• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

maneil99

Anyone else having awful connection issues all day? I've bad awful bullet (very noticeable) lag today and everyone once in a while a message at the left will say "temporary connection issue"
Also when I load the MP portion of the game the warzone list takes about 20 seconds to load. Just my internet right now?

I played a few games today, noticed some KZ2 esque lag, not sure if it was the server or what.

Yeah, good times all around. Got a lot more notches on ole Betsy too.

Turrets are just too much devious fun.

I've only dabbled in turrets for about 5-10 minutes. Managed to get 2 or 3 brainless kills and believe me when I say that I put them in some stupid spots. Felt dirty.

If I'm to play with the mindset of, "YEAH, TEAMWORK", It's hard for me to opt for anything but Support with spawn beacons. It just gets you in the teamwork zone, yo. Also, the Pulver is magnifique.

Grinchy

Banned
Was playing against a guy today, classic warzone, that was averaging about 60 to 80 kills a game, haven't seen that kinda stat before. Though I myself did get just over 60 in one of those games, still it seemed like a really high average per game.

Was he using the shotgun?

Griss

Still grinding away......loving it all though, cept that damn supply box...

Scout:
• 134/500 - Tactical Echo - Tag 500 enemy players
• 071/400 - Cloak – Kill 400 enemy players while the cloak ability is active
• 002/300 - Stun Drone – Stun 300 enemies
Assault Class:
• 300/300 - Nano Shield – Kill 300 enemy players while shooting through your shield
• 500/500 - Stun Blast - Stun 500 enemy players with the stun blast ability
• 300/300 - Drone Buddy – Get 300 buddy drone kills
Support:
• 142/500 - Revive Drone – Revive 500 teammates with the Revive Drone
• 093/200 - Spawn Beacon – Have 200 teammates spawn on Spawn Beacons you have deployed
• 025/400 - Turret – Kill 400 enemy players with the Turret
• 040/400 - Air Support – Kill 400 enemy players with the Air Support Drone
• 250/250 - Supply Box – Resupply 250 teammates with Supply Boxes that you have deployed

How on earth did you get all those Drone Buddy kills? I can barely get 1 a match if I'm lucky.

On the other hand, I maxed spawn beacon and revive without thinking about it. The amounts needed for each skill seem so out of whack. Especially supply box.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
so how far away from someone should i be for hip firing being ideal for shooting versus ads?

Hip fire effectiveness varies wildly based on the gun. In my experience the Rumbler, Valk, and Sickle can all be decent from hip fire at relatively close ranges, ADS for everything else.

meppi

I wish had gotten to play KZ2 online more. My college couldn't handle the PSN packet data. Only played with bots.

I'm trying to branch out from my usual classes so I can get more challenges but I hate leveling stuff like turrets, cloak, air drones, etc. my tried and true stuff is just more fun but I really want to get deeper into the game to see if I'm missing anything cool.

KZ2 was really great at it's peak. Played it for over 2 years till we got into the KZ3 beta and a lot of the nice little touches were lost.
Hadn't been as disappointed in a game since I bought Ultra Man 7 for the SNES thinking it was the next Mega Man game. lol

After coming to grips with the fact that I didn't want to be an invisible/undetectable sniper or an LMG spammer with that could hit targets accurately from across the map, I switched over to BC2 and followed that series till now. But since 4 is completely broken and not fun at all for me wether I win or lose, I'm glad I could come back to Shadow Fall and find a game that does a lot of things right and is a ton of fun to play in the process.

Tried to unlock some stuff with the sniper class last night and had some great moments.
The best one being a room where 2 purger guys were staying and mowing everything down, along with a 3rd shotgun dude.
Stuck my head in the door, quickly backed out, threw a grenade in there to make sure they didn't come after me, activated a stun drone, put myself in the closest corner to where they were, used the scan beam to locate them exactly and then walked back in the room.

The stun drone stunned two of them while I killed the first purger guy, then shot the second one and sliced the third ones throat. If these are signs of things to come, it will be glorious. :)

Love the feel of the sniper riffle. It's extremely deadly, but also takes a while to get the scope up as well as reload.

I don't think that the air and ground bots are overpowered anymore as I did when I first started playing. Sure, if you run into them you have to be quick or you'll soon die. But their line of sight balances them out, as well as the ability to shoot them down with the under barrel rocket.

Still think the purger is a bit too much though, especially in mid to long range encounters.

Really wish people would vote more for The Factory as in 17 hours time I've only been able to play it once and it's such a great map.

Nipo

I get Divide and Slums a lot. For me Factory is the rarest with Penthouse close behind.

