• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Paertan

now you are just bragging lol

what class do you play??

Haha it is not EVERY game and not always that bad xD But it was a little bit too common this weekend. I play support and place a lot of Spawns and revive a lot. FYI that gives you a ton of points!
I don't mind loosing if the opposite team is better. I hate loosing because my team doesn't do anything.

Had some decent 24 player warzone and deathmatch matches tonight.

If I joined a game where we were spawn-camped or the lag was too bad I just ditched the server. Turns out thats the best for my enjoyment and sanity.

I wish the turret was like in TF2
Can't get a kill with this one

Just be careful with turret placement and remember it only has a 30 degree arc. I find corridors and elevated positions to be best.

But yeah, it would be nice if I could put a missile launcher on my turret by rifle butting it a dozen times.

Just got home from work and tried to join an online game, but I keep getting Error 10602 (E_PC_Failed). Looks like I have trouble accessing PSN, but I can go to the store just fine. Has this happened to anyone?

fixuis

Team balancing logic for matchmaking has been updated.

Is this why I suddenly get stuck with the worst of the worst from previous round?!
The games I played this weekend by myself most often ended with a scoreboard that looked something like

1. Me
2 Opposite team
3 Opposite team
4 Opposite team
5 Opposite team
6 My teammate
7 Opposite team

And we lost. Got really frustrated. I am good by I can't carry the entire team every game! I need to find some good Swedes to play with =/

Exact same thing happens to me..

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest
The Forest

I'm tired of playing on this map.

ref

It's gonna take forrrrrrrever to get 400 kills with the air turret.

What makes you say that?

I just finished up turret kills last night and air drone is what I'm going to be working on next. Last class ability I need to level up for Jack of all Trades trophy, was thinking it was going to be moderately easy. =(

Only thing I can think of as being annoying is people shooting them down all the time with the missile attachment.

Paertan

If the Air Turrets take so long to level up. That should mean it is kind of useless. So why would I level it? Or does it become great at max level?
Well unless for trophies. But I have turned of all trophy announcments etc. Could not care less about trophies/achievements/whatever. Unless I get a cake I don't care

Nipo

What makes you say that?

I just finished up turret kills last night and air drone is what I'm going to be working on next. Last class ability I need to level up for Jack of all Trades trophy, was thinking it was going to be moderately easy. =(

Only thing I can think of as being annoying is people shooting them down all the time with the missile attachment.

When you play the forest keep spamming them at the first tree line of the opposing teams base. It is good for 10+ kills a match. The divide is another surprisingly good one as the the room with the A objective in search and destroy allows them and they surprise people.

Grinchy

Banned
More like The Ruins/The Wreckage/whatever the fuck that ruined city map is called.

Yeah in my experience, every moron on the internet votes for either Forest or Remains over and over again. You have to really stick around for a long time in a room before the other maps get voted in. It also helps if you play with other people in a party and everyone votes right away for the other maps.

People are kinda dumb. If they see a map getting multiple votes right away, they will vote for it too. As long as your people can make it so that The Forest or The Remains isn't the moron-approved voted map, you get to go somewhere else.

Nipo

Playing in 40mins. Join in

PSN ID: Starfleets

PSN is down for maintenance. Current schedule was:

Maintenance Start: Monday, December 9th, 2013 9:00 AM PT
Maintenance End: Monday, December 9th, 2013 2:00 PM PT

But it was down before that so maybe it will be up earlier.

Ilúvatar

PSN is down for maintenance. Current schedule was:

Maintenance Start: Monday, December 9th, 2013 9:00 AM PT
Maintenance End: Monday, December 9th, 2013 2:00 PM PT

But it was down before that so maybe it will be up earlier.

Seems to be up for me

Nipo

Ilúvatar;93060832 said:
Seems to be up for me

It came up for me about 20 min after I posted too. Just got done a nice match of "say hello to my little friend". Buddy drone kills for everyone!

Played my first couple of hours of MP yesterday (also dipped into the first chapter of SP before nearly slipping into a coma...) and it was fun. Maps seem confusing initially, as if I can't quite ascertain the symmetry and main areas of push and pull, but I'm sure that will come with time. Remains is my pick of the bunch on first impressions.

Gunplay is great and hit detection seems spot-on, but I don't see myself - or the community, for that matter - being as enamored as I was with KZ2.

Ok, how have people been getting buddy drone kills in assault class?

The robot is good enough at assisting on some kills, but damn it is weak and it never seems like ti lands the last shot, I always do with my AR.

I'm still on level ONE of that damn ability! LOL

For comparison's sake, I've played Support class maybe a quarter of the amount of time as assault and already have both Spawn Beacon and Turret leveled up to 5.

Also, what time of day are the playlists usually most active? I checked just now at 10pm PST and there were 230 people in Warzone.

torontoml

Ok, how have people been getting buddy drone kills in assault class?

The robot is good enough at assisting on some kills, but damn it is weak and it never seems like ti lands the last shot, I always do with my AR.

I'm still on level ONE of that damn ability! LOL

For comparison's sake, I've played Support class maybe a quarter of the amount of time as assault and already have both Spawn Beacon and Turret leveled up to 5.

Also, what time of day are the playlists usually most active? I checked just now at 10pm PST and there were 230 people in Warzone.
Probably about 12pm to 4 or 6 your time.

nubbe

I think the best use of stationary turrets is to have it as a cover for your back, so you don't get stabbed in the neck.

Have they talked about releasing any sort of update to deal with the framerate?

I seriously can't handle some maps, it feels like I'm playing a game on a PC that can't handle the settings. Console games shouldn't zip up to 60+ FPS every time you look at the sky or ground.

Gskyace

What makes you say that?

Tooooo weak.

Do we need to level up to level 11 of each ability?

Paertan

Damn you NA GAF stop having fun! I mostly play by myslef. Damn timezone difference!
I get to play with these guys instead :/
gjzbC.gif

Nuova

Banned
Bingo. If one person on the enemy team has either the mini gun or missile launcher, your drone gets blown out of the sky faster than the Hindenburg.

Two words: Drone Rodeo

Best game type ever.

Haven't had that much fun in a game since Uncharted 2 melee only matches against randoms with GAF.

Stomach hurts so bad from laughing.

Tonight's winners:
Drone Rider Time Leader & Gold Chaps Champion:
35 seconds for Ref. (6 jumps)

Drone Jump leader:
14 jumps for Gallagher (32 seconds ride time)

Tomorrow we'll stream some Drone Rodeo games so y'all can enjoy us being stupid.

ref

Bingo. If one person on the enemy team has either the mini gun or missile launcher, your drone gets blown out of the sky faster than the Hindenburg.

Yeah.... I started doing them today and I think this one is going to take the longest.... everyone just shoots them out of the sky in less than 10 seconds. Think I got about 50 kills from about 4-5 hours of play which is pretty bad.

Tooooo weak.

Do we need to level up to level 11 of each ability?

Need to, no, but if you want the trophy, you do yes. Plus, if you level them the duration goes up each level, and cool-down drops to an eventual 10 seconds on everything at max rank.

Just depends what you want. Leveling them will come naturally from just playing the game, but I'm working on getting all the challenges for the trophies done ASAP, so...

Top Bottom