• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, it's as addictive as KZ2 for me. The feeling of actually killing people is more satisfying in this than any of the game.

The shooting is the essence of Killzone and the core of an FPS which is why I don't get why the series gets so much shit. It absolutely nails the gunplay, the single most important part of the genre.

Yeah, it's as addictive as KZ2 for me. The feeling of actually killing people is more satisfying in this than any of the game.

Yeah, it's superb. That being said, the whole strafe > hip-fire > headshot cadence that KZ2 is more or less built upon is amazing; and that's all but absent in SF, unfortunately.

Playing with the Sickle really gives you those KZ2 feels, though. That gun is insanely good. I'm finding it more and more difficult to not opt for it 90% of the time.

Mitark

My highest is 20 I think. Get 10-15 semi regularly but my problem is I always run out of ammo.

haha :D same here , was playing as scout and i run out of ammo and i was scared to go out since you know scout is not that strong in close combat, also i don't want to lose the Killstreak so i waited for my teammate to die so i could pickup his ammo, sorry teammate :D haha ,this is the only time i did this since i got too close to very high Killstreak.

and you need someone with the same gun to get his ammo if he dies, and it was TDM.

sorry teammate
wS2Dmiu.jpg

Are there a select few who do GAF-parties regularly? I'm dieing to use my Sony Pulse headset but no support still so I wont have voice chat but I'd still really like to join in. I usually do Support with spawn beacon (finally got that King Support icon) but dabble in Assault when needed.

GodofWine

Are there a select few who do GAF-parties regularly? I'm dieing to use my Sony Pulse headset but no support still so I wont have voice chat but I'd still really like to join in. I usually do Support with spawn beacon (finally got that King Support icon) but dabble in Assault when needed.

Look back in this thread for kilgore, he plays a lot.

Also, you have the pack-in mic, its not glamorous, but it works perfectly, chat it up.

I do! I try to organize GAF party chats when I can.

My PSN ID is in my profile. Add me and include a message saying you are from GAF. And add your name to the Google Docs in the OP (quote to reveal link).

Baliis

I don't usually start groups, but I'm usually on most nights so you can add me as well, PSN name is same as my gaf name.

Look back in this thread for kilgore, he plays a lot.

Also, you have the pack-in mic, its not glamorous, but it works perfectly, chat it up.

Thanks for the contact. Yeah I lost that thing day 1 when first opening my PS4, not sure how it happened, but that's usually how it goes.

EDIT: Also, I have the Google Doc pulled up but I've never used it before. How do I go about adding my info without messing up the document?

morlock

Am I the only one that is annoyed by seeing all teammates as green ghosts through everything? Granted its useful as the minimap is useless I think, but when you have a couple teammates in front of you and can see them all through each other and even through your own gun it gets very cluttered.

Feels like playing in debug-mode..

When joining a warzone I am not interrested in seeing a list of options for the warzone, I wanna see the players currently playing and perhaps a picture of the map. Its very hard to get a good overview of the game and whos playing in it.

do people still talk like this? :3

Apparently I do... (Not really, just the first thing that came to me)

But yeah, I agree with you guys, I feel free to try up other classes and actually play as a team rather than an individual.

Plus, granted no auto aim is gratifying but damn it shows how sucky I am when I aim sometimes...

I know it's because PSN isn't 100%, but the lag in this game can be hilarious. Deaths don't register till 5 seconds later, and players skipping through the game like they're Sadako, from The Ring.

leng jai

I know it's because PSN isn't 100%, but the lag in this game can be hilarious. Deaths don't register till 5 seconds later, and players skipping through the game like they're Sadako, from The Ring.

Yeah I've been getting this lately. Gets me killed often because I waste my entire clip trying to make sure they're dead, lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

This afternoon I headshotted one guy twice with the Sickle at point blank range and brutal meleed him before the death animation even happened.

This afternoon I headshotted one guy twice with the Sickle at point blank range and brutal meleed him before the death animation even happened.

This has happened to me so many times. I've emptied like two clips into one guy standing completely still, and brutal meleed him three times before my rifle kill registered. I lost my shit. XD

Mp is fun.. However maps are too small and gets hectic not in a good way. Gun balance issues with some of them. Doesn't compare to Kz2 and a lol better than Kz3 just depends what kind of dlc content it will go.

The game is working, but it cant load any of my friends list stuff

Anybody else having profile issues on the dashboard as well? My profile picture isn't loading, nor is the 'real name' (no connection to Facebook, I guess?)...

Obviously my friends list isn't working at all either.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've got it on my SICKle, but I'm scared to use it. It broadcasts your position pretty blatantly in dimly lit areas, doesn't it?

never actual been on the receiving end of one. you could always just leave it off right before you're going to round a corner or something i guess? :)

Baliis

Trolled the hell out of a game with the Assault grenade launcher just a bit ago. Was playing 24man TDM just for fun and got like 40 kills with it on the Park. Was getting a double or triple kill like every other life.

