• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Dibbz

Awwwww yeah I'm back motherfuckers. What's going on in the world where Shadows Fall? Prizes announced yet for top 20?

i'm looking for someone to play with, possibly with mics, better in eu so we're in the same timezone.

i alaways play alone and sometimes cooperation in warzone matches is really awful...

my id is tommasoted if someone wants to add me :)

People asking about lag, personally it wasn't bad when I started playing about two hours ago, but now I'm seeing people teleporting/skating. It doesn't make it unplayable but when you're up against a decent player, it makes it much harder than usual to get a kill. This is on a 24 player warzone btw

meppi

Never had much problem with lag besides a game or two a couple of weeks back.

Had a tiny bit of lag yesterday, but that was probably due to being invited into a US server.
Nothing game breaking though. Just a split second delay on dropping some people.

I dont blame people for not picking the Spawn Beacon, its just not a fun mechanic. The only enjoyment you get from it is knowing youre helping the team in a big way. The ability in and of itself is not fun to use.

I dont blame people for not picking the Spawn Beacon, its just not a fun mechanic. The only enjoyment you get from it is knowing youre helping the team in a big way. The ability in and of itself is not fun to use.

Speak for yoself!

I love the damn thing and its the main reason I've roled support for so long

I think you do have a point. Once it's placed, that's it pretty much. No proper fun, but there is a sense of accomplishment when you place it deep in enemy territory or in a brilliant flanking position

TheJerit

If anyone is up for playing, hit me up. Been playing for a bit today. Now its time for drinks and catching the playoff game between rounds
Edit: username is the same as on hurr

Surely people know that you can suck ass but place hella spawn beacons and still do really well, right? You could be killing it on assault and still get beat by someone on support dropping spawn beacons. 75pts each time someone spawns really adds up.

Surely people know that you can suck ass but place hella spawn beacons and still do really well, right? You could be killing it on assault and still get beat by someone on support dropping spawn beacons. 75pts each time someone spawns really adds up.

Being the only user of the Spawn Beacon on a bad team has netted me my highest score on multiple ocassions simply due to what you mentioned.

torontoml

I believe this is why I usually vastly outscore my team and sometimes everyone else, but I'm also near or at the top in mission points and kills. Reviving also helps a lot, that 100 points per revive adds up a lot when you are one of the few doing it.

just had a much, extended warzone. winning 3 - 0, then lost it 3 - 5.

this hurts :(

i think in the previous one i was with elektroshockwave (say one of his vids here), you got top player in the match with more than 20k points, man. congrats!

I believe this is why I usually vastly outscore my team and sometimes everyone else, but I'm also near or at the top in mission points and kills. Reviving also helps a lot, that 100 points per revive adds up a lot when you are one of the few doing it.

Same for me, I'm usually always in the top 3

sunnz

I love using the spawn beacon. Goood for the team sure but it also means I don't have to run a lot too, good to place one down before I do something risky.

BUT I just hate the weapon selection for the class. The guns are just... boring and shitty, which is kinda funny since it contains a minigun, 3 burst power weapon and LMGs but they just are not fun to use at all, feel generic ( and the minigun and the burst one take a bit too long to shoot)

LMG from KZ2 though, they were great to use.
I do love the shotgun though, beast weapon.

BUT I just hate the weapon selection for the class. The guns are just... boring and shitty, which is kinda funny since it contains a minigun, 3 burst power weapon and LMGs but they just are not fun to use at all, feel generic ( and the minigun and the burst one take a bit too long to shoot)

It's not that they're shitty, it's that the two rifles have a stupid amount of muzzle flash and recoil and like others said, shooting them becomes confusing as fuck. I almost always pick up a stray Rumbler or whatever else is around because of it.

Nipo

It's not that they're shitty, it's that the two rifles have a stupid amount of muzzle flash and recoil and like others said, shooting them becomes confusing as fuck. I almost always pick up a stray Rumbler or whatever else is around because of it.

GG said they are going to release a "classic weapon pack". I never played previous killzones what were the tactician, field medic, engineer weapons like? Were any popular enough they might introduce them?

GG said they are going to release a "classic weapon pack". I never played previous killzones what were the tactician, field medic, engineer weapons like? Were any popular enough they might introduce them?

