• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Soften them up with your primary weapon first.

Or play sidearms and explosives.

All the competitive players create their own customs servers to play each other.
And how do I join one of these? I've added people from GAF but haven't seen much of them online. Also, I'm probably not good enough to play super competitively but I like the reduced player count and lack of turrets and drones in competitive warzone.

johntown

Banned
And how do I join one of these? I've added people from GAF but haven't seen much of them online. Also, I'm probably not good enough to play super competitively but I like the reduced player count and lack of turrets and drones in competitive warzone.
Either get enough people in two parties to play or know people who play competitively.

Once they add clan support this should be a lot easier to do.

I'm up for some late night matches tonight ( late night for me GMT+1 here )

The last ones I had with you guys where just fantastic.

PSN ID: CRAZY_SPIRIT

Do your challenges/stats count if you quit a game?

They do. They don't count if you game crashes, you quit the app, or otherwise disconnect.

I've lost about 40 kills from my air drone from my game crashing at inopportune times. Would be done with the fucking 400 kill challenge by now if it wasn't for that.

thenexus6

1) My system gets quite loud when I jump on MP, is that normal?

2) Does like no one talk on this game...?

3) Add me I need friends to play with! the-nexus6

johntown

Banned
So use a technique on them... Kinda show show weak the second arm is to begin with
:p :/ :(
The pistol is not supposed to be really powerful to begin with. If you want a powerful pistol use the Punt or Judaz.

You don't need any buffs with pistols if you have good footwork or accuracy. I rarely use them but don't think I have ever used buffs to kill people with them.

The Valk however I almost have to use a buff to get kills for that thing.

Both weapons above are very accurate, with nearly no recoil, and when they are equipped with Acog, you become a beast. And if you mix them with a nano-shield and support drone, then you become a nightmare for your foes ! So handy, they're candies !

If the support drone does shit all for you, count yourself lucky. In my experience, it is the single most useless thing in the game.

I have 750 kills, and I would say I've played the assault class with the drone ability for 80% of that.

I have 20 drone kills. Total. Still stuck on level one for that ability.

I have hit the ability standing behind an enemy looking in the other direction it does not fire.

I have had it equipped already heading into battle, and I have single-handedly taken out the entire group without the drone registering a single kill.

Useless.

RedAssedApe

Banned
If the support drone does shit all for you, count yourself lucky. In my experience, it is the single most useless thing in the game.

I have 750 kills, and I would say I've played the assault class with the drone ability for 80% of that.

I have 20 drone kills. Total. Still stuck on level one for that ability.

I have hit the ability standing behind an enemy looking in the other direction it does not fire.

I have had it equipped already heading into battle, and I have single-handedly taken out the entire group without the drone registering a single kill.

Useless.

Wouldn't say its useless. It can be a useful distraction. :)

meppi

Aw man, just had another share feature failure. :(
Got a killstreak of 16 in under a minute and it recorded every game before and afterwards, except for this one...

On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's my lucky day or what, but there are so many noobs out there right now. Pretty fun. ;)

And after knife fail part one, I present you with the sequel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmzaBXSlrY

Baliis

The pistol is not supposed to be really powerful to begin with. If you want a powerful pistol use the Punt or Judaz.

As much as I was complaining about the punt last night in my quest to get head shots with it, I've really learned to love it in combo with the Vultur. It actually has a pretty crazy range on it for a one shot kill and can kill multiple people at once if they're close enough. Use it with the echo to find targets and stun drone in close range, swap to your rifle for some quick two shot kills if you need it. At one point against a shitty team, I was camping like 3 exits from their base on the Wall with just the punt.

Aw man, just had another share feature failure. :(
Got a killstreak of 16 in under a minute and it recorded every game before and afterwards, except for this one...

On the other hand, I'm not sure if it's my lucky day or what, but there are so many noobs out there right now. Pretty fun. ;)

And after knife fail part one, I present you with the sequel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmzaBXSlrY

Yeah, I was on and there seems to be an xmas rush of new players.

Unfortunately, they all ended up on my team instead of the other one. :/

the pistol is a beast once you get the laser pointer

I love my close quarters assault setup. SMG and pistol with laser pointer and stunblast

I be clearing out rooms bros

Alright so I just got this game for xmas, never played a Killzone game. I feel like a complete dumbass, but how do I change playercard stuff?

The playercard icon? In the MP menu, go to "My Career" then use R1 to scroll to the Playercard icon section.There you can browse the various icons but you have to unlock them by completing challenges. The challenges required will be listed for the ones you haven't unlocked.

The playercard icon? In the MP menu, go to "My Career" then use R1 to scroll to the Playercard icon section.There you can browse the various icons but you have to unlock them by completing challenges. The challenges required will be listed for the ones you haven't unlocked.

