• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

leng jai

YEAHYOUDID! And I saw that. Impressive. Knocked me off my perch, too :) I was on fire last night. Good times.

I remember after a couple of successful rounds, I decided to cease my valiant spawn beacon efforts and turret it up a bit on the Station. Lo and behold, the start we had was noticeably underwhelming in comparison. I don't mind at all when players like you are more than pulling their weight with kills and getting amongst it, but it's annoying to see your team become so complacent and not give a shit that spawns aren't being thrown down.

Why do you think we were dominating, guys? Why?

Yeah we did terribly on the Station at the beginning. I do remember putting a spawn beacon at the beginning but I'm pretty sure no one used it. I sprinted all the way to their spawn at the beginning and then I had to run back to our spawn because that was where all the action was.

I was semi-AFK for the first few games and you were on top every time, lol.

Baliis

yay! had a 22345 points match in the Wall map, my highest in 20 matches. was in the 24 players Warzone mode.

is it good? can i go higher?

It's pretty good, but points are really dependent on game type and length. 24 warzone doesn't use capture and hold which is a crazy point generator in a hectic game.

johntown

Banned
Good lord I hate playing with randoms. See one guy sniping from the base the whole match!? I made sure I rifle butted him everytime I went past.

If it was not for me and Baliis laying spawns the other team would have destroyed us.

I don't get it? Are people really bad with the Pulver or something? Can they only win by placing bots? Do people not care about winning the match?

Lately games with randoms have been terrible. If it was not for other gaffers joining on me I would have rage quit so many games.

Baliis

Good lord I hate playing with randoms. See one guy sniping from the base the whole match!? I made sure I rifle butted him everytime I went past.

If it was not for me and Baliis laying spawns the other team would have destroyed us.

I don't get it? Are people really bad with the Pulver or something? Can they only win by placing bots? Do people not care about winning the match?

Lately games with randoms have been terrible. If it was not for other gaffers joining on me I would have rage quit so many games.

That extended I played with you was fun, but wow most of our team was garbage. I feel you though, my win/loss almost dropped below 2 just from joining in to random games that were already like 0-3 or 0-4, and it was at like 2.6 a couple weeks ago. My K/D continues to go up though rofl.

Also I got another hate mail today about using the Judaz on Penthouse which made me laugh.

Baliis

Are you being a cheating flashlight/Judaz doodle, though? Be honest.

Of course, but not any more than I use any other weapon. I was mostly camping the stairs with a turret and Pulver the whole match anyways, I'm surprised I don't get more hatemail about that.

leng jai

The Pulver is definitely terrible when you compare it to the Keyzer or Rumbler. The disparity is too big to ignore really.

In TDM it seems pretty easy to turn entire matches around solo. For example just before on Forest we were being spawn camped right off the bat and were losing easily for the first 5 minutes. After being blocked and grenade killed for the first few minutes I decided to flank which resulted in a 15 kill streak of just shooting fools in the back. Ended up being MVP and my team won easily.

There's two big things in random matches. Firstly it's extraordinary how many people keep bunching up in the exact same route and die over and over again. Conversely it's amazing how almost no one in the opposite team seems to look back or cover their flanks. It's like everyone is content with going with the flow and having the exact same setup for the entire match.

Of course, but not any more than I use any other weapon. I was mostly camping the stairs with a turret and Pulver the whole match anyways, I'm surprised I don't get more hatemail about that.

Ha. At least you're honest. That is a ridiculous glitch, that one.

Baliis

It is which is why I try not to use it too much. Not a big fan of shotguns anyways, too much open space on most of the maps for me to not want to use a rifle. It's only like 5% of my total kills, and most of those were over the open weekend thing where like 6-7 people in every match were using it.

bLaiSe

Haven't GG said that they can adjust the balance of the weapons, etc. on the fly without the need of updates?
Can't believe that they haven't turned on voice chat by default and nerfed the Judaz in the latest update.

Dibbz

no no no no no, Judas Flashlight is great. One advantage Support has and you guys want to limit it? For shame. I would champion it even more if they made it so you could only select Judas Flashlight when you are running Spawn that way Turret bitches can get shut the fuck down.

