• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Darien

1536640_10152119563483476_988847430_n.jpg

Colorblind support? Great :)

I have to admit having problems detecting friend from foe when it comes to air drones and turrets. The only way I've ever been sure was to fire on them and see if I get the red hit markers.

Otherwise the actual player models themselves are distinct enough so that's never been an issue.

One more fix/improvement I'd like to see is to actually display the team's beacon location on the minimap - you know, that spot we're supposed to protect in beacon matches but never has an icon on the map so nobody actually protects it? Yeah, that.

Not to sound like a wanker, but it's starting to be that the more I play, the more aggravating the trials/tribulations inherent with actually being decent at the game become. It's just far too stressful carrying a team on your back and losing, time and time again. Basically, if you don't party up, you're gonna have a bad time.

Had I something else to play, I'd be giving this game a rest now, but holy shit, is it addictive.

Basically, if you don't party up, you're gonna have a bad time.
And when you do party up you'll roll over everybody in every match. Its a game of extremes ;P

When I play I just run as support and make sure there are spawn beacons and that I support those spawns, back up the objective with turrets or air support as needed and revive like a fucking machine. If we still lose them's the breaks - I did my part.

And you know what, it still doesn't come close to the amount of stupid shit I've witnessed in BF matches. God damn. Its enough to make your faith in humanity plummet off a cliff.

Then again maybe I should just take a break from multiplayer gaming entirely - unlike single player it can get crazy frustrating.

RedAssedApe

Banned
And when you do party up you'll roll over everybody in every match. Its a game of extremes ;P

This. I get so frustrated when jumping between Killzone and COD. I can play with randoms in COD and lose but play well and feel good about the match. But almost never in KZ. If you are losing you are usually losing BADLY.

Its weird. Usually when player population is low its usually the hardcore playing so at least even when losing your teammates seem to know what they are doing. But in KZ this has not been my experience. Player population is low AND half the people playing still seem braindead...

leng jai

Not to sound like a wanker, but it's starting to be that the more I play, the more aggravating the trials/tribulations inherent with actually being decent at the game become. It's just far too stressful carrying a team on your back and losing, time and time again. Basically, if you don't party up, you're gonna have a bad time.

Had I something else to play, I'd be giving this game a rest now, but holy shit, is it addictive.

I just stick to TDM. Warzone is too frustrating with rands. You can make the difference in TDM with a beacon or two and just raw kills.

I just stick to TDM. Warzone is too frustrating with rands. You can make the difference in TDM with a beacon or two and just raw kills.
TDM puts even more pressure on support to drop spawn beacons because spawn-camping is the primary objective in TDM. Teams push and push until they eventually come up to those static spawns - its the nature of the beast.

Warzone at least stirs the pot a bit with its spread out objectives.

leng jai

TDM puts even more pressure on support to drop spawn beacons because spawn-camping is the primary objective in TDM. Teams push and push until they eventually come up to those static spawns - its the nature of the beast.

Warzone at least stirs the pot a bit with its spread out objectives.

Usually one spawn beacon is enough. That or you flank and wipe out the entire campaign outside. Do both regularly with goo success. Funnily enough sometimes it's the team getting spawn camped for half the map that somehow ends up winning.

Usually one spawn beacon is enough.
And that'll be the one I'm placing because nobody else is ;P

I always feel better about two beacons on the map though, in all circumstances. Beacons get destroyed, so you need insurance that you can still affect the objective or preempt any spawn-camping. Two beacons on a map and any spawn-camp attempt is over before it can start.

I always feel better about two beacons on the map though, in all circumstances. Beacons get destroyed, so you need insurance that you can still affect the objective or preempt any spawn-camping. Two beacons on a map and any spawn-camp attempt is over before it can start.

it's the ideal.

just had a match with 5 spawn points, all inches from each other. a complete mess.

leng jai

Yeah it's ideal but at the end of the day I think people just seem to use the one that comes up first. The worst is when I play Support and my beacon gets destroyed straight away meaning I have to suffer another round of using the Pulver again, lol.

