• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

on a side-note, did anyone see this:

http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/...te-response-to-the-top-18-feedback-items.html

probs old news but just in case anyone missed it.

Really happy about the incoming grenade fix! Classic weapons sounds sweet. Maybe it will come out with the remake of Radec Academy?

Just started playing the MP for the fist time and got this random ass deth from abow kill, thought it looked pretty cool...
kz6_by_xbulletz-d70l1k4.gif

Also, is there any way to join servers that have the shield disabled?
Nice. Got my first one at random too. Was funny because I got it like a second after someone in my party randomly got one too.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Robo Plato your Avatar!?

What Have you DONE!

Lol but seriously your avi made you

Decided to jump in for Real Pic January. Terminator Plato will be back on Feb 1st.

Just started playing the MP for the fist time and got this random ass deth from abow kill, thought it looked pretty cool...
kz6_by_xbulletz-d70l1k4.gif

Gif looks awesome. My first one was totally random too. It was on Penthouse and I got the glass shot out from under my feet just as someone ran out beneath me.

Baliis

I agree with this. They're slow and the sound of them spinning up the gun to be prepared gives them away. It doesn't gel with my play style at all.

Its a fantastic gun, but not for running around with. I can clear a room in seconds with it, its just so so strong and accurate even at long range, so its great for holding a point.

leng jai

Its a fantastic gun, but not for running around with. I can clear a room in seconds with it, its just so so strong and accurate even at long range, so its great for holding a point.

Anytime I see a Purger and it's already heated up I die in less than half a second.

Baliis

Just got 3 MVPs in a row. You really need the points from the spawn beacon/reviving to get the most points in a game. Playing purely Assault doesn't usually rack up enough points.

MVP is different from top points I think. MVP is top kills and mission points, which usually assault can get.

leng jai

MVP is different from top points I think. MVP is top kills and mission points, which usually assault can get.

MVP = most points and most kills isn't it? In TDM it's bloody hard to top the points if you're purely assault the entire time.

Snipe my friend, or run about Scout with upgraded stealth and stab.

Yeah I get backstabbed a lot on The Wall. Definitely adds to my disdain of the map.

RoeBear

MVP = most points and most kills isn't it? In TDM it's bloody hard to top the points if you're purely assault the entire time.

MVP is as Baliis said top mission points along with most kills. In a TDM match you purely have to be on the winning team and have the most kills for MVP as 500 is the most points you can have as that's all the points you get for winning the mission.

MVP is most kills and highest score. You can get highest score and be the one to do the Finishing Move during the map vote, but MVP is an actual accolade you earn. I've only gotten it 2-3 times, but have kicked dudes in the nuts/face in the dirt/etc a bunch of times.

Also, earlier, I was playing with GAF party on The Factory and got tired of getting stabbed by cloaked enemies, so I went Scout and went on a knife rampage.

And I got enough Purger kills today to fulfill the requirements for the tier 4 Support King player card, so I can finally put it down. Just need some more Judaz kills (not so hard), ammo box resupplies (easy), and air drone kills (around 50 more, PITA).

And a big congrats to Kilgore, who died 7 times in a row in 30 seconds today!

leng jai

MVP is as Baliis said top mission points along with most kills. In a TDM match you purely have to be on the winning team and have the most kills for MVP as 500 is the most points you can have as that's all the points you get for winning the mission.

Ah that's where I was getting confused. Seems pretty unfair that you can't get MVP just because you're on the losing team.

RoeBear

MVP is most kills and highest score. You can get highest score and be the one to do the Finishing Move during the map vote, but MVP is an actual accolade you earn. I've only gotten it 2-3 times, but have kicked dudes in the nuts/face in the dirt/etc a bunch of times.

Also, earlier, I was playing with GAF party on The Factory and got tired of getting stabbed by cloaked enemies, so I went Scout and went on a knife rampage.

