if we won or lost. The game just doesn't feel fun at all 90% of the time, and that's not even counting the crashing and errors.
So I'm glad that KZ is turning out to be so much fun, especially after KZ3, which I didn't like the MP of at all.

After you left, nearly the whole team did as well it seems and it filled up with people not knowing what to do at all.
Grabbing a beacon and trying to put it in the enemy placement right next to it for 10 seconds comes to mind. Or setting spawn beacons and stun drones in our own spawn. lol

Hope it'll be better again tomorrow.

lifa-cobex

I feel like the sniper's semi-rifles are underpowered. That spoor is a peashooter.

And I agree about stealth knifing. Stealth knifing feels frustratingly broken. I've tried to stab countless enemies only for me to stab air, and then have them notice me. I really wish you could pull out your gun while invisible easier.

Hopefully its not pay for DLC.
Feels like these maps you speak of should already be there.

Yea I don't really understand the decision with Stealth stabbing.
I never felt it was unbalanced or anything. 1 shot, you uncloak. Simple

Keihart

The multi-player really feels like a mix of an RTS and a FPS but without the probably needed general. It's all about controlling areas of the map with your skills, so when a team doesn't cooperate it might get really frustrating . Really liking this mp, i can't wait for my friends to get their ps4 and play some private matches 4v4, in fact i would recommend organizing this types of games with gaffers too, i think it might be a blast.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well you had a decent wingman. ;)

Same for me actually. The game felt nice the first day I played it on Thursday, but today was the day that I really started having a blast with it.
Unlocking some nice things and finding a weapon/ability combo that works for me, at least for now.
Me and my buddy had a terrible time playing BF4 yesterday, no matter if we won or lost. The game just doesn't feel fun at all 90% of the time, and that's not even counting the crashing and errors.
So I'm glad that KZ is turning out to be so much fun, especially after KZ3, which I didn't like the MP of at all.

After you left, nearly the whole team did as well it seems and it filled up with people not knowing what to do at all.
Grabbing a beacon and trying to put it in the enemy placement right next to it for 10 seconds comes to mind. Or setting spawn beacons and stun drones in our own spawn. lol

Hope it'll be better again tomorrow.
I thought that was you. You revived my sorry ass way too many times.

rCIZZLE

I'm so glad they nerfed the cloaked actions all around. People sitting with a sniper and cloaked on the corner of a map made for some pretty boring games.

meppi

I thought that was you. You revived my sorry ass way too many times.

All in a days work. ;)

The funniest one was in the factory map. (Love that one btw. Such a great layout and reminds me of KZ2 quite a bit)
I see you getting killed from behind a corner, so I wait a second or two to see of anyone comes around. When I don't see or hear anything I revive and before you are able to turn around and take 2 steps, you get killed again from the same position.

So I decide to not make the same mistake again and peek around the corner myself instead of trying to revive again.
Then BAM, also dead.
Turns out we both accidentally walked into the enemy spawn and a spawn camp turret got both of us since we didn't know the layout.

Huggers

I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer game in ages. Currently at 1 day 1 hour of online playtime. Which considering I've only had it 8 days is pretty good going. Sniping is farewell worthless if you want big numbers of kills and to have an impact grabbing beacons etc but that aside it's so playable and fun.

DoomGyver

I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer game in ages. Currently at 1 day 1 hour of online playtime. Which considering I've only had it 8 days is pretty good going. Sniping is farewell worthless if you want big numbers of kills and to have an impact grabbing beacons etc but that aside it's so playable and fun.

The only two maps where sniping can give your team the advantage is the wall and that map with the train car wreck, and i forgot the forest.

I'm so glad they nerfed the cloaked actions all around. People sitting with a sniper and cloaked on the corner of a map made for some pretty boring games.

In Killzone 2 or 3?

Killzone 3 was laughably balanced.

I didn't have a problem with cloak/scout in KZ2. Most of the time, scout classes canceled each other out.

In Shadow Fall, their weapons feel very underpowered, despite their support role being fairly useful.

While I don't necessarily mind the no-confrontation style of the scout class, I feel like the actual stealth doesn't help the class out that much.

To me, the stealth stabbing doesn't seem to work most of the time. What do you guys think of making these changes to scout:

-Scouts can pass by turrets/sentries when cloaked (running would reveal their position)
-Semi automatic/spoor buff
-Better knife range when cloaked, or better hit detection

I feel like this game has great balance, but I slightly feel that Scouts struggle due to map design/weapons/underperformed cloaking.

Jordoon

The only scout weapon that I find underpowerd is the Spoor. I do pretty well with the Vultur and the Fors. I do agree with the cloak knifing not working, but I think knifing should be fixed all around. Quite a few times I hear a knife swinging noise so I turn around and shoot the guy. More often than not it was an assault or support class. I don't mean a Halo energy sword lunge, but something at least.

I like how drones/turrets can see cloaked enemies though (only if knifing is fixed). They're the only really good counter for an invisible enemy unless you're good at picking them out in the usual chaos.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
All in a days work. ;)

The funniest one was in the factory map. (Love that one btw. Such a great layout and reminds me of KZ2 quite a bit)
I see you getting killed from behind a corner, so I wait a second or two to see of anyone comes around. When I don't see or hear anything I revive and before you are able to turn around and take 2 steps, you get killed again from the same position.

So I decide to not make the same mistake again and peek around the corner myself instead of trying to revive again.
Then BAM, also dead.
Turns out we both accidentally walked into the enemy spawn and a spawn camp turret got both of us since we didn't know the layout.
:lol Yep. That happened to me more than once. Had never actually played that map before.

What the hell happened to this game?

Every match I join now, its either a few seconds before the end on the losing side or else its a spawn-camping nightmare.

Team deathmatch is already just a race to see which team can set up the spawn camp first, but even the regular warzones, large and small are all about the sprinting to those chokepoints and holding the fort against the other team's spawn, with the objectives a secondary concern.

Any fun I used to have is rapidly dwindling. My last match was Forest as ISA and you can't just say "well spawn as a tactician". I couldn't get anywhere near the map proper - it was just a hail of suppression and sniper fire. That shit will destroy the populations more than any bug could.

Top Bottom