• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

leng jai

then stop using that build. You basically want the class with the best abilities, best guns and be able to fuck up drones/turrets with ease. You can't have it all bro, it's called balance

I love how you're claiming that the class ability distribution is balanced. Weapons are down to preference and the Assault abilities are pretty useless team wise. Support has all the good ones and most people use turrets so we don't even get the beacons most of the time. Scout has cloak and echo which don't even make sense for a long range class.

I genuinely think that half the player base doesn't realise you actually have a secondary fire for your weapons.

wapplew

For a guy who sucks at twin stick shooter, I'm having a lot of fun during free weekend.
Playing support mainly, use minigun and spawn point. Minigun is very good for me, because its so heavy the pointer won't go allover the place, I still get some kills.

And I agree the class is not balance, everyone is using support now, with turret and drones everywhere.

Can someone explain how or why the grenade launcher explodes if it comes within 50 feet of something? The hitbox on every explosive in this game is ridiculous .

morlock

I have been annoyed by the crosshair when ADS on ie the rumbler where the crosshair is fixed dead center while the gun is kicking, giving false impression that you are hitting the target. Also it looks like you dont have any recoil on the weapon.

In KZ2 when ADS with the M82 you only hade a tiny green dot in the acutal RDS and not on the hud. Much better...

Some dude made a feedback on this matter.

Give your vote if you agree.

https://feedback.killzone.com/forum...-sync-sight-movement-with-gun-movement-in-ads

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I have been annoyed by the crosshair when ADS on ie the rumbler where the crosshair is fixed dead center while the gun is kicking, giving false impression that you are hitting the target. Also it looks like you dont have any recoil on the weapon.

In KZ2 when ADS with the M82 you only hade a tiny green dot in the acutal RDS and not on the hud. Much better...

Some dude made a feedback on this matter.

Give your vote if you agree.

https://feedback.killzone.com/forum...-sync-sight-movement-with-gun-movement-in-ads

That was actually me that submitted that.

Yea its great but the time it takes to actually shoot is a bit too annoying.

I feel you on that. It can be type annoying especially since someone comes close to you without notice since you can't melee.

What I usually do to solve the time it takes to shoot the thing, I usually keep tapping R2 to keep the rev going. Doesn't bother me too much but I can see how it can be annoying

RedAssedApe

Banned
they really need to do something about the player identification text. it just blends into the background where you often can't read it at all. like after the warzone is over...i rarely can see who the three top players are.

Another thing that really annoys me is how you can't really tell if you're getting hit by a team mate or any enemy. Looks exactly the same to me pretty much.

this is super annoying with the AOE green grenade.

leng jai

they really need to do something about the player identification text. it just blends into the background where you often can't read it at all. like after the warzone is over...i rarely can see who the three top players are.

this is super annoying with the AOE green grenade.

So true. As far as I'm concerned that thing is as detrimental to allies as it is to enemies since it rarely actually kills anyone.

Paertan

I'm starting to think someone at Guerilla Games are deliberately matching me with bad people. Like handpicking the worst they can find.
Yesterday they even trolled me.
I was put in a empty game of the Weekend Challenge. Starts with Search and Destroy Defend. With one minute to go suddenly a lot of people join. EVERY SINGLE ONE is put in enemy team.

But damn I love this multiplayer.

Paertan

But I have over 50 kills with it. Search & Destroy Defend time? Ammo Box + Petrusite = Point A or B covered in green.

It really is perfect for Search and Destroy. Defend or attack. I usually load up a petrusite while arming. About half way through. Best to get it in a place so they can't shoot it from a distance.

Changes I would like to see

Scout
Add a fully automatic SMG

Assault
Gets spawn beacon from Support

Support
Remove Support Teleport. No one uses it.

ThankeeSai

Why would you do such a thing?

