• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Paertan

fucking sucks when you're the only one on your team planting spawn beacons.

others doesn't even use their turrets.
LLShC.gif

Yes. Yes it does suck!

Sometimes I really would like to write to my entire team. Or speak to! But since Guerilla Games did not make voice chat on by default that is impossible. Just to explain what the hell you are supposed to do!

And I have now talked to those guys you see on the wrong side of the map. Apparently a lot of people don't notice when the mission change. They keep playing the same mission even when it changes.
They also don't easily see if you are supposed to defend or attack during Search and Destroy.
I have never had any trouble with it but maybe we need bigger indicators.

And the matchmaking need to be fixed. Feel stupid trying to keep my score low so I don't get put in the same team as all the bottom players.

DoomGyver

^ That happens to me all of the time. Once you pull the pin on that grenade one of your teammates is going to run right in your way. Never fails.

Grinchy

Banned
Link ain't working but I can assume what's in the vid. Happens to me so many times :( and the grenade thing is the worst!!

That's weird that it's not working. Do you have a Facebook account? Maybe somethings up with my settings though. I only use the account to upload PS4 stuff so I'm pretty clueless about linking facebook videos.

johntown

Banned
Hey guys if you send me a friend request please put GAF in the request. I get too many requests from randoms. If it does not have it I will delete it.

So, if you sent me one and I never accepted please resend.

That's weird that it's not working. Do you have a Facebook account? Maybe somethings up with my settings though. I only use the account to upload PS4 stuff so I'm pretty clueless about linking facebook videos.

Lol who doesn't in this day and age? But my bad though. It's working now. The first time it sent me to a page that normally comes up if the post in question was deleted or made private. And I guessed right. Can totally empathise with what happened there. Bloody ridiculous. They should make it more COD like (just a bit though)

I'm guilty of this... :-/

Ha. FOR SHAME!

I can honestly say that I'm yet to do this. As of now, Support is my bread and butter. It loves me and I love it. How could I sleep soundly at night if I were to shun a team in desperate need of a spawn beacon?!

On top of that, the amount of fun I have is more or less directly proportionate to my efficacy/impact on the battlefield. The allure of completionism and unlocks that I'll seldom use just doesn't outweigh what will probably be a shitty effort from me. I'd rather do what I do best and have the scoreboard reflect that.

I've more or less done Assault, as there's quite an overlap between it and Support, but I have barely touched the Scout and I don't know if I ever will.

And Grinchy, that is pretty much EXACTLY what happened. At least you can run away from a Petrusite :(

Grinchy

Banned
Lol who doesn't in this day and age? But my bad though. It's working now. The first time it sent me to a page that normally comes up if the post in question was deleted or made private. And I guessed right. Can totally empathise with what happened there. Bloody ridiculous. They should make it more COD like (just a bit though)

Yeah I think I had to make the video public so that was all on my end. Which also means that the other videos I've linked on here to my facebook account have never worked for anyone else lol

I still don't even know how to use Facebook...I made a bogus account for PS4 and it keeps suggesting I befriend some random guy that I must know.

And Grinchy, that is pretty much EXACTLY what happened. At least you can run away from a Petrusite :(
haha yep, I'm lucky that I love petrusite grenades or I'd have a lot more suicides by now

leng jai

I've been procrastinating on using petrusite grenades because I know unlocking the attachment to the Keyzer will just result in my suicides.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Was trying to play with gaf but kept getting thrown on the other team even though I was in the gaf party. Got tired of losing so I left. GG though lol

Didn't even realize I was on the other team at first because the playerid and popup text that shows who killed you is so hard to read. sigh...

RoeBear

Better than freezing mid-animation during brutal melee and your character just stand there waiting to be put out of his misery.

I raise you getting brutal stabbed only to fall to the ground and be stuck for 5 seconds then getting back up and being fine.

RoeBear

Grats on getting that platinum trophy, Roe Bear!

I used air drone so much this weekend. It was definitely cheap considering most players didn't have the missile attachment. Putting them all over the outside of the penthouse can actually rack up kills since most people don't think to use it on that level.

Mengetsu

I had played this over the weekend with my Plus membership and I have a few questions before I buy it.

How many people play because I only saw about 1000 people on during the weekend. Is this the average or was this just me playing with the free trial weekenders?

