• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Ever since the last patch all I see is cloaked scouts charging me every 2 seconds. It's getting ridiculous.

Assault also has useless abilities but at least they have the best weapons. I suppose the shield is good but the playstyle it produces is garbage.

Stun blast and sprint are two of the best abilities in the game.

CozMick

Banned
1,000,000 sales, 1500 people playing TDM, 500 playing warzone.

Starting to think infinite playlists was an incredibly silly idea. :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Making 24 player TDM at the top of the list is ruining the community. They should have a better UI for sorting GG modes, featured community warzones, and banish TDM somewhere.

meppi

The whole class is stupid. Tactical echo is the only useful team ability

Scout is a point less class. Wish it had disguise with/instead of cloak

Or give it the spawn beacon so It has something to do. I hate cloaked rambos

I actually love the scout's stun buddy/ tag scan combo.
It's especially helpful in seek & destroy, both attack and defence.
It can work very well for capture & hold as well depending on the map.

dr guildo

MP is awesome, I'm so addicted to...
45765.gif
122215.gif

My fav weapons :
M55 Rumbler (I use it with Acog)
460px-M55-assault-rifle-01.png

STA 409 (I use it with Acog)
StA-55-1_zpsa943df62.png

Both weapons above are very accurate, with nearly no recoil, and when they are equipped with Acog, you become a beast. And if you mix them with a nano-shield and support drone, then you become a nightmare for your foes ! So handy, they're candies !

pnv06-petrusite-cannon
462px-Kzsf_in_2013-09-13_pnv06-petrusite-cannon_01.png

Wow, that one is so pleasurable, its particle effect, its noize, its design, its zoom-in, its efficiency at close range as well as mid and high range.

And the STA 59B for the support class. When you attach to it the mobile mine, it becomes formidable.

My fav feature :
Nano Shield
Mobile mine

Everdred

I'm so confused by this. Multi player is so good and warzone is the much better game mode. I think the unlimited warzone was brilliant but there just aren't enough people playing online.

I would love the warzone setup in Halo.

dr guildo

I'm so confused by this. Multi player is so good and warzone is the much better game mode. I think the unlimited warzone was brilliant but there just aren't enough people playing online.

I would love the warzone setup in Halo.

It's indeed a pity that so much people focused on TDM only. Warzone is far better for a good utilization of each class's skill.

dr guildo

Thanks a lot, I was looking for something like this, what a coincidence !

This is my contribution on this site, I have asked for that :

Increase the size of ammo supply crates

Ammo crates are too small when they are laid on the ground, nobody can't see them, you have to increase their size so that they could look like crates in KZ3. For the time being, they are usefull only for one who deploy it, because he is the only one to have this information as they are hard to spot...

Thanks a lot, I was looking for something like this, what a coincidence !

This is my contribution on this site, I have asked for that :

If there was a DLC skin that made the supply box look like a BBQ grill, I'd totally buy it. No one on my team would not be able to spot it then!

johntown

Banned
Does anybody know if the scrims against PKY Johntown was setting up ever went down tonight? Would have liked to have been there, even if we were getting rolled, love how much this game relies on team work against a good squad. I love the Assault weapons and said I was going to probably main Assault after I got the platinum, but I really came to like Support. I love the versatility. I find placing spawn beacons infinitely rewarding for some reason.

No news yet about my PS4 unfortunately, paid extra for priority shipping to them because I want it back ASAP. Also, did some last minute Christmas shopping today at Best Buy and picked up a Bone. Yep, you know which one I'm talking about. They had millions in stock, figured I'd grab one and see what's up, can always return it later, but at least it gives me something to fool around with in the mean time. Pro-tip: If you have one, add me! (Rehff)

It's nice to see though that there appears to be daily GAF parties still, hopefully some of you will still be playing when I get back!
That specific game never went down. Pika chu never got online from what I saw.

