• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Baliis

So has there been a noticeable increase in players for Christmas? I didn't get to play today.

Yes, there's still >400 in classic and 24 warzone, over 1k in TDM, it's usually sub 300 for warzone by now. Seeing tons of people with sub 50 challenges

Robot Pants

Got a 20 Killstreak a few minutes ago! Thought I'd never get it that high.
God damn. I think my highest is like 12. I prefer to be constantly moving and running though haha. Stupid strategy. Come that free weekend though, those killstreaks will be mine.
I haven't played in a good week and a half and I can't wait to get back to it

RedAssedApe

Banned
ugh...after playing with gaf-ers jumping in with randoms was super annoying. as everyone else has observed now one puts down spawn beacons and everyone plays it like tdm.

i was the top player in my last warzone (thats how bad my team was) and we lost 0-5 so I had the pleasure of getting killed in front of everyone lol

RedAssedApe

Banned
Good games tonight! Sorry if it seemed like I ignored you on chat. Your voice sounded really low on the mic, it was kinda hard to hear you

No worries. Just listening to you guys do call outs and stuff was very helpful. Much better than playing with randoms who don't even play the objectives or never revive or use spawn beacons. -_-

I'm not super chatty anyhow. That plus I don't know the maps yet so if I did say something it probably wasn't saying anything that useful lol

It was fun though. I'm starting to learn how to play alright. I might actually be able to play as other classes if I play with other GAFers :)

cmr-94

God, the map design has taken such a backward step from KZ2 it's worrying. what happened?

They are basically like cod maps. ie. small and congested

God, the map design has taken such a backward step from KZ2 it's worrying. what happened?

They are basically like cod maps. ie. small and congested

I think its a good mix of small and medium maps. Theres no big maps though like Saluman Market or the desert map (forgot the name). With a 24 player cap though, large maps would be boring as hell.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish the text above your teammates was larger. I don't think my eyes are that bad but sometimes I really have a hard time identifying teammates. heh

I could have sworn that they said that the latest patch updated the game to show your teammates in blue on the mini-map. Or was it only on the scoreboard?

Rubenov

I wish the text above your teammates was larger. I don't think my eyes are that bad but sometimes I really have a hard time identifying teammates. heh

I could have sworn that they said that the latest patch updated the game to show your teammates in blue on the mini-map. Or was it only on the scoreboard?

It's funny to get shot at by teammates thinking you'e the enemy.

It has happened to me as well -_-

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's funny to get shot at by teammates thinking you'e the enemy.

It has happened to me as well -_-

You'd think we all know what a Helghast and a Wektan looks like by now right?

I do also have difficulty seeing the text that shows who killed who. Man this 1080p...maybe I just need to sit closer to the TV.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It sounds like you need a bigger TV my good sir.

Playing on a 50inch. Sitting about 8ft away. That' about normal right?

I don't have 20/20 vision. Might just need to inch closer or wear the glasses I only wear to drive at night but I hate wearing them when using my gaming headset haha

I don't have 20/20 vision. Might just need to inch closer or wear the glasses I only wear to drive at night but I hate wearing them when using my gaming headset haha

I find it nigh impossible to play this game without my glasses. You're not alone, the text in this game is all extremely small and thin; nothing is bolded or outlined so it's extremely hard to see most things on the UI.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I find it nigh impossible to play this game without my glasses. You're not alone, the text in this game is all extremely small and thin; nothing is bolded or outlined so it's extremely hard to see most things on the UI.

Yes one other person agrees with me! I feel validated now. Thank you. :D

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
ugh...after playing with gaf-ers jumping in with randoms was super annoying. as everyone else has observed now one puts down spawn beacons and everyone plays it like tdm.

Just got the game yesterday, and noticed I was the only person putting spawn points down. I did get revived a bit though which was nice.

That sounds about right. Im about that far from my 55". I do agree that the UI text is stupid small. I can barely read some things at times just because of the size and color of the text.

T2lNM7R.jpg

Oh my god, I totally forgot the game had crosshairs. I hadn't played in like a week and at that time I must have turned them off in singleplayer for screenshots, and I just realized I could turn them back on. I've played the last 3 days without crosshairs..... lol

Erban1

I hope to play with some of you guys this weekend, but I definitely need some practice first. I'm still adjusting to the pace and trying to find a good assault loadout. Any tips?

boinx

Holy fuck is it frustrating when no one puts down spawn beacons. Those are pretty fucking essential in potentially winning a match and it annoys me to no end that I always gotta be that one beacon guy. I mean i'd like to use the other classes and abilities too.