Trolled the hell out of a game with the Assault grenade launcher just a bit ago. Was playing 24man TDM just for fun and got like 40 kills with it on the Park. Was getting a double or triple kill like every other life.

Yeah it's a little too good. The only draw back it seems to have is you accidentally suicide sometimes when your'e near a object like a tree. Sometimes I can't even shoot it through a doorway even though I'm shooting right in the middle of it.

Yeah now it's sort of working but I'm getting really bad lag...

Also do the incendiary rounds for the sickle do less base damage?

Incendiary rounds have less base damage (doesnt seem to be a one shot kill in CQB in my experience) but a high chance to inflict fire damage over time. If an enemy is on fire, he will have a bunch of flames on his screen (disorienting) and is guaranteed to die, but only after a few seconds. I prefer using the flashlight to blind people in CQB, since normal shells are a one hit kill in close range. I think its better to take out an enemy away rather than giving them a death that takes a few seconds since they can still move and do stuff (plant/defuse/shoot you) in that limited time.

Also, how do the various sights effect recoil, any noticeable difference?

No difference really, it's just preference. I really like the ACOG on the Pulver and feel the diamond on its Holo sights are too big for me. Holo is great on shotguns though.

No difference really, it's just preference. I really like the ACOG on the Pulver and feel the diamond on its Holo sights are too big for me. Holo is great on shotguns though.

Yeah ever since I unlocked the Holo on my guns I've just been using that. Don't really feel the need to switch it up. Although I don't really like the diamond on the Helghast Holo either. Wish we could pick different reticles.

played some Teamdeath match games tonight. How do people enjoy this more than warzone?
It's probably because they see it the most popular playlist. Also, COD. I think I would enjoy it more if it was 7v7. It just way too hectic on some maps.

Cubed

I can't seem to find an answer through Google searches, so I'm asking here:

Can you upgrade the Nano Shield in the Assault class in order to get the trophy for "Maxing out any Assault ability?"

I'm at MkIII on my Nano Shield and still haven't earned the trophy, so I'm hoping it counts and just has another upgrade to go. I'd hate to use the Drone Buddy or Stun Pulse.

ZehDon

The shooting is the essence of Killzone and the core of an FPS which is why I don't get why the series gets so much shit. It absolutely nails the gunplay, the single most important part of the genre.
This is my first Killzone, but I have to agree with you here. This is easily some of best shooting I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Aside from one or two maps with some questionable level design - flow feels too much like CoD in a few places - this is probably the best MP console FPS I've sunk my teeth into. Hopefully they can really refine this for a sequel.

I can't seem to find an answer through Google searches, so I'm asking here:

Can you upgrade the Nano Shield in the Assault class in order to get the trophy for "Maxing out any Assault ability?"

I'm at MkIII on my Nano Shield and still haven't earned the trophy, so I'm hoping it counts and just has another upgrade to go. I'd hate to use the Drone Buddy or Stun Pulse.

Yes it counts. You need to kill 300 player through the nano shield to max it out at MkXI.

never actual been on the receiving end of one. you could always just leave it off right before you're going to round a corner or something i guess? :)

Yeah same here. The description says it dazzles enemies but I don't know if it actually works

Is there any way to see how many MVPs you have?

I believe if you go on to career on your warzones screen...

Yeah now it's sort of working but I'm getting really bad lag...

Also do the incendiary rounds for the sickle do less base damage?

Yeah, super is right, it's a bit useless unless you're a bad aim. Now if they made it so that the fire can be passed on to other people it would be far more worth it

Any of you KZ pros up for MP tomorrow or Saturday, let me know. The only MP trophy left that I really care to get is the dominator trophy, so it would be cool to get a group of 7 or 12 together and just run roughshod through the maps.

That's the one you get for getting such and such kills with grenades and limpets, right?

leng jai

Yeah I never actually looked at the career past the first screen. Doh.

TDM on the Park is prime trolling material. You can literally just spam the doorways with the voltage gun and end up with multiple 10+ kill streaks.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So after about 280 matches I only just completed the "Get 5 kills in cover" challenge. The fuck?
I've played about 30 hours and I have 1 :lol

The change to a nonsticky cover system is a mixed bag. I think it's a ibt more responsive and reliable in Mercenary.

andycapps

I do! I try to organize GAF party chats when I can.

My PSN ID is in my profile. Add me and include a message saying you are from GAF. And add your name to the Google Docs in the OP (quote to reveal link).

I'll add you later when I'm at home too. Added myself to the Google Docs list.

Top Bottom