Anyway like Famicom says it's only really powerful up close. Anything mid range is two or even three shots even with flashlight. Same for bots.

Know this though. I may have mercy for my enemies but the Judas Flashlight does not.

Bc6-6fPIgAA_uW7.jpg:large

Do you really want to join the bottom rung of society?

When I've been playing I've kept my competitive load outs. Reigner is so bad though :(

Dat slow rate of fire on the Reigner gets me every time. Ripper>Reigner especially with burst fire.

johntown

Banned
The NeoGAF vs PKY scrim is up on. YouTube. It is from their side not ours.

On my phone so just search Sir Jr Gaming on YouTube. They are the newest vids up.

Dibbz

Yup just watched the Penthouse match. Good comeback on that one. Shame about the Park match. Things got heated in that match lol

The NeoGAF vs PKY scrim is up on. YouTube. It is from their side not ours.

On my phone so just search Sir Jr Gaming on YouTube. They are the newest vids up.

gave these a quick watch at work, got some draws. Looked like fun wish i could have played.

At least they gave me some ideas of where to put some spawns and more importantly where they do.

johntown

Banned
Yup just watched the Penthouse match. Good comeback on that one. Shame about the Park match. Things got heated in that match lol
Yeah really good for having 2 guys on the team doing their first competitive matches.

They were going to do a tie breaker but I think both teams were tired and it was only a practice anyway so it really did not matter. Had it been a league match we would have had to keep playing until someone won.

Going to try to setup a practice tonight if enough people are on. Aiming for around 6pm EST but it usually ends up being later than that.

johntown

Banned
gave these a quick watch at work, got some draws. Looked like fun wish i could have played.

At least they gave me some ideas of where to put some spawns and more importantly where they do.
Me and some other team members have spent a few hours dedicated to finding good spawns. Good spawns can win games in competitive play. Map control is also very important. I noticed one guy say these guys are everywhere. That is because we had multiple spawns up all across the map. The key is to keep coming at them from different directions even if it means taking a little longer to get there. If you keep coming from one place they can easily say hmm there must be a spawn over there because they all keep coming from over there.

Here are links for the searching impaired.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcMU2esPcM round 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6lw06t_9H4 round 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqcMU2esPcM round 1

man, i'm adapting really fast. been outpointing dudes with 400, 500 games by 4, 5k points. just finished 1st overall 4 times in a row, always with more than 12k points. i only have 26 games under my belt.

and got the Tourist trophy! been playing for almost a week and just today i finally played in the Forest.

i see we can track our Challenges but what about points and accolades?

Rubenov

Yeah really good for having 2 guys on the team doing their first competitive matches.

They were going to do a tie breaker but I think both teams were tired and it was only a practice anyway so it really did not matter. Had it been a league match we would have had to keep playing until someone won.

Going to try to setup a practice tonight if enough people are on. Aiming for around 6pm EST but it usually ends up being later than that.

I'll be online around 610 EST...

Dibbz

On Penthouse I put a secret spawn up for the beacon theft mission. lol it's hilarious to see that none of them even bothered to look for a spawn since we were picking their beacon up every 2 seconds. Not even bloody hidden well, you can see Pikachu look at it but he runs off. Wonder if anyone can spot it :p

GAF rolls totally different. Such spawn hunting.

Interesting to see PKY had allocated classes for players. I think we just went with whatever we wanted, I know I did lol.

Lambda, sure you can look at your accolades and stuff under My Career in game. Just tab over with R1 a few times. Points will be in there somewhere I guess.

One thing in particular that I really like about SF's balance is the duration and relative ease of arming/disarming objectives. GG nailed it compared to previous KZs, but I guess that speaks more to how each respective title played, rather than balance issues. Arming shit in KZ2 was like scoring a goal in soccer - momentous and more or less deciding; now it's like goddamn... Some high-scoring, volatile sport that I can't quite think of right now.

Dibbz

hahah holy fuck. Prepare to be blown away.

GG are doing another weekend challenge.

