• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Grinchy

Banned
The Voltage gun has to be the worst FPS weapon ever. Blatant spam with the most annoying sound effects of all time.
I really hate that gun. It's also obviously just something they felt like they had to put in the game for people who aren't good at playing it. You can just spray it all over the place and get kills. And yes, the sound effects are terrible.

They're more than loud enough through my Astros. And I tend to crank the volume on multiplayer versus games. I've gotten more than a fair share of kills from hearing footsteps and reload sounds.

The petrusite grenade is one of my favorite things in this game, but every now and then, it does for some reason sound incredibly loud for me too. It's not always like that, but sometimes it's like 4x louder than any other sound effect or music.

CozMick

Banned
How exactly do incendiary rounds work?

I'll die, respawn and return to normal rounds without warning and with no way to get incendiary rounds back until the next map :/

Grinchy

Banned
How exactly do incendiary rounds work?

I'll die, respawn and return to normal rounds without warning and with no way to get incendiary rounds back until the next map :/

You have to hit L1 for all the secondary fire modes. So like if you want your laser sight to show up, you have to hit L1 every time you want it to turn on. Same with incendiary rounds. If you die, you have to switch to incendiary again.

Ilúvatar

You have to hit L1 for all the secondary fire modes. So like if you want your laser sight to show up, you have to hit L1 every time you want it to turn on. Same with incendiary rounds. If you die, you have to switch to incendiary again.

This is probably the most frustrating/annoying part of the game

Grinchy

Banned
Ilúvatar;97595321 said:
This is probably the most frustrating/annoying part of the game

I used to think it was the weirdest design choice ever, but now I actually make use of the ability to turn flashlights and laser sights on or off depending on whether or not I want my location known.

X-Frame

I used to think it was the weirdest design choice ever, but now I actually make use of the ability to turn flashlights and laser sights on or off depending on whether or not I want my location known.

I think the game should somehow remember if you had an alternate fire mode enabled when you died, so that when you do it'll automatically have the laser/flashlight/etc on, instead of having to keep re-enabling it each respawn.

went from 15-4 to 18-18 in 2 days.

i don't get the match-making, i was the best in my team, why the hell am i getting all the bottom feeders on my team the following round?

decided to try Assault a little, love the Rumbler, didn't win a single game. why? no else puts down the fuckin spawn beacons. holy shit.

leng jai

I'm sorry to say I've pretty much given up on putting spawn points lately in favour of my K/D. It's highlighted the fact that no one else really puts them out and when they do it's either in a daft spot (right outside spawn or in a tight enclosed space) or placed facing a wall.

I'm sorry to say I've pretty much given up on putting spawn points lately in favour of my K/D. It's highlighted the fact that no one else really puts them out and when they do it's either in a daft spot (right outside spawn or in a tight enclosed space) or placed facing a wall.

i'm thinking about doing the same.

map was the Spire, we where doing the Capture and Connect objective. i go to the C area, kill a couple of guys, set up a shield (no idea where the mongs are, i'm alone there). kill another guy but then they swarm me, like 4 guy and bam, dead. a Support guy comes running from our base, sees me and instead of reviving me goes against the 4 guys and dies too.

bunch of idiots. same game, same map, opposing team detonates a couple of petrusite grenades on the generator we're supposed to attack. i see it so i wait it out, circling the area to keep it safe and everytime i look at the generator there's an idiot there trying to activate it and dying from the grenade damage.

Dibbz

Good games tonight with GAF on the Ladder match. Won 2/2. Park went really smooth. Factory was tough, it felt like they were really good at that map. Bit odd since we choose that and they had Park. I recorded both matches but only got 15 mins so not the whole thing. Cuts off on the last round for both matches. Nothing really spectacular tbh on my end lol but I'll probably upload them to youtube or something.

johntown

Banned
Good games tonight with GAF on the Ladder match. Won 2/2. Park went really smooth. Factory was tough, it felt like they were really good at that map. Bit odd since we choose that and they had Park. I recorded both matches but only got 15 mins so not the whole thing. Cuts off on the last round for both matches. Nothing really spectacular tbh on my end lol but I'll probably upload them to youtube or something.
Yeah good matches for sure. Post the YouTube links when you get them. We will do more matches soon. Their team was a mid tier team. We can knock out the lower tier teams first, then see how we do against mid tier and then we should be ready to take on the top tier teams.

Dibbz

Sounds good.

