• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

johntown

Banned
Radec voice will be bought

Now all kz needs is classic maps. Sta14 and the sab class back and this is mp for me, for the next year
Radec Acedemy is coming back (rumor).

Doubtful the Sabateur/infiltrator class is not coming back. One of my fav classes too. : (

k_klown

Has motion blur been decreased at all? I can't really play the game with it on. I also don't understand how a game in 2013 does not have voice chat.

Dibbz

Everything sounds great except for this:

Thats just lame. I hope not to see too much of this and I sure as hell hope people don't expect me to do this when running as support.

Air drones don't stay out if you die btw so it's not as super powered as I made it sound. It's just handy since you will be able to put down a spawn beacon then change to ground turret and protect it if you are on a shit team and need to make a route out for you team.

So I've had the Voice enabled now to 100% but still not heard ANYONE speak?

Can someone please help me out here:-

- Do I NEED to have voice @ 100% or will 70% work (IF I ever hear anyone lol!)

- It seems to be taking the sound of my voice from my Amp via my Playstation Camera rather than from the headset plugged into the DS4. This is annoying for a few reasons other than the obvious why the fuck is it doing this, such as as my name is constantly on the screen even though I'm not speaking (cos its hearing all the background sound) PLUS this must be annoying for anyone else who can hear it!

wtf?

- Surely I've not got to UNPLUG the camera every time?

Dibbz

So I've had the Voice enabled now to 100% but still not heard ANYONE speak?

Can someone please help me out here:-

- Do I NEED to have voice @ 100% or will 70% work (IF I ever hear anyone lol!)

- It seems to be taking the sound of my voice from my Amp via my Playstation Camera rather than from the headset plugged into the DS4. This is annoying for a few reasons other than the obvious why the fuck is it doing this, such as as my name is constantly on the screen even though I'm not speaking (cos its hearing all the background sound) PLUS this must be annoying for anyone else who can hear it!

wtf?

- Surely I've not got to UNPLUG the camera every time?

wait for it.. it's off by default so no one is able to use or hear voice chat unless they go into the options and set it. Means that right now nearly no one apart from the few that visit forums know how to set voice chat.

Also you sure it's picking up the sound of the camera? I tested voice chat on my own today with the default headset Sony supplies with the PS4 and it was flashing my name up now and again.

wait for it.. it's off by default so no one is able to use or hear voice chat unless they go into the options and set it. Means that right now nearly no one apart from the few that visit forums know how to set voice chat.

Also you sure it's picking up the sound of the camera? I tested voice chat on my own today with the default headset Sony supplies with the PS4 and it was flashing my name up now and again.

Thanks.

Yeah positive its picking up the camera. Makes no sense but iirc, I think I've seen another post on this (although not relating to this game, perhaps BF4?) where someone else was complaining about a similar issue.

Sometimes I really wish Sony would sort shit like this out before it even happened!...

Anybody else?

TyrantII

Anyone else notice lag issues becoming more prevelent?

OSK by non-OSK guns and people running away only to die 2-5 seconds later.

Anyone else notice lag issues becoming more prevelent?

OSK by non-OSK guns and people running away only to die 2-5 seconds later.

Had this shit last week but seems ok at the minute for me.

Was playing Like A Boss and was getting one shot from sickle but from MILES away, shot round corners and everything - wasn't happy...

Hope it sorts quickly for you because it's annoying as hell!

New update - 299MB:

ffNwQrZ.jpg
Yes lovely update

Thanks.

Yeah positive its picking up the camera. Makes no sense but iirc, I think I've seen another post on this (although not relating to this game, perhaps BF4?) where someone else was complaining about a similar issue.

Sometimes I really wish Sony would sort shit like this out before it even happened!...

Anybody else?

Omg my bad!

Apologies for being a muppet!!!

Just turned the headset off and there was no name on screen as if voice was happening. As soon as I unplugged headset, the playstation camera took over and name was on screen all the time (as I said before).

In other words, there aint no problem and the voice is correctly taking over from the camera if the headset is plugged in. The mic is obviously picking up the ambient sounds from the amp which is why I made the mistake before cos I really didn't think this was happening as the name was constantly on the screen.

A couple of points though:-

- It does make me wonder how it is to others (and me when someone actually speaks!) if they can hear my surround system other than just my voice?

- What if I want to use an ordinary set of headphones and the important bit 'connected to DS4', put voice and game audio through them, whilst talking via playstation camera, then I'm assuming this wouldn't work because the port on the ds4 has been plugged into. I wonder if this is possible?

Again, sorry for the incorrect info initially.

X-Frame

A lot more lag since I played last weekend.

Also, thank you GG, the Spoor is finally a good gun, it definitely complements the close-quarters play style I want as a Scout.

Apeopleman

Not officially but some insiders have hinted it is coming back. Very possible other community favorite maps from KZ2 and KZ3 coming too.

A lot more lag since I played last weekend.
Sounds like a solid rumor.

Also, thank you GG, the Spoor is finally a good gun, it definitely complements the close-quarters play style I want as a Scout.

Hell yes. I feel confident playing the Scout now.

Wait, is team voice chat disabled by default now? Because that would be really dumb if so. Almost as dumb as launching the game without it ;p

GodofWine

Wait, is team voice chat disabled by default now? Because that would be really dumb if so. Almost as dumb as launching the game without it ;p

Agreed, tweet em. They can probably patch this in 3 minutes. (not counting sony approval time.)

Was playing a little today, and the people playing the game started a message saying ' voice chat can be enabled in game through your options, pass it along to your friends'. Which was nice to see the KZ community being well, a community.