Oh I see. I didnt have anything unlocked yet, thought there was a menu for setting it. Thanks!

In my experience the noobs are more fun to play with than some 400+ challenges players.
At least they follow my lead and are eager to learn.
Every time I played with some experienced player he never planted any beacon and would never hang out with me like I would steal his points or something.
It's infuriating, mostly when you got three experienced players who are always together on the opposite team.

I just want someone to follow me in order to not be flanked, the noobs are great for this purpose.

The remains in 24 TDM is the worst map, every time you got three players camping at the base. What are they doing here? It's not a good sniping point ffs. Go in the wild and help your team.
The map feel so empty because of those campers.

The game is really great but the community is one of the worst. There must be 1% competent players.
Guerilla need to think of something.

Finally got the noob tube. >:[ Man that limpet grenade is useless. It's no semtex that's for sure.

Stunning then sticking them seemed to work alright. Managed to stick a teammate by accident for a kill too.

Huggers

The game is really great but the community is one of the worst. There must be 1% competent players.

Absolute truth. I was capturing a point the other day and one of my team mates was stood just out of range to be helping, I got killed right before I stole the base. Not only would we have made it had he helped but he was a medic and didn't revive me. Worst part was he wasn't a new player

SSReborn

The LSR44 feels kind of weak I feel like a bunch of fully charged shots don't even kill my opponent on contact which kind of defeats the purpose of taking the time to charge all the way.

Absolute truth. I was capturing a point the other day and one of my team mates was stood just out of range to be helping, I got killed right before I stole the base. Not only would we have made it had he helped but he was a medic and didn't revive me. Worst part was he wasn't a new player

God I absolutely hate it when there's medics about and they don't choose to revive you.

And I'm one of the 'Rambo scouts' lol. To be fair, it's fairly easy to see when they're in your field of vision and moving... Most of my Rambo kills are from behind so it's possible to do them uncloaked too

Is their a gaf chat setup for this? If not, let's get one started, I'm eager to play some MP while i'm on christmas break

People usually post that they're forming a chat party in this thread (along with their PSN ID), or just send out invites to the Killzone GAFfers on their friend list. If you haven't added yourself to the Google Docs list (quote the OP to see the link), do that and add a bunch of us. That way we can send invites to you.

test_account

XP-39C²
In my experience the noobs are more fun to play with than some 400+ challenges players.
At least they follow my lead and are eager to learn.
Every time I played with some experienced player he never planted any beacon and would never hang out with me like I would steal his points or something.
It's infuriating, mostly when you got three experienced players who are always together on the opposite team.

I just want someone to follow me in order to not be flanked, the noobs are great for this purpose.

The remains in 24 TDM is the worst map, every time you got three players camping at the base. What are they doing here? It's not a good sniping point ffs. Go in the wild and help your team.
The map feel so empty because of those campers.

What can Guerilla do about this? Honest question. I cant see any solution to be honest. They cant force people to play the game properly (as in trying to complete the objectives).

What can Guerilla do about this? Honest question. I cant see any solution to be honest. They cant force people to play the game properly (as in trying to complete the objectives).

If some team mates are bad, you can start a vote to kick them out. Go to the scoreboard by clicking in the touchpad and then view the player card of the person in question. The option to vote kick will appear there. But that said, I don't know how effective that would be if everyone ignored the vote, especially if they played like that guy did.

meppi

Finally got the noob tube. >:[ Man that limpet grenade is useless. It's no semtex that's for sure.

Stunning then sticking them seemed to work alright. Managed to stick a teammate by accident for a kill too.

Nah, limpets are actually great. Just tough to aim since they don't follow the same trajectory as regular ones.

Buffing stealth was such a terrible decision. Seeing rambo cloaked snipers charging at you 10 times a match is daft.
I have no problem with that whatsoever since it's very easy to spot and most people are way overconfident. It's an easy way to recognise a noob as he's charging straight for you thinking you're gonna let him stab you in the face. ;)

The KZ3 stealth, now that was broken beyond belief.

People usually post that they're forming a chat party in this thread (along with their PSN ID), or just send out invites to the Killzone GAFfers on their friend list. If you haven't added yourself to the Google Docs list (quote the OP to see the link), do that and add a bunch of us. That way we can send invites to you.

I've added my name to the doc, though I think you might want to encourage people to be more proactive than that. I see people playing but rarely get invites. So rather than bother anybody, I just continue playing other games.

