• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Had a few great games over the weekend :D
A few with fellow GAF'ers too :)

Been playing Scout since yesterday, sniping feels very rewarding in this game :D

Am I right in assuming on can only knife kill (once) while being cloaked? No other weapons possible‽ À la KZ3?

Yup, only the knife is available when you are cloaked. And I swear, the melee range feels much shorter when you are cloaked.

bLaiSe

It's pretty disappointing that I only get a steady 60 FPS in limited player count games...
There are some serious FPS dips in 24 player game modes.

Urgh this is going to take a while longer.

Scout:
• 378/500 - Tactical Echo - Tag 500 enemy players
• 091/400 - Cloak – Kill 400 enemy players while the cloak ability is active
• 010/300 - Stun Drone – Stun 300 enemies
Assault Class:
• 002/300 - Nano Shield – Kill 300 enemy players while shooting through your shield
• 000/500 - Stun Blast - Stun 500 enemy players with the stun blast ability
• 000/300 - Drone Buddy – Get 300 buddy drone kills
Support:
• 206/500 - Revive Drone – Revive 500 teammates with the Revive Drone
• 200/200 - Spawn Beacon – Have 200 teammates spawn on Spawn Beacons you have deployed
• 180/400 - Turret – Kill 400 enemy players with the Turret
• 025/400 - Air Support – Kill 400 enemy players with the Air Support Drone
• 000/250 - Supply Box – Resupply 250 teammates with Supply Boxes that you have deployed

Spawn beacon was soooo fast in comparison to the rest...

Chris_C

Got into some classic warzone matches and had a good time last night, really prefer the smaller team sizes. Seemed like no one was chatting at all online though, I actually haven't ever heard a single person chat on KZ mp, which seems odd to me. It could be simply because I've got NAT Type 3, but I thought that only restricted outgoing comms?

Got into some classic warzone matches and had a good time last night, really prefer the smaller team sizes. Seemed like no one was chatting at all online though, I actually haven't ever heard a single person chat on KZ mp, which seems odd to me. It could be simply because I've got NAT Type 3, but I thought that only restricted outgoing comms?

There is no voice chat. It will be patched in this month (hopefully)

I think 24 vs 14 is really map dependant and a mixed bag, there are maps on which 14 is just too little, but on the small maps 24 is just too much...

Grinchy

Banned
This game is so annoying to play by yourself sometimes (without a party). I was just on a team in 7v7 Warzone where 3 of my teammates were using the Fors and never got further than 10 feet from the spawn. They just spawned, ran 10 feet, stayed still and waited for the chance at a kill, died, respawned, repeat process. I don't even know how that can be fun for 20+ minutes straight.

Chris_C

I think 24 vs 14 is really map dependant and a mixed bag, there are maps on which 14 is just too little, but on the small maps 24 is just too much...

This is incredible.

Also, kinda funny cus it means I spent half an hour last night yelling heads up warnings into the mic at folks who couldn't hear me.

Grinchy

Banned
This is incredible.

Also, kinda funny cus it means I spent half an hour last night yelling heads up warnings into the mic at folks who couldn't hear me.

hahaha I think we all had the same shock when we found out. If I didn't immediately play with other people in a party, I would have been doing the same thing.

AFAIK the next patch will bring voice chat, but don't quote me on that

Apeopleman

This game is so annoying to play by yourself sometimes (without a party). I was just on a team in 7v7 Warzone where 3 of my teammates were using the Fors and never got further than 10 feet from the spawn. They just spawned, ran 10 feet, stayed still and waited for the chance at a kill, died, respawned, repeat process. I don't even know how that can be fun for 20+ minutes straight.

I feel your pain. Since there is no chat, it is very frustrating.

But I do have to say, that is pretty damn funny. You KNOW they are from CoD when they stand still waiting to snipe someone.

http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2013-12-13_killzone-shadow-fall-weekend-roundup.html

Ready for a frag-filled weekend full of Shadow Fall? In this weekend roundup we’ve got a new Player of the Week, a new patch, a call for questions for an upcoming Q&A with Steven ter Heide, a rodeo, and a clown with sharing issues. It’s… complicated.
Player of the Week
This week's player of the week literally brought a knife to a gunfight. While this tactic is usually a sure-fire way to get your ass whooped, techedink had quite a little streak going, racking up an impressive 60 melee kills out of a total of 61 in the match! For this amazing spree, which ended in a quadruple melee that took down an entire squad, we honor him as our player of the week. Also, we're bringing bigger guns next time. And more of them.

