• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

The general lack of spawn beacons is PUTRID. Dabbled in some TDM the other night (every Warzone match I could find was steamroll central) and it was just ridiculous. The entire enemy team had equipped their 'quick-deploy tent' attachments and had us holed in at spawn.

It's sad that the average player looks at TDM and says, "heck, screw map positioning/control... It's TDM! All I need to do is SHOOT STUFF! Come 'ere, TURRET!"

Seriously. 50% of the time I am having to play Support out of necessity; I don't mind it that much, because it's definitely the class that I gravitate to and perform best with, but for balls' sake, guys, let me mix it up a bit every now and then.

Teddified

I've been working on the weapon attachments, and man the sniper ones are kinda annoying. I've pretty much just got those then most of the handguns, which seem hard in their own right.

I doubt I'll try for the abilities though, maybe I'll just do one in each class, but I can't see farming those before becoming too annoyed.

Personally, I believe 24 players is too many. It becomes a clusterfuck, and people focus more on their kill count rather than objectives. Also, 12 people fighting 12 people over 1 bomb site isnt fun.

I like classic, 7 vs 7 personally. Near perfect amount when the teams are balanced, IMO. I feel as if I have an impact on the game.

Try yourself though to weigh in.

I originally was just playing deathmatch, and the game felt so empty. It's awful. I can see why 24 player deathmatch is so popular becuase it rectifies that problem, but warzone is definitely better, in my opinion at least.

Framerate definitely holds up better on 7 v 7, that's for sure. I was playing 24 players on that big outdoors map (the same one from chapter 2? i think) and I was getting massive drops.

DukeSucks

New player here to KZ trying to figure everything out. I'm pretty bad at most shooters, but I love them. Anyone willing to add me to some of the GAF parties while I learn the ropes? Randos might be a better teammate, but I'd rather play with you guys :)

PSN: LOLduke

PS- bonus: I know how to enable team chat!

ref

Hey guys, guess what?

My PS4 is defective! Edit: Or broken, who knows. Yay!

Whole day was spent driving to my parents for Christmas. Brought my PS4 with me, get there, hook it up. And yup. Thing won't turn on. It's stuck eternally at the sleep orange mode. I press the button, the normal power up, but nothing happens. Tried it in all the outlets in my house, and even went to my neighbors to try it there, nope. It just absolutely puzzles me that it worked fine hours before and now it doesn't. The only far fetched thing I can think of, is that since it's so damn cold here in Winnipeg that maybe while I was driving some moisture got in or something and bah, I don't know =(

I contacted Sony Support and they said I would need to send it in to get it examined. This is an absolute NIGHTMARE mainly because I'm Canadian and EVERYTHING like this takes forever in Canada.

Seriously, last gen I had 4 Xbox 360's RROD on me and it took Microsoft usually a month to get it, repair (or replace) it and send it back. Ugh.

Oh, and the funny thing is Best Buy would have given me a replacement but guess what? They're all sold out!

I really wanted to get back into KZ now that most of my Christmas stuff is done, and the latest update looks awesome....

RedAssedApe

Banned
i think i was in a gaf party just now. for some reason whenever i was in party chat i couldn't hear any of you but i could see the little pop-up indicators on the screen showing people were talking. had chat enabled and set to 100%. could anyone hear me talking?

after i dropped out of the party i was hearing people talking -_-

anyhow gg games. game is much more fun when you are a noob but on a team who seems to know what they are going. will glady run support on teams like that lol

Ilúvatar

Hey guys, guess what?

Ref, did you properly secure the console during the drive? I had a PS3 die on me when I was heading back to school because I just put it in the trunk. Learned my lesson and that day and now the consoles stay up front with me when I travel >_>

leng jai

TDM on the Park is hilarious every time. Just got a 15 kill streak from basically spamming the voltage gun in one of the doorways.

