• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

1. Yes, but it doesnt bug me, use them as a weapon of last resort.
2. I never snipe so I cant help
3. I think you actually have to hit the guy in KZ melee, unlike COD in the same zip code melee
4. Yes and no, once you get the first few sights on a gun, and a rocket launcher, you dont need much else. Leveling up drones is a little tougher.
5. Agreed, a scope should be included, I imagine its not too many kills to get one.
6. I agree, KDR should be shown in TDM matches only, not in Warzone ever.
7. Same thing in BF4..its annoying, but I accept it as almost normal now
8. This is why there should ALWAYS be someone putting spawns down. And if you do get trapped, just sprint out and drop one, and hopefully a couple people spawn there before its destroyed, and they can distract the dirty campers.
9. Its always been like that in KZ...not sure why, give it a week, you'll be doing it too. :)

1. As you say, since you don't snipe, it's rather unwieldy to use snipers in close combat so it's rather irritating when it takes around 5-6 bullets to down someone and it ain't even a fast rate of fire
3. Lol admittedly the cod thing was a bit like that but again if you're running down a guy whilst cloaked, I would like to kill him with one the first go and not spend 5-10 swipes. Anyways, they tend to see you free two swipes and end up killing you.
4. But they do need to balance it though. For example with the spawn points, it takes say 25 friendly spawns to level up. That's fairly easy. Even possible in one match. Take the cloak on the otherhand. 25 kills with cloak on are impossible in a single match unless you're a machine. In fact the best I've gotten so far on an incredibly lucky streak was 6
5. On the FOR its 25 kills and 10 head shots. Doesn't sound like much but the headshots are pretty hard. For m anyways. I'm over 75 general kills with it and only managed about 5 headshots. This might just be my shit sniping though.
8. If only :p you get mowed down as soon as you step outside if you're enemy is well entrenched. And I'm not that selfless haha.
9. I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible haha.

I agree you guys were steamrolling us. Bizarrely though we always won at TDM. Which really only means we need to communicate and strategize a little better but yeah balancing the teams is a must.

You missed out on the match we played with another clan. It was fun but they beat us 8v7 match.....we had 8.

OOOOHH! There's GAF matches? How do I join?

Robot Pants

New update - 299MB:

ffNwQrZ.jpg
I really love how PS4 has the Update History built in but it's a shame that outside of Killzone, I haven't seen a single game take advantage of it.

Also awesome update. Gonna play it later today.

Can anybody help me with Voice Chat on PS4 please?

POINT #1:-
Initially I had a problem thinking that when I connected the supplied mic, it was getting over ruled by the Playstation Camera because my onscreen name was constantly on the screen, even when I wasn't speaking. Once I'd established this wasn't the case, I then realized that both the Playstation Camera AND Supplied Mic are stupidly over 'sensitive' to the point that whether I'm speaking or not AND whether I've muted the surround system or tv, my onscreen name was practically always present - the noise which made this still happen was established as me merely pressing the buttons/moving the sticks on my ds4 - wtf? So now I constantly have my name on the screen (which is bad in itself and imo should be placed in a more discreet place, perhaps at the bottom of the screen).

Question
- Shouldn't there be some form of noise echo/cancellation like there was on the ps3 to prevent even 'little' noises which react to the onscreen name being ever present?
- Surely this has got to be shit for everyone as they must also be able to hear the other noise of the game/button presses or whatever? How the hell is anyone supposed to hear you clearly?

POINT #2
I have a set of Xtactic USB with mic so I thought I'd use the these headphones and just plug the Supplied Mic into the ds4. Idea was to have the sound through my headphones (game audio & chat) whilst I spoke through the Supplied Mic (attached to the ds4 and my shirt!). Well this didn't work as when you've got the Supplied Mic attached, you're only allowed to put the sound through this Supplied Mic - whether this is All Audio or Game Chat. Who the hell wants all the audio through a mono headpiece?

Question
- So other than putting the Chat Audio through the Supplied Mic and putting my other headphones over the top, is there another way to have the Audio AND Chat through my/any headphones (as in say, even a set which is plugged into the tv) WHILST I use the Supplied Mic attached to the ds4?

POINT #3:-
So after the issue of point number 2, I decided to use the mic with my Xtactic. Firstly it doesn't work. I can't get any feedback for the mic to work at all even though this is a USB headset which I thought was supposed to be supported?

Question
- Should I be able to use the mic with this headset Xtactic?
- Are there any settings I can change because on the ps3 it recognized when you had other headsets attached and it had options for them?

POINT #4:-
As I'm playing Killzone, it kept switching between
'Game' chat and 'Party' chat but seems to now have stayed in 'Party'.

Question
- Can anyone explain what the difference of these are?

Update. After all the fucking about trying to chat in game without Party Chat, I decided to Party Chat in KZ and the one thing I noticed is that my name on screen is no longer displayed. This is all well and good but not so much for normal in-game chat...

Thanks guys for any help. My head is right up my arse at the minute...