I was wondering this the other day too. Here is my play counts:

The Divide: 69 (almost all in classic warzone I think)
The Spire: 48
The Park: 87
The Station: 51
The Wall: 45 (least favorite map)
The Penthouse: 75
The Factory: 22 [ :( I really like this map and almost never get to play it]
The Forest: 72
The Remains; 45
The Slums: 44

How on earth did you get all those Drone Buddy kills? I can barely get 1 a match if I'm lucky.

On the other hand, I maxed spawn beacon and revive without thinking about it. The amounts needed for each skill seem so out of whack. Especially supply box.

Play the "say hello to my little friend" warzone. I get 20+buddy kills per session and this warzone is the most fun I had with the game. Even with shitty teammates or none at all sometimes (1vs 5 FTW) I have a lot of fun because you stand a chance with handguns only and no grenades.

Oh, man. Decided to mix it up for half an hour and use the Valk/Speed Boost ability... never again. I was utterly useless on all fronts. I'm really going to struggle to change my play style for the sake of unlocks. ARs for life.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh, man. Decided to mix it up for half an hour and use the Valk/Speed Boost ability... never again. I was utterly useless on all fronts. I'm really going to struggle to change my play style for the sake of unlocks. ARs for life.
The combo is amazing for beacon retrival.

meppi

Might be a good idea to save a similar setup like that just for that objective.
You can easily get in a good spot to place a beacon and when you die, quickly switch to "runner" and have a nice advantage.

Had an incredible moment tonight while playing "say hello to my little friend" with Dave.
Pure Killzone 2 bloodgracht madness! :D
While playing capture & connect on the station, both teams had a beacon up on the opposite side of C within 20 meters of each other.
Shooting and punching like a madman and instantly re spawning when being shot dead.
No one was able to get past C. Lol

Really wish the capture tool wasn't so temperamental as I would have loved to post that battle.

Soften people up with pistol shots for Drone Buddy kills. Sneak up from behind too.

Supply box is easy. Just find a friend who will sit on it for a few rounds.

Why are people saying the Valk is good? I was talking about this on party chat yesterday (about how the Scout needs an SMG) and everyone was saying the Vlug is the better SMG. Looking at the in-games stats (I dunno how accurate they really are), the Vlug is slightly better with a faster fire rate and bigger magazine I think it was those categories, I'm on my phone now, so I can't confirm. Thoughts on this?

Why are people saying the Valk is good? I was talking about this on party chat yesterday (about how the Scout needs an SMG) and everyone was saying the Vlug is the better SMG. Looking at the in-games stats (I dunno how accurate they really are), the Vlug is slightly better with a faster fire rate and bigger magazine I think it was those categories, I'm on my phone now, so I can't confirm. Thoughts on this?

I'd rather the scout get that cool machine pistol from KZ3.

IMO, the KZ2 Scout was perfect. Invisible sniping, but with a real back-and-forth action between enemy scouts using the scan and tag ability. Also, maps were designed in a way where a Scout could overlook objectives in a meaningful way (or just snipe down fools at distances). I don't get that with Shadow Fall.

They are okay in Shadow Fall... I find that their CQC friendliness makes them a bit redundant, outside of being able to scan and tag their enemies. I hope future maps make long-distance sniping more valuable, though it could come at the cost of reducing teamwork.

...Perhaps bring back the KZ2-styled scanning ability as a new ability? That way, CQC Scout classes and Long range Snipers are both valuable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Vlug is fucking worthless. It can't hit shit.

Its really hard trying to split my time between all these MP FPS I have for PS4.

This, CoD and BF4 make it hard to find time for each game.

Nipo

I unlocked every weapon attachment now :) The sniper unlocks are some of the harderst i think.

I can't figure out what they were thinking with some of them. 5 headshots with the LS70? Why the hell would I try for headshots on a gun that is a one shot kill anywhere on the body. Same with the M6 if i can hit them in the chest and get a one shot kill why bother aiming for the head?

Dibbz

I can't figure out what they were thinking with some of them. 5 headshots with the LS70? Why the hell would I try for headshots on a gun that is a one shot kill anywhere on the body. Same with the M6 if i can hit them in the chest and get a one shot kill why bother aiming for the head?

Yup both those challenges were a pain, but I suppose out of all the unlocks those were actually a "challenge".

Assault class abilities are going to take me a while to level up. Jack of all trades trophy is going to be a grind but I'm up for it. Love a target to aim for in online games.

meppi

Just tried out the share feature for the first time since I never got it to work the way it should before.

