• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

So I was looking at the new personalization things for fun (no intention to buy anything) then I saw this

Radec voicepack

I'm a weak man. I don't know if I can resist.

So I was looking at the new personalization things for fun (no intention to buy anything) then I saw this

Radec voicepack

I was excited when I saw this, too. But this voice pack replaces your own character's chatter (Placing spawn beacon here! Reloading! Etc) and not the team announcer, at least according to the item description.

But fuck it, will probably buy it anyways if it's < 2.00. And maybe the female VSA too, since I don't like the default voice (Kellan's).

I was excited when I saw this, too. But this voice pack replaces your own character's chatter (Placing spawn beacon here! Reloading! Etc) and not the team announcer, at least according to the item description.

But fuck it, will probably buy it anyways if it's < 2.00. And maybe the female VSA too, since I don't like the default voice (Kellan's).

Both sound awesome to me!

I haven't tried it since I do party chat with GAF. But apparently it works, although I'm sure not everyone who plays is aware of this new feature. And according to one GAFfer, some random on chat was just swearing and calling everyone who killed him a cheater. And another GAFfer said he and his team used it to great effect and won the match. So, YMMV.

So far I've had good experiences with the in-game voice chat. Most of the guys I've talked to have been co-operative and will go for the objective with me, call out enemies, etc. Haven't yet run into anyone abusing the chat, but if there was, it's simple enough to mute them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Radec voicepack

I'm going probably going to buy the Radec one too but then also get the Rico one to punish myself for paying for something so pointless.

The woman is Admiral Grey from Mercenary, right? No way do I want to play as her.

I'm going probably going to buy the Radec one too but then also get the Rico one to punish myself for paying for something so pointless.

The woman is Admiral Grey from Mercenary, right? No way do I want to play as her.

I thought about getting Rico to troll the team, but I'd just be trolling myself. And is the female voice really Grey? I hated her in Mercenary. I thought it would be a generic soldier, same as the Helghan female. I need to hear a preview before I buy.

I thought about getting Rico to troll the team, but I'd just be trolling myself. And is the female voice really Grey? I hated her in Mercenary. I thought it would be a generic soldier, same as the Helghan female. I need to hear a preview before I buy.

I got a dollar that says the Helghan female turns out to be Echo

So.....This might be the best MP game I am playing right now.
I have BF4, and CODG and they are always my go to games but when I come home I find myself always booting up KZ.

Crazy

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So.....This might be the best MP game I am playing right now.
I have BF4, and CODG and they are always my go to games but when I come home I find myself always booting up KZ.

Crazy

BF is pretty much the only MP game I seriously play but I haven't even booted it up since I got into this. Hell, I've barely even played other games. I really wish more people were playing and appreciated it. I'm tired of this game getting shit on all the time. The MP alone makes it an awesome launch title.

BF is pretty much the only MP game I seriously play but I haven't even booted it up since I got into this. Hell, I've barely even played other games. I really wish more people were playing and appreciated it. I'm tired of this game getting shit on all the time. The MP alone makes it an awesome launch title.

I think the SP is a respectable 7/10 but the MP is a 8 almost 9 if it brought back some of the grittiness of KZ2.

That said though I am really loving it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think the SP is a respectable 7/10 but the MP is a 8 almost 9 if it brought back some of the grittiness of KZ2.

That said though I am really loving it.

I agree. SP is solid but not spectacular (but a big step up from KZ3) and the MP is really great if you get into it. It just depresses me to see people saying that the series should be canned and GG should be closed. I've never seen a game get that much hate and it pisses me off to no end.

I agree. SP is solid but not spectacular (but a big step up from KZ3) and the MP is really great if you get into it. It just depresses me to see people saying that the series should be canned and GG should be closed. I've never seen a game get that much hate and it pisses me off to no end.

Vocal minority. It really is man. None of my friends know what gaf is and they are enjoying it a lot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Vocal minority. It really is man. None of my friends know what gaf is and they are enjoying it a lot.

Good, I just feel bad for the devs that have to put up with it since it's a good series. I spent an hour writing up where I think the series should go from here (even though no one read it LOL) because I see a lot of potential in it.

I think the series is relatively popular in the people that fit between the hardcore and casual audiences, people that play a lot of games but don't follow the industry much. I met quite a few people in college that love the series and I never would have expected them to have even heard of it. I'm just glad that it seems SF is selling well. It almost matched KZ3's debut in the US on an install base a tiny fraction of the size up against CoD and BF.

