• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

This is what I try to do, but what happens is that I live too damn long. My natural inclination is to play objectively and not die, so I always find that I'm 5 minutes into the match and I'm still playing my damn spawn beacon loadout haha.

I don't personally see an issue with the classes/loadouts as they are now, though. I just wish they would have had the foresight to make the spawn beacon ability take longer to level up. I don't know what they were thinking with that. Why did they want people putting the most time into cloak kills and buddy drone kills? It's fucking baffling. If it took longer to level up spawn beacons, we'd have a ton of people laying them all the time.

I don't think extending the challenges will make much difference. If it was due to that we would see more noobs running spawns. People only like abilities that help them kill. It's ridiculous. Plus making spawn default will break the game the GG envisioned with engineers reviving people. I don't think anyone would pick revive if it wasn't default. I know I wouldn't

leng jai

I usually play Support at the very beginning to establish a spawn beacon for my team right off the bat. After that I play Assault until there are no spawn beacons (or any in decent spots) which unfortunately happens all the time. The problem is when I'm playing Support I stay alive too long and it seriously stifles my killing potential. Most of the time I end up rambo-ing into the enemy base just so I can go back to Assault, lol.

Hi Guys & Gals.

I'm trying to play a private match against my son in a Custom Warzone I've created (Up Close And Personal = Like A Boss - but with all the maps).

We also want to make another similar but with Scout Abilities allowed for Cloak so one of us is gonna play as Scout/Fors and the other as Support but with any Shotgun using the mission 'Beacon Safeguard'.

However, I can't get it to work.

Can anyone tell me how to do this, step by step - set up a private match 1 v 1 against each other?

Still trying to prove I'm not 'too' old to the little whipper snapper lol plus I kind of like the idea of the Scout/Cloak/Fors vs Support/Shotgun especially.

Thanks.

I don't think extending the challenges will make much difference. If it was due to that we would see more noobs running spawns. People only like abilities that help them kill. It's ridiculous. Plus making spawn default will break the game the GG envisioned with engineers reviving people. I don't think anyone would pick revive if it wasn't default. I know I wouldn't

Have to agree with this, I play support 90% of the time mainly for beacons. I actually really enjoy placing beacons as I feel its the way I can most help the team. WOOO beacons!!

Letting people have spawn beacons and turrets would be the stupidest thing I can imagine. A full team playing support can already throw out too many, I can't even imagine if everyone could have both.

It doesn't necessarily have to be exactly as I quoted-- but the general idea of splitting Spawn Beacon/Revive as primaries across two different classes... maybe it can work?

Dibbz

Hi Guys & Gals.

I'm trying to play a private match against my son in a Custom Warzone I've created (Up Close And Personal = Like A Boss - but with all the maps).

We also want to make another similar but with Scout Abilities allowed for Cloak so one of us is gonna play as Scout/Fors and the other as Support but with any Shotgun using the mission 'Beacon Safeguard'.

However, I can't get it to work.

Can anyone tell me how to do this, step by step - set up a private match 1 v 1 against each other?

Still trying to prove I'm not 'too' old to the little whipper snapper lol plus I kind of like the idea of the Scout/Cloak/Fors vs Support/Shotgun especially.

Thanks.

I know you want step by step but a little help is better than no help.

Go to the Multiplayer menu, click on Browse Warzones on the left. There should be an option to create a Warzone with Triangle I think. From there, there are a load of options you can toggle on off, from class abilities, weapons, missions etc. You can also add a security code to your Warzone so you can keep it private so only you and anyone with the code can join.

Note there is no split screen so you guys have to play on your own PS4's.

Fun games tonight with GAF. Join a match 0-4 down to win it 5-4 was good lol. Bloody public matches for ya.

Dibbz

The challenges are driving me mad. Not because they're hard but because to complete them I cannot run Support which means I have to rely on my team mates and we all know how that works in KZ. Fucking wankers, everyone that I play with. Either get put with guys that are below 600 or people that just don't give a fuck.

Yeah well fuck all of you random KZ people. Fuck you in the face.

I'd roll with GAF but a party of 5+ usually means its hard to get into a full game.

I'd be highly surprised if a GAF group ever lost a match unless it was against another organised group. The average play of a pub player in KZ4 is absolutely dire.