INCUBA3E

Banned
Really hope the dlc is original maps

S.market
South hills

Basically all the kz2 maps apart from radec

And why am I always forced to play support for spawning

FFFUUU!!!

johntown

Banned
Hey guys, guess what?

Whole day was spent driving to my parents for Christmas. Brought my PS4 with me, get there, hook it up. And yup. Thing won't turn on. It's stuck eternally at the sleep orange mode. I press the button, the normal power up, but nothing happens. Tried it in all the outlets in my house, and even went to my neighbors to try it there, nope. It just absolutely puzzles me that it worked fine hours before and now it doesn't. The only far fetched thing I can think of, is that since it's so damn cold here in Winnipeg that maybe while I was driving some moisture got in or something and bah, I don't know =(

I contacted Sony Support and they said I would need to send it in to get it examined. This is an absolute NIGHTMARE mainly because I'm Canadian and EVERYTHING like this takes forever in Canada.

Seriously, last gen I had 4 Xbox 360's RROD on me and it took Microsoft usually a month to get it, repair (or replace) it and send it back. Ugh.

Oh, and the funny thing is Best Buy would have given me a replacement but guess what? They're all sold out!

I really wanted to get back into KZ now that most of my Christmas stuff is done, and the latest update looks awesome....
Oh man that sucks! I was looking forward to playing some comp matches with you.

Hopefully you can get a new one soon!

jjasper

The general lack of spawn beacons is PUTRID. Dabbled in some TDM the other night (every Warzone match I could find was steamroll central) and it was just ridiculous. The entire enemy team had equipped their 'quick-deploy tent' attachments and had us holed in at spawn.

It's sad that the average player looks at TDM and says, "heck, screw map positioning/control... It's TDM! All I need to do is SHOOT STUFF! Come 'ere, TURRET!"

Seriously. 50% of the time I am having to play Support out of necessity; I don't mind it that much, because it's definitely the class that I gravitate to and perform best with, but for balls' sake, guys, let me mix it up a bit every now and then.

TDM is unplayable. It can also ruin any regular warzone when it comes up on a rotation since whichever team pins the other in the spawn area never lets it go after that. Hopefully they come up with a way to fix it.

Im getting better. Played with some of you guys last night, but when you went to the 24 player match, it was lag city. I got DCd so I just started another 7v7 and had my best game yet. We won 5-0, I was ranked #1 in score, mission score, and kill streak at 8 which was my personal best. The shotgun really is a kick ass weapon.

Linconan

Played my first Online game tonight with a mate.
Love it.
Got a 10 kill streak protecting an area,lol, and i felt like Rambo after. LOL

johntown

Banned
Not fond of the team switching in random games. It was a great team then the next map I find myself with the team we beat.

I know why they do it to try to keep it fair and balanced but the good players who get switched are not going to stay with the losing team. A few might and I usually do for one game.

I just wish I knew how this was calculated and decided. I was in 4th on 24 player Warzone and got switched to the other team. How about others? Have you noticed being switched and if do do you recall where you placed overall?

Not fond of the team switching in random games. It was a great team then the next map I find myself with the team we beat.

I know why they do it to try to keep it fair and balanced but the good players who get switched are not going to stay with the losing team. A few might and I usually do for one game.

I just wish I knew how this was calculated and decided. I was in 4th on 24 player Warzone and got switched to the other team. How about others? Have you noticed being switched and if do do you recall where you placed overall?

I think quitting a warzone counts as a loss so quitting or losing wont really make a difference. Its best to play as a group. But when Im solo, if Im on a losing team, Ill just make the beast of it and try and work on my stats/unlocks.

johntown

Banned
I think quitting a warzone counts as a loss so quitting or losing wont really make a difference. Its best to play as a group. But when Im solo, if Im on a losing team, Ill just make the beast of it and try and work on my stats/unlocks.
It does not count as a loss. It shows in the amount of games you have played but counts towards nothing.

