• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

ref

Holy crap, I just don't think I'll ever be able to max out all the upgrades. The buddy drone alone would be such a crappy grind.

You have no idea how annoying doing that was... I was averaging probably 4 kills a game. It took 3 nights of playing to get it I think.

Kilgore did it was well but I think it took him less.

Grinchy

Banned
Do you think they might patch some of the grinds down a bit? I mean, turret and air drone are doable, but grindy. But buddy drone... you can play three matches with it out all the time and not get a kill with it. It's useless...

I personally got Spawn Beacon and Revive to their max level within a day of playing. It's just how I roll. I can't play Assault or Scout for toffee, though. Kamikaze charging into a group of enemies guarding an objective and stunning them all as assault and then watching them all fall to your teammate's fire is fun as hell though.

Scouts, though. As useless here as they are in every other multi shooter. Ban snipers! They do nothing!

I have thought about it before, but I don't know if I even want them to buff the buddy drone. Imagine how annoying those little shits would be if they could consistently kill you on top of being used by a decent player. But yeah, trying to get kills with it just sucks. I think all the other abilities are much more doable. I just got my 75th turret kill tonight and I don't even use them very often. I guess the cloak ability will be annoying, but that's b/c I don't like playing scout or using that ability.

Fun games this eve everybody! Was getting a little frustrated by the end when it started to feel like my gun was shooting soft wisps of air at the enemies, but the laughs and the teamwork made it all worthwhile. Let's do it again some time.

I have thought about it before, but I don't know if I even want them to buff the buddy drone. Imagine how annoying those little shits would be if they could consistently kill you on top of being used by a decent player. But yeah, trying to get kills with it just sucks. I think all the other abilities are much more doable. I just got my 75th turret kill tonight and I don't even use them very often. I guess the cloak ability will be annoying, but that's b/c I don't like playing scout or using that ability.

They don't need to buff the drone to make the grind less annoying, they just have to change the metric they use for leveling up.

For example, instead of having to reach a set amount of kills with the drone per level, they could change it a set amount of damage dealt. That way, even if your drone only succeeds in assisting you (or other players around you) but never actually finishes the job, each little bit would go towards its progress.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, that's true. I guess they could even just decrease the number of kills needed to level it up to make things easy. I just hope they do something, because that's the one thing I don't fucking want to do in this game.

test_account

XP-39C²
I have to give credit to Guerilla Games for coming up with a great solution for the portable spawn points. I remember we discussed this regarding Killzone 2, what was the best way to make the portable spawn point. The way they did it in Shadow Fall is the best solution i think. You cant just camp next to a portable spawn point and shoot enemies at once, but you can destroy the spawn points.

X-Frame

Looks like I may be snowed in for quite a bit today here in NY -- will probably be on for most of the weekend.

I need GAF to help me with Supply King haha.

Nipo

Great games last night guys. I had to crash around midnight EST what time did you all play until? I loved the final defend mission on remains that was the tie breaker that was the most fun in the game yet.

test_account

XP-39C²
Man, i wish it was possible to disable the in-game kill stats sometimes. Kinda annoying when you see that a guy have killed you like 7-10 times and you have killed him 0 times, lol.

Is there a point in upgrading stuff that you don't want to use?
Besides getting a trophy and completing in-game challenges, no.

Ilúvatar

Holy crap, I just don't think I'll ever be able to max out all the upgrades. The buddy drone alone would be such a crappy grind.

Warzones specifically catering to getting drone kills are starting to crop up, for instance there is "Say hello to my little friend" (Pistols + Buddy Drones) that usually has about 20 people playing it at any given moment

Nipo

Ilúvatar;93649793 said:
Warzones specifically catering to getting drone kills are starting to crop up, for instance there is "Say hello to my little friend" (Pistols + Buddy Drones) that usually has about 20 people playing it at any given moment

I love that one. I just got done a match and ended up with 22 buddydrone kills. It is also great for getting scout pistol kills.

