• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

X-Frame

Spoor feels way better now. Good weapon in cqc.

Good and perfect timing, I just started using it to complete its challenge.

Good to see the Stova buffed since I hated using it. Surprised at the Kamerad changes since it was already pretty good imo.

I actually preferred the Stova to the Pulver, so this buff is really going to make me happy. I really liked the huge clip it has, it's very helpful and effective.

Yea, they are pretty easy to avoid. What's up with the assault class grenade unlock? Those grenades seem useless compared to the other ones.

Regular grenades really need to be nerfed though. The blast radius is ridic

Also seeing a lot of nade launcher spamming and it is really annoying. Also needs to be nerfed in some way

I hated the Limpet grenades and as soon as I completed the challenge I switched back to Frags which seem better in every way. Frags are pretty powerful now, but I think it helps that we only start out with 1 now, as opposed to 2 with KZ2 and 3 if you went to an ammo crate.

I'm assuming they will be buffing the Supply Box soon too, maybe next patch.

Baliis

I actually preferred the Stova to the Pulver, so this buff is really going to make me happy. I really liked the huge clip it has, it's very helpful and effective.

It's great for just spraying down a hallway or something since it has such a huge clip, but I get so many more kills in a straight fire fight with the Pulver.

Good and perfect timing, I just started using it to complete its challenge.

I hated the Limpet grenades and as soon as I completed the challenge I switched back to Frags which seem better in every way. Frags are pretty powerful now, but I think it helps that we only start out with 1 now, as opposed to 2 with KZ2 and 3 if you went to an ammo crate.

If they buff supply box without nerfing grenades, im done with this game. that's how OP they are. your ammo and grenades shouldn't be resupplied when you are revived either

Dibbz

I dont think they are going to buff the Supply Boxes. I think GG mentioned that they were going to find a way to highlight their position for your team mates. Maybe mark them on the map or something because they can be easily missed.

Just came off a couple of games. My god my team was so dumb. Played on The Remains and it was Beacon Theft. Pretty straight forward mission, spawn run 2 feet and protect your beacon. Nope my team decided to go into the middle of the map on the opposite side and just fight there for no reason. Good job dumb asses.

Grinchy

Banned
I dont think they are going to buff the Supply Boxes. I think GG mentioned that they were going to find a way to highlight their position for your team mates. Maybe mark them on the map or something because they can be easily missed.
I play with my brother a lot and he'll tell me that he put a supply box down and half the time I can't even find it. They definitely need to do something to highlight its location.

Nipo

The new 24 player Extended warzone is either the best or worst playlist. If you have a good team it is amazing since you stick together for 9 or so games but it is terrible if you aren't working together.

It would be a really fun one to get a GAF group on I think. It i always fun to play the overlooked game types like defend the beacon and capture and move.

btkadams

Just came off a couple of games. My god my team was so dumb. Played on The Remains and it was Beacon Theft. Pretty straight forward mission, spawn run 2 feet and protect your beacon. Nope my team decided to go into the middle of the map on the opposite side and just fight there for no reason. Good job dumb asses.

this happened to me a couple nights ago and i was getting so annoyed. everyone was just hanging out in the middle of the map.

leng jai

I'm pretty sure I've seen like 3 supply boxes since launch and I play regularly.

I don't understand why people would play Warzone and not do the objectives. Why wouldn't they just play TDM?

Dibbz

I'm pretty sure I've seen like 3 supply boxes since launch and I play regularly.

I don't understand why people would play Warzone and not do the objectives. Why wouldn't they just play TDM?

Warzone, people group up at objectives = plenty of kills
TDM people run around aimlessly = not many kills

People are selfish bastards.

johntown

Banned
I play with my brother a lot and he'll tell me that he put a supply box down and half the time I can't even find it. They definitely need to do something to highlight its location.
They need to do what they did in KZ3 and make them larger. You cannot just go up to it and re-up. You have to look down and get it right to re-supply.

If they made them larger like as tall as a turret that would make a huge difference.