RedAssedApe

Banned
I really love how PS4 has the Update History built in but it's a shame that outside of Killzone, I haven't seen a single game take advantage of it.

Also awesome update. Gonna play it later today.

Assassins Creed 4 uses it. Contrast also had a fairly detailed updated notes. :)

leng jai

What exactly is the benefit of the backstab melee where you go into an animation that disables you for multiple seconds? I don't even understand how the game decides if you do the stab or just do the weapon bunt (which is still a one hit kill and doesn't leave you open to fire for several seconds).

Also the pistols seem weak as hell. If you're not aiming for the head you can forget about killing anyone.

What exactly is the benefit of the backstab melee where you go into an animation that disables you for multiple seconds? I don't even understand how the game decides if you do the stab or just do the weapon bunt (which is still a one hit kill and doesn't leave you open to fire for several seconds).

Also the pistols see weak as hell. If you're not aiming for the head you can forget about killing anyone.

Reading my mind... The melee is bugged as hell. They either need to make you COD melee invincinble or make the whole thing a lot quicker.

Foxix Von

Also the pistols see weak as hell. If you're not aiming for the head you can forget about killing anyone.
There isn't a benefit to being locked in the melee animation. It just serves as an easy way to get yourself killed.

After much experimentation I've determined that what decides the type of melee kill is distance. If I initiate the melee attack at point blank range we'll be animation locked. However if I initiate the melee, while say running towards you, it will execute the normal rifle butt animation before actually touching you. If timed right you can lunge into someone with the ass end of your rifle and hit them AFTER the animation has started, skipping the dramatic and long winded animation that would normally lock the two of us.

leng jai

Yeah, if you're really close and behind them you pretty much get locked into the animation every time. It seems daft since being sneaky and getting the drop on someone actually survives as a disadvantage in some ways.

Foxix Von

Yeah, if you're really close and behind them you pretty much get locked into the animation every time. It seems daft since being sneaky and getting the drop on someone actually survives as a disadvantage in some ways.
Being behind them or in front of them makes no difference. There's a seperate animation for killing someone from their front that is also lengthy.

So 2 new maps early next year and the season pass applies for more then just the coop expansion is what I got from the QA

Mercenary is also getting 2 new maps early next year from that PS blog post awhile back

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone know for a fact if you get to keep your round stats if you get disconnected or quit? I got disconnected earlier and i had a pretty good round with turret kills (5+ kills).

meppi

Well holy crap, that sure was something! :)

Especially that last Factory game. So many KZ2 flashbacks right there.
Nice to see we had some competition as well, not that it could save them. ;)
Too bad I had to stop as I had been playing for several hours and really needed a break. This game gives me major headaches after a couple hours. Not sure why.

And Dibbz is banned now? :-/
At least he went out in a blaze of glory for the good of Helghan, defending the honour of our great scholar Visari against the infidels!

/salute

test_account

XP-39C²
Damn it! I was so close to getting a killstreak of 30! I got to 27, but then i ran out of bullets for my main weapon, and the only weapon i could find was a Kameraad. Then a guy came and i couldnt kill him. Then i screamed, lol. The worse part is that about 5 seconds after i die, then my turret kills 3 people in a row. If i had been able to get that guy, or been able to get away, i would have made it.

I wonder if i will ever be able to make it. Its not something that i actively try to achieve. If i am lucky/good enough to get around 10 kills in a row, then i start taking it more carefully.

i1l9epXCMwSek.jpg

EDIT: Does anyone know if there are any emblem unlocks for getting a killstreak of 25 and 30? On Tier 4 (which is the highest), i only see Reaper that has a challenge of 20.

zedge

What was the point of them adding voice chat if its disabled and most likely don't even know its there? I have not heard a single person yet. It also seems you have to enable it everytime you join a different game..lol

cmon GG..

leng jai

What was the point of them adding voice chat if its disabled and most likely don't even know its there? I have not heard a single person yet. It also seems you have to enable it everytime you join a different game..lol

cmon GG..

Yeah, played about 6 games and haven't heard a single person speak. However I have heard myself say "reloading" and "throwing grenade" about thousand times already.

TyrantII

Yeah, played about 6 games and haven't heard a single person speak. However I have heard myself say "reloading" and "throwing grenade" about thousand times already.

Seems it doesn't always do this? I've only heard it every now and then, not very much tot ell you the truth.

LAG issues were still there, but much much better tonight. Wonder if it's due to more Americans in the servers tonight. Still had some bad enemies glitching around, but I could kill them if I got the jump on them at least without them running away, sicking the entire team, then dropping dead on the other side of the map with the kill credited to me.

I think I'm finally starting to know how to really play the game and not suck with randoms.

For some reason I was thinking all the guns were similar and never played other class than support and I was so frustrated because I was being outgunned a lot of times in fire fights and I was thinking I sucked so it was normal I died a lot. I then started to pickup assault class weapons and wow the game became so much easier.
I'm now really using different class in order to win a game all by myself. I plant a spawn beacon, I change class to assault to defend the objective, I switch weapons in order to tackle the situation the best way possible and I'm having a blast.