We do need to talk about letting teams use Holo scopes though. I'm guessing they ban them because they don't use them, (some people say the Holo obscures your view) but since it gives a slight magnification they outright banned it so other teams don't get an advantage. Pretty shit reasoning to be honest. Sculpting the rules around the way they play the game is not the way this should be ran.

Of course this is just an assumption but we need to stick it to the man. :p

#teamholoscopes

Sounds good.

We do need to talk about letting teams use Holo scopes though. I'm guessing they ban them because they don't use them, (some people say the Holo obscures your view) but since it gives a slight magnification they outright banned it so other teams don't get an advantage. Pretty shit reasoning to be honest. Sculpting the rules around the way they play the game is not the way this should be ran.

Of course this is just an assumption but we need to stick it to the man. :p

#teamholoscopes

Fuck YOLO, it's all about HOLO.

Im at work for another 7 hours and i need something to pass the time so those vids will do nicely. It was a fantastic game too.

I agree, some of these rules seem a bit shifty, I demand a mutiny!? ( Ive had like 4 coffees, i feel a little buzzed)

Off topic: someone at work asked "you like games you must like Pewdeepie".... huffffff

A few fun games with randoms today.

Finally killed 300 people while cloaked. 4 down 7 to go :-/

where do you get those stats from?

edit: nevermind, it's on the game's website, duh :)

T8cAlju.png

i should get to 1 million points before 100 matches, nice.

Dibbz

took longer to upload this match than expected. Just woke up now so I'll try and stick it on YouTube. Only got the Park match but it's the whole thing. No voice though so just imagine an Aussie, a Brit and 3 cowboys barking at each other lawl.

Rubenov

It is in TDM and there's still a K/D indicator in your profile. I'm not even talking about the number but more the fact that I have infinitely more fun when I'm dying less and killing more (obviously).

That's cool and all, until your team starts getting spawn camped because no one put down beacons. Then your K/D goes to shit anyway.

leng jai

That's cool and all, until your team starts getting spawn camped because no one put down beacons. Then your K/D goes to shit anyway.

I actually don't mind that scenario on a personal level. On every single map there are multiple paths out of spawn so it's actually impossible to be camped unless you want to be. The flanking seems to catch teams out every time and it's a guaranteed 4+ kills to oblivious opponents who don't believe anyone would actually be smart enough to run around the bottlenecks.

Rubenov

I actually don't mind that scenario on a personal level. On every single map there are multiple paths out of spawn so it's actually impossible to be camped unless you want to be. The flanking seems to catch teams out every time and it's a guaranteed 4+ kills to oblivious opponents who don't believe anyone would actually be smart enough to run around the bottlenecks.

You've never experienced my spawn camping, then. It's airtight :)

johntown

Banned
took longer to upload this match than expected. Just woke up now so I'll try and stick it on YouTube. Only got the Park match but it's the whole thing. No voice though so just imagine an Aussie, a Brit and 3 cowboys barking at each other lawl.
lol

You've never experienced my spawn camping, then. It's airtight :)

Both of you have good points here. It really depends on the map. For example it's a lot easier to spawn camp people on forest than lets say the park. Quite a lot of randoms do fail to see the possibility of flanking. It's quite infuriating sometimes.

But then again, you do get some proper air tight spawn camping, which is almost impossible to get past sometimes. At these times I find going scout teleport = massacring the enemy

johntown

Banned
Shit, is it too late to get in on the ladder?

It is not too late. You can join my team but we are currently not looking for more members. So if you join us I cannot guarantee you would be able to play in the matches.

If you can get at least 3 other people you can sign up here. You need 3 minimum but 5 is preferred.

You can see all the teams, stats, rules etc. below. If you have any questions just let me know. I can add you to the Killzone leader group chat as well. It is a chat for all the team leaders to setup matches and scrims.

http://bracketcloud.com/tournament/2394

Here are the rule sets as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12VGKpJL1uOKmq9uJkuA2RkbywjW1j5kBqurXXK1UMA4/edit

Dibbz

Next time we get S&D defend like that I'm gonna go Assault and Stun. We could have pushed them right back if we managed to get behind to wipe the spawns they had above the waterfall. They were pretty focused in meeting us head on so it could have worked. I got a little flustered though and tried to just stick with you guys to hold the line but yeah it was pretty tough to do that and win. Next time though.

Massa

I'm only now getting started with the game but goddamn, GG finally delivered the sequel that Killzone 2 deserved. So far it just feels like they fixed everything that needed to be fixed, in particular I just love the way the (destructible!) spawn beacons work.