Nipo

Aw yea, weapons that needed buffing got it!

Nerf the Air Drones, nerf the keyser, and rumbler and we are golden.

Not sure if you're serious or not. Have you tried getting 400 kills with the air drone? That shit takes forever.

Assault class needs the strongest guns in the game to be competitive. As it stands a team of all support is pretty much unstoppable on some maps and a good scout with teleport is a pain in the ass to kill and ends up with 30+ kills easy.

Apeopleman

Not sure if you're serious or not. Have you tried getting 400 kills with the air drone? That shit takes forever.

Assault class needs the strongest guns in the game to be competitive. As it stands a team of all support is pretty much unstoppable on some maps and a good scout with teleport is a pain in the ass to kill and ends up with 30+ kills easy.

The Air Drone is not something that should be racking up kills. It is something that should have semi-low health, and a moderate fire rate, and chip away at the your life. The way it is now is a headache. Its a death machine. If you are caught in the open on a map like Forest, you are done.

The Keyser and Rumbler are way too good. For some reason, GG lovvvvves their main ISA rife. This was very clear in KZ2 and 3 multiplayer. No weapon (overall) could hold a candle to the m82. It functions well at point blank, medium and long range, has a nice clip size, low recoil.

I don't miss it at all. I don't mind spies in Team Fortress but I just don't like the mechanic in any other FPS games so far. There's too much craziness going on to sit there and look intently at your teammates to make sure they aren't spies.

Yeah, neither do I. Annoying in KZ2, though I liked the concept in KZ3 (Saboteurs could plant explosives faster).

I would have loved to see the Engineer become a dedicated class. Hacking enemy machines, fixing turrets on maps, fixing ammo crates. I actually loved that layer of map control that a good Engineer could change in KZ2. I really do think making the ammo box the way they did in Shadow Fall was a mistake. It's just too useless and too cumbersome to genuinely use in firefights. And it's too bad that they threw health regen in there too. I miss throwing medpacks on my Assassination buddies lol.

Wish they'd tone down the muzzle flash when ads

I'm okay with it. I only really notice it on the Support class, and rightfully so, as the support class should struggle at infantry combat.

Anyways, glad to hear about the Scout weapon buffs. Maybe now I can slap on a silencer and be formidable at the role.

The Air Drone is not something that should be racking up kills. It is something that should have semi-low health, and a moderate fire rate, and chip away at the your life. The way it is now is a headache. Its a death machine. If you are caught in the open on a map like Forest, you are done.

The Keyser and Rumbler are way too good. For some reason, GG lovvvvves their main ISA rife. This was very clear in KZ2 and 3 multiplayer. No weapon (overall) could hold a candle to the m82. It functions well at point blank, medium and long range, has a nice clip size, low recoil.

Air drone is fine, really. The Forest may be the one map where it has incredible killing potential, sure, but that's where a good team would keep that advantage in mind. Not only does the Support have rockets, but I think even the Scout has an EMP blast to deal with the drones.

I don't find it to be a headache at all. If anything, I can't ever tell where I'm getting shot from.

I don't know if I disagree with the Keyser/Rumbler, but I fully expect the Assault class to be the best at taking out enemies. The guns are definitely easy to use and get kills with, and if anything, I'm not a fan of the somewhat ease of killing at long ranges (which I think undermines the Scout weapons), but I really think the Assault class' lethality is balanced by the necessity of the support class.

As much as I want to play as Assault, I always play Support because I know I'm not winning games without it.

btkadams

nothing is more satisfying than whipping out a missile and destroying a drone/turrent soon after it's been deployed. i think the balance is fine right now. if they're going to buff them, they better reduce the challenge requirements for them too.

i also imagine that people will finish drone/turret challenges over time and their use will be less common.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
nothing is more satisfying than whipping out a missile and destroying a drone/turrent soon after it's been deployed. i think the balance is fine right now. if they're going to buff them, they better reduce the challenge requirements for them too.

i also imagine that people will finish drone/turret challenges over time and their use will be less common.