And I got enough Purger kills today to fulfill the requirements for the tier 4 Support King player card, so I can finally put it down. Just need some more Judaz kills (not so hard), ammo box resupplies (easy), and air drone kills (around 50 more, PITA).

I love fighting scout with scout. If you echo tag invisible people they only show up on your radar but it's so fun to see them trying to stab you before you shoot them in the face.

Yeah I get backstabbed a lot on The Wall. Definitely adds to my disdain of the map.

Sniping usually works if you stay up on the gantry. Otherwise you never know what's coming. Admittedly it's a bit boring sometimes but when it works out.... Damn does it work out.

About the purger I think as long as you don't use it to spearhead assaults it's brilliant as long as you keep it kinda revved up and the enemies aren't too far off to the side from your line of sight. It's probably the weapon you can get the quickest kills with bar the FOR and the sickle

The Wall is definitely my least favourite map. It's just one giant clusterfuck and I spend half the time blinded by glare.

it's enjoyable in TDM if you play as a scout, but that's about it :p

in mission mode it always tunnels people into the lower part creating a giant clusterfuck. biggest problem, imo, is the fact that almost every road has the lower center of the map as a forced way of progression, leading all people there and creating an unmanageable chaos.

samman6

http://ow.ly/sdqKD

Their resolution list sounds pretty damn good.
It's ok except:

"Introduce Ability to Completely Remap Controls [not at the moment]
We currently have no plans to allow players to completely remap controls, but we are looking into adding multiple control schemes that should cater to most of your needs."

This right here I don't understand how in this day and age, you can't map controls to whatever you want. Seriously it is 2014 people, this can't be to hard to implement. PC games have had this for a long time.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm gonna buy this today, I think...

Hopefully it clicks. I've been playing Battlefield quite extensively for the last few years (all my friends are there, I'm good at it, I know it) but with each new game it moves farther away from what I actually want from a shooter. Too many stupid deaths. Too many balance issues. Too much OP lock-on no-skill weapons. Too many fucking snipers.

I'm going into KZ MP kind of blind... so not sure if it has all the same issues. We'll see in a few hours.

Rubenov

Hopefully it clicks. I've been playing Battlefield quite extensively for the last few years (all my friends are there, I'm good at it, I know it) but with each new game it moves farther away from what I actually want from a shooter. Too many stupid deaths. Too many balance issues. Too much OP lock-on no-skill weapons. Too many fucking snipers.

I'm going into KZ MP kind of blind... so not sure if it has all the same issues. We'll see in a few hours.

Welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

Well, don't get too frustrated. Youre going to be a noob going into a game with "pros". There will be lots of stupid deaths until you get your feel for playing. The best thing to do try to play with the rest of us. It took me a while to not play like Stevie Wonder.

Finally had a try at actually uploading some footage with my PS4: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1377424782516379
I don't use facebook so I had to make a new account.I like that you can upload in standby mode, although it got cancelled part way through the first time I tried.

If you go to 13:45 you can see me get a sextuple kill. And at 8:30 or so you can see a scout with ridiculous tunnel vision let me and others get killed. Also, a fairly devastating example of what happens when there is only one person (me) placing spawn beacons. I die with it on cooldown and no-one else has dropped one so the bomb is defused just as it is about to blow.

I think the best thing to do would be to give the turret and air support to other classes if they are hesitant in making the spawn beacon the primary ability (and maybe even remove the drone buddy. Right now the support has 5 secondary abilities while the other have 3. 4/4/3 (or 4/3/3 without the drone buddy) would make more sense to me than 3/3/5. There is a challenge for destroying enemy supply beacons but I don't know how anyone is meant to get it without boosting if I haven't seen a single supply beacon.

Add me electroshockwave on Facebook. My name is Stan Hull. I have a charlotte hornets logo as my avatar. I share a lot of videos on Facebook as well.