I'll say this though, The Spire hurts my eyes with how ugly it is. The art direction has been my only disappointment so far, specially in comparison with Mercenary which just nailed it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm only now getting started with the game but goddamn, GG finally delivered the sequel that Killzone 2 deserved. So far it just feels like they fixed everything that needed to be fixed, in particular I just love the way the (destructible!) spawn beacons work.

I'll say this though, The Spire hurts my eyes with how ugly it is. The art direction has been my only disappointment so far, specially in comparison with Mercenary which just nailed it.

I like the look of Spire. The Remains is the one I think looks hideous. I really wish the FXAA blur wasn't in MP, it's honestly the worst FXAA implementation I've ever seen and makes the game look very low res and blurry.

leng jai

I like the look of Spire. The Remains is the one I think looks hideous. I really wish the FXAA blur wasn't in MP, it's honestly the worst FXAA implementation I've ever seen and makes the game look very low res and blurry.

The Wall looks blurrier than The Remains to me but that might be because of the constant glare.

Next time we get S&D defend like that I'm gonna go Assault and Stun. We could have pushed them right back if we managed to get behind to wipe the spawns they had above the waterfall. They were pretty focused in meeting us head on so it could have worked. I got a little flustered though and tried to just stick with you guys to hold the line but yeah it was pretty tough to do that and win. Next time though.

I know what you mean, there were times I would have gone RAMBO if I was in a pub game, but I thought it would be better to stay with the group.

So close to winning that S&D defend too and I must say that we did have excellent spawn placements.

Forest is easily the worst in terms of visibility. All dat blur and fog. Bitch, peas. And that's saying something, given that there's a map set during a goddamn rainy night.

My faveys? Probably the Wall, Factory & Remains. I actually like them all, bar Forest, which rotates between indifference and dislike.

Cudder

Did they turn up the effectiveness of the drone buddy in one of the recent patches? Was using it today and it got me a bunch of kills.

Dibbz

don't you love when they place spawns in those narrow corridors that lead to Capture point B and D?
Nothing better than a good clusterfuck. Serious, I love it when shit gets so hectic. I can feel the rage in players around me lol.

Did they turn up the effectiveness of the drone buddy in one of the recent patches? Was using it today and it got me a bunch of kills.
Used it today, didn't notice any change. Good for taking care of invisible scouts that are trying to run up behind you. Useless for pretty much everything else. About right imo.

Forest is easily the worst in terms of visibility. All dat blur and fog. Bitch, peas. And that's saying something, given that there's a map set during a goddamn rainy night.
My faveys? Probably the Wall, Factory & Remains. I actually like them all, bar Forest, which rotates between indifference and dislike.

Did you mean the Wall, that to me explains the Wall.

I love all maps, LOVE EM, they all are my children. cant pick a favourite or least favourite. Only issue with one of them is the Wall which is a bit glarey. but love the trench warfare.

Edit: dammit, mis-understood what you meant.

Dibbz

Yup trenches in The Wall are fantastic. The map is really well designed. Got a nice middle part up top and the bases are good. But nope, BANNED because, whatever :|

sunnz

I always feel like playing KZ SF but the lag is just such a turn off ( seeing players basically teleport around the map, delayed kills/ deaths etc...)

Gets very annoying, something I wish we would see less of next gen.

GG PLEASE ADD NEW WEAPONS for the support class, no wonder no one uses it as much, the weapons are boring.
The bots were annoying in KZ2 and kinda ruined it and if it wasn't for the stun ability I doubt I would even be playing SF, badly implemented IMO ( too accurate, do too much damage and have too much armour). At least in KZ2 they would fire in bursts, SF they keep firing until you die.

leng jai

Yup trenches in The Wall are fantastic. The map is really well designed. Got a nice middle part up top and the bases are good. But nope, BANNED because, whatever :|

My experience with The Wall is basically being blind by glare every 2 seconds and having cloaked ninjas drop down from ledges and stab me in the back. I actually don't mind the layout of The Forest but the godrays are ridiculous and it's usually accompanied with air drone spam.

What's the highest killstreak challenge? Just got to 25 before.

Grinchy

Banned

Yeah I really, really like The Wall. I can definitely see why some people wouldn't like it, but it does it for me. I think it's a pretty damn smart layout. You have to control the upper and lower sections in Warzone or else the enemy will win.

Top Bottom