What is the season pass for when I saw the maps and such would be free?

And are there more classes? Was I not seeing the full Mutiplayer because it was a trial?

Thanks in advance.

RoeBear

The Pulver needs a buff. Can't see a single thing it does better than the Keyzer besides the marginally higher clip size.

Not sure if you meant Pulver or not but it for one isn't in the same class as the Keyzer and neither of those weapons need a buff and are fine on their own.

leng jai

Not sure if you meant Pulver or not but it for one isn't in the same class as the Keyzer and neither of those weapons need a buff and are fine on their own.

Keyzer needs a nerf really. The Pulver should at least have something it does better than the Assault guns. Long range it should be more effective than them but it isn't.

Gxgear

I had played this over the weekend with my Plus membership and I have a few questions before I buy it.

How many people play because I only saw about 1000 people on during the weekend. Is this the average or was this just me playing with the free trial weekenders?

What is the season pass for when I saw the maps and such would be free?

And are there more classes? Was I not seeing the full Mutiplayer because it was a trial?

Thanks in advance.

1k is around the peak from what I've seen. I play from 6pm - 12pm PST and the average is about 400-600.

Season pass appears to be for online co-op, details iffy on official blog.

What you saw is what you're gonna get.

Keyzer needs a nerf really. The Pulver should at least have something it does better than the Assault guns. Long range it should be more effective than them but it isn't.

The Pulver gets the missile launcher which can take out all drones, turrets, and nano shields. This is more useful for the team than getting a 10 kill streak, in my opinion.

From what I've used of it I think the rumbler outclasses it in every way. Although I do seem to get killed by headshots with that gun more than the others.

As for the Pulver I really don't think a buff is necessary. Don't really think the support class needs a rifle that's as good as an Assault weapon. The Sickle is ridiculous as it is.

leng jai

The Pulver gets the missile launcher which can take out all drones, turrets, and nano shields. This is more useful for the team than getting a 10 kill streak, in my opinion.

That's a good point. No one seems to use it though.

From what I've used of it I think the rumbler outclasses it in every way. Although I do seem to get killed by headshots with that gun more than the others.

As for the Pulver I really don't think a buff is necessary. Don't really think the support class needs a rifle that's as good as an Assault weapon. The Sickle is ridiculous as it is.

The Rumbler seems about as good as the Keyzer to me. I just feel like it's ridiculous that the Pulver isnt any better at range than the Keyzer/ Rumbler.

johntown

Banned
The Pulver needs a buff. Can't see a single thing it does better than the Keyzer besides the marginally higher clip size.
Honestly a lot of people think it needs to be nerfed some.

There is very low recoil on it and a player who is a decent shot can kill someone quicker than using the Keyzer. At least I can at mid range. Up closer the Keyzer is better. Rumbler has a very low recoil as well.

johntown

Banned
The Keyzer already has a nerf. It has higher recoil and muzzle flash compared to other weapons.

Grinchy

Banned

The Pulver is awesome! It's easily the best Support weapon. And I would hate to think that GG would be crazy enough to give the Support class an assault rifle that's as good as the ones used by the Assault class...

Should I feel dirty for only using the Purger?
Nah, they put guns like that in the game for a reason. Keep practicing and you'll be a big boy before you know it!

Grinchy

Banned
better is the teammate who sucks at shooting and jumps in the line of fire so after the enemy has killed him he can kill you becasue you wasted all your bullets shooting teammate in the back

hahaha yep that one is rage-inducing. I'm going to have a gif of that one at some point too. I recorded it one night but the PS4 recorded the wrong segment of gameplay, which seems to be a somewhat common issue with Share.

My rage inducing moments is when Im in the back of a pack of 3 or 4 people. Someone on the other side starts shooting and Im the fkn one that dies from a stray bullet passing through the pack. This has happened more times than I can count and it pisses me off to no end.

http://ow.ly/sdqKD

Their resolution list sounds pretty damn good.

'Tis a damn good list, no doubt.

Assassination, Classic KZ weapons, customization, GRENADE FIXES... All very exciting.

