• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

I don't think the assault class weapons should be nerfed either. He should be the most threatening and without the weapons there is no reason to pick it over support class except for sprint on objectives

leng jai

I don't think the assault class weapons should be nerfed either. He should be the most threatening and without the weapons there is no reason to pick it over support class except for sprint on objectives

I only said nerfed at long range. They're perfectly fine at close and medium range right now.

Oh SWEET!!

They added in Extended Warzone!! 24 Players, All modes, auto-forfeit on!!

Edit: Dammit GG, you forgot to turn Auto Forfeit on lol. Joined a game where we are losing 5-0... Teammates acting moronic, no spawn placements. Yeah.. I'm guessing they will fix up the auto-forfeit ASAP, but it seems they'll need to kick everyone out since you can't make changes to Warzone once it's finalized

Edit 2: And yup, lots of lag for some reason.

VariantX

Some random thoughts/improvements:

1. The scoreboard needs an overhaul. No idea why it's not segregated by teams.
2. Reduce the grenade blast radius.
3. Let us remap the abilities to a different button. Having to let go of the left stick to use them is janky as hell for stuff like Echo and the assault stun.
4. Reduce the Keyzer's effectiveness at long range.
5. The revived mechanic needs work. It's daft that you can't finish off a "downed" player. Headshots should also mean you can't be revived (this might be a thing already?).
6. Implement a scoring assist mechanic for drones, turrets and shields.
7. Fix whatever the hell is going on with the grenade throwing arc.
8. Limit the max number of air drones deployable by a team.

9. Get rid of the bars and replace them with numbers so people can look at a glance and see which team is ahead in TDM.

Has anybody had problems with, what I can only guess is really really horrific lag?

I walked into a room and all the sudden literally 3 players spawned all shooting at me (definitely not beacon spawning either)

Or the hit detection going to complete shit in intense firefights?

My current pet peeve is in connect the dots, when team mates decide to stand just outside the circle (for whatever reason) not helping to increase the speed of takeover, whenever this happens a grenade frags me in the last possible moment and the point is not taken over. -.-

Gxgear

Not sure if previously known: "All additional maps will be made available for free to ensure that the community grows without fragmenting."

Was browsing /r Killzone and learned that you can shoot/stun petrusite grenades to destroy them, since they function like a tear gas canister.

Themoreyouknow.jpg

Not sure if previously known: "All additional maps will be made available for free to ensure that the community grows without fragmenting."

Yeah, this was announced before the game was released. It was the main reason why I canceled my BF4 preorder and went with Killzone.

I joined Super Famicom in a game yesterday and had no idea what I was doing. Had been playing death deathmatch since I got it.

I have had a lot of fun on it so far. I guess I should branch out to other types of warzones

Only thing i dislike is the drones. I fucking hate games when they have shit like that. Would be ao much more enjoyable without them.

stevil

I joined Super Famicom in a game yesterday and had no idea what I was doing. Had been playing death deathmatch since I got it.

I have had a lot of fun on it so far. I guess I should branch out to other types of warzones

Only thing i dislike is the drones. I fucking hate games when they have shit like that. Would be ao much more enjoyable without them.
I like the drones makes it more interesting and they are easy to destroy. As a suport type you will have less precise weapons so it will balance it

Chris_C

Alright, so I'm really liking Classic Warzone and would like to party up with some GAFfers at some point (even though there's no chat atm).

Added my name to the sign up sheet :)

Great gaf games very late tonight I swear for killzone make a party of 2 or 3 ppl and it will be up to 8 without any work ppl just funnel in at anytime!

Good games with the NeoGAF Gold party! Had quite a cosmopolitan crew tonight; GAFfers from the USA, Japan, and Australia.

We started out by jumping into a game already in progress and on the losing team (0-3) and ultimately losing 1-4, then steamrolling for a long while. You can count on NeoGAF to put up 5 spawn beacons around 1 capture point! That last game on Extended Warzone was sooo long. I got 63 kills that match, and Fireclad revived The King of all Dougs 11 times according to the What's New Feed. And we finally got to play a lot of modes that were absent from Classic and 24 Warzone, namely Beacon Safeguard (carry a beacon for a long time) and Capture and Move (King of the Hill with a moving Hill). They were fine, but playing all the objectives in one match was exhausting.