KZ is really only fun to me with a group of people, so it's not a big thing. I'm not going to be playing the game unless somebody invites me or I barge my way into an existing party LOL

test_account

XP-39C²
If some team mates are bad, you can start a vote to kick them out. Go to the scoreboard by clicking in the touchpad and then view the player card of the person in question. The option to vote kick will appear there. But that said, I don't know how effective that would be if everyone ignored the vote, especially if they played like that guy did.
That could be a solution, but there are many downsides to it, unfortunately. Like you mention, people can just ignore the vote. It can also be hard to know exactly who isnt doing the objective, and as you also mention, if e.g 5 people on your team ignore the objectives, you cant kick everyone of them. If that happened, your team would have a big disadvantage unless other people are ready to join within 10-15 seconds or so. Vote kicking can also be abused, like if i accidentally block a person, and he/she can be so annoyed that you get a vote kick placed on me. If there is a party going on, then all of their friends might vote and i could get kicked for basically no reason.

I think the biggest problem is when people ignore putting out spawn beacons. If they are available around an objective, i think more people will try to complete the objective.

I've added my name to the doc, though I think you might want to encourage people to be more proactive than that. I see people playing but rarely get invites. So rather than bother anybody, I just continue playing other games.

KZ is really only fun to me with a group of people, so it's not a big thing. I'm not going to be playing the game unless somebody invites me or I barge my way into an existing party LOL

Antitype, I added you to my friends list recently, so I'll be sure to invite you in the future!

Edit- yeah, be pro active, post in this thread that you're going to make a party, send a bunch of invites out. I tend to party up with the same 6-7 GAFfers but would like to play with more of you!

leng jai

Nah, limpets are actually great. Just tough to aim since they don't follow the same trajectory as regular ones.

I have no problem with that whatsoever since it's very easy to spot and most people are way overconfident. It's an easy way to recognise a noob as he's charging straight for you thinking you're gonna let him stab you in the face. ;)

The KZ3 stealth, now that was broken beyond belief.

I didn't say they were OP, just that there was far more of them. Just because they're easy to spot and kill doesn't change the fact it's stupid seeing them charge at you umpteen times in one match.

meppi

I didn't say they were OP, just that there was far more of them. Just because they're easy to spot and kill doesn't change the fact it's stupid seeing them charge at you umpteen times in one match.

Well yeah, but then again no matter what online game you play, there will be tons of stupid people you come across. ;)
As long as they aren't on my team, I don't mind. :p

I'm not sure what happened today, maybe it was the christmas noobs, maybe it was me switching over to 24 player warzone from my normal Classic Warzone, but something finally clicked for this game's multiplayer today and the things that normally bother me didn't bother me at all. Played it for a good few hours.

Just thought Id drop a comment saying how great this game is when playing with Gaf members. Though playing with randoms and winning does feel great too.

A couple of questions that i dont think i picked up on yet,

Can you shoot a revive bot before it revives the enemy and stop it?

Can you shoot Air-bots beacon?

When someone spawns there seems to be a 4-5 sec invincibility to bullets but you can melee them straight away, anyone else notice this?

Just a final thing I found out, that on The Park when inside the building, if you look up you can see a rock wall which allows you to throw your Air-bot beacon onto, having Air-bots inside.

GG could have done a tutorial explaining how to play the game, I was pretty lost at first and the game is huge. I just got the 35h challenge and I didn't even touch the scout class and barely use assault and stun ability.
There should be more warzones, better matchmaking, a way to switch team during match, show in-game who is the best player, add basic instructions like " follow me" "cover me" . They could also kill base campers on the remains.

The game is really well balanced in itself. I don't think people don't want to win, they just don't know how to do better and there is nothing to teach them.

Better players are in parties steamrollin frustrated noobs and it will be worse and worse.

Experienced players are part of the problem too, the other day there was a party of four or five players trolling the other team really bad with pistol only or some weird weapon. They didn't even aim for objectives, they just wanted to humiliate noobs...
I got some good kills on them because they were predictable but all alone it was pointless. If only two of my teammates dared follow me, we could have forced them to play seriously.

The main problem with this game is that the noobs are staying noobs even after playing a lot. I don't like handholding in games but more focus seriously need to be put on all the abilities and how do they work.

I don't think I'm a good player, I just started playing killzone three weeks ago but I'm always a top player and it shouldn't be this way.

Just thought Id drop a comment saying how great this game is when playing with Gaf members. Though playing with randoms and winning does feel great too.

A couple of questions that i dont think i picked up on yet,

Can you shoot Air-bots beacon?

When someone spawns there seems to be a 4-5 sec invincibility to bullets but you can melee them straight away, anyone else notice this?

Just a final thing I found out, that on The Park when inside the building, if you look up you can see a rock wall which allows you to throw your Air-bot beacon onto, having Air-bots inside.

Yes. And there are challenges for destroying revive bots as well.

Oh my god, I almost never play Scout, but I realized I wanted the Stahl playercard icon. So I was trying to get 25 kills with the Vultur, realize 3/4 through a round I had been using the Kahmeraad the entire time....

Baliis

You can shoot the bot, but it wont cancel the revive if the person has already accepted which is kinda dumb.

Top Bottom