Starting today (Friday, 23.59 GMT), we are giving everyone an excuse to play their PS4 non-stop over the weekend. Here's an opportunity to show off your skills - enter Killzone's Weekend Challenge!

The concept is fairly straightforward. The challenges will run from Friday-night, 23.59 GMT to Sunday-night 00.00 GMT. On Monday we'll publish the top 10 results and see who did the best. Every weekend will feature a different challenge, so there will be plenty of opportunity to shine :smileyhappy:

Have fun!

Lambda, flashlight is better imo.
Challenge #1: The Classic Warzone [17th of Jan - 19th of Jan]
Goal: Get in the top 10 over this weekend's Classic Warzone.
To clarify: this means the top 10 for this specific challenge are being created based on the number of points scored in the period from Friday-night to Sunday-night (so not the top 10 from the overall leaderboards).

Don't think there are prizes involved though. Think I'll pass lol

Lamba, flashlight is better imo. Incendiary does burn damage so it doesn't kill in one shot. If they increased the spread it would be useful.

RoeBear

With the fact that there is no prize stated in this little weekend competition, and that they still haven't told us what we won for the first almost WEEK LONG competition, I have no intention of participating.

johntown

Banned
They burned everyone on the open weekend. Not sure why they think people will kill themselves for this?

Just bring fing clan support!! Or put the league the competitive players are doing on the Killzone homepage or Facebook.

RoeBear

GG Dev Dentistboy,
We have had some production problems with the prizes from the 1st competition, which has lead to a delay. We did not want to publish the list of names without having the prizes present, but this has taken too long.

Here's what we are going to try and do: this has been flagged as one of the top priorities for next week. We are going to do our best to sort it out and make it right. I will chase this down and do my best to communicate the list, and information about the prizes.
From the KZ forums.

Dibbz

The interactive event known as First To Greatness, which celebrates the many different gaming firsts to be had across the PlayStation 4 launch lineup, is drawing to a close! Only a single challenge of the 64 remains open, and today we’re going to reveal how you can complete it to become part of PlayStation 4 history.

The ‘Ending Ebolt’ challenge requires you to kill Killzone Shadow Fall lead designer Eric Boltjes (a.k.a. Ebolt) in an online multiplayer match. To prove that you’ve truly ended him, you must upload video evidence of your actions to your Facebook account using the DualShock 4 Share button, and submit the footage to FirstToGreatness.com by signing in with Facebook.

Finding and eliminating Ebolt is no easy feat, but we can make it slightly easier by revealing when and where he’ll be online: a little OWL has told us that Eric will be playing Classic Warzone on Friday, January 17 at 9pm PST. So be on the lookout – you might just go down in PlayStation history as the first player to beat Killzone Shadow Fall’s lead designer at his own game. Good luck!

Please note: This event is only open to US and Canadian players.

Only open to US and Canada though. Fuck. That would be 5am UK time anyway so no chance. Go get him GAF.

Baliis

Just finished an extended warzone with 47500 points and 94 kills. The whole other team was basically running scout and just running into my mini gun over and over.

I hope I was never as bad as some of these randoms I play with.

They are completely clueless. :/

tell me about it, just lost 8 in a row thanks to them.

final score was always:

enemy
enemy
ME
enemy
enemy
enemy
enemy
enemy
team mate with half my points

i even quit for the first time, not even a rage quit, more like a "tired of carrying these mongs on my back" quit.

The Voltage gun has to be the worst FPS weapon ever. Blatant spam with the most annoying sound effects of all time.
Annoying sound yeah, but the worst is the petruscite grenade. Every time I hear one of those things going off I fear that my speakers are going to explode and take my head off with em.

They sound like the last thing you'd hear before going permanently deaf.

leng jai

Annoying sound yeah, but the worst is the petruscite grenade. Every time I hear one of those things going off I fear that my speakers are going to explode and take my head off with em.

They sound like the last thing you'd hear before going permanently deaf.

Yeah but at least it's not that loud. The Voltage gun sounds like there are just explosions going off right next to your every 2 seconds.

Does anyone else feel like quitting when the next map coming up is The Wall?

Top Bottom