I don't care if I lose or win as long as the game is balanced. What's terrible is when you got stuck with people who doesn't even try to play the game.
Killzone is a game where even if you don't got skill you can still win or put a good fight by just doing some basic things like using the spawn beacon, staying grouped or defend the objectives.
The issue is some players just play classic warzone like it's FFA DM so even if you are the best player of the game, you can do nothing if you're facing more than two players who know how to play. Sometimes, you've got more than five players who plays together against you and you're stuck with a team of noobs and it's the most frustrating thing ever.

It's crazy when you are the only green name in the top 7 of the leaderboard and it always happen.

You can't even try doing the objectives and scoring some points because you're so overwhelmed. It's impossible for one man to kill three people in a row, plant the bomb, destroy the ennemy spawn beacon and protect the objective while your ennemies keep reviving, spawning, planting turrets and shields, and throwing grenades at you, I don't even want to speak about the damn scouts.

Those games are nightmares.

Yesterday I was so frustrated that I harrassed some noob who was camping at the base instead of doing the objectives. My only pleasure in this game was to keep this poor dude from enjoying the game. In the end it worked because he got away and I could play with him.
There's also the typical noob who want to melee kill someone instead of just shooting him and covering you.
We don't care how you kill a guy, just kill him as soon as possible and don't do it after he got time to defuse the bomb or kill two of your teammates FFS.

One time I got killed by melee surrounded by four of my teammates ...
I felt save and was preparing an attack on an objective but nope, even with four teammates nearby you still need to think about the possibility of someone backstabbing you ...

ref

Ilúvatar;94539451 said:
Ref, did you properly secure the console during the drive? I had a PS3 die on me when I was heading back to school because I just put it in the trunk. Learned my lesson and that day and now the consoles stay up front with me when I travel >_>

I had mine in my trunk........ but it wasn't a bumpy ride at all. Had some clothes on top of it as well, but who knows...

Oh man that sucks! I was looking forward to playing some comp matches with you.

Hopefully you can get a new one soon!

Yeah man, I was totally down to some scrims even if it meant us getting owned by the 'pros', lol. I tried a little of BF4 and COD MP before and the MP was just so boring compared to KZ. It's been a while since I had such a great time playing MP with people in a FPS.

Sent my PS4 in this morning so hopefully it won't take too long.

Anyone else think that there are certain aspects of Warzone that are just flat out unfair?

I was playing a match yesterday and the destroy mission came up (forgot the actual name, the one where one team defends two points and the other has to set the bombs) but we were unsuccessful in planting the bombs, then the mode changed to where we were on defense and the destroy points remained the exact same ones...

So basically we had to defend two points where the other team was already dug in...that's complete BS.

It's fair because it's impossible to defend flawlessly two spots at the same time in 7vs7.

The game is really balanced in itself and very fair if only people started to use the tools instead of running like headless chicken.

It become unfair when one side is using all the tools (spawn beacon, revive drone, turrets, shields, grenades etc...) and the other just rush from base spawn and fall in the same trap deaths after deaths.

The game really shines when both sides struggle to defend or take over some objective because you don't need to know how to kill, just how to use some basic tools.

johntown

Banned
I don't care if I lose or win as long as the game is balanced. What's terrible is when you got stuck with people who doesn't even try to play the game.
Killzone is a game where even if you don't got skill you can still win or put a good fight by just doing some basic things like using the spawn beacon, staying grouped or defend the objectives.
The issue is some players just play classic warzone like it's FFA DM so even if you are the best player of the game, you can do nothing if you're facing more than two players who know how to play. Sometimes, you've got more than five players who plays together against you and you're stuck with a team of noobs and it's the most frustrating thing ever.

It's crazy when you are the only green name in the top 7 of the leaderboard and it always happen.

You can't even try doing the objectives and scoring some points because you're so overwhelmed. It's impossible for one man to kill three people in a row, plant the bomb, destroy the ennemy spawn beacon and protect the objective while your ennemies keep reviving, spawning, planting turrets and shields, and throwing grenades at you, I don't even want to speak about the damn scouts.