Dibbz

None of you guys up for GAF clan matches? I just had my first 4v4 against PKY with gaffers. Was fucking shit the cheating bastards. lol, na it's was fun, apart from that one lagger, totally different experience from public. Should be called Hunt for Spawns before they fucking shove their boot up your ass and steam roll you. I make it sound painful but it's really cool. 8v8's now that sounds really interesting. Can imagine it being a total clusterfuck but and organized one at that, if that makes sense.

johntown

Banned
None of you guys up for GAF clan matches? I just had my first 4v4 against PKY with gaffers. Was fucking shit the cheating bastards. lol, na it's was fun, apart from that one lagger, totally different experience from public. Should be called Hunt for Spawns before they fucking shove their boot up your ass and steam roll you. I make it sound painful but it's really cool. 8v8's now that sounds really interesting. Can imagine it being a total clusterfuck but and organized one at that, if that makes sense.
Yeah good game. We got rolled the first map but ended up in a tie. Yeah 8v8 would be crazy. If we get enough people we can do it.

Competitive play is totally different than public matches but a lot more fun IMO. Once you can master it public games will be easy wins all the time.

it's the ideal.

just had a match with 5 spawn points, all inches from each other. a complete mess.

This is a issue I've been having recently. People are starting to use spawns but are putting them in such retarded places that's it's even more frustrating. There's always the prick who places a spawn in base or just outside. And the other type of people I don't like are the ones who place thiers right next to mine. Not even the floor below, or around the corner, but literally 10 cm away. Almost touching. WHY? WHY? I mean, what is the point?!?

I hear what you're saying, even with just one other competent person its so much better.

Dang I missed the 4v4 match, stupid time zones.

I implore those here though to do a random game every so often because there is nothing better than being a team of random low-levels and then rolling the other team. Be an ambassador.

This is a issue I've been having recently. People are starting to use spawns but are putting them in such retarded places that's it's even more frustrating. There's always the prick who places a spawn in base or just outside. And the other type of people I don't like are the ones who place thiers right next to mine. Not even the floor below, or around the corner, but literally 10 cm away. Almost touching. WHY? WHY? I mean, what is the point?!?

folks also fail at realizing players will spawn facing the direction they were looking when they planted the beacon.

in that 5 beacon match i just spawned at the base cause every single one was facing a wall.

folks also fail at realizing players will spawn facing the direction they were looking when they planted the beacon.

in that 5 beacon match i just spawned at the base cause every single one was facing a wall.

I understand that that could be frustating, but wouldnt it be quicker to spawn and then 180?

I hear what you're saying, even with just one other competent person its so much better.

Yeah, dude. That's why I hate joining you. Guaranteed loss. I just do it because I feel bad for you.

Loljkz

Apologies for the numerous rage-quits, by the way. Ha. Follow me into games and you're going to be doing some serious lobby-hoppin'.

Yeah, dude. That's why I hate joining you. Guaranteed loss. I just do it because I feel bad for you.

Loljkz

Apologies for the numerous rage-quits, by the way. Ha. Follow me into games and you're going to be doing some serious lobby-hoppin'.

Haha, I noticed you leave a lot, I just figured you dont like being number 2......

BOOM!!

but all good, im up for lobby-hopping.

I understand that that could be frustating, but wouldnt it be quicker to spawn and then 180?

He probably doesn't want to give points to the guy who put that beacon down. I wouldn't take that beacon either, but I'll go on voice chat and tell people how the beacons work. I don't think anyone can hear me though, since they might not have turned voice chat on :(

Edit- I'll be on in about 2.5 hours, I need some GAFfers to party up with!

Grinchy

Banned
It was smooth as hell for me again tonight. After weeks of playing Lagzone, kills seem to come so easily now.