Dibbz

°°ToMmY°°;93664349 said:
Just got this nice sticky bomb kill in mp. Ahah

video

Limpet grenades are hilarious when you get it on someone. Throw it into a crowd watch the guy with it stuck to his ass run with his teammates and take them with him lol.

rCIZZLE

Just had one of the best times I've ever had in a multiplayer game. Having a whole group of people using Purger and reviving every teammate is so much fun. Had some really funny moments but it's a shame the Share button is so awkward. Hit "share" right after and instead of saving the last 15 minutes it just took 15 random minutes from the play session.

Ryuuga

Banned
but it's a shame the Share button is so awkward. Hit "share" right after and instead of saving the last 15 minutes it just took 15 random minutes from the play session.

If you double-tap (which happens often since it takes a moment to respond) it starts recording from that point forward instead of saving the last 15.

Ilúvatar;93649793 said:

How do you find these if they aren't on the main MP page? Where do you search for Warzones?

rCIZZLE

If you double-tap (which happens often since it takes a moment to respond) it starts recording from that point forward instead of saving the last 15.

Not what happened with me though. The screenshot and timestamp are correct but the 15 minute clip if from way before that.

Yup. Sound so you know to gtfo lol.
Been Snipping and I just hear WaaaaawaaWAAAAA!!!!
Me and my mates ditch the place completely

I hope GG adds a voicechat patch without party chat in the near future since sometimes you're snipping and see a group of Enimies running to ambush your teammates and you can't tell them anything but watch them get slaughtered in the distance

Ethelwulf

Dear Gaf,
I mainly play online shooters. I bought B4 for my PS4 and it has been everything but fun and engaging. It sucks. Not because of the game per se, but because the online infrastructure. I'm about to drop B4 and buy another shooter. I don't want to go back to COD, I simply refuse to, so I was thinking about KZ:SF. I played K2 multiplayer and enjoyed it a lot. Do you think then that I'll enjoy Shadow Fall? Thx!

Nipo

Dear Gaf,
I mainly play online shooters. I bought B4 for my PS4 and it has been everything but fun and engaging. It sucks. Not because of the game per se, but because the online infrastructure. I'm about to drop B4 and buy another shooter. I don't want to go back to COD, I simply refuse to, so I was thinking about KZ:SF. I played K2 multiplayer and enjoyed it a lot. Do you think then that I'll enjoy Shadow Fall? Thx!

There is going to be a free multiplayer weekend December 27th - 29th if you want to wait and try it out. The game is very different than BF4 or CoD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Multiplayer counts today are a lot higher

Don't know if it's because of the weekend, afternoon, or what...but a good sign.

Counts seem to be steady now. Still not too high but everything seems to be relatively similar in terms of numbers at any time, as opposed to big spikes and lows.

Ilúvatar;93649793 said:

Just played 2 two hours and half of this warzone and it was really great. I was with shitty partners for the most part but it was fun none the less because I could manage to kill lot of ennemies with pistols only.
Thank god for the beacon safeguard mission who allowed me to score at least one point for my team.

It's a great warzone to learn the map and how to play the game and I got 40+ buddy drone kills.
The framerate is top notch too which is nice.

Dear Gaf,

There is going to be a free multiplayer weekend December 27th - 29th if you want to wait and try it out. The game is very different than BF4 or CoD.
Yeah this... The game has a very steep learning curve and the maps aren't as smooth as KZ2 there is also a lot of things locked under grinding that will broaden your gameplay.... So you got to be really commited
You also need teammates you could join in partychat and are also commited to the MP
See if you like the overall gameplay first with this trail

Ethelwulf

Thank you! I'll give it a try thats for sure.

Yeah this... The game has a very steep learning curve and the maps aren't as smooth as KZ2 there is also a lot of things locked under grinding that will broaden your gameplay.... So you got to be really commited
You also need teammates you could join in partychat and are also commited to the MP
See if you like the overall gameplay first with this trail

Thx. Good to know that there are unlockables and that it takes time and patience to unlocked them. Basically thats what I'm looking for.