Duuuude

Field Medic that came with M82 Rifle in KZ2 was GOD-TIER
I NEVER played another class.

sunnz

The M82 for the ISA is probably one of the best weapons created in an FPS for me, it was just SO GOOD to use. The way it looked, reloaded, felt and sounded was awesome, as well as the impact it gives.

SMG was great too as well as the semi auto rifle in it. LMGs were very fun to use as well.

KZ 2 weapons >> KZ SF, even if there are less.

The M82 for the ISA is probably one of the best weapons created in an FPS for me, it was just SO GOOD to use. The way it looked, reloaded, felt and sounded was awesome, as well as the impact it gives.

SMG was great too as well as the semi auto rifle in it. LMGs were very fun to use as well.

While I put SF ahead of KZ2 in terms of SP campaign, indeed KZ2 still reigns supreme with weapons and MP in general.
As I said in the other thread, I hate how GG finally gave in and made ADS the primary firing method (thank god for the Sickle in SF).
Hip firing was wonderful in KZ2 (almost as if GG expected you to play it primarily that way) and i'm still upset that it's no longer a standard that both them and other developers in general, go with T___T

I recently went back to KZ2 and using the M82 again was nice. Can't wait for the classic weapon pack.

sunnz

While I put SF ahead of KZ2 in terms of SP campaign, indeed KZ2 still reigns supreme with weapons and MP in general.
As I said in the other thread, I hate how GG finally gave in and made ADS the primary firing method (thank god for the Sickle in SF).
Hip firing was wonderful in KZ2 (almost as if GG expected you to play it primarily that way) and i'm still upset that it's no longer a standard that both them and other developers in general, go with T___T

Yep, I still have that hip fire mentality when I play KZ SF since I used it SO much in KZ2 since it was effective and awesome to use, since you weren't zooming in ( ADS) it made the battles feel more intense for me.

Hate how it is almost pointless in KZ SF, probably my number 1 dislike of the game and even why I find the general gun combat boring, especially since i never felt that with KZ2 ( and I do still play from time to time)

leng jai

Yep, I still have that hip fire mentality when I play KZ SF since I used it SO much in KZ2 since it was effective and awesome to use, since you weren't zooming in ( ADS) it made the battles feel more intense for me.

Hate how it is almost pointless in KZ SF, probably my number 1 dislike of the game and even why I find the general gun combat boring, especially since i never felt that with KZ2 ( and I do still play from time to time)

Hip fire is fine at close range with the appropriate weapons. Do people really expect to be killing people at mid range all the time running around with hip fire?

Grinchy

Banned
Hip fire is fine at close range with the appropriate weapons. Do people really expect to be killing people at mid range all the time running around with hip fire?

Yeah, that's one complaint I will just never understand. The gunplay in this game is arguably one of its greatest strengths. Hip fire works exactly how I thought it should.

test_account

XP-39C²
Today i quit my first match out of rage. I was playing on 'The Wall', and my team was pushed hard. I managed to get out of my base unnoticed, and i got to place a spawn beacon near the enemy base, which were practically empty.

I then captured their beacon, run towards my base and die 5 meters away from the drop point. My team didnt manage to capture it, so the enemy returned it. Then the enemy captured our beacon, ran to the base and scored, then it was like 10 second left. So annoying!

No complain about the game, but i just had to vent that one hehe.

Yeah, that's one complaint I will just never understand. The gunplay in this game is arguably one of its greatest strengths. Hip fire works exactly how I thought it should.
In Killzone 2, hipfire was quite effective, even at medium/longer range. Aiming down sight wasnt really needed in that game. They changed this in Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall, where ADS is pretty much necessary (except at very close range as you mention). I guess its a bit similar to how Motorstorm was changed in Apocalypse, where the driving physics were changed (i mention this since we talked a bit about that yesterday :)).

It comes down to what one prefer the most. Personally i think both aiming system works quite well.

Rubenov

Yeah, this game makes me rage sometimes as well. I think it's indicative of a good game. Mediocre games elicit no response from me.

leng jai

I can't remember KZ2 that well but I do remember using the sights pretty often. Did KZ2 have auto aim? How can you find the gun fights in this game boring? I don't understand how constant hip firing on a gamepad would be satisfying - it would just come across as spammy.