As far as voice chat goes, I still don't fucking know how to turn it on...and someone in this thread already told me how to do it once. They need to hurry up and make it on by default.

leng jai

It was smooth as hell for me again tonight. After weeks of playing Lagzone, kills seem to come so easily now.

As far as voice chat goes, I still don't fucking know how to turn it on...and someone in this thread already told me how to do it once. They need to hurry up and make it on by default.

It only shows up in the options while you're actually in a game. Daft, I know.

No one on my friends list is online. Join me if you wanna play

PSN - h-fi_famicom

Edit- No one wants to play, I guess. Player counts were really low, too :(

rCIZZLE

This game has nobody playing anymore. Thought Christmas and new shipments would have bumped the player counts but instead they're decreasing. Did everybody buy a PS4 just to play last gen games?

Dibbz

Can't believe I fucking agree with Lambda after all the shit talking you do in footy thread but yes, GG finally made it so spawns make you face the direction you put it not 180 like in KZ2 but people run face first into a fucking corner and shove a spawn there meaning you spawn looking at a wall. At times yeah maybe if you have no choice and need to get a spawn down asap it's understandable but holy shit makes me want to shove that beacon up their ass.

johntown

Banned
Can't believe I fucking agree with Lambda after all the shit talking you do in footy thread but yes, GG finally made it so spawns make you face the direction you put it not 180 like in KZ2 but people run face first into a fucking corner and shove a spawn there meaning you spawn looking at a wall. At times yeah maybe if you have no choice and need to get a spawn down asap it's understandable but holy shit makes me want to shove that beacon up their ass.
Or putting them in a tight place that is hard to get out of. Hiding spawns is nice but if you cannot get out of the area quickly or it becomes too cramped because so many people are spawning at once is useless.

I notice this on the station. People always like putting them in train cars. Terrible location to place a spawn.

X-Frame

Has there been an ETA for the in-game character voice packs behind available?

I am excited to run around in a mail soldier with a female voice!

Grinchy

Banned
This game has nobody playing anymore. Thought Christmas and new shipments would have bumped the player counts but instead they're decreasing. Did everybody buy a PS4 just to play last gen games?

Yeah I can't believe it either. One day I saw 5000 people on and thought the numbers were finally going up. Last night I saw like 1200.

I actually can't believe they had the free weekend when they did. The game played like absolute shit the entire time. If I had downloaded it for a free weekend and that's what I had seen, I never would have bought the game.

Dibbz

Yes new maps. Judging from that artwork looks like there will be zero G in the Cruiser. Could be really fun.

Whatever the case, glad to have some new content on the way.

leng jai

ETA on the new maps?

I got stuck on a 19 kill streak on the Forest and then spent roughly 5 minutes running around in circles trying to find more ammo. Ended up getting to 20 with my pistol and then dying 2 seconds later. Had a solid session with mickenary last night too.

Kaji

Classic Mick always a champ :)

Got the platinum last night woo :) Will be back for more MP, and lots more when the new maps drop in.

yay! had a 22345 points match in the Wall map, my highest in 20 matches. was in the 24 players Warzone mode.

is it good? can i go higher?

ETA on the new maps?

I got stuck on a 19 kill streak on the Forest and then spent roughly 5 minutes running around in circles trying to find more ammo. Ended up getting to 20 with my pistol and then dying 2 seconds later. Had a solid session with mickenary last night too.

YEAHYOUDID! And I saw that. Impressive. Knocked me off my perch, too :) I was on fire last night. Good times.

I remember after a couple of successful rounds, I decided to cease my valiant spawn beacon efforts and turret it up a bit on the Station. Lo and behold, the start we had was noticeably underwhelming in comparison. I don't mind at all when players like you are more than pulling their weight with kills and getting amongst it, but it's annoying to see your team become so complacent and not give a shit that spawns aren't being thrown down. How about stepping up to the plate and throwing one down yourself, hmm?

Top Bottom