• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Mitark

finally got the weapons trophy, only maxing all abilities left for the online trophies so i can get back to the story since i stopped right after chapter 6.

js6018pUkitOL.jpg

this is how i look like when I'm so close to kill someone with my Drone Buddy but i die before that:

emeLuj1.gif

and this is how i look like when my Drone Buddy kill someone:

L3FlN0n.gif

johntown

Banned
I haven't been in here for a while but I've been adding all the GAFers that send me requests. If you enjoy playing "clan" matches, so to speak, hit me up. Made a PSN message with about 30 folks who make up the "competitive" foundation for Killzone. We do pick up scrims pretty often and there are about 3-4 definitive teams. So if that's your fancy, just add me and I'll put you on the list.

Also, I'd like to get some feedback on this ruleset. It's one that has been passed around during private clan matches and it was submitted to GG for an "official" competitive warzone. I'd appreciate any input y'all could provide on the ruleset.

Players:
5v5

Maps:
The Divide
The Station
The Park
The Penthouse
The Factory
The Remains
The Slums

Mode: Warzone - Random Rotation of Modes
Beacon Safeguard - standard time
Beacon Theft
7 minutes
Beacon Limit - 3
Attack & Defend
5 minutes
Sabotage Limit - 2
Capture & Move
5 minutes
Point Limit - 1000
Capture & Hold
7 minutes
Point Limit - 1000

Basic Info:
All Classes
Lives - Unlimited
Auto Forfeit - ON
Friendly Fire - ON
Spawn Timer - 7s
Spawn Waves - OFF
Healthy Regen - Normal
Shields - OFF
Buddy Drones - OFF
Air Support Drones - OFF
Turret Drones - OFF
Assault Class Grenade Launchers - OFF
Mobile Mine - OFF
Close Combat - Standard Melee Only
Radar - OFF
I sent you a friend request. I setup a scrim with some Gaffers and some of the top KZ clans. I am sure they are down for more good fights. Looking at your profile right now I see you just made friends with some pretty good players.

test_account

XP-39C²
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. +1
:)

The warzones are criminally short, only 4 modes in that main ones???

Shit KZ2 had 7

I need the next game to bring back full warzones and all the classes
What i dont quite understand is why there are some challenges that are not present in the official Warzones. Like 'Capture And Move', and 'Beacon Protector' or something (this one is in a featured Warzone called "Say Hello To My Little Friend" though, but its on the Penthouse map only, so you cant get the challenges on other maps). I guess maybe they anticipated that more custom Warzones would be made and featured, but i hope that they include these modes in the official Warzones too.

EDIT: I also wouldnt mind if they increased the modes to 5 or 7. This way its a less chance to get draw.

meppi

I tend to switch out to Spawns when I notice we ain't got one, but first chance to switch to turrets I do that and will switch back to spawns if I need to down the line.

I'd be spawns all the time but I gotta level up dem abilities, you know :p

I honestly don't mind having to be the spawn beacon guy, but I really want to upgrade my other abilities and unlock all the things that I might need depending on the situation, objective and nature of the enemy team.

So yeah, it gets tiresome when even when I refuse to switch just to see if someone else will do something useful for a change, it ends up no one does for the duration of the game.

These kind of people make me quit out of a lot of matches. No way I'm going to waste 20-30 minutes with idiot teammates.

Tried that since it really impacts my enjoyment of the game, but I was put into this kind of team 3 times in a row so I ended up calling it a night.
We won 2 out of the 3 games, but still. Was not much fun.

There's always a wannabe sniper in the back of our base thinking he can play the bushwookie on top of a mountain and get 2 kills in 30 minutes like in BF.
And then you have the people who just refuse to play for any objective and pretend every mode is team death match.
I thought that the separate TDM mode would fix this problem, but I should have known better.

It really shouldn't be the case that if I have just armed the remaining bomb and we have 5 people "protecting it", that when I die, and even before I can respawn I hear "the enemy had defused the objective"...
It's like they think "holy shit, that guy is dead! We don't stand a chance: RUN! RUUUUUUUUN!" :p

test_account

XP-39C²
Speaking of planting bombs, i wish that more team mates would take more chances. Just rush in there and hope for the best when trying to arm the bomb. It seems that not everyone knows that several of people can arm the bomb at the same time, and this also arms the bomb faster. So annoying when you arm alone and get like 95% armed, then die, and team mates could have helped you armed.