Yeah, the teams that win usually have people in a party chat on them. It's hard to enjoy the game when you're playing on your own with randoms. Once in a while you'll get lucky and have good randoms, but those are slim odds...

torontoml

Yeah, the teams that win usually have people in a party chat on them. It's hard to enjoy the game when you're playing on your own with randoms. Once in a while you'll get lucky and have good randoms, but those are slim odds...
Honestly that's mostly what I play with, I think I have around a 2.3 W/L ratio, so I definitely hook up with people that at least have some idea of what they are doing. But I have to believe that my spawn placement has a lot to do with it, since I'm usually the only one putting spawns down.

If there is one thing that can win a game it's spawns.

Rubenov

Just had had 106 kills in one game... me and kingdoug (and a bunch of so-so randoms) against a pretty high-level party. Ended up winning 5-4. Best game I've had so far.

Just had had 106 kills in one game... me and kingdoug (and a bunch of so-so randoms) against a pretty high-level party. Ended up winning 5-4. Best game I've had so far.

Definitely one of the best, I got 73 and I thought that was high. Won the last match with one beacon greater than the other team.

Marvel

could never
Got this with my PS4 yesterday, I'm terrible at it but man it's really fun. I need some KZ buddies please add me!

PSN: Assassio

Added myself to the spreadsheet also.

TheWriter

So I have not informed myself about any previous Killzone games or this one before, as I want to start into this game fresh. Only one question, is it possible to play with female characters in this game in multiplayer? It's possible in CoD and Blacklight, but I haven't found any info about this for Killzone.

bLaiSe

So I have not informed myself about any previous Killzone games or this one before, as I want to start into this game fresh. Only one question, is it possible to play with female characters in this game in multiplayer? It's possible in CoD and Blacklight, but I haven't found any info about this for Killzone.
Not at the moment, but it might be added via an update because they added downloadable female voice packs which you can't purchase yet.

leng jai

^ That's insane. Don't think I've even broken 50 kills yet.

Play Warzone and use the Purger.

My KD is up to 1.84 after being at 1.1 for the first month in my scout days. I seem to be destroying everyone in TDM with consistent scores like 37-8 and MVP every second match. I don't actually feel like I'm all that good - everyone seems to be terrible.

Play Warzone and use the Purger.

My KD is up to 1.84 after being at 1.1 for the first month in my scout days. I seem to be destroying everyone in TDM with consistent scores like 37-8 and MVP every second match. I don't actually feel like I'm all that good - everyone seems to be terrible.

Going on our brief meeting, you're definitely a lot better than the average dipshit. Big up yoself!

So, I've played 3 days worth of this game in MP and I'm yet to shoot more than 20 bullets out of the Purger and the Scout weapons. I should probably mix things up a bit.

leng jai

Going on our brief meeting, you're definitely a lot better than the average dipshit. Big up yoself!

So, I've played 3 days worth of this game in MP and I'm yet to shoot more than 20 bullets out of the Purger and the Scout weapons. I should probably mix things up a bit.

All I do is hang behind my meatshields and pick people off with the Rumbler. People camping behind shields are so free grenade kills. It's amazing how many people just run into the open and die instantly.

All I do is hang behind my meatshields and pick people off with the Rumbler. People camping behind shields are so free grenade kills. It's amazing how many people just run into the open and die instantly.

Troo dat. The most baffling thing to me in TDM is a persistent and collective unwillingness to seek an alternate route; to fucking flank! I mean, don't we all know this from watching movies and whatnot?

manfestival

I believe I have gotten 30 kills in one game but thats the most Ive gotten period. Plenty of games with 20 kills though. I cannot imagine getting 100 in one game of kz

Troo dat. The most baffling thing to me in TDM is a persistent and collective unwillingness to seek an alternate route; to fucking flank! I mean, don't we all know this from watching movies and whatnot?

My god. THIS. This absolutely does my nut in. I guess it's good in a selfish way because while my teammates throw into the meatgrinder by going to the same chokepoints, I can bring out my breacher, run around the back and rack up the kills. MvP'd so many times doing that.

What does my head in is playing with randoms and NO ONE on your team being willing to destroy enemy spawn beacons. They just run straight on past then wonder why they keep getting beat.