Mitark

Multiplayer counts today are a lot higher

Don't know if it's because of the weekend, afternoon, or what...but a good sign.

but i hoped for bigger jump since now Europe and maybe the rest of the world got the game

jcI3b74vqbIoI.JPG

for TDM the numbers always around 1000 to 1700,
unfortunately for WarZone or Classic Warzone the count is below 1k, i fear when the people that playing for trophy leave for other games..

i don't know if the lack of In-Game Voice Chat effecting the count.

Shouldn't this game have tens of thousands? Also, looking at the 'rarity' of trophies I found that even the completion forr Chapter 2/3 was quite "rare". KZ:SF is also quite prevalent in 2nd hand markets. These signs point to a poor reception amongst those who had purchased it with their new PS4. Am I wrong?

Dibbz

Shouldn't this game have tens of thousands? Also, looking at the 'rarity' of trophies I found that even the completion forr Chapter 2/3 was quite "rare". KZ:SF is also quite prevalent in 2nd hand markets. These signs point to a poor reception amongst those who had purchased it with their new PS4. Am I wrong?

People that wanted a PS4 had only a few options. Most of them came with KZ or Knack. The amount you see in 2nd hand is not purely down to the quality of the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Every major game gets traded in all the time and this game has a massive attach rate among PS4 games. CoD and BF are eating up all the online FPS players right now. Launching against those two was a bad idea. Hopefully the next KZ is out in spring or summer to keep online populated.

Apeopleman

Anyone reckon that rail machine gun (forgot the real name of it) is too powerful from long range? Is there any weakness in using it?

The purger? Its downside is it is terrible in CQC. It needs to be revved up. Its strength is its power, fire rate, and clip size

torontoml

The purger? Its downside is it is terrible in CQC. It needs to be revved up. Its strength is its power, fire rate, and clip size
Pretty much my main weapon, trigger finger can get tired though keeping it revved up all the time, get kinda worried about wearing out the R2 button.

You also can't crouch or melee when it is equipped which can suck.

I also don't think it's too accurate at distance I would say it just seems like that because of how many rounds it can get off in a short amount of time. If I'm shooting primarily long range I run out of ammo fairly quickly.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anybody getting booted from multiplayer recently??
I got disconnected a few times...despite decent internet speeds

Haven't touched mp yet, is it pretty simple to jump into, I dont want to get handed once I hop in, are the maps open like bf or is it more like cod?

Haven't touched mp yet, is it pretty simple to jump into, I dont want to get handed once I hop in, are the maps open like bf or is it more like cod?
More like COD. What makes them a little easier to grasp is the each faction, ISA and Helghast have their own side of the map where they spawn. What makes them a little deadlier to learn is that the best way to know you've stumbled upon the enemy's main spawn point is when their base's defense turrets turn you into pulp.

If you want to keep things simple, start with Team Deathmatch, but Warzone is where Killzone truly shines. So killing dudes is always good, but deploying spawn points and static defenses and reviving players are the keys to success, which is why you won't even find you K/D ratio in-game.

I'd jump in and be prepared to get your ass handed to you for a bit, at least until you get a handle on the maps and where you're most likely to run into enemy turrets.

Jump into Classic Warzone or 24 Player Warzone, TDM is just gonna frustrate you. Classic and 24 are a mix of game types like CTF or Domination. Some maps are large but not BF large since there's no vehicles. It's a bit more like COD. There's no aim assist so if you're coming from COD be prepared to adjust to that. All guns are unlocked at the start but they are locked to certain classes. Attachments can be unlocked by completing challenges (kill 25 enemies with this gun, headshot 5 enemies, etc).

The Assault class has good rifles, namely the Rumbler, and has a deployable shield to create cover to shoot behind from. The Support class has the most abilities to choose from and their spawn beacon and revive abilities are essential in winning the objectives. The Scout class can cloak but only use the knife while cloaked; they can also do a radar scan and highlight enemies for their team to see.

There's currently no built in voice chat yet, but it's coming soon. But party chat works, and if you join a GAF party I guarantee you will be racking up wins left and right.

Had a few great games over the weekend :D
A few with fellow GAF'ers too :)

Been playing Scout since yesterday, sniping feels very rewarding in this game :D

Am I right in assuming on can only knife kill (once) while being cloaked? No other weapons possible‽ À la KZ3?

Top Bottom