Yeah, missiles make them very manageable but not many people have unlocked them.

Baliis

Air drones are fine as long as your team is actually bringing them down, otherwise they can get out of hand. If only one person is rolling missiles or something that can kill them quick, it's too easy for them to build up faster than one person can focus on them.

Apeopleman

In a perfect, balanced world, support players communicate, use the Pulver and Stova grenade lock on to take out air and ground bots. But not everyone uses the class, and those who do may not have that unlock.

Ground and air bots are available from the get go.

Can Air Drones be one shot by missiles? I remember being able to do it last week but this week I've needed two missiles. Maybe someone has shot at the Drone a little before I locked on? I thought I had taken out some freshly spawned Drones.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Can Air Drones be one shot by missiles? I remember being able to do it last week but this week I've needed two missiles. Maybe someone has shot at the Drone a little before I kicked on? I thought I had taken out some freshly spawned Drones.

I think it might be location based. A solid hit in the center underbelly takes them out instantly but it seems like it takes two hits to the upper armor.

Nipo

If you're getting killed by airdrones your team is doing something very wrong. The support takes them out in one shot. Most of mine get shot down in under 30 seconds.

Baliis

If you're getting killed by airdrones your team is doing something very wrong. The support takes them out in one shot. Most of mine get shot down in under 30 seconds.

Pretty much any non scout can drop them in under 30 seconds just by turning and shooting them.

Man, unlocking the 'nade launchers for the AR's has really emphasized how janky the geometry detection can be. Really, really odd stuff can happen. It's a shame, seeing as the hit detection on actual players' bodies is pretty amazing.

Huggers

Man, unlocking the 'nade launchers for the AR's has really emphasized how janky the geometry detection can be. Really, really odd stuff can happen. It's a shame, seeing as the hit detection on actual players' bodies is pretty amazing.

I've inadvertently committed suicide with the grenade launcher more times than I can count due to the horrific geometry detection

Foxix Von

I think I mentioned this happening to me the other night but I finally got the video up so you can see what I was talking about: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1388077778109827

Basically in the middle of playing a game with the rest of some gaffers the server kicked me off the game and automatically loaded up another game. I'm not even sure how the heck that happens, but it did, and it was massively inconvenient.

Nipo

Pretty much any non scout can drop them in under 30 seconds just by turning and shooting them.

Which is why they work decent on Forest. If you're playing with randoms half of the team normally picks scout and pretends to be snipers. it is really fun to throw air drones near the normal sniper hangouts and rack up kills since they're all zoomed in and not moving.

meppi

Yeah it was terrible.
I joined someone's team even though he was playing 24p.
Next game I notice that I'm by myself and you're on the other team. The game after that we get put together, so I'm glad that GG actually coded something like that in. (looking at you Dice)

The team was stupid beyond belief. Had the same experience the whole evening actually. :-/

Also, something funky seemed to be going on. Not sure if I was playing on a bad connection or what. I have a great ISP, so my part should be fine as always.
Yet for some reason I could try and empty a clip into someone and they would just shrug it of and casually kill me afterwards.
Had this happen with the same guys that was playing his first game (he only had 4 challenges done) 5 times in a row. I couldn't kill him even though I knew where he was and was using the same weapon as him as well as getting the drop on him. Nothing seemed to matter. Very weird as the hit detection has been absolutely perfect in the past 29 hours that I've been playing the game online.

Also saw a couple of people hopping around, so I know lag had to be playing a part somehow. Only encountered that one time before.
So yeah, I was pretty useless. :(
Really hoping that tomorrow everything will be back to normal because this wasn't fun at all.

Could be worse though. Afterwards a friend asked me to play some BF4 again and we both quit after a couple of matches. No matter how many times people keep shouting from the rooftops that everything has been fixed in that game, it's all just bunk.
Sure, the game didn't crash tonight, which is a miracle by itself. But all the other crap still happens over and over again.
Dying behind cover due to shitty netcode and bad hit detection. Auto aim that pulls your reticule away if anything happens to pass your screen. One hit kills from weapons that do 20% damage and killtrades as well as the 1% deaths. Can't believe the series has become such garbage. Guess the COD crowd will finally be happy with it. SMH

I really hope that the free KZ weekend will bring in a lot of new players and make the MP have a healthy and long life.