Those games are nightmares.

Yesterday I was so frustrated that I harrassed some noob who was camping at the base instead of doing the objectives. My only pleasure in this game was to keep this poor dude from enjoying the game. In the end it worked because he got away and I could play with him.
There's also the typical noob who want to melee kill someone instead of just shooting him and covering you.
We don't care how you kill a guy, just kill him as soon as possible and don't do it after he got time to defuse the bomb or kill two of your teammates FFS.

One time I got killed by melee surrounded by four of my teammates ...
I felt save and was preparing an attack on an objective but nope, even with four teammates nearby you still need to think about the possibility of someone backstabbing you ...
It's a highly tactical shooter. Spawns make a huge difference and are the most important thing to winning. Not just placing spawns anywhere either. They have to be placed in good locations.

Just watch when you play with a team running no spawns or just one person you will most likely lose.

That is why GG upped the points to 75 per spawn assist to try and get people to use them more.

Once new players figure this out and find the best places to put them the games will be a lot better.

Really good games last night with some of you guys.

Add me the ones who doesn't have me on your friend list already:

PSN ID: CRAZY_SPIRIT.

This game MP is really, really good when you have a good team to play with.

It's a highly tactical shooter. Spawns make a huge difference and are the most important thing to winning. Not just placing spawns anywhere either. They have to be placed in good locations.

Just watch when you play with a team running no spawns or just one person you will most likely lose.

That is why GG upped the points to 75 per spawn assist to try and get people to use them more.

Once new players figure this out and find the best places to put them the games will be a lot better.

Some people don't even use them or they don't understand why I a put it in some place.
In their defense, the game don't really teach the player how to play and the 24 players TDM is really not helping.

zlatko

Banned
I played a lot of Shadowfall, but got BF4 for an early xmas gift and haven't touched it since.

Strange too, because I think Shadowfall is a fun game, but I think my overall experience with KZ MP's has been they aren't addictive in nature to sustain my interest for the long haul.

The game just needs more "internet glitter" or customization options. Custom Helghast/Vecta character appearances, gun camos, more accessible emblems, titles, etc. Yes I know that's a copy of CoD/BF but those little trinkets give me something to work towards and I enjoy unlocking those cosmetic things as I play to keep popping the disc back in.

A few display pics just aren't enough.

That said I do plan to play this game back and forth with BF4 since this is a different more zeroed in experience for me. Far less thinking involved even in just simple TDM.

RoeBear

I played a lot of Shadowfall, but got BF4 for an early xmas gift and haven't touched it since.

Strange too, because I think Shadowfall is a fun game, but I think my overall experience with KZ MP's has been they aren't addictive in nature to sustain my interest for the long haul.

The game just needs more "internet glitter" or customization options. Custom Helghast/Vecta character appearances, gun camos, more accessible emblems, titles, etc. Yes I know that's a copy of CoD/BF but those little trinkets give me something to work towards and I enjoy unlocking those cosmetic things as I play to keep popping the disc back in.

A few display pics just aren't enough.

That said I do plan to play this game back and forth with BF4 since this is a different more zeroed in experience for me. Far less thinking involved even in just simple TDM.

I could understand why changing your characters looks can be interesting, but in a first person shooter I see it as irrelevant. 3rd person shooters you are always able to view your own character and see what it looks like. In first person shooters if you ever see your own character you're either dead or your game is doing something wrong.

zlatko

Banned
I could understand why changing your characters looks can be interesting, but in a first person shooter I see it as irrelevant. 3rd person shooters you are always able to view your own character and see what it looks like. In first person shooters if you ever see your own character you're either dead or your game is doing something wrong.

I play with a buddy and it's nice to see our characters running around the field in a unique fashion.

Even then, more gun customization in terms of just appearance for it would be nice even for FPS, and it's nice to see a more pronounced kind of emblem/logo next to your name in lobbies waiting for it to load up.