What that list basically tells me is that they don't think reviving with full ammo and a grenade is a bad thing. They're going to leave that dumb shit in this game forever :(

Thinking on it, I'm not even sure that this is such a bad thing. Restocking grenades is probably a bit rich, but the ammo restock is fair. I'm guessing that the rationale behind it is to 100% avoid the instance of players reviving without bullets, no matter how infrequent. Surely that would take the cake in terms of design oversights.

Grinchy

Banned
Thinking on it, I'm not even sure that this is such a bad thing. Restocking grenades is probably a bit rich, but the ammo restock is fair. I'm guessing that the rationale behind it is to 100% avoid the instance of players reviving without bullets, no matter how infrequent this may be. Surely that would take the cake in terms of design oversights.

I think it's a good thing if people respawn without bullets. Then people will have to choose whether or not they are in a good position to be revived. Revive spam is already pretty bad. Not only that, but ammo supply boxes will actually become useful if people don't revive with full ammo. It's just the way I see it.

Sophia

Thinking on it, I'm not even sure that this is such a bad thing. Restocking grenades is probably a bit rich, but the ammo restock is fair. I'm guessing that the rationale behind it is to 100% avoid the instance of players reviving without bullets, no matter how infrequent. Surely that would take the cake in terms of design oversights.

A good compromise would be to revive with partial ammo and give a grenade depending on the type.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
'Tis a damn good list, no doubt.

Assassination, Classic KZ weapons, customization, GRENADE FIXES... All very exciting.

Reduced blur in MP and better geometry detection is good for me too. If they bring back the M82, even as just a skin for the Rumbler I'll be so happy. The bolt action sniper would be cool to see return too.

leng jai

The Pulver is awesome! It's easily the best Support weapon. And I would hate to think that GG would be crazy enough to give the Support class an assault rifle that's as good as the ones used by the Assault class...

Nah, they put guns like that in the game for a reason. Keep practicing and you'll be a big boy before you know it!

The Pulver is the best gun because it's the only one support has that isn't ridiculously situational. That said I just had my best session ever with it before so I guess I was wrong, lol.

I don't know how many times I've been killed from behind only to see several team mates near him in the kill cam doing jack shit.

^ That happens to me all of the time. Once you pull the pin on that grenade one of your teammates is going to run right in your way. Never fails.

This happened to me several times yesterday. Grenades are bad enough as they are in this game with their random bouncing off invisible walls, this just adds insult to injury.

Sophia

"We currently have no plans to allow players to completely remap controls, but we are looking into adding multiple control schemes that should cater to most of your needs."

Ugh. This is one of the two really big issues with remote play right now. I hope they reconsider.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
"We currently have no plans to allow players to completely remap controls, but we are looking into adding multiple control schemes that should cater to most of your needs."

Ugh. This is one of the two really big issues with remote play right now. I hope they reconsider.

How do you even throw grenades or change fire modes on remote play? I couldn't figure it out.

Sophia

How do you even throw grenades or change fire modes on remote play? I couldn't figure it out.

Change fire modes is the bottom left of the touchscreen. Throw grenades is the bottom right. I'm surprised you couldn't figure it out seeing as it's EXTREMELY easy to accidentally suicide by grenade on remote play.

Like seriously. Did nobody consider the possibility that the grenade button could be hit by total accident moving the camera?

Huggers

The trick to this game if you're playing with strangers is to be a jack of all trades. You may need to plant a beacon, a turret or whatever, then storm in as assault all in the space of a couple of minutes. It's great fun but can be frustrating if you have to carry your team too much. Just hit 5000 kills, and have down just under 700 of the challenges. Can't stop playing

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Change fire modes is the bottom left of the touchscreen. Throw grenades is the bottom right. I'm surprised you couldn't figure it out seeing as it's EXTREMELY easy to accidentally suicide by grenade on remote play.

Ha, I never tried touching the screen. I didn't last long on remote play, was just checking out the feature. Doubt I'll use it much, if ever. Looks like a low quality youtube video.

Sophia

Ha, I never tried touching the screen. I didn't last long on remote play, was just checking out the feature. Doubt I'll use it much, if ever. Looks like a low quality youtube video.

It's not worth using. While most games are playable at an acceptable level on remote play, and some are genuinely playable the entire way (See: Knack), Killzone is virtually unplayable thanks to input lag and poorly mapped controls.

Top Bottom