Love MP. It's fast becoming my favourite multi player game of all time.

What's everyone's thoughts about receiving a grenade after being revived?

Good, I just feel bad for the devs that have to put up with it since it's a good series. I spent an hour writing up where I think the series should go from here (even though no one read it LOL) because I see a lot of potential in it.

I think the series is relatively popular in the people that fit between the hardcore and casual audiences, people that play a lot of games but don't follow the industry much. I met quite a few people in college that love the series and I never would have expected them to have even heard of it. I'm just glad that it seems SF is selling well. It almost matched KZ3's debut in the US on an install base a tiny fraction of the size up against CoD and BF.

WW its going to make them a nice chunk of change and they know they screwed up with the SP. There are parts in there that are so half baked its almost comical.

If they make another they know what they have to do.

I was pretty impressed as soon as I turned on my ps4 ( I don't keep it on standby) it started downloading the new patch immediately as the live area loaded. Once it finished I clicked the file and the game started, so I take it there's no installation like on ps3?

Love MP. It's fast becoming my favourite multi player game of all time.

What's everyone's thoughts about receiving a grenade after being revived?

Glad to hear other GAFfers share my love of the MP!

Getting a grenade back after being revived feels cheap and should be taken out. I feel you shouldn't get a grenade or replenished ammo when you revive. And the "I turn around to face the opposite direction" animation that happens after a revive is horrible and needs to be taken out.

Glad to hear other GAFfers share my love of the MP!

Getting a grenade back after being revived feels cheap and should be taken out. I feel you shouldn't get a grenade or replenished ammo when you revive. And the "I turn around to face the opposite direction" animation that happens after a revive is horrible and needs to be taken out.

Yeah, what the hell is that all about. So disorienting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
WW its going to make them a nice chunk of change and they know they screwed up with the SP. There are parts in there that are so half baked its almost comical.

GG is a studio that needs time. KZ2 didn't have the consistency issues of 3 or SF since they took as long as they needed to Cambridge took a good deal of time with Merc as well and it paid off. I hope they just let the next entry cook for a while and launch it as far away from BF and CoD as they can. I just hope they listen to the criticisms of people who actually like the series and FPS in general as opposed to the people who just picked it up because it's the prettiest launch game.

ref

Does anybody know if the scrims against PKY Johntown was setting up ever went down tonight? Would have liked to have been there, even if we were getting rolled, love how much this game relies on team work against a good squad. I love the Assault weapons and said I was going to probably main Assault after I got the platinum, but I really came to like Support. I love the versatility. I find placing spawn beacons infinitely rewarding for some reason.

No news yet about my PS4 unfortunately, paid extra for priority shipping to them because I want it back ASAP. Also, did some last minute Christmas shopping today at Best Buy and picked up a Bone. Yep, you know which one I'm talking about. They had millions in stock, figured I'd grab one and see what's up, can always return it later, but at least it gives me something to fool around with in the mean time. Pro-tip: If you have one, add me! (Rehff)

It's nice to see though that there appears to be daily GAF parties still, hopefully some of you will still be playing when I get back!

rdrr gnr

GG doesn't deserve another chance with the SP. They are simply incapable of greatness in that aspect. It's been half a fucking decade and three games. You could take some posts verbatim and apply them after the launch of 2 and 3 and they would be perfectly applicable. "But the universe is cool." "They'll get it right with the next game." "Here's what they need to do." "Hire better writers." I don't get why people don't approach the game from an opportunity cost mindset. A fresh new IP built from the ground up with the lessons they've learned from Killzone (I'd argue they've learned nothing) at the expense of the next entry in mediocre shooter franchise? Who wouldn't take that deal?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Apologies to those I played with. I didn't know what I was doing with the beacon retrieval. For some reason I thought it was like oddball in Halo where the team who held the beacon the longest won so I was hiding out in a trench trying not to die. Apparently it's more like ctf?

Also I can hear you guys in the party chat but I can't really tell if anyone could hear me. Could you guys hear me? Lol

Baliis

Apologies to those I played with. I didn't know what I was doing with the beacon retrieval. For some reason I thought it was like oddball in Halo where the team who held the beacon the longest won so I was hiding out in a trench trying not to die. Apparently it's more like ctf?

Also I can hear you guys in the party chat but I can't really tell if anyone could hear me. Could you guys hear me? Lol

There's actually 3 beacon modes. One you have to pick it up from the middle-ish and take it to the enemy base, there's only one beacon (Classic Warzone). One is more CTF, two beacons take the enemies and bring it back (24 man Warzone). The third is like odd ball where it's grab and hold (24 Extended Warzone).

