• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Underwhelmed? Have you played the other PS4 shooters online? Killzone looks much much better, IMO.

After I have played it a bit longer, I have changed my mind. I was disappointed at first, the first few rounds I played the environment just seemed a little boring.(I can't remember the name of the level, I only played it once and since then I have never been sent back) I'm also playing on a tv that is only 720p it's not going to look it's best. Now somebody is going to say "well no shit you'll find it underwhelming when playing only 720P" but I thought it was disappointing even when trying to factor in playing at a lower resolution than normal. The textures just looked really unimpressive in whatever level I was in.
Anyways, now that I have played some other levels like The Forest, The Park, The Station etc I'm more happy with the results and can see the potential of the ps4.
720p really does suck though, I really gotta get a new monitor or tv so I can play the ps4 at 1080p

Grinchy

Banned
This game was so insanely laggy for me earlier. I couldn't play it. I have seen a lot of lag i the last couple weeks.

Got mostly nice matches in the new competitive warzone. The level of play was pretty good and I stumbled upon fellow gafer johntown.
I've taken the whole week off work so it would be nice to try a gaf party one night.

Fun playing with you GAF guys again. Don't know why the hell game chat wouldn't work for me, I'll have to look into that.

Hope you all got the points you were looking for. Sorry I had to bail unceremoniously. I checked my phone and saw that the Blackhawks lost to the Blues in infurating fashion, and I was about to flip tables, lol.

Since it was about dinner time anyway, I figured I'd head to a bar to drown my sorrows and grab some shitty food in the process, lol.

GGs to GAF again. Steamrolled in the Open Weekend earlier today, but had some pretty frustrating matches later on in the evening.

Was in a team of three coordinating, planting beacons, turrets, and we still got rolled over pretty good. We even had voice chat on to see if we could get the rest of the team to help, but most were new players. :/ Made for some really close and tense games though.

vivftp

Played a bit with some friends today. I didn't research the multiplayer on the game beforehand and I was hoping it would have some sort of hoard-like mode where waves of enemies would advance upon you. As far as I can tell that doesn't exist, but a Google search seems to indicate a future $20 DLC will contain such a mode.

Did I miss anything, or is that a pretty accurate assessment? We're still gonna try it for the remaining days and see if it grows on us of course.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played a bit with some friends today. I didn't research the multiplayer on the game beforehand and I was hoping it would have some sort of hoard-like mode where waves of enemies would advance upon you. As far as I can tell that doesn't exist, but a Google search seems to indicate a future $20 DLC will contain such a mode.

Did I miss anything, or is that a pretty accurate assessment? We're still gonna try it for the remaining days and see if it grows on us of course.

$20 is for the season pass which is the co-op mode and three expansions for it but yeah, pretty accurate.

vivftp

$20 is for the season pass which is the co-op mode and three expansions for it but yeah, pretty accurate.

Great, thanks. We're still wrapping our heads around the various multiplayer modes on COD Ghosts so I don't know if we'll be pouncing on a Killzone purchase anytime soon. Depends on how things go in the coming days I suppose. Certainly a pretty game.

torontoml

The amount of new players on this makes coming in first quite easy. My first game today I joined while my team was losing 3-0, most of my team had just quit and it was repopulating. We won the next two missions and I came first overall in the game, I was quite amazed at just how easy it was.

I love this video purely for the fact that the first kill is of a cloaker, I like killing cloakies.

I was telling a friend the other day my favorite thing to do in the game is to "flame spot". Use incendiary rounds on the sickle to highlight cloaked enemies by setting them on fire.

I can't help but feel that something needs to be done about balancing revives. What ever happened to the ability to kill a downed opponent? I feel like it's kind of ridiculous that people can just sit around forever and get a revive that's essentially unstoppable and makes the revivee invulnerable for a brief period.

Keihart

I can't help but feel that something needs to be done about balancing revives. What ever happened to the ability to kill a downed opponent? I feel like it's kind of ridiculous that people can just sit around forever and get a revive that's essentially unstoppable and makes the revivee invulnerable for a brief period.

Although i would like to execute downed enemies. It's not much of a problem stopping revives. You can just shoot to the drone and no revive for you.

I am getting this game with AC4BF this month, does this game have good netcode ? because my internet speed is shit (no lag when i play KZM but others run very bad), sorry for my bad English.

MGR

Apologies if this has been posted, but can you download the PS+ multiplayer component without the PS4 trying to download the single player component as well?

I have a friend with a 50GB monthly limit. Not too keen to use 80% of it on a demo.

Headshots, brutal melees, and explosives all prevent a downed player from being revived, but yeah there should be a bleed out window for downed players. Maybe something like 15 seconds before a player bleeds out and has to respawn. That way downed players won't be inactive for overly long and Supports don't have all day to revive them.

Got this and a Playstation 4 for Christmas and after a few nights of play, it has definitely started to click. A shame so many people are so quick to dismiss it and that the population is pretty low, but that's what you get when Call of Duty and Battlefield exist at the same time I guess.