Dibbz

Oh my god, just kill me now. Team mates have been total shit tonight. Played Extended Warzone and got paired with team mates in double digit challenge unlocks.

To top it off there is no auto forfeit meaning get a shit team either call for help or take it for 8 rounds.

Oh and points whores like this that put spawns at base to try and get fast points need to fuck off. Wankers

Bb4xYFCIEAAup7t.jpg:large

EDIT:- lol Meppi, i know those feels.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've inadvertently committed suicide with the grenade launcher more times than I can count due to the horrific geometry detection
LOL

This happens to me almost every time.

Yeah it was terrible.
I joined someone's team even though he was playing 24p.
Next game I notice that I'm by myself and you're on the other team. The game after that we get put together, so I'm glad that GG actually coded something like that in. (looking at you Dice)

The team was stupid beyond belief. Had the same experience the whole evening actually. :-/

Also, something funky seemed to be going on. Not sure if I was playing on a bad connection or what. I have a great ISP, so my part should be fine as always.
Yet for some reason I could try and empty a clip into someone and they would just shrug it of and casually kill me afterwards.
Had this happen with the same guys that was playing his first game (he only had 4 challenges done) 5 times in a row. I couldn't kill him even though I knew where he was and was using the same weapon as him as well as getting the drop on him. Nothing seemed to matter. Very weird as the hit detection has been absolutely perfect in the past 29 hours that I've been playing the game online.

Also saw a couple of people hopping around, so I know lag had to be playing a part somehow. Only encountered that one time before.
So yeah, I was pretty useless. :(
Really hoping that tomorrow everything will be back to normal because this wasn't fun at all.

Could be worse though. Afterwards a friend asked me to play some BF4 again and we both quit after a couple of matches. No matter how many times people keep shouting from the rooftops that everything has been fixed in that game, it's all just bunk.
Sure, the game didn't crash tonight, which is a miracle by itself. But all the other crap still happens over and over again.
Dying behind cover due to shitty netcode and bad hit detection. Auto aim that pulls your reticule away if anything happens to pass your screen. One hit kills from weapons that do 20% damage and killtrades as well as the 1% deaths. Can't believe the series has become such garbage. Guess the COD crowd will finally be happy with it. SMH

I really hope that the free KZ weekend will bring in a lot of new players and make the MP have a healthy and long life.

Oh my god, just kill me now. Team mates have been total shit tonight. Played Extended Warzone and got paired with team mates in double digit challenge unlocks.

To top it off there is no auto forfeit meaning get a shit team either call for help or take it for 8 rounds.

Oh and points whores like this that put spawns at base to try and get fast points need to fuck off. Wankers

Bb4xYFCIEAAup7t.jpg:large

EDIT:- lol Meppi, i know those feels.

Goddamn, it. I swear the teams are getting worse and worse. It's so hard for me to play this game without being partied with gaffers. I feel like I'm the only competent one.

Baliis

Goddamn, it. I swear the teams are getting worse and worse. It's so hard for me to play this game without being partied with gaffers. I feel like I'm the only competent one.

If there's not a GAF game I can join into, I usually just get off for the night now.

Dibbz

The free weekend after Christmas is going to be nuts I feel. GG need to make the "New Recruits" Warzone gigantic and hide away the 24p Warzone as well as others that require team work.

Let the new guys fight out amongst themselves because lord have mercy if they are on the opposite team to me. I will base camp them so hard with all this pent up frustration.

Hopefully voice chat is added soon. Please GG save us from ourselves.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The free weekend after Christmas is going to be nuts I feel. GG need to make the "New Recruits" Warzone gigantic and hide away the 24p Warzone as well as others that require team work.