I never loved a fps this much since the early 2000s with counter strike.

I need to try playing scout some time but I don't think it's a good class with randoms. People really suck and don't know what team play means.

_Isaac

I think I'm finally starting to know how to really play the game and not suck with randoms.

For some reason I was thinking all the guns were similar and never played other class than support and I was so frustrated because I was being outgunned a lot of times in fire fights and I was thinking I sucked so it was normal I died a lot. I then started to pickup assault class weapons and wow the game became so much easier.
I'm now really using different class in order to win a game all by myself. I plant a spawn beacon, I change class to assault to defend the objective, I switch weapons in order to tackle the situation the best way possible and I'm having a blast.

I never loved a fps this much since the early 2000s with counter strike.

I need to try playing scout some time but I don't think it's a good class with randoms. People really suck and don't know what team play means.

So do you suicide after you plant a spawn beacon?

I sometimes felt like it but never did ... I rather kill someone and steal the better weapon while still playing the objective.

I had an EPIC FAIL moment while playing beacon retrieval earlier :

http://youtu.be/8kXWfCLXoOc

If only I didn't try to destroy their spawn beacon I could have made it :(

Does anyone know what buttons they changed for Remote Play? I played it again today and the layout was the same. Not that I'm complaining, because I never had a problem with the layout before. Killzone does it right by mapping L2 to the Vita's Left Button. There are many games through Remote Play that would be infinitely better for me, especially sports games (like FIFA), if they used L2 (for sprinting) through Vita's Left Button. They really should put in custom controls for users.

Chris_C

I really like looking up the What's New thread, but it's a little irritating that:

1 - Someone scrores 2 new personal bests in their last session... what where they? Sorry, you'll never know, here are two images of the map the owned on.

2 - Thumbs up! Would you like to comment on this achievement/video/screenshot? Sorry, you can't do that.

Keihart

I really like looking up the What's New thread, but it's a little irritating that:

1 - Someone scrores 2 new personal bests in their last session... what where they? Sorry, you'll never know, here are two images of the map the owned on.

2 - Thumbs up! Would you like to comment on this achievement/video/screenshot? Sorry, you can't do that.

Yeah , it's really lacking in those features. I mean , whats the point on making it Facebook-ish if you can't even coment?

MMaRsu

Can someone make a new thread for this since apparently I cant.

So I was browsing the Playstation store and I see KZSF free for ps+. It says weekend warfare so I'd assume its only for the weekend.

If you are on the fence about this game then check it out!

Bishop89

Just got done with my first proper mp session with this game. Played about 7 warzone matches in a row. Game is very beautiful and is very fun. Easy imo to do well in this game.

Welp, I'm considering selling this game. Don't get me wrong I love it but ever since the patch I can't play the game anymore (error codes). I tried to play the last 2 nights with Gaf but was unable to. There are several ppl in the official forums having this issue as well. This is really annoying and upsetting as it's the only PS4 game I play.

lemmykoopa

Guys, I played online for the first time yesterday but I felt a little overwhelmed. The game seems a lot more tactical as opposed to the gun and run style of Cod. Anyone got tips for a beginner on best class to start with etc? I play alone by the way, no friends with a ps4.

Guys, I played online for the first time yesterday but I felt a little overwhelmed. The game seems a lot more tactical as opposed to the gun and run style of Cod. Anyone got tips for a beginner on best class to start with etc? I play alone by the way, no friends with a ps4.

I did quite well playing support. The guns tend to have bigger mags so are good to start off with and allows you to pray and spray haha

Voice chat has definitely made multi even better. Wish it was enabled by default.

I did run into my first "faggot" this, "faggot" that asshole. He was awful and blamed his terrible play on teammates, lagging and glitchers.

Grinchy

Banned
is there any point in buying the season pass right now?

I don't personally see one, but I always find season passes to be useless. "Here guys, pay us money without knowing what you'll be getting from it, but when we do finally release some new shit, you'll save a few bucks! I hope you actually want the content you paid for months ago before you knew what it would even be!"

No thanks.

Apeopleman

So do all the cool kids play regular warzone or 24 player warzone?

Personally, I believe 24 players is too many. It becomes a clusterfuck, and people focus more on their kill count rather than objectives. Also, 12 people fighting 12 people over 1 bomb site isnt fun.

I like classic, 7 vs 7 personally. Near perfect amount when the teams are balanced, IMO. I feel as if I have an impact on the game.

Try yourself though to weigh in.

If you're new, definitely use the Assault class with the Rumbler. It is the best gun in the game overall. High rate of fire, low recoil, high range, nice clip, nice power.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm doing a collectable run of the campaign right now but if anyone is on or is getting a party going, feel free to send me an invite even though I'm not in MP.

The game really needs an auto balance feature. It's really not very fun when a team of relatively high skilled players play together against random noobs.
I was able to score some great killstreaks by surprise but the objectives are impossible when you are all alone.
I don't even know how could it be fun to play like that, don't you want some challenge ?

Top Bottom