• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

X-Frame

Pretty sure it's bugged. It's meant to be white when you can place it and yellow when you can't but it's yellow 90% of the time.

I noticed that they increased the distance from a wall or structure allowed when compared to KZ2. In that game you could pretty much place it very far back against a wall but here it seems to require 2 or 3 times as much space on all sides to construct it -- likely to still allow enemies the opportunity to get behind and deconstruct it.

It stinks sometimes as I would have found amazing places to construct them but I don't have enough space.

leng jai

This game must be the worst I've ever experienced when it comes to being blocked by your team mates. There always seem to be some genius standing right in the middle of the doorway. I'm pretty sure 99% of my suicides have been because one of my team mates decided to jump in front of me the second I get my grenade out.

Robot Pants

This game must be the worst I've ever experienced when it comes to being blocked by your team mates. There always seem to be some genius standing right in the middle of the doorway. I'm pretty sure 99% of my suicides have been because one of my team mates decided to jump in front of me the second I get my grenade out.
This man speaks the truth. Also I hate how your bullets won't shoot through holes or cracked pieces of geometry on certain maps.

Dibbz

Voice chat patch should help but yeah Killzone is notorious for tight corridors with giants fucking people blocking them.

Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqB1uoDTdKM

johntown

Banned
Haha the same thing happens to me too!

Ahah, that happens quite a lot. I think the problem could be with the throwing animation being too long, and when he does actually throw the grenade someone runs in front of you.

KiraXD

I just wish it went back to KZ3 MP. I LIKED XP (and was addicted as hell to KZ3 MP)... this challenges crap is pretty lame.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Had a crappy day at work but had a blast playing with you guys tonight, even if we got into some atrocious clusterfucks :lol

Cubed

Man, random teams suck on this. I need a GAF match. Please add me (and invite me) if you play this a lot.

CubedSphere

Soooo tired of the crap teams I get put on.

Darien

New update - 299MB:

ffNwQrZ.jpg

ref

These are nice changes. Going to be getting back into KZ soon, things will be much better hopefully now with some voice chat in-game.

GG missed that when they enabled voice chat it stays disabled in your settings in-game and you cant use voice chat till u set it to 100% most ppl wont know about it especially for the free weekend and they wont want to stay if they think theirs no voice chat

INCUBA3E

Banned
Radec voice will be bought

Now all kz needs is classic maps. Sta14 and the sab class back and this is mp for me, for the next year

wait a minute, you can stack support abilities?

this changes everything.

It's really helpful to make a custom class slot for each ability.
I usually start off with Spawn Beacon and place it somewhere useful. When I die, I use a Turret and build it. Then if I die again, I call in an Air Drone. If I place the Air Drone near the turret, I have that area on lock down.

Chinner

Banned
that's literally what i just figured out. before i was playing it assuming it was like TF2, meaning that changing class would destruct my spawns/turrets etc.

just played a game like this now, and hte gaming is about a million times more fun.

For the voice packs, the description says "Sound like [Col. Radec] in your Battle Chatter when playing as Helghast." I guess this means the team announcer won't be Radec, but that you will sound like Radec to everyone else. I'm guessing Battle Chatter will be something like "Hey, the enemy's got our bacon!" I really wish Radec could be the Helghast team announcer. It was one of the things that made KZ2 great.

bLaiSe

For the voice packs, the description says "Sound like [Col. Radec] in your Battle Chatter when playing as Helghast." I guess this means the team announcer won't be Radec, but that you will sound like Radec to everyone else. I'm guessing Battle Chatter will be something like "Hey, the enemy's got our bacon!" I really wish Radec could be the Helghast team announcer. It was one of the things that made KZ2 great.
I don't think that's the case. There are no female soldiers so the female battle chatter would sound odd coming from a male soldier.

Darien

Now they've added new voice chatter when you deployed spawn beacon for example, or cloaking, reloading, etc. So these battle chatter can be replaced with those voice packs.

SSReborn

Is there no EMP Grenades in the MP and if so why not?

..also I think they should make it so you can use the touchpad for your abilities as an option.

Apeopleman

I don't think that's the case. There are no female soldiers so the female battle chatter would sound odd coming from a male soldier.

I played a few games post patch. The announcer is the same pre patch. YOUR CHARACTER is the one that now says stuff. He says things like "I'm reloading", deploying beacon, etc.

The voice update is disabled by default? Someone please explain the logic of this to me

This is a serious issue. Someone who DL's this game for the free weekend is not going to know how to access chat.

I played a few games post patch. The announcer is the same pre patch. YOUR CHARACTER is the one that now says stuff. He says things like "I'm reloading", deploying beacon, etc.

This is a serious issue. Someone who DL's this game for the free weekend is not going to know how to access chat.

Nm that, people who have had the game may not even realise. It is the stupidest thing and makes the update worthless in the context of trying to build a social/active community. Why are GG being so difficult with voice? What is their problem with it

test_account

XP-39C²
what DLC isnt included?
I dont know about the voice packs, but there are some buddy drone/air drone/turret skins that you can buy in the PS Store right now, and they cost money even if you bought the season pass. I assume it will be the same with the upcoming skins and finishing moves as well (those moves that you preform at the end of the round if you're the top player on your team).

Dibbz

Impressions of the new patch.

New Battle Chat stuff is very nice. Adds to the atmosphere and it's also helpful to hear team mates call out when putting down spawns, supply boxes etc

Suicide now an option so you can put down spawn, suicide put down turret etc. Keep stacking till you are commanding an army of drones and guiding your team to victory.

Voice chat, disabled by default. No words, literally *buh dum tish*. Hope they just made a simple honest mistake and this can be rectified very very soon because it makes no sense at all.

Supply boxes, nano shields show up on maps now. Praise the Vektan overlords.

Customization options looks great. I'd love to have new skins and stuff to go with the new voices. The addition of a female version voice surely hints at female characters coming down the line right?

So far, very happy.

Everything sounds great except for this:

Suicide now an option so you can put down spawn, suicide put down turret etc. Keep stacking till you are commanding an army of drones and guiding your team to victory.
Thats just lame. I hope not to see too much of this and I sure as hell hope people don't expect me to do this when running as support.

Top Bottom