Drone Rodeo
Trust the folks at NeoGAF to come up with a game type completely outside of the box. Introducing Drone Rodeo - the objective is to activate your Air Support Drone, then jump on top of it and stay on for as long as possible. It's a lot easier said than done, as you can see in this video.

Patch v1.06 Released
This week saw the release of patch v1.06, which fixes several issues related to memory consumption and physics bugs. Those of you hoping for new game features will be happy to know that there are several included with patch 1.07, which is currently being tested. Speaking of which...

Submit Your Questions for the Upcoming Steven ter Heide Q&A!
We're stoked to announce another Q&A session with Killzone Shadow Fall Game Director Steven ter Heide! Steven will be talking about the upcoming v1.07 patch and take questions from the audience as well. We will be broadcasting the session on Wednesday, December 18th 17.00CET (11:00EST / 08:00PST) via our TwitchTV Channel, so post your questions in this topic or send us your questions on Twitter using the #killzoneQA hashtag!

Sharing Is Caring
There’s a reason for that share button on the new DualShock4 controller, as Sweet Tooth finds out in this hilarious Killzone Shadow Fall commercial by the Robot Chicken team:

That’s all for this installment of the Weekend Roundup. Have fun in Killzone Shadow Fall, and remember to tune into our Q&A broadcast on Wednesday!

New game features in v1.07? Might be in game chat or party/invite system. The article confirms nothing, but the new patch will be discussed in the Q&A session on Wednesday. I have a good feeling about this...

Anyone playing the multiplayer please add me. I'm fed up being on my death bed yards from some mouth breather who finds pressing left on the D-Pad to be excessively complicated for their depleted neurons.

PSN: PhantomBear

johntown

Banned
I have been having decent luck with randoms lately. Only thing I don't like is how it switches players who are not in a party.

All of the sudden I will be with a great team that is winning then I find myself switched to the losing team on the next map.

Rage quit out if few of those.

torontoml

I have been having decent luck with randoms lately. Only thing I don't like is how it switches players who are not in a party.

All of the sudden I will be with a great team that is winning then I find myself switched to the losing team on the next map.

I find that the opposite happens to me a lot. I will be on the losing team but still place in the top 3 for the match, and it will switch me to the better team. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

X-Frame

I'm debating if it is even worth leveling up the Scout's Cloak ability. If anything, it is only useful for moving beacons or planting/diffusing/capturing territories while invisible.

I'm only at Level 3 and I don't think it is even worth going much higher.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think 18 would be the sweet spot for this game.

http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2013-12-13_killzone-shadow-fall-weekend-roundup.html

New game features in v1.07? Might be in game chat or party/invite system. The article confirms nothing, but the new patch will be discussed in the Q&A session on Wednesday. I have a good feeling about this...

They said voice chat was coming this month and I expect them to want to get it out before Christmas since so many people will be playing it for the first time then. I expect 1.07 next week and it'll probably be a huge patch.

Kaswa101

So it turns out that I suck at this MP lol, but it's still a load of fun. Just started, so I have a few dumb questions if anyone's willing to answer:

-How do you revive other players, or which Loadout type is required?
-Spawn beacons? Again, which Loadout type?
-Is there any way to edit Loaouts between matches (as in, after voting)?
-Tips? I'm trying for a stealth/range playstyle, but I always enjoy being able to revive team mates and act as support.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So it turns out that I suck at this MP lol, but it's still a load of fun. Just started, so I have a few dumb questions if anyone's willing to answer:

-Tips? I'm trying for a stealth/range playstyle, but I always enjoy being able to revive team mates and act as support.

Support has both Revive and Spawn Beacons. Revive is the main ability so you can't switch it out, Spawn is a secondary so you have to select it for your loadout.

Can't switch loadouts while it's loading but there's a period after a game starts before anyone is allowed to spawn that you can customize stuff.

If you want long range/stealth, Scout is the way to go. Silenced rifles and cloak.

test_account

XP-39C²

Support class can revive. Press the left d-pad button while aiming at the person who needs to be revived.

Unfortunately not, but you can edit while being in-game. After you die, or before you spawn for the first time, press R1.

You can be support and use the Pulver assault rifle. It has decent range.