Word will slowly spread.

New to this thread as I only started multi a few days ago. Here are my gripes:

1)is it just me or do the pistols seem very underpowered?
2)I was moaning about this in another thread (I like moaning) but damn they should make the cloaking more effective. At least they make the person faster now
3) holy shit the melee system is bad. It doesn't register the hit like 50% of the time
4) this might be just cos I'm used to COD but unlocking stuff seems to involve a LOT of grinding... Especially if you ain't that good...
5) Yes GG, I know how all the weapons are unlocked but I should unlock all the attachments etc, but damn, you would think, when I use a sniper rifle, I would get a damn scope not a bloody holo on the base weapon.
6) I wanna see my KD!!! Yes yes, I'm sure not showing deaths per match breeds positivity but when I play team deathmatch (which hinges on KD), I wanna see my deaths!! I don't care about head shots!
7)why can't I access my loadout customisation thing on the loading screen? Why should I spend game time customising classes?
8) is it just me or do all the team deathmatches end up being spawn camp the other team?
9)this one is more about the players. Why do people always insist on running back to the same choke point where they keep getting slaughtered by the enemy? Extremely annoying when I go through a lot of effort to place spawn point that allows us to flank the enemy...

Rant over (until I remember more stuff)

These are general questions and anyone could answer these I would be grateful.

1)how does the cool down timer that allows me to place new spawn points work? It seems to change everytime I play...
2)what exactly are supposed to press when we end up on the final after game humiliation screen? I kinda just mash buttons which works sometimes...
3) has anyone had this issue where they shot a guy several times with the one shot sniper (vulter?), he doesn't try? This has happened to me several times yesterday when I was with my friend.

VariantX

2)I was moaning about this in another thread (I like moaning) but damn they should make the cloaking more effective. At least they make the person faster now
3) holy shit the melee system is bad. It doesn't register the hit like 50% of the time
4) this might be just cos I'm used to COD but unlocking stuff seems to involve a LOT of grinding... Especially if you ain't that good...
5) Yes GG, I know how all the weapons are unlocked but I should unlock all the attachments etc, but damn, you would think, when I use a sniper rifle, I would get a damn scope not a bloody holo on the base weapon.
6) I wanna see my KD!!! Yes yes, I'm sure not showing deaths per match breeds positivity but when I play team deathmatch (which hinges on KD), I wanna see my deaths!! I don't care about head shots!
7)why can't I access my loadout customisation thing on the loading screen? Why should I spend game time customising classes?
8) is it just me or do all the team deathmatches end up being spawn camp the other team?
9)this one is more about the players. Why do people always insist on running back to the same choke point where they keep getting slaughtered by the enemy? Extremely annoying when I go through a lot of effort to place spawn point that allows us to flank the enemy...

Rant over (until I remember more stuff)

These are general questions and anyone could answer these I would be grateful.

1)how does the cool down timer that allows me to place new spawn points work? It seems to change everytime I play...
2)what exactly are supposed to press when we end up on the final after game humiliation screen? I kinda just mash buttons which works sometimes...
3) has anyone had this issue where they shot a guy several times with the one shot sniper (vulter?), he doesn't try? This has happened to me several times yesterday when I was with my friend.

Number 8 will always happen when you have a game with fixed spawns. Easier to win if you deny the enemy team the ability to move and get their footing.

Number 9 is so true . Every time the park shows up in rotation the team always ends up in the two rooms with escalators. I go outside, I see little to no action.
This happens alot when people keep taking the river route in the forest, ignoring the other 2/3 rds of the map.

GodofWine

1. Yes, but it doesnt bug me, use them as a weapon of last resort.
2. I never snipe so I cant help
3. I think you actually have to hit the guy in KZ melee, unlike COD in the same zip code melee
4. Yes and no, once you get the first few sights on a gun, and a rocket launcher, you dont need much else. Leveling up drones is a little tougher.
5. Agreed, a scope should be included, I imagine its not too many kills to get one.
6. I agree, KDR should be shown in TDM matches only, not in Warzone ever.
7. Same thing in BF4..its annoying, but I accept it as almost normal now
8. This is why there should ALWAYS be someone putting spawns down. And if you do get trapped, just sprint out and drop one, and hopefully a couple people spawn there before its destroyed, and they can distract the dirty campers.
9. Its always been like that in KZ...not sure why, give it a week, you'll be doing it too. :)

GGs to the GAFers I played with today. Really liking the MP. Always wanted to get into KZ, but by the time I did KZ2 was dead, and I didn't like the KZ3 beta. Had some crazy good GAF games last night too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I like the new callouts they added in. It helps the teams communicate a bit better and helps to alleviate the weird quietness that the game had before.

GGs to the GAFers I played with today. Really liking the MP. Always wanted to get into KZ, but by the time I did KZ2 was dead, and I didn't like the KZ3 beta. Had some crazy good GAF games last night too.

Yeah, last night was a blast.

DoomGyver

Yeah the gaf games last night were great although we need to balance the teams better next time. I see the update went live 30 minutes after I went to bed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah the gaf games last night were great although we need to balance the teams better next time. I see the update went live 30 minutes after I went to bed.

Yeah, same here. I remember we were lamenting that no patch was out last night then I work up to it this morning.

johntown

Banned
I agree you guys were steamrolling us. Bizarrely though we always won at TDM. Which really only means we need to communicate and strategize a little better but yeah balancing the teams is a must.

You missed out on the match we played with another clan. It was fun but they beat us 8v7 match.....we had 8.

Top Bottom