However, we played against another top team with semi competitive rules ( like really only spawn and speed enabled). Reaper142, fernie24, ralkion, dehmuffinman and Mr_eggs. First game it was 2-4 and yeah we lost. Second game we tied 4-4 but they lost ralkion on maybe the last two missions.

Those guys are some of the highest rated players who play Killzone and lots of the missions were so close. We only lost a few by seconds.

I spoke to reaper after the game and he told me they beat all other teams except PKY. So if we would have played PKY we might have been rolled.

zlatko

Banned
If I had to vote for one thing it would be that support shouldn't get so much points for everything they do.

I don't play the other classes much anymore as I can always get first place being Support. Most kills, biggest k streaks, tons of points, heals, revives, etc. I just destroy with that, and anytime I look generally the first place spot goes to a support.

Arklite

If I had to vote for one thing it would be that support shouldn't get so much points for everything they do.

I don't play the other classes much anymore as I can always get first place being Support. Most kills, biggest k streaks, tons of points, heals, revives, etc. I just destroy with that, and anytime I look generally the first place spot goes to a support.

They could tone it down a notch, but even so I don't have a problem with Support getting the credit, especially if you're playing with randoms and practically running the show yourself.

They could tone it down a notch, but even so I don't have a problem with Support getting the credit, especially if you're playing with randoms and practically running the show yourself.

Exactly. People need incentives to be team players it seems... Not that it seems to be working much when playing with randoms...

TyrantII

What do incendiary rounds do for shotty? Just more damage? Is there a reason not to use it once unlocked?

They are slighty less damage per round with a chance of a critical hit that lights the enemy on fire with a cool fire particle effect with damage over time.

I've hit but not killed slightly damaged opponates and its ended up killing them a second later.

Use L1 to switch rounds, you'll see a diamond reticule.

I just wish the fire was able to spread to others when enemies bunch up tightly. It be great for anti-camping and choke points.

I think this is an acquired taste, but over the past several days I have had a great time playing the multiplayer. Absolutely glad I picked up the game and have held onto it.

I usually lay out a spawn point and then swap to assault. If I'm lucky, I get in a game where a random works in tandem and we stagger our points a little. I'm not a fan of those LMG style weapons .

Remf

Freaking love this game. Consistently in the top 3 using support class and I've gotten good at identifying choke points so I'm more effective with my kills.

Add me if u want: remf

Nobody in competitive warzone and more people in TDM than the main 2 warzones put together. -_-
Speaking of competitive warzone I feel they could up the player count a little and they really need to reduce the amount of points you need to win a capture mission. It's impossible to actually win that way you just have to run the timer down.

Sorry if this was already asked/answered but how the hell do you use alt fire in multiplayer?

L1 I think.

Kaji

Unable to access playstation network zzzzzzzzzz, just want to get a few rounds in before doing the Christmas drive around to all the family.

johntown

Banned
Nobody in competitive warzone and more people in TDM than the main 2 warzones put together. -_-
Speaking of competitive warzone I feel they could up the player count a little and they really need to reduce the amount of points you need to win a capture mission. It's impossible to actually win that way you just have to run the timer down.
All the competitive players create their own customs servers to play each other.

FroJay

Banned
Is anyone getting network errors? I'm unable to join any game. Also, I get a maintenece error when navigating the PS store.

Can't play Killzone either. I wanted to get in a few round before all the festivities begin, but alas the day before Christmas and Killzone isn't working. I was able to login and play WarFrame, but no luck with Killzone. Come on Sony! I love the multiplayer and strategy in this game online, much better than COD.

Erban1

Gonna add a bunch of you guys next time I get on...I've only played a few rounds, but I can already tell this is a game that rewards team play. Psn is Moneyman232

People are so dumb, I play this game as a social experiment because I have no friends. TDM is fun when you're the only one planting spawn beacon, I love planting it near doors and with 11 people trying to get through together.

Top Bottom