EDIT: Already answered.

meppi

Also one thing that I think needs to be said to new players.

When putting down spawn beacons, don't just throw them down in a corner since people will spawn with their face to the wall.
People spawn in the direction your beacon is facing, so if you want to place it in a corner, stand in the corner yourself, face the direction you want them to look when spawning and then place it.

Kaswa101

Support has both Revive and Spawn Beacons. Revive is the main ability so you can't switch it out, Spawn is a secondary so you have to select it for your loadout.

Can't switch loadouts while it's loading but there's a period after a game starts before anyone is allowed to spawn that you can customize stuff.

If you want long range/stealth, Scout is the way to go. Silenced rifles and cloak.

Cool, thanks for the answers guys. Gonna give Scout and Support a go next time I play. :) Pulver sounds like a good option too. Need to experiment a little to get better. Highest kill streak so far was only 6 lol. :D

It'd be fun to party up with some fellow GAF members. Invite me at Kaswa101, or leave your PSN ID if you're interested in playing. Keep in mind I'm a noob though. :p

X-Frame

Also one thing that I think needs to be said to new players.

When putting down spawn beacons, don't just throw them down in a corner since people will spawn with their face to the wall.
People spawn in the direction your beacon is facing, so if you want to place it in a corner, stand in the corner yourself, face the direction you want them to look when spawning and then place it.

I wish there was some sort of indication of this when placing the spawns. Even after a year in KZ2, people still didn't realize that you had to turn around when placing the spawns, as they'd spawn the opposite direction of you.

There is in-game help when placing ground turrets, why couldn't there be a couple arrows or something when placing the spawn beacon?

Nipo

I wish there was some sort of indication of this when placing the spawns. Even after a year in KZ2, people still didn't realize that you had to turn around when placing the spawns, as they'd spawn the opposite direction of you.

There is in-game help when placing ground turrets, why couldn't there be a couple arrows or something when placing the spawn beacon?

Or just make it so the spawn beacon faces the person spawning in the opposite direction it is placed like most people assume to be the case anyway.

meppi

You guys should make sure you add meppi. Dude's awesome at the game.

Nah, I'm just getting started.
Anything you see is just the remaining muscle memory I have over from KZ2 multiplayer from a couple of years back. ;)

Having tons of fun with the game though.
Just unlocked the taser attachment for one of the sniper weapons. Fun to use.

Anything you see is just the remaining muscle memory I have over from KZ2 multiplayer from a couple of years back. ;)

Man, I didn't play with you last night, did I? Either you or someone with a very similar name. They were some great games we had; or didn't have...

meppi

Man, I didn't play with you last night, did I? Either you or someone with a very similar name. They were some great games we had; or didn't have...

Yeah that was me. :)

Btw great games just now. They really have little chance once we get a party of 5 started. ;)
Too bad I really need to take a break as I have a migraine from playing a bit too long.

meppi

I hear your waffles are good ;p

I sent you a friend request, by the way.

Well there are a few perks I guess.
Waffles are indeed very good, but I prefer our fries as well as chocolate. ;)
The beer seems to be great as well, but I don't drink so...

On the other hand, Australia has Kangaroos or Wallabies as well as Ben, Eric and Elliot from Mysterious Universe, so they win by default. ;)

Turned my system off for tonight, but I'll add you as soon as I can tomorrow. :)

Well there are a few perks I guess.
Waffles are indeed very good, but I prefer our fries as well as chocolate. ;)
The beer seems to be great as well, but I don't drink so...

On the other hand, Australia has Kangaroos or Wallabies as well as Ben, Eric and Elliot from Mysterious Universe, so they win by default. ;)

Turned my system off for tonight, but I'll add you as soon as I can tomorrow. :)

90% of Australia's fauna is deadly to humans, though. Those giant spiders...

Anyways, I get home from work in 8 hours. If anyone wants to party up, I'll be online then!

Kaji

Still grinding away......loving it all though, cept that damn supply box...