Sophia

So I'm getting a little bit good at this game. It's amazing how much a single support using properly placed beacons can turn the tide of a match.

killzonemds5i.jpg

Favorite Map: The Forest (So much fun and so beautiful)

iHbXC4j8BVmVi.gif

Worst Map: The Wall (one giant clusterfuck) - the one with the rain

I find the Forest to be pretty good as long as your team can avoid getting base camped. The Wall is a clusterfuck and dark, but I like the grittiness of it.

My picks:

Favorite: The Park/The Station (nice and big, lots of flanking routes)
Worst: The Divide (so overplayed, and it's layout reminds me of TF2 2Fort, which I hated)

Killer

Banned
Apologies if this has been posted, but can you download the PS+ multiplayer component without the PS4 trying to download the single player component as well?

I have a friend with a 50GB monthly limit. Not too keen to use 80% of it on a demo.
You can choose which part of the game you want to download.

I believe if you have ps plus it's just multiplayer while it's the whole game for everyone else? I'm not entirely sure

Although i would like to execute downed enemies. It's not much of a problem stopping revives. You can just shoot to the drone and no revive for you.

The problem is you can't babysit the enemies to watch if they get revived and make sure they won't stab you in the back. And in the case that I am there to stop the revive, I most likely will let them get revived then melee them

Baliis

Come on now people. Slums is the worst map solely for the frame rate destroying explosions that are on that map only for some reason.

Personally like the station a whole lot, it has some great paths through it that make for great conflict points. Least favourite in the forest, but I guess I see why people are into it.

derwalde

played it yesterday for the first time. it takes time to get to know the maps, i guess. till then, i suck lol. what do you guys prefer 24 player warzone or classic?

Paertan

So I'm getting a little bit good at this game. It's amazing how much a single support using properly placed beacons can turn the tide of a match.

http://www.abload.de/img/killzonemds5i.jpg

Too bad very often there is not a single support in sight xD My best chance of getting Scout and Assault challenges is steamrolling to 3-0 in Warzone then switch over to Scout/Assault for two last missions.
I can never play Assault or Scout otherwise since it seems no one else wants to put out Spawn Beacons.

Headshots, brutal melees, and explosives all prevent a downed player from being revived, but yeah there should be a bleed out window for downed players. Maybe something like 15 seconds before a player bleeds out and has to respawn. That way downed players won't be inactive for overly long and Supports don't have all day to revive them.

I've found that shooting the drone is kind of unreliable. The timing is a little weird. I've destroyed the drone but still had the player revive before.

Even if you can't eliminate downed enemies by shooting them, at least let us melee them.

Also, just added myself to the spreadsheet. Would love to start playing with people and building a PSN friend list.

Baliis

I've found that shooting the drone is kind of unreliable. The timing is a little weird. I've destroyed the drone but still had the player revive before.

Even if you can't eliminate downed enemies by shooting them, at least let us melee them.

Also, just added myself to the spreadsheet. Would love to start playing with people and building a PSN friend list.

It's worthless because if they've accepted the revive, destroying the drone doesn't stop it

I am the only one who thinks this game is pretty poor? Online is average and single player is derivative tosh. Thank god for battlefield..

After playing the SP, I thought the game was good, but probably not great, and likely would not have came back to it. Online multi is like a revelation to me though haha, I find it so engaging.

Really wish GG would back up the online multi with better stat tracking on their site, like player match history etc. I'm really enjoying the multi right now, and it deserves that sort of support so players can really engage with how they're doing on a deeper level than w/l and k/d. How your doing over time, where your successful, where your failing, all that would be great.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm almost done getting all the gun unlocks. Grinding kills with the Judaz has just about made me hate playing this game. I can't wait to never use that piece of trash again.

Favorite Map: The Forest (So much fun and so beautiful)

iHbXC4j8BVmVi.gif

Worst Map: The Wall (one giant clusterfuck) - the one with the rain
I hate the Forest, the layout is alright but the excessive bloom and mist kill it for me. The Station is my least favorite though, all of the bloom with none of the good design! My favorite at this point would probably be Factory.

Ugh.. no offence but it annoys me to no end when people go into Warzone and play for kills instead of playing the objectives. That's what TDM is for.

For most of the video I was defending B.... and for the attack portion I was still killing them in the open area. I could have/should have pushed more I guess but I was doing decent playing conservatively. Trust me I usually always rush though.
I'm almost done getting all the gun unlocks. Grinding kills with the Judaz has just about made me hate playing this game. I can't wait to never use that piece of trash again.
Just play the sidearms and explosives playlist, and I actually like the Judaz. Much more than the other sidearms at least.

killzonemds5i.jpg

i have to play as support, cause most matches don't have people using spawn beacons, even if i'd rather play as assault. at least that way it's quite easy to rack up points, being the only creating carefully placed spawn beacons on the map.

Newlove

It would be nice to have a few more weapons, hopefully there will be some in future DLC. 3 for each class may get a bit stale after a while.

It would be nice to have a few more weapons, hopefully there will be some in future DLC. 3 for each class may get a bit stale after a while.

Yeah, I wish the recon burst smg wasn't so awful. It's good to have one or two recons for scouting purposes but the kit synergy just isn't there with a short range reveal and a long range weapon.

Top Bottom