BTW if you are getting seemingly random videos when pressing the share button as you just had a moment or game you'd like to share, be sure to never go out of the game.
This means not checking your friends list, online list or even using the home button at all.
Any of these actions will reset the recording and makes it seem screwy.

The video is nothing special, but a nice round nonetheless: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1386718588244811&l=1360321973124492231

Don't really do TDM, but I saw Reckless Onion playing Warzone so I joined, after what seemed like forever, I finally was able to join on his team and he was in TDM.
Tried to level up the buddy drone a bit.

After that he left and I went back to classic Warzone where I was put on the worst team I have come across in thing game so far.
One guy did nothing but try to snipe from our base camp even though he couldn't see any objectives. And the support players never revived anyone or set up spawn beacons except for in out own base camp. :-/

Not surprisingly we lost 2 games in a row and the scoreboard was taken over by nearly the whole enemy team.

iOE47wRPe5fXB.jpg

Oh well, a quick server change and things were back to normal with actual fun games. ;)

BTW if you are getting seemingly random videos when pressing the share button as you just had a moment or game you'd like to share, be sure to never go out of the game.
This means not checking your friends list, online list or even using the home button at all.

Yep. Discovered this first-hand the other night and lost some very cool footage :(.

_Isaac

Wow that sucks. I do that a whole lot especially if I'm in a party.

INCUBA3E

Banned
So I decided to give bf4 a rest. And give kz ago. As a long time kz2 mp fan. I was alittle disappointed with kzsf. But loving it now

But I need some decent team mates that ptfo.

A nice trick that learnt that no one seems to do os put nano shields infront of turrets

Anyway need sone friends sinve im lone wolf all the time. Up for party chat too. Be warned I can get ragey lol

Psn is my neogaf name

Hit me up (please)

I fell in love with the punt (sp?) yesterday.
fully loaded it takes out a shield from a decent distance and oblitterates multiple enemies if you're lucky.

Gonna try and be online tomorrow (uh... today) between 7pm and 10pm PST.

Jaeger_Dice

If any of you guys I played with over the weekend are online and want to get another party going, let's do it. Just shoot me an invite or chat request if/when you see me online.

Anybody else, feel free to add me, just let me know you're from GAF. I'm on the west coast (obviously) in case proximity matters to you.

mandiller

I went to go play some of this after a few days break and the most popular game type had 44 people playing online. Lol, no.

Couldn't find a game either.

samman6

Just got this game, and wow the MP is fun, I love the different classes and how they each offer something unique without being OP. Support with Pulver has been my go to so far. You can really get into some fun back and forth battles with a wall of nano shields some turrets and a spawn beacon behind that. Only map I hate so far has been the subway one, seems to easy to get trapped near the basecamp. If any EU players want to join up I play most nights at around 8-11 CET. id is SOBOSLDR

Gave it another go last night and had way more fun then last time. Not to much spawncamping/drones. Hopefully they address that stuff. Also coming from bf4 the framerate is pretty shitty.

How can you counter these cloaked dudes? I was trying to soundwhore but that seems like it doesn't work at all.

Definitely putting some more time in it tonight.

Gave it another go last night and had way more fun then last time. Not to much spawncamping/drones. Hopefully they address that stuff. Also coming from bf4 the framerate is pretty shitty.

How can you counter these cloaked dudes? I was trying to soundwhore but that seems like it doesn't work at all.

Definitely putting some more time in it tonight.

If a Scout is cloaked, you can see a slight shimmer/distortion; many other games have a similar effect. It seems Buddy Drones will aim at fire at them, not sure about Air Drones or Turrets. And the Tactical Echo ability can tag them so you can see them.

If a Scout is cloaked, you can see a slight shimmer/distortion; many other games have a similar effect. It seems Buddy Drones will aim at fire at them, not sure about Air Drones or Turrets. And the Tactical Echo ability can tag them so you can see them.
Thanks I'll check it out tonight. And what about footsteps? Can you hear them at all?

Thanks I'll check it out tonight. And what about footsteps? Can you hear them at all?

You can hear the footsteps of anyone who runs, especially if you are using headphones. But with all the explosions and gunfirein hectic situations, sometimes you might miss it. I'm fairly sure the Cloak is only visual and doesn't cancel out footstep sounds.

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn, i got a killstreak of 23 today, with pistol and buddy drone only (i played that mode called "Sidearms & Explosives" or something). Then a Cloak Sniper hit me, lol :( I saw him 1 second too late, because i got two hits on him while moving away from him, but i was too close to him. I'd probably never be able to get that high killstreak again.

I guess it is just to have some challenges to work against, and to make it more challenging :)

Top Bottom