Dibbz

It really shouldn't be the case that if I have just armed the remaining bomb and we have 5 people "protecting it", that when I die, and even before I can respawn I hear "the enemy had defused the objective"...
It's like they think "holy shit, that guy is dead! We don't stand a chance: RUN! RUUUUUUUUN!" :p

lol tell me about it. I've also armed the bomb when I spawned at base, ran the whole way, whilst team mates that have been wandering around right next to the objective doing nothing. You could argue they were covering me but trust me, play KZ and you know the scrubs you find in public do not understand the concept of covering, or team work lol.

To be fair I've met some good players as well so it's not all doom and gloom.

I play Revive & Spawn Beacon guy most of the time, and I have gotten really good at choosing where to place the beacon. I've already maxed out both those abilities. My next most played setup is Turret or Air Drone guy.

Whenever I play with randoms, maybe 2/3 of the time, I'm the only one placing Spawn Beacons, so I don't have much of an opportunity to switch classes. With GAFfers, the team usually has at least three beacons up at any given time <3

I'm branching out to other classes now, but not really digging Assault that much. Its rifles and Stun Blast are amazing, and the shield is useful, but I'm just not feeling it. And I like the Scout's Tactical Echo, but that's a close range ability and I tend to use the Kameraad at mid-long range. If the Scout had the Valk, I'd use that class more.

Dibbz

I play Revive & Spawn Beacon guy most of the time, and I have gotten really good at choosing where to place the beacon. I've already maxed out both those abilities. My next most played setup is Turret or Air Drone guy.

Whenever I play with randoms, maybe 2/3 of the time, I'm the only one placing Spawn Beacons, so I don't have much of an opportunity to switch classes. With GAFfers, the team usually has at least three beacons up at any given time <3

I'm branching out to other classes now, but not really digging Assault that much. Its rifles and Stun Blast are amazing, and the shield is useful, but I'm just not feeling it. And I like the Scout's Tactical Echo, but that's a close range ability and I tend to use the Kameraad at mid-long range. If the Scout had the Valk, I'd use that class more.

For Scout, Teleport is a must because the guns are weak in CQC. Tag enemies for your team mates and first sign of trouble use teleport. Rinse repeat for points and helping your team mates know where enemies are.

For Scout, Teleport is a must because the guns are weak in CQC. Tag enemies for your team mates and first sign of trouble use teleport. Rinse repeat for points and helping your team mates know where enemies are.

I totally forgot about Teleport, usually use Stun Drone. Will try it out next time!

8byte

Banned
The geometry in this game is a joke sometimes. Missiles and other projectile explosives will explode / bounce off walls, often making them go where you don't want, or killing you...just really random. Not a fan.

meppi

That's true. The majority of games I played since getting the game have been very good.
It's just that tonight was exceptionally bad overall.
Didn't help that I was having a bad day myself so when you feel you are playing very very bad and yet you end up on top of the list, I can't help but shake my head.

It's also true that some people just seem so afraid to die in this game.
I don't know, it might just be me, but I tend to rush in head first and go for the objective even if that means having a K/D of 24/100. Well unless that's during TDM of course. ;)

I always played this way in KZ2 as well, spawning, quickly think about the situation and which routes the enemies are blocking or where they are placed and run like a madman to outthink and outgun them. Even if that means that I'll die a dozen times, as long as I can get their attention away from an objective and by doing so have someone else on our team an opportunity to get it.

The placing of a bomb above is a good example. Most indeed don't seem to know that you can plant/defuse it with more than one at a time. But even then, if the situation calls for it I always try to block the path between the planter/defuser and the enemy who will be shooting at him. Again, without even caring if I die.

Been getting a lot of negative comments over the past few years from certain people in the BF community because I play way to aggressive and should be playing more defence than anything for instance.
Not that I care enough to change my play style. ;)
Like I said, I've been doing it like that since KZ2 and love to be in the chaos, and 9/10 it really does pay off.

I wish Guerilla would do a full-on BF KZ level game with 64 players.

Would be interesting for a change of pace.
Don't think that would work at all I'm afraid. Heck, it doesn't even work in BF4. ;)
I feel like their maps are only good to be played with 32 to maybe 46 people. But 64 is mostly a clusterfuck where you either get shot at from 5 different positions at once, or maps where you have 2 choke points where 32 people are always battling it out and spamming everything through a corridor.

The geometry in this game is a joke sometimes. Missiles and other projectile explosives will explode / bounce off walls, often making them go where you don't want, or killing you...just really random. Not a fan.
Sadly, this is one thing that has been annoying me quite a bit.
The grenades are one thing, although having an idiot teammate come and stand right in front of you at the moment you are throwing a grenade and this bouncing it off his head even though you were aiming it high enough not to hit him sure if frustrating.