Ha! I just find that Blacklight scratches that twitch shooter itch when I'm in the mood :p

Seriously though, I just got sick to death of stupid team mates on Killzone - not using spawn beacons, piling down corridors where there are enemies at the other end, dying and then going down exactly the same route over and over again, team mates not playing the objective etc.

Really must try and get some games with GAF.

mitch1971

Gold Member
I was put in a empty game of the Weekend Challenge. Starts with Search and Destroy Defend. With one minute to go suddenly a lot of people join. EVERY SINGLE ONE is put in enemy team.

Don't worry you ain't being trolled. :D I presume you were hit by a party chat bunch. Anyone in a party chat will be put into a game TOGETHER regardless of balance. Some may not like that, but personally I prefer it to the Battlefield 3 way where you were in a squad lobby and then soon as you got put in a game, the game decided to split you apart. It may suck for the one guy on his own, but within a few minutes the game is re-balanced by new players being put together on the side with less players.

Miggytronz

Can anyone help me here.

So I'm playing the free weekend right now. I also have a copy of KZ coming in the mail, gift from my family. Do I delete KZ from my PS4 when the new one comes or just pop it in and go?

Grinchy

Banned
Simply putting in a no-clip mod for your allies would increase my enjoyment of this game ten fold.

Yeah it's unbelievably annoying when a teammate pushes you into an area you don't want to be in, or when you are running through a tunnel with someone and they suddenly stop or turn around and now you're both stuck.

Paertan

Don't worry you ain't being trolled. :D I presume you were hit by a party chat bunch. Anyone in a party chat will be put into a game TOGETHER regardless of balance.

Yeah I figured as much =) I also prefer it to Battlefield style. Still. They could have at least waited until I hade finsished enough mission to win =P

Simply putting in a no-clip mod for your allies would increase my enjoyment of this game ten fold.

Never ever should anyone stand still in a doorway. EVER!

Keihart

Ever since KZ2 I've felt that GG never quite understood why the Engineer's turrets worked in Team Fortress. The Engi in TF2 doesn't have much typical offensive capability, this is not really true for the support in SF as they have an arsenal of guns to choose from (it was sort of true for KZ2 engi as they only had the shotgun as a primary). In TF2 there is a nice counter for the turrets in the spy. If cloaked or disguised he can sneak by any turrets, drop a sapper disabling and damaging them and backstab an Engineer before he knows what's happened. In KZ2 the saboteur disguise didn't work on bots and the only thing that could be considered a counter was the Assault and his RPG. And that class led to many matches being ruined by rocket spam on maps like Blood Gracht and Radec. In SF there is no counter to the bots that I know of, they just exist as something left in from KZ2&3 for no reason.

Support , assault and Scout, each has a counter to bots.
Support unlocks lock on missiles on main guns that destroy bots in one shot.
Stunt blast stops bots from working and shield can give you cover to destroy them.
Scout can cloak or use the stunt drone.

Spawn beacon should the default skill for supports, i usually see a lot of supports without it :/

Guns for support are super cool, so the incentive is there, but since the more important skill it's not default, we get the spawn beacon problem.

I would like to choose both skills, but that would make some classes unbalanced probably. Like assault with sprint and stunt blast, or Scout with cloak and teleport or Support with both drones. Anyhow, we need more beacons. In party this it's not a problem with randoms it is. Maybe a fixed amount of classes per team would fix this.

I got some pretty good matchs with high skilled players yesterday. We were about 8 with good skills.
The players names really needs to be bigger because you can't tell if your teammate is a fuck in noob who's gonna get you killed or a skilled player. I really don't know why there's not some basic commands like "follow me". It would be so great to tell the other player you got he's back.

Some matchs are so unfair when three good players stick together. You got all the best skilled players on the scoreboard but just because they all play on their own you lose some basic objectives very quickly.

The game is really great when facing high skilled players because it involves a lot of strategy and I love "thinking out the box" in order to destroy their spawn beacon and surprise them while my teammates just rush like mad dogs.