I don't care about my K/D ratio so I just charge on in there and hit the stun blast or melee that spaw beacon. Bane of my life is a well placed opposition spawn beacon!

I've almost finished the assault abilities. Scout's almost done, just need to get the cloak kills. One I'm dreading most is support, just because I'll have to finally dedicate some time to using the air and ground turret.

Grinchy

Banned
I had a (relatively) lag-free night of play last night. I was also insanely shocked to find like 3 spawn beacons already placed when I joined the match. In fact people were using them for the whole 2 or 3 hours that I played. I only had to go to my spawn beacon loadout a couple times.

My god. THIS. This absolutely does my nut in. I guess it's good in a selfish way because while my teammates throw into the meatgrinder by going to the same chokepoints, I can bring out my breacher, run around the back and rack up the kills. MvP'd so many times doing that.
I always find it shocking on the Penthouse level that about 65% of the team thinks the only route available from the spawn is down the stairs. They will seriously spend the entire match running down the same flight of stairs, getting into a dumb battle with the spawn-campers from the other team. I don't think they even know that they have other choices. Hell, they probably don't even know that there are objectives.

Dibbz

I always find it shocking on the Penthouse level that about 65% of the team thinks the only route available from the spawn is down the stairs. They will seriously spend the entire match running down the same flight of stairs, getting into a dumb battle with the spawn-campers from the other team. I don't think they even know that they have other choices. Hell, they probably don't even know that there are objectives.

lol totally. There's like 5 different paths before you get to the stairs but lol they don't have a god damn clue. Most maps are like that, and most people are dumb as bricks, they go where everyone is dying.

Does GAF have any KZ clan matches scheduled for the KZ ladder? I haven't really been on to speak to you guys in a while.

Baliis

I'm usually the guy waiting at the bottom with a minigun or grenade launcher, it's hilarious.

leng jai

That's the point I'm trying to get across. It's so easy to be good at this game because the entire player base seems to be oblivious to the basic concepts of the game.

The other paths aren't that great and take a while. There's the glass roof side and the ladder down to the balconies. But neither of those paths contribute to everybody shooting at each other mindlessly via those short intervals where both sides can see each other as the central area spins around.

You could always plant a spawn beacon somewhere else on the map but who has time for teamwork? There's assault class pistol attachments to unlock.

leng jai

The Park is probably the easiest map to rack up kills. So many meat shields in the doorways and ridiculously obvious flanking opportunities.

Baliis

The other paths aren't that great and take a while. There's the glass roof side and the ladder down to the balconies. But neither of those paths contribute to everybody shooting at each other mindlessly via those short intervals where both sides can see each other as the central area spins around.

You could always plant a spawn beacon somewhere else on the map but who has time for teamwork? There's assault class pistol attachments to unlock.

Hey now, the ripper is beast with the triple shot. But yea, there's so many ways out of the penthouse spawn it's silly, but no one ever drops spawns at any of them so they take like 30 seconds to run around. People don't even try to just vault over the first staircase and drop down right next to the back rooms and use those, they just run down the stairs over and over.

johntown

Banned
lol totally. There's like 5 different paths before you get to the stairs but lol they don't have a god damn clue. Most maps are like that, and most people are dumb as bricks, they go where everyone is dying.

Does GAF have any KZ clan matches scheduled for the KZ ladder? I haven't really been on to speak to you guys in a while.
Hopefully this weekend. We can have up to 8 players so as long as enough are on and on the team we can play. Getting everyone online at the same time has proven challenging.

I will try to get one early on Saturday if you want to play. I can set them up anytime but we need at least 5 players on the roster online.

If other people want to join send me a msg so we can get a few practice games with competitive rules before doing a ladder match.

Anyone can join. You just have to be willing to communicate, run spawns and assault speed and not whine if we get destroyed by another team. : )

Kingbrave

Why does this game have such a bad rep for? I've been loving the mp since last week when I got my PS4.

I'm addicted to the chirp...

leng jai

Why does this game have such a bad rep for? I've been loving the mp since last week when I got my PS4.

I'm addicted to the chirp...

The bad rep is mostly for its dire single player campaign and from the COD crowd who don't like that you can't fly around like ninjas.

Top Bottom