Finally unlocked Support King tier 4 last night, now I never have to worry about player card icons again. Funnily enough, the tier 3 icon looks nicer (gold) than tier 4 (blue).

This is actually more or less why I use it more than any other ability. If we win, I can rightfully say, "I was fucking instrumental to that victory".

And while this may be extremely idealist, I feel as if my teammates that actually went for the win and pulled their weight - the GOOD ones - recognize your impact and appreciate your efforts.

Anyone who is half-decent at this game knows that spawn beacons are imperative to win. It's just a shame that they don't suck it up and do it themselves more often, but I'm happy to be that guy; the selfless hero with the most points at the end of the day *kicks loser in the balls*.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, this game makes me rage sometimes as well. I think it's indicative of a good game. Mediocre games elicit no response from me.
That is true :)

I can't remember KZ2 that well but I do remember using the sights pretty often. Did KZ2 have auto aim? How can you find the gun fights in this game boring? I don't understand how constant hip firing on a gamepad would be satisfying - it would just come across as spammy.
I cant say 100% for sure if Killzone 2 had any auto aim, but if it had, it was very subtle. Using ADS in Killzone 2 was also effective indeed, especially on longer ranges.

leng jai

I'm beginning to think the mini-gun is OP and people need to spread the fuck out. It's always some guy just spamming it that has the most kills in TDM. It's virtually impossible to beat it 1 on 1 if you miss the charge up phase.

Dibbz

Outcast to community :( Was only a mtter of time.

Played a couple of matches of KZ after a weekend off my PS4 and I couldn't hit shit. Still had a blast putting spawns down and setting up turrets bring one of the matches from 0-4 to 4-4.

Also Laser Mine into a big group of HGH to give me a triple kill is always nice.

This is actually more or less why I use it more than any other ability. If we win, I can rightfully say, "I was fucking instrumental to that victory".

And while this may be extremely idealist, I feel as if my teammates that actually went for the win and pulled their weight - the GOOD ones - recognize your impact and appreciate your efforts.

Anyone who is half-decent at this game knows that spawn beacons are imperative to win. It's just a shame that they don't suck it up and do it themselves more often, but I'm happy to be that guy; the selfless hero with the most points at the end of the day *kicks loser in the balls*.

Hell yeah

sunnz

I just feel the combat felt more fluid in KZ2 since you didn't have to ADS so much. Like you didn't have to always zoom in to shoot and effectively kill someone, you could just aim your gun and shoot them, it wasn't super accurate but it was more effective than it is in KZ SF.

Dont get me wrong,hip fire wasn't OP in KZ2 but it was defiantly a much better option than in is in other games. ADS in KZ2 was still needed ( required really) for medium to long range battles which made a nice balance.

johntown

Banned
Awwwww yeah I'm back motherfuckers. What's going on in the world where Shadows Fall? Prizes announced yet for top 20?
Haha welcome back!

We talked to Evilore and he decided to let you back on the forums but your top 20 prize goes to him. ; )

*kick you in the balls out of utmost respect*

Dumb question: how do you get the avatars on your player card? Tell you what, I don't appreciate all the non-downloadable downloadable content, GG!

Go to My Career from main menu and press R1 to cycle to 'Playercard Icons'

Yeah, so whats with the lag?

Had it bad in both 24 extended warzone and classic. Players skating around, shots not registering for a full second or more.

Any changes been made to the infrastructure or through patches that would explain things?

I've switched to Battlefield recently because its been playing better (Rush mode), and thats kindof nuts.

RoeBear

Ok so the last few day's I've been replaying some MP for KZ 2/3 and I can't believe how blind people are. How can people still be praising KZ2 saying it's the best MP in the KZ series. KZ SF has everything unlocked apart from attachments and completely upgraded abilities. KZ2 starts you off with a choice of two guns. KZ 3 is the same way you have to play a ton to unlock the weapons and abilities so a new person to the game will have a clear disadvantage to one who has poured in tons of hours.

KZ2's map design is all a wash to my eyes everything is the same color. SF takes great strides in showing the distinct difference between Vektan and Helgan architecture. The structures of the maps seem balanced in 2 but they aren't terrible in SF.

In sum, I just wish people would just stop saying that KZ2 is better than SF.

Top Bottom