It's all little stuff, but I am unfortunately a carrot on the end of the stick type of player. The only FPS where the coregameplay and unlocks don't matter to me is Halo, but even then Halo has tons of fun unlocks for customization since Reach hit.

The only extra stuff I want is:

-more Drone skins
-Finishing Moves (Pie to the Face, please!)
-and maybe Holo/ACOG reticules.

I don't see my character while I play, so fancy armor or whatever doesn't mean anything to me. And Guerilla is supposed to bring in more playercard stuff and rank names soon.

Also, Ref, sucks to hear about your loss. Hope you get a working PS4 soon!

The multiplayer element of KZ: SF is absolutely awesome fun. It's a welcome change from the somewhat marred but overall positive experience the single player campaign left me with.

RedAssedApe

Banned
invite me if you want someone who doesnt mind playing support and just spending the whole game reviving and putting up spawn beacons :)

1v1 i'm dead but i played pretty well last night when i had some bros spawning at my back lol

is the shotgun in MP slower than in single player? seems like the fire rater is slower or maybe just me misremembering

I want an end taunt that has you picking up the losing player, dusting him off, and giving him a hug.

I like this idea! I was talking about MK-style Friendship moves in party chat a while ago, this would be perfect. Something dumb like everyone on the screen dancing would be awesome as well.

I want an end taunt that has you picking up the losing player, dusting him off, and giving him a hug.

FRIENDSHIP!

I finally joined a game last night where me and a few other guys were chatting and just the 4 or 5 of us alone talking and communicating kept our team in a winning position. We would stick together with a balanced crew and just mopped the floor with the entire other team.

When this game has good teamwork, there is very little that comes close to it. But then you get games where there is no teamwork and the game is just incredibly frustrating.

Pixels

1 million points crossed!

I think it might take 5+ million to max all abilities and unlock all attachments... Platinum may never come...

Some of the pistols and snipers are truly horrendous and so are their attachment challengs...

Gorilla Games does unlocks bad and they should feel bad! :p

Absolutely this. Sometimes the opposition leader is more than just the least shit of a terrible bunch - as I have been many a time - so some kudos, either giving or receiving, would be a nice touch.

X-Frame

Any tips on unlocking the Punt ACOG scope?

That is the only attachment I have left, I think, but when I check the progress it's still at 0/5 for head shots. Who goes for head shots on that gun?! Why is that even a challenge requirement?!

That is the only attachment I have left, I think, but when I check the progress it's still at 0/5 for head shots. Who goes for head shots on that gun?! Why is that even a challenge requirement?!

If you can flank people from behind or get people while they are arming/disarming, you might stand a better chance. But yeah, a headshot challenge for a OHK gun is dumb.

test_account

XP-39C²
About giving a hug, you could always fail the execution move, then you top player on the losing team gets some reward, so to speak.

If you can flank people from behind or get people while they are arming/disarming, you might stand a better chance. But yeah, a headshot challenge for a OHK gun is dumb.
Thats what makes it a challenge though :) But yeah, shooting people while they plant the bomb or something, or flank them, those are probably the easiest ways indeed.

Moofers

Man when the hell is the horde mode dlc coming out? It's the most appealing multiplayer mode for me and it's not even out! C'mon guys I'm dying here!

Artorias

Banned

The place I got the most was during the arm/defuse the bomb in the Penthouse. There are so many good hiding places there, and that 3 seconds it takes to arm/defuse is perfect to get your shot in.

Still a pain in the ass but it only took me a few games after I started playing that way. Trying to get it naturally was just too frustrating.

meaning you can enable it? heh

I haven't tried it since I do party chat with GAF. But apparently it works, although I'm sure not everyone who plays is aware of this new feature. And according to one GAFfer, some random on chat was just swearing and calling everyone who killed him a cheater. And another GAFfer said he and his team used it to great effect and won the match. So, YMMV.

Top Bottom