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's actually 3 beacon modes. One you have to pick it up from the middle-ish and take it to the enemy base, there's only one beacon (Classic Warzone). One is more CTF, two beacons take the enemies and bring it back (24 man Warzone). The third is like odd ball where it's grab and hold (24 Extended Warzone).

Ah maybe that was why I was confused. I think Kilgore was yelling at me to get moving because time was about to expire. Lol

Do you get points for holding the beacon in all modes? It was my first time ever grabbing a beacon...but yeah I think we were playing classic.

INCUBA3E

Banned
Still looking for kzsf mic users for teamplay

Im happy to roll with any vlass. Just want ao e team mates

Add me up: PSN is gaf name

T-0800

People can say what they like. This game will sell well and that's all that matters really.

CozMick

Banned
Man, What the Fuck did GG do to the Scout class?

Cloaked rambo, invisible until it's too late. Please god bring back KZ2/3s mechanics.

INCUBA3E

Banned
Man, What the Fuck did GG do to the Scout class?

Cloaked rambo, invisible until it's too late. Please god bring back KZ2/3s mechanics.

The whole class is stupid. Tactical echo is the only useful team ability

Scout is a point less class. Wish it had disguise with/instead of cloak

Or give it the spawn beacon so It has something to do. I hate cloaked rambos

The whole class is stupid. Tactical echo is the only useful team ability

Scout is a point less class. Wish it had disguise with/instead of cloak

Or give it the spawn beacon so It has something to do. I hate cloaked rambos

Yeah, I think giving Scout the spawn beacon would be a good move. Support almost has too much stuff. Want to be a sniper? Take cloak and a sniper rifle. Want to be a scout? Take the burst SMG and the spawn beacon.

Foxix Von

Gentlemen, that was certainly some intense, intelligent and meaningful discourse that occurred tonight. The debates were heated but I'm glad we all resolved our differences for the betterment of our community.

RoeBear

Gentlemen, that was certainly some intense, intelligent and meaningful discourse that occurred tonight. The debates were heated but I'm glad we all resolved our differences for the betterment of our community.

It truly shows how Killzone can spark the most intellectual discussions.

Man I'm really surprised at the lack if spawn points in any match. In KZ2 there's always at least 2 spawn points at any given time in any mode. If you wanted to put your own spawn grenade you had to do it as soon as the other point expired or someone else will do it, usually within a second or two. People used to combine boost pill with Tact and run full sprint into objective area just to get the spawn point as close to obj as possible even if it meant losing one life. What happened to that old crowd?

Foxix Von

It truly shows how Killzone can spark the most intellectual discussions.

Agreed, I learned so much tonight about so many things.
wC59JGt.gif

leng jai

Man, What the Fucka did GG do to the Scout class?

Ever since the last patch all I see is cloaked scouts charging me every 2 seconds. It's getting ridiculous.

Assault also has useless abilities but at least they have the best weapons. I suppose the shield is good but the playstyle it produces is garbage.

Man I'm really surprised at the lack if spawn points in any match. In KZ2 there's always at least 2 spawn points at any given time in any mode. If you wanted to put your own spawn grenade you had to do it as soon as the other point expired or someone else will do it, usually within a second or two. People used to combine boost pill with Tact and run full sprint into objective area just to get the spawn point as close to obj as possible even if it meant losing one life. What happened to that old crowd?
it's like the lack of medics who can't revive in Battlefield, spawning in Killzone has taken a back seat to the other abilities so the average player won't run it. In KZ2 you had no choice. In BF3 you couldn't play assault without the defib, but no you don't so almost no one uses it

I on the other hand have already maxed out just that ability, becasue it's all I do. I've single-handedly turned the tides of most battles I played becasue if I wasn't dropping spawns no one does. I barely get to touch the assault class and don't think I've played more than 5 seconds of recon. Shit sucks but what can you do. I play with randoms mostly so it's support or nothing

INCUBA3E

Banned
Ever since the last patch all I see is cloaked scouts charging me every 2 seconds. It's getting ridiculous.

Assault also has useless abilities but at least they have the best weapons. I suppose the shield is good but the playstyle it produces is garbage.

Stun blast is very useful. But people use it wrong half the time. Best using for bots and shields. Instant disable, handy for SnD

Loomba

Just got the HE Grenade Launcher attachment, so gooooood. Would be better if it didn't need the space of the titanic to fire correctly, but hey.

Top Bottom