Holy fuck is it frustrating when no one puts down spawn beacons. Those are pretty fucking essential in potentially winning a match and it annoys me to no end that I always gotta be that one beacon guy. I mean i'd like to use the other classes and abilities too.
That was the exact feeling I left the game with yesterday.

My support class is almost completely unlocked except for a pistol attachment or two, so I wanted to shift gears to Assault, a class I really haven't spent much time with. But considering how rare it was for me to see other spawn beacons on the map or even simple revives it came down to asking myself whether I was willing to throw the match just to get in some assault time. That's a messed up choice to make. In fact, my answer to that particular conundrum was to play something else.

Tell me about it. I decided to spice things up by switching against the GAF group earlier. I was the only on putting beacons down, and doing objectives.

I accidentally backed out of the party, and now PSN is so hosed that I can't rejoin.

Pretty much why I play with GAF. With randoms there's probably no team communication either. The fact that the chat is disabled by default doesn't help either. Spawn Beacons are very important in TDM too, just so it won't turn into a spawn campfest.

Tell me about it. I decided to spice things up by switching against the GAF group earlier. I was the only on putting beacons down, and doing objectives.

I accidentally backed out of the party, and now PSN is so hosed that I can't rejoin.
Oh so that's why you backed out. That last match though FUUUUUUU. The other team seemed very coordinated. Me and Rube tried to pick up the slack but to no avail. :[

That's why if I get into a game and I see I'm the only person with support class or putting up beacons, I pretty much leave

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yep. I really want to play other stuff or even just use other Support abilities but no one else can be trusted to put down spawns. That's why I love playing with GAF, I can actually switch it up since someone else will be able to keep us well placed.

My god. Planting a turret in the middle of a 24 player firefight is probably the most stressful thing you can do in this game. The placement parameters are pretty sketchy, so I just end up spamming R2 and screaming, "PLANT, DAMN YOU!"

Personally, the game is just becoming increasingly addictive and enjoyable the more I play. The KZ formula is truly magical. Buying BF4 on the cheap recently has only served to highlight this further. Sure, BF4 is totally decent, but the netcode and hit detection is utterly spasmodic. That's one thing that SF does very well, in my opinion. Hit detection on bodies is deliciously spot-on. I wish the same could be said for geometry, which still boils my blood every now and then...

AND THAT LACK OF AUTO-AIM! It's amazing. Why it isn't standard now with such accurate and dextrous controllers is beyond me. All of your kills feel well-earned. I think we all know the feel of duking it out one on one with the enemy and expending a whole clip because in the panic, you've neglected to tilt the stick one iota to the left or right. And it's not because you're both shit; it's because it's REAL. It makes the moments where you bring up your reticle, track perfectly and hear that chirp all the more rewarding.

All in all, good going, GG. This is a Killzone game through and through. It's unique and it's great.

Yopis

My god. Planting a turret in the middle of a 24 player firefight is probably the most stressful thing you can do in this game. The placement parameters are pretty sketchy, so I just end up spamming R2 and screaming, "PLANT, DAMN YOU!"

Personally, the game is just becoming increasingly addictive and enjoyable the more I play. The KZ formula is truly magical. Buying BF4 on the cheap recently has only served to highlight this further. Sure, BF4 is totally decent, but the netcode and hit detection is utterly spasmodic. That's one thing that SF does very well, in my opinion. Hit detection on bodies is deliciously spot-on. I wish the same could be said for geometry, which still boils my blood every now and then...

AND THAT LACK OF AUTO-AIM! It's amazing. Why it isn't standard now with such accurate and dextrous controllers is beyond me. All of your kills feel well-earned. I think we all know the feel of duking it out one on one with the enemy and expending a whole clip because in the panic, you've neglected to tilt the stick one iota to the left or right. And it's not because you're both shit; it's because it's REAL. It makes the moments where you bring up your reticle, track perfectly and hear that chirp all the more rewarding.

All in all, good going, GG. This is a Killzone game through and through. It's unique and it's great.

Game started out rough for me, getting the least play since launch. Been giving the game more time and the KZ feeling is coming back.

Yep. I really want to play other stuff or even just use other Support abilities but no one else can be trusted to put down spawns. That's why I love playing with GAF, I can actually switch it up since someone else will be able to keep us well placed.

Same here. I <3 that spawn beacon, but at the same time I want to get Scout and Assault challenges and attachments.

leng jai

Yeah, it's as addictive as KZ2 for me. The feeling of actually killing people is more satisfying in this than any other game.

Top Bottom