Let the new guys fight out amongst themselves because lord have mercy if they are on the opposite team to me. I will base camp them so hard with all this pent up frustration.

Hopefully voice chat is added soon. Please GG save us from ourselves.

Free weekend is "Fresh Meat" Weekend. Challenges will be completed. We need to get a GAF party going that weekend for sure.

Also 24p will be even more of a clusterfuck.

Have any of you try to melee only on tdm? It's actually pretty effective. I usually get 25+ kills, always finishing in the top 3 and and getting 1st often. The key is the speed boost ability, you'll be surprised how many kills you could get by weaving your way up to them. The only problem I've run into (pun intended) are guys with shotguns. I do a bit better with a gun and my kd has gone done slightly but melee only is so much fun.

meppi

Haha, didn't even think about it like that.

We might scare off a lot of people that way. Perhaps we should take the weekend off?

Nah ;)

Dibbz

Haha, didn't even think about it like that.

We might scare off a lot of people that way. Perhaps we should take the weekend off?

Nah ;)

Welcome to Vekta motherfuckers. Unless we are on the same team, then I will proceed to cry into my pillow as the other team plows into my ass.

johntown

Banned
If it helps some people.....when you play with randoms play as support with spawns.

I find I have to do this 95% of the time if I want to win.

Also, I find switching from 24 player to classic and going back and forth you will eventually get with a good team. If the team is decent I will take a loss on my record because the next round we might have a chance. A team that wins zero rounds I will quit out of quickly.

leng jai

Some random thoughts/improvements:

1. The scoreboard needs an overhaul. No idea why it's not segregated by teams.
2. Reduce the grenade blast radius.
3. Let us remap the abilities to a different button. Having to let go of the left stick to use them is janky as hell for stuff like Echo and the assault stun.
4. Reduce the Keyzer's effectiveness at long range.
5. The revived mechanic needs work. It's daft that you can't finish off a "downed" player. Headshots should also mean you can't be revived (this might be a thing already?).
6. Implement a scoring assist mechanic for drones, turrets and shields.
7. Fix whatever the hell is going on with the grenade throwing arc.
8. Limit the max number of air drones deployable by a team.

Dibbz

Some random thoughts/improvements:

1. The scoreboard needs an overhaul. No idea why it's not segregated by teams. Yep
2. Reduce the grenade blast radius. Not sure not really had any problems
3. Let us remap the abilities to a different button. Having to let go of the left stick to use them is janky as hell for stuff like Echo and the assault stun. Sure
4. Reduce the Keyzer's effectiveness at long range. Add the M55 to this
5. The revived mechanic needs work. It's daft that you can't finish off a "downed" player. Headshots should also mean you can't be revived (this might be a thing already?). Headshot = fatal but yes Revives need to be balanced
6. Implement a scoring assist mechanic for drones, turrets and shields.
7. Fix whatever the hell is going on with the grenade throwing arc. Yup
8. Limit the max number of air drones deployable by a team. Think the cooldown needs work, that would slow them down

I made a thread on the KZ Forums about an option of a No Party Warzone for people that don't want to get torn up by people in parties. If anyone agrees with me could you post the idea on the feedback page they have over there, I got no more votes so can't do it :(

http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...ible-to-add-a-No-Parties-Warzone/td-p/1459889

johntown

Banned
Don't nerf the Keyzer! Or the M55.

If people are being killed at long distance then you are either standing still too long or the shooter had some skill. The kickback and muzzle flash prevent long distance kills for most.
BTW the Keyzer and Pulver are my weapons of choice. ^_^

Dibbz

Don't nerf the Keyzer! Or the M55.

If people are being killed at long distance then you are either standing still too long or the shooter had some skill. The kickback and muzzle flash prevent long distance kills for most.
BTW the Keyzer and Pulver are my weapons of choice. ^_^

It's too late John we have spoken. Reality is GG will only do what the data they collect tells them to do, so we can talk any sort of nonsense, they won't just change it for no reason.

Top Bottom