But the grenade launcher attachment is something entirely else and 10 times worse.
The thing just doesn't shoot where you are aiming, no matter what measure you use. And forget about shooting through windows or relatively large openings as you are bound to blow your own head off. :-/

Mitark

i used to blame people for not using spawn beacon but god look at the requirement to level up the spawn beacon compered to Air Drone or Turret, also they need to level their other ability,
when you have something like 400 kill with Air Drone or Turret and you are lucky to get 1 or 2 kill per match then you will keep using that for long time.

and why GG made spawn beacon max with only 200 ? compered to other ability like stun blast or revive that need 500... I would make it at least 1000 to max it :D

i know this will make no different since it's fast to level it.

but you could add something like this "you need to kill 75 enemy while your spawn beacon is up" or "Capture 100 areas during capture or connect missions while your spawn beacon is up" to encourage people to use them rather than just 200 people need to pop from your beacon.

leng jai

Yeah I've killed myself with grenades a few times because of this shit.

Kinda depressing how those bronze multiplayer trophies are "ultra rare".

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So what came of this? I thought they were doing a Q&A session today and answering questions about v1.07?

It got delayed because Steven needed to work on the patch. I think they're probably working hard to get it out this week since it's the free weekend and lots of people will be getting the game for Christmas.

It got delayed because Steven needed to work on the patch. I think they're probably working hard to get it out this week since it's the free weekend and lots of people will be getting the game for Christmas.

what will this future patch do?
Edit: Never mind we all don't know... hope it has ingame chat

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
what will this future patch do?
Edit: Never mind we all don't know... hope it has ingame chat

They said that in game chat was coming in December and have said this is going to be a pretty massive patch so I think it's almost guaranteed. I'm also hoping for some framerate improvements in MP and hopefully a blur reduction but that may be asking too much.

They said that in game chat was coming in December and have said this is going to be a pretty massive patch so I think it's almost guaranteed. I'm also hoping for some framerate improvements in MP and hopefully a blur reduction but that may be asking too much.
Not sure which patch but I know they hinted at having ingame chat patched in this month. If it happens I'll have a reason to play some classic warzone.

thanks man I really hope so

for me I just wan't in future patches motion blur decrease... frame-rate stability, minor pop-in fix (I see it in the slums map), and in game chat

oh and a fix with character model animation judder

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
thanks man I really hope so

for me I just wan't in future patches motion blur decrease... frame-rate stability, minor pop-in fix (I see it in the slums map), and in game chat

oh and a fix with character model animation judder

100% agree, especially with frame rate stability. I honestly don't have an issue with the game not being 60fps, it's the constant fluctuations in 24 player matches that give me serious headaches.

The pistol is also a one shot kill. between that and melee you have two quick kills if you get caught tagging an they are nearby.

Can you fire the Punt without having to charge it? I think I tried to do that once but nothing happened. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Hopefully this doesnt mean the patch is getting delayed.

I think it was more that he just couldn't leave the office for the Q&A.

I hope it's the latter. Voice chat will make games so much better. The GAF party had a good random on our team yesterday, and it would have been nice if we could have talked with him.

Also, does anyone else want more Spotlight Moves? They're kind of silly, but it's nice seeing something while voting for the next map. I'd love to see "pie in the face" or a MK-style Friendship move. And does anyone have a favorite? I see many "stab the hand with a knife," but I like "face in the dirt" (because it comes with the season pass and GAF parties always use it) and "kick in the nuts."

Nope it need charging, so it isn't a very fast kill for those crutial reflex moments, but once it's charged it's a beast!

I thought so. I like to have balance between primary and secondary. Pairing the Punt with the Spoor is terrible because they both have a slow ROF. The Kameraad is a better match, but they both would lose out in CQC to Assaults and Supports, unless you catch them from behind.

This game needs auto-balance or something. Played some matches tonight and half of them were like 9 on 1 for the whole match. Other than that, this is my favourite KZ multi player game. Just wish more people would play it. 1k most of the time :/

Mitark

This game needs auto-balance or something. Played some matches tonight and half of them were like 9 on 1 for the whole match. Other than that, this is my favourite KZ multi player game. Just wish more people would play it. 1k most of the time :/

there's auto-balance

But the problem if the 9 all friends, in KZSF if you join friend match you will join his team regardless the count of the other team.