Grinchy

Banned
For the past few days, I've been playing with the crosshairs off. I actually like it a lot more. I wish there were some more customization options for what HUD elements you could turn off (like Mercenary). I don't want to turn off the entire HUD, but there are some things I wouldn't mind getting rid of.

Shadow Fall has become one of my favourite games for multiplayer, but the weapon/ability redistribution and tweaks among classes in this iteration is just so goddamn awful. Scout's ability tool-set encourages close range encounters but has the weakest arsenal for close-mid range; Assault's extremely light in terms of skill usefulness, while the smg/rifles, excellent as they are in all situations, offers little variation; Supports not only gets the best of both worlds in terms of skills and weaponry, but all of them are extremely effective.

Hypothetical changes I would like to see:

Scout
-Enable weapons during Cloak; or at the very least, sidearms
-Tactical Echo doesn't give enemy visual cue of your position
-A full auto smg/rifle (Keyzer perhaps)

Assault
-Buddy Drone needs to be reworked so it doesn't actively tries to murder/kamikaze you
-Failing the above, Buddy Drone and Air Support need to switch classes
-Nano shield not requiring a second prompt to activate
-Access to some of the heavy weaponry (Sickle and Purger would be my pick) while removing some redundant ones (Breacher, Keyzer, Vlug)

Support
-Voltage needs serious nerfs across the board. Shot charge, delay, damage, blast radius, reserve ammo, spread, range
-Larger fire spread for Purger, increased rev time
-Air Support damage reduced, drop detection on cloaked units, range reduced, uptime reduced
-No despawn for deployed Supply Box (as long as loadout is active) , visual cues for own team
-Removal of certain heavy weapons (Sickle, Purger), Breacher as the replacement shotgun
-Limited use on Spawn Beacon, or uptime reduced
-Turret firing angle reduced

I think some of this is reasonable, some of these changes would absolutely awful.

Weapons during cloak? Hell no. Halo had that and it was awful. You get snipers that sit in a corner, cloak, and just camp. Awful.

test_account

XP-39C²
January 1 0:00 PST
Thanks. I wonder why they call it "weekend challenge" then. I was sure that it ended yesterday (Sunday) at US time sometime, so i sat all last night playing a lot. I guess i didnt need to play that much yesterday then.

By the way, i think i played against you yesterday :) You're in the top 20 leaderboards right now, right?

Baliis

Thanks. I wonder why they call it "weekend challenge" then. I was sure that it ended yesterday (Sunday) at US time sometime, so i sat all last night playing a lot. I guess i didnt need to play that much yesterday then.

By the way, i think i played against you yesterday :) You're in the top 20 leaderboards right now, right?

Well, it's the "Open Weekend Challenge" and the Open Weekend is an "extended weekend"

ThankeeSai

Had a few good games of Classic Warzone earlier. Won 5 in a row and even managed MVP on 2 or 3 of them.

It's great when you're on a good team!

Anyway, if any gaffers are around tonight and are up for a game, add me on.

PSN - ThankeeSai.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, it's the "Open Weekend Challenge" and the Open Weekend is an "extended weekend"
Sure, but 'weekend' means the end of the week, so i assumed that the challenge also ended on the Sunday. But i might still make it within top 100 on the leaderboards. I have no chance on top 20. Have Guerilla Games said any specific time at 1st of January that the challenge ends?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For the past few days, I've been playing with the crosshairs off. I actually like it a lot more. I wish there were some more customization options for what HUD elements you could turn off (like Mercenary). I don't want to turn off the entire HUD, but there are some things I wouldn't mind getting rid of.
I wish the tech lines at the bottom of the screen weren't there. The HUD is mostly pretty clean so I don't know why they put those pointless lines in there.

sunnz

2 things are really starting to annoy me

1: hip fire, it's as close to useless as any other shooter. I loved it in KZ2 as it felt useful for close combat and was useful, here it's straight up pointless since it seems the guns accuracy goes to 1, forcing us to ADS even though the enemy is like 3 feet in-front of us.