Scout:
• 134/500 - Tactical Echo - Tag 500 enemy players
• 071/400 - Cloak – Kill 400 enemy players while the cloak ability is active
• 002/300 - Stun Drone – Stun 300 enemies
Assault Class:
• 300/300 - Nano Shield – Kill 300 enemy players while shooting through your shield
• 500/500 - Stun Blast - Stun 500 enemy players with the stun blast ability
• 300/300 - Drone Buddy – Get 300 buddy drone kills
Support:
• 142/500 - Revive Drone – Revive 500 teammates with the Revive Drone
• 093/200 - Spawn Beacon – Have 200 teammates spawn on Spawn Beacons you have deployed
• 025/400 - Turret – Kill 400 enemy players with the Turret
• 040/400 - Air Support – Kill 400 enemy players with the Air Support Drone
• 250/250 - Supply Box – Resupply 250 teammates with Supply Boxes that you have deployed

FroJay

Banned

Some dbag sent me a nasty message last night on PSN for supposedly not reviving people. The key is to know when to revive people. I'm not going to revive someone if their still in the line of fire about to get smoked again. I make sure the area is clear enough where the revive doesn't go to waste first, otherwise it's instadead again anyway. I blocked the dude that sent me the message, just some random with a bad attitude. All I know is that since I switched to support class that my win/loss ratio has gone over 1.0 which is nice. My k/d is well under 1.0 but my team is winning more than losing and I'm playing as a random. Really digging the mulitplayer TDM in this game. A nice change from COD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I wish had gotten to play KZ2 online more. My college couldn't handle the PSN packet data. Only played with bots.

I'm trying to branch out from my usual classes so I can get more challenges but I hate leveling stuff like turrets, cloak, air drones, etc. my tried and true stuff is just more fun but I really want to get deeper into the game to see if I'm missing anything cool.

Hey fellow Helghans and Vektans,

I've been loving SF multiplayer, just thought Id drop my PSN to see if anyone wanted to add me so we can go Killzoneing (I'm not sure if that's correct) together.

PSN: kingdoug87

I pretty much just play 24 Warzone as Support just trying to win as many games as possible.

Sadly no, I live in Belgium which isn't all that nice if I can be honest. Wish I live in Australia though. ;)

All good, man. Yeah, Australia is a great place; like anywhere, though, you end up taking it for granted most of the time.

I guess the upside is that our connections half way across the world were holding up pretty damn well!

And yes, your beer is off the hook. Delirium Tremens all day, errrrrrrrrrrrday.

PSN: kingdoug87

Played with you last night, bro! Think we may have been in the top 3 together at some point. Will give you an add.

johntown

Banned
Yeah I remember your user name, fellow Aussie too, just basking in this heat :( see you on the field.
I could have sworn I played against you a few minutes ago too.

I think you were on the opposing team and I snapped your neck at the end. Lol

I am on just about every night usually playing with other GAF people.

I could have sworn I played against you a few minutes ago too.

I think you were on the opposing team and I snapped your neck at the end. Lol

I am on just about every night usually playing with other GAF people.

Yeah I just stopped playing for a bit, gonna hop back on in an hour or so. Could have been me, Just got our ass kicked on the Station. feel free to add me.

johntown

Banned
Yeah I just stopped playing for a bit, gonna hop back on in an hour or so. Could have been me, Just got our ass kicked on the Station. feel free to add me.
Yeah it was the station. I only remember because you were the top player on your team and I was top for ours.

I added you and I might be on for a little bit more tonight.

Great games tonight, guys! The rage message I got proves we were doing something right.
Yeah, good times all around. Got a lot more notches on ole Betsy too.

Turrets are just too much devious fun.

Great games tonight, guys! The rage message I got proves we were doing something right.
Can you even lag switch or whatever the rage message was accusing us of with KZ's hybrid dedicated network traffic forwarding whatever-the-hell-they're-doing servers?

torontoml

Was playing against a guy today, classic warzone, that was averaging about 60 to 80 kills a game, haven't seen that kinda stat before. Though I myself did get just over 60 in one of those games, still it seemed like a really high average per game.

Robot Pants

Anyone else having awful connection issues all day? I've bad awful bullet (very noticeable) lag today and everyone once in a while a message at the left will say "temporary connection issue"
Also when I load the MP portion of the game the warzone list takes about 20 seconds to load. Just my internet right now?

johntown

Banned
Yeah, good times all around. Got a lot more notches on ole Betsy too.

Turrets are just too much devious fun.

Can you even lag switch or whatever the rage message was accusing us of with KZ's hybrid dedicated network traffic forwarding whatever-the-hell-they're-doing servers?
Yes you can buy them and use them.

I saw them used in KZ 3 to win spawn points.

Top Bottom