Ok that must be why. Had some great games today. I think the team I was playing against were in party chat because they were very good - we couldn't even get passed spawn.......until I came along with my spawn beacon! :)

Anyway I hope PSN goes up soon because it's currently down for me and others.

Grinchy

Banned
man i miss Saboteur Class :'(

I don't miss it at all. I don't mind spies in Team Fortress but I just don't like the mechanic in any other FPS games so far. There's too much craziness going on to sit there and look intently at your teammates to make sure they aren't spies.

MADGAME

What is the timing here? Is there temporary spawn invulnerability or what? I tend to lose engagements with fresh spawns / revives unless I'm behind them.

I notice when I spawn at a beacon (not sure about revive, I will have to pay attention next time), there is a green "aura" around the bottom of the screen which appears to be either extra health or invulnerability. It disappears after a short time.

Dibbz

Had a good time with KZ GAF last night. I must be the only EU guy around though. Good job SF is not region restricted. EU guys that play regularly on this need to hit me up, so we can start to build a group of players ready for whenever the clan stuff roles out.

Was surprised by some of the people that were on last night. Had no idea the Kitten still played Killzone beyond the grave.

Have some ragdoll for your time guys.

ibqipVg6Td9DpX.gif

rCIZZLE

I would not be opposed to a significant cooldown being patched onto the mobile mines. Seems to be more and more people sitting behind walls randomly throwing them out.

Copy and paste from the other thread I posted in but it looks like Sony are allowing PS+ members to download and try Killzone online multiplayer for free next weekend. Just noticed it on the PS Store, says it will be available between 00:00am on the 28th until 00:00am (CET) on the 1st.

Had a good time with KZ GAF last night. I must be the only EU guy around though. Good job SF is not region restricted. EU guys that play regularly on this need to hit me up, so we can start to build a group of players ready for whenever the clan stuff roles out.

Was surprised by some of the people that were on last night. Had no idea the Kitten still played Killzone beyond the grave.

Have some ragdoll for your time guys.

ibqipVg6Td9DpX.gif

I'm after KZ buddies, too! I'm away from my PS4 until January 6th-ish though - maybe add me (PSN same as Gaf name) and we can play when I get back?

Grinchy

Banned
I would not be opposed to a significant cooldown being patched onto the mobile mines. Seems to be more and more people sitting behind walls randomly throwing them out.

Is that the spider mines? I've been shooting a ton of those lately. I can't remember the last time I died to one.

meppi

Had a similar rag doll happen on a staircase a couple of days ago. The guy in front dropped dead, slid down and actually took me with him, so I couldn't keep my aim up and the enemy on top got me as well. Must have been hilarious if he realised what happened.

rCIZZLE

Is that the spider mines? I've been shooting a ton of those lately. I can't remember the last time I died to one.

Eh, I think I've died to maybe 2 ever but I'm usually stuck wasting time shooting them when some idiot sits behind a wall spamming. Teammates doing it is pretty frustrating as well.

Nade launcher attachment could do with a nerf too. Starting with 4 seems like a bad idea.

Grinchy

Banned
Eh, I think I've died to maybe 2 ever but I'm usually stuck wasting time shooting them when some idiot sits behind a wall spamming. Teammates doing it is pretty frustrating as well.

Nade launcher attachment could do with a nerf too. Starting with 4 seems like a bad idea.

I feel the same way about air bots most of the time. I feel like I have to sit there and waste my time/ammo on them or else I'm stuck with having to switch to support yet again for rockets...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Server Side weapon balance update live

StA-101 Kameraad rifle

The minimum delay between shots has been slightly reduced;
Vertical recoil when zoomed has been reduced when firing for all scope variations;
Hip fire spread has been slightly reduced.

LSR44 Spoor hybrid SMG/sniper

Minimum delay between firing burst has been slightly reduced;
Bullets fired from during burst mode now travel faster;
Vertical recoil when zoomed has been reduced when firing in burst mode.

StA-4 Stova LMG

Hip fire spread slightly reduced when crouched
Spread reduced when crouched and zoomed
Spread reduced when standing and zoomed
Vertical recoil when zoomed is slightly reduced

http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2013-12-19_multiplayer-weapon-balancing.html

Baliis

Good to see the Stova buffed since I hated using it. Surprised at the Kamerad changes since it was already pretty good imo.

Yea, they are pretty easy to avoid. What's up with the assault class grenade unlock? Those grenades seem useless compared to the other ones.

Regular grenades really need to be nerfed though. The blast radius is ridic

Also seeing a lot of nade launcher spamming and it is really annoying. Also needs to be nerfed in some way

Top Bottom