A lot of us tried out the Spoor and it feels much better now. To me, it's like the M16 A4 from BF3 in terms of the burst fire speed. The Stova does much better in CQB hip fire now, but still has a lot of kick when you shoot from long range.

With the free MP trial this weekend, I look forward to padding my stats ;)

Good games with the NeoGAF Gold party! Had quite a cosmopolitan crew tonight; GAFfers from the USA, Japan, and Australia.

We started out by jumping into a game already in progress and on the losing team (0-3) and ultimately losing 1-4, then steamrolling for a long while. You can count on NeoGAF to put up 5 spawn beacons around 1 capture point! That last game on Extended Warzone was sooo long. I got 63 kills that match, and Fireclad revived The King of all Dougs 11 times according to the What's New Feed. And we finally got to play a lot of modes that were absent from Classic and 24 Warzone, namely Beacon Safeguard (carry a beacon for a long time) and Capture and Move (King of the Hill with a moving Hill). They were fine, but playing all the objectives in one match was exhausting.

A lot of us tried out the Spoor and it feels much better now. To me, it's like the M16 A4 from BF3 in terms of the burst fire speed. The Stova does much better in CQB hip fire now, but still has a lot of kick when you shoot from long range.

With the free MP trial this weekend, I look forward to padding my stats ;)

Was great games, will make sure to return the favour to Fireclad.

My favourite part was the killzone........ .

meppi

Seriously, why do I always end up on team retard while playing online multiplayer games!? :-/

24 people, I join in halfway through a match and I'm the only one to end up before a couple of people of the other team? Sheesh. Couldn't even get out of our spawn most of the map.
Then when I put down a spawn beacon in capture and hold on the enemy side, no one spawns on it for the first 30 seconds until I cap the point by myself after trying 2 times. FFS

Such an incredible amount of stupidity, and they all find their way to my team time and time again. I think I'm cursed.

AttamisZero

Neo Member
Besides maybe a few tweaks to some maps the only changes i would like to see..

-Grenades: lower blast radius

Assault
-M55 Rumbler: bullet spread when aimed down the sights (If that makes any sense)

Support
- Air Drone: Shrink the area in which the drone detects enemies ( I've been killed quite a few times on forest and the remains where I'm clear across the map and still get detected by the air drone) Or Decrease the rate of fire.

-Supply Box: Indicator on the map

-Revives: =P Stop giving people ammo and grenades back please.

INCUBA3E

Banned
really wished they'd bring back repairable ammo boxes like kz2, instead of it being a support ability

no one ever drops one

i miss how the classes were in kz2 :(

its my biggest complaint about kz:sf in general

well apart from the map layouts all looking the same, every maps has NO stand out areas like previous kz

i hope the DLC maps are all the kz2 maps (apart from radec)

meppi

And of course after all that I finally get into a match where things are going my way.
Certainly not thanks to the teammates though as they were literally sitting 2 meters away from the bombs looking at them while the enemy was arming. Saw this happen 3 times in the game and went a little bonkers.

Started doing some crazy shit and basically doing everything myself. Best of all was, for some reason it all worked out and was absolutely crazy. Filled with action.
So of course what happens?
As soon as the game is over I hit the share button, knowing very well that I hadn't backed out to any menu or anything during the game.
So what does my playstation record?

only this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoA3wLM5kk0&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Sony!

Oh and thanks for joining the next game Dibbz. It certainly made a huge difference and made it a lot more fun as well. :)

is there a way to see how many hours you've put into this game?

btkadams

rCIZZLE

Is there some secret to knowing when you can and can't construct a turret? A lot of the time I'm in seemingly open space mashing right trigger and it just stays in the wireframe model.

Dibbz

Is there some secret to knowing when you can and can't construct a turret? A lot of the time I'm in seemingly open space mashing right trigger and it just stays in the wireframe model.

Pretty sure it's bugged. It's meant to be white when you can place it and yellow when you can't but it's yellow 90% of the time.

zlatko

Banned
Since I got a PS4 this is my go to game. Can't get enough.

Not sure why, but it's just addicting due to its simplistic nature. Gives me old COD4/Gears1 vibes that I can just turn my brain off, go in to a TDM game, and get first place blasting fools on any of my 3 class builds.

This and KZ2 are a tie, but I like this one more and more due to the map selection. I don't hate a single map. Well done GG.

Top Bottom