2: no squad/ spawning on squad leader ( unless you can)

RE_Player

1: hip fire, it's as close to useless as any other shooter. I loved it in KZ2 as it felt useful for close combat and was useful, here it's straight up pointless since it seems the guns accuracy goes to 1, forcing us to ADS even though the enemy is like 3 feet in-front
This is annoying to me as well. Killzone 2 was unique in that hip fire was viable. In this it is pointless. Funny enough it is perfectly viable in Mercenary.

Grinchy

Banned
Is there a separate stat to show how many kills come from hipfire? I use it instead of the sights for any close range situations and really have no problem with it. And I don't even use the crosshairs.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

1: hip fire, it's as close to useless as any other shooter. I loved it in KZ2 as it felt useful for close combat and was useful, here it's straight up pointless since it seems the guns accuracy goes to 1, forcing us to ADS even though the enemy is like 3 feet in-front of us.

2: no squad/ spawning on squad leader ( unless you can)
Hip fire is actually pretty useful, if you're using the right gun. Valk, Rumbler, Breacher, and Sickle all work great from hip fire but for all other guns, it's not very effective.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I bought this game and haven't even put it in the system yet. I'm not really waiting for any reason, just haven't had a single drive to try it out. Is it actually good?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I bought this game and haven't even put it in the system yet. I'm not really waiting for any reason, just haven't had a single drive to try it out. Is it actually good?
Multiplayer is excellent but it has a pretty big learning curve.

Campaign is uneven but I enjoyed it a good deal more than KZ3 overall. It's different from the other games in the series.

This is annoying to me as well. Killzone 2 was unique in that hip fire was viable. In this it is pointless. Funny enough it is perfectly viable in Mercenary.
Could it be the lack of aim assist? I'm quite sure that the prior games gave you a little help in that area; this is a good thing, no?

bLaiSe

Yeah, I'm in the top 20 along with a couple other GAFfers. I hope it's worth it because I'm a fucking zombie ever since this competition started. Sitting in front of the screen for 12 hours a day is exhausting...

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, I'm in the top 20 along with a couple other GAFfers. I hope it's worth it because I'm a fucking zombie ever since this competition started. Sitting in front of the screen for 12 hours a day is exhausting...
Cool :) I saw Dibbz as well while playing some games.

Yeah, it takes some energy to get to the top 20 indeed. Unfortunately i dont have the energy to go for the top 20, but i'm curious to see what the prices are. I would guess that position 21 to 100 gets some free voice pack and/or turret skins DLC.

EDIT: I fixed a typo.

Grinchy

Banned
Just getting that dumb 1% trophy in KZ2 had me sitting at my PS3 for like 8 hours a day for a week straight at one point. I can't imagine 12 hours per day.

I'm puzzled as to why people want hip fire to be accurate. It's totally unrealistic to have every weapon accurate at close range, especially rifles. You should have to choose a better option once the enemy closes the gap, unless you have a shotty or a gun designed for close quarters.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm puzzled as to why people want hip fire to be accurate. It's totally unrealistic to have every weapon accurate at close range, especially rifles. You should have to choose a better option once the enemy closes the gap, unless you have a shotty or a gun designed for close quarters.

cuz previous KZ games or something

Paertan

Played with a friend from swedish forum tonight. Had a blast eventhough we go owned a few times.

One important discovery. The slide does damage xD

Got a Twin Kill by sliding into a guy. We noticed some blood and a sound when hitting a friendly player so I decided to try it in a game that was already won. Don't know how much damage it does but it can kill xD
Will try and upload a video of it. And gif.

Yeah, funny thing is that hip fire actually is very effective where it should be - medium to close range.

Have no issues whatsoever getting kills with hip fire in close to mid range encounters while other people are probably taking the time to pull up the scopes.

Top Bottom