Nipo

Finally had a try at actually uploading some footage with my PS4: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1377424782516379
I don't use facebook so I had to make a new account.I like that you can upload in standby mode, although it got cancelled part way through the first time I tried.

If you go to 13:45 you can see me get a sextuple kill. And at 8:30 or so you can see a scout with ridiculous tunnel vision let me and others get killed. Also, a fairly devastating example of what happens when there is only one person (me) placing spawn beacons. I die with it on cooldown and no-one else has dropped one so the bomb is defused just as it is about to blow.

I think the best thing to do would be to give the turret and air support to other classes if they are hesitant in making the spawn beacon the primary ability (and maybe even remove the drone buddy. Right now the support has 5 secondary abilities while the other have 3. 4/4/3 (or 4/3/3 without the drone buddy) would make more sense to me than 3/3/5. There is a challenge for destroying enemy supply beacons but I don't know how anyone is meant to get it without boosting if I haven't seen a single supply beacon.

That would leave support with Spawn, Revive, teleport and Supply Box. Since Supply is pretty useless everyone would roll spawn, revive except the situations Teleport is useful like towards the end of a round.

Playing with randoms it is pretty obvious not enough people play support as it is. Taking away all their offensive abilities seems like a very bad idea. You can't force people into dropping spawns by nerfing the class they'll just play scout and assault instead.

Edit: have you actually used either the turret or air support before? I was just looking at the profile of someone with a similar name and they have 0 kills with both abilities.

That would leave support with Spawn, Revive, teleport and Supply Box. Since Supply is pretty useless everyone would roll spawn, revive except the situations Teleport is useful like towards the end of a round.

Playing with randoms it is pretty obvious not enough people play support as it is. Taking away all their offensive abilities seems like a very bad idea. You can't force people into dropping spawns by nerfing the class they'll just play scout and assault instead.

Edit: have you actually used either the turret or air support before? I was just looking at the profile of someone with a similar name and they have 0 kills with both abilities.

No, I haven't. I've pretty much been exclusively playing support with spawns.out of necessity. And if randoms are playing supports just for the offensive capability of turrets or to grind out air support challenges then they're not that useful. I think also by getting rid of the full ammo refill from revives they could increase the the viability of the supply beacons.

test_account

XP-39C²
Ah that's where I was getting confused. Seems pretty unfair that you can't get MVP just because you're on the losing team.
That is only on Team Deathmatch games only though. Its due to the nature of that game, since you get 500 points for winning a mission, but the only mission is TDM and there is no other objectives in that mode. Its possible to get most mission points and still lose in the other Warzone modes.

It's ok except:

"Introduce Ability to Completely Remap Controls [not at the moment]
We currently have no plans to allow players to completely remap controls, but we are looking into adding multiple control schemes that should cater to most of your needs."

This right here I don't understand how in this day and age, you can't map controls to whatever you want. Seriously it is 2014 people, this can't be to hard to implement. PC games have had this for a long time.
Its fully possible. Haze for PS3 had fully customizing buttons i remember. I also wonder why this isnt more common on consoles games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Its fully possible. Haze for PS3 had fully customizing buttons i remember. I also wonder why this isnt more common on consoles games.

The reason is really stupid. Hardware makers discourage it because there's a chance a player will make a bad control scheme and shit on the game because of it. They would rather take away the option and have several tested presets instead. I'm pretty sure Sony is actually forcing their first party devs to not put in customizable controls.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't need to remap the controls except for the ability button being left on the dpad. That is such a ridiculous button to have to press for most of the abilities.

Grinchy

Banned
Let me do that and switch melee and crouch and I'm happy.

I'm surprised you'd want to take your thumb off the joystick that aims you at someone you need to melee. I've played games with O as the melee button and it sucked. Obviously, to each his own, I'm not knockin you if you like that better, but I'm kinda surprised that someone would prefer it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm surprised you'd want to take your thumb off the joystick that aims you at someone you need to melee. I've played games with O as the melee button and it sucked. Obviously, to each his own, I'm not knockin you if you like that better, but I'm kinda surprised that someone would prefer it.

I use crouch a lot more than melee... not being able to switch it is pretty annoying.

Nipo

If i played assault or scout more I'd probably agree. When playing support the only time I melee is when I sneak up behind someone so hitting O isn't a problem. I use crouch a ton and like having all my movement on the thumbsticks.

morlock

I play with L1/R1 for aim/fire.

Only button config I want is to map crouch to L2.

As of now L2 is only used for secondary fire toggle, rather have that on d-pad up if I can have crouch on L2...

test_account

XP-39C²
The reason is really stupid. Hardware makers discourage it because there's a chance a player will make a bad control scheme and shit on the game because of it. They would rather take away the option and have several tested presets instead. I'm pretty sure Sony is actually forcing their first party devs to not put in customizable controls.
Thats a strange reason indeed. I guess i could see some reasoning behind it, but i dont see the reasoning to leave the option out. Its afterall possible to have both pre-set and fully customizing control schemes.

This is weird, especially considering Gran Turismo. I always have to remap the hell out of that game to get it to work semi-comfortably.

I always figured it was because of possible glitches and exploits with certain action combos.

johntown

Banned
Haha I know you love the purger. Every time we played against you in the Open Weekend and I was killed by a purger Baliis always came up as the killer. : )

Sophia

I don't think that's entirely true? Resogun has fully customizable controls. Mind you, it's a Shootemup but...

Baliis

Haha I know you love the purger. Every time we played against you in the Open Weekend and I was killed by a purger Baliis always came up as the killer. : )

Probably 99% of the Open Weekend, I was using either the grenade launcher or the purger. Had so many last minute saves on Search and Destroy by just rolling into the bomb room and getting 5-6 kills in a couple seconds with the Purger. People love to try to funnel out of a room or down a hallway, and the Purger just wrecks in situations like that.

Probably 99% of the Open Weekend, I was using either the grenade launcher or the purger. Had so many last minute saves on Search and Destroy by just rolling into the bomb room and getting 5-6 kills in a couple seconds with the Purger. People love to try to funnel out of a room or down a hallway, and the Purger just wrecks in situations like that.
istDPR0luK01B.gif

I can see where you are coming from and I find myself frequently (and accidentally) hitting the melee when in the middle of a firefight. This I put down to the R3 button being more sensitive than the DS3 though. It's unfortunate as I prefer using R3 for melee

Just had my first MP session after having only played through the story mode. It's fun and I like it. Those cloaked snipers though...

How do you guys handle the Shotgun and Revolver guys?

I stopped playing for like a month and just came back, had no issue adapting to the no aim-assist and was killing it vs. players with every gun type...accept the shotty and revolver.

I was laying round after round into them but in a matter of miliseconds I was insta dead. I'm guessing they are known "power" weapons cause all the higher level guys on the opposing team relied on them and destroyed everyone with them.

I stopped playing for like a month and just came back, had no issue adapting to the no aim-assist and was killing it vs. players with every gun type...accept the shotty and revolver.

I was laying round after round into them but in a matter of miliseconds I was insta dead. I'm guessing they are known "power" weapons cause all the higher level guys on the opposing team relied on them and destroyed everyone with them.

Never really had that.
One miss with the shotgun and you are done for, as the reload times are a killer.

Baliis

Grenade launcher as assault with speed boost was about the only thing that worked for me unless I was also running those guns.

Nipo

The are useful on certain level (particularly penthouse) if you see someone with one keep running backwards while shooting as the range isn't that great. Close up both are one shot kills.

Yeah I got MVP once. It gave me some killing options and I took too much time mulling it over and then the guy on his knees took me out. I couldn't stop laughing.

I believe it's the highest team points score, so no use only going TDM on the enemy team.

Top Bottom