• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

johntown

Banned
Yup trenches in The Wall are fantastic. The map is really well designed. Got a nice middle part up top and the bases are good. But nope, BANNED because, whatever :|
It can be played in certain rule sets. It was banned from regular comp due to how dark it is.

My experience with the Wall is placing a Spawn Beacon by S&D generator B in the center, turrets holding down hallways, and air drones near enemy spawn. I don't mind the map but it's so dark and people like to keep going to the same one choke point (corridors in the center) over and over. I have fun flanking with the Sickle or just hanging back with the Voltage and racking up Spawn and Revive points.

What's the highest killstreak challenge? Just got to 25 before.

The final challenge is 30 kills. You were so close! I'm only at 20.

leng jai

My experience with the Wall is placing a Spawn Beacon by S&D generator B in the center, turrets holding down hallways, and air drones near enemy spawn. I don't mind the map but it's so dark and people like to keep going to the same one choke point (corridors in the center) over and over. I have fun flanking with the Sickle or just hanging back with the Voltage and racking up Spawn and Revive points.

The final challenge is 30 kills. You were so close! I'm only at 20.

Haha damn. By the time I got to 25 I only had 6 bullets left on my Rumbler and only 1 minute left in the game :(

Haha damn. By the time I got to 25 I only had 6 bullets left on my Rumbler and only 1 minute left in the game :(

I got my 20 on the Forest. I ran out of Voltage bullets and ended up using a Spoor and a Khamerrad (sp?) in the end. My Air Drone helped some too. I could have gotten more but the enemy team only had 3-4 guys. (24 Player Warzone with 3 GAFfers on my 9 man team)

I got my 20 on the Forest. I ran out of Voltage bullets and ended up using a Spoor and a Khamerrad (sp?) in the end. My Air Drone helped some too. I could have gotten more but the enemy team only had 3-4 guys. (24 Player Warzone with 3 GAFfers on my 9 man team)

I can never get killstreaks going, plays against my style of charging in head first with a shotgun.

Once I joined a 12 vs 11 game all slots full. Every player had rank of 150 or below. I thought here is my moment to shine. It was penthouse , fell off the sides in the beginning. 2nd go, got just over 20, then killed myself with a grenade. I am my own nemesis.

Dibbz

Highest kill streak I've gotten is 16 and that was by playing like a bitch with air support on Forest. That feel when I'm never going to get 20+ kill streak.

Anyone else having a problem when the game just hangs on the next map voting screen? It will just hang there for me without ever showing my stats or switching to a new map. I have to quit out everytime, it's getting a little annoying now. It just started yesterday for me.

Solved the problem by deleting the data incase anyone else has this problem occur.

I can never get killstreaks going, plays against my style of charging in head first with a shotgun.

Once I joined a 12 vs 11 game all slots full. Every player had rank of 150 or below. I thought here is my moment to shine. It was penthouse , fell off the sides in the beginning. 2nd go, got just over 20, then killed myself with a grenade. I am my own nemesis.

But you always end up #1 on the team and a better K/D ratio than me!

Edit- I have to admit my 20 kill streak was thanks to base camping (along with the rest of the GAFfers on my team). There were few people on the other team, and they didn't even try to run out and set up beacons. The highest I got playing normally was 10 on the Factory. There was only 1 GAFfer on my team, and the rest randoms. I mostly ran turret and Sickle, doing the run and gun while PTFO. In my earnest attempt to cap and defend every point (or was it defending generators?), my trusty turret and I racked up 10. I didn't even realize it until I saw the stats screen after the match. We were down 0-2, but ended up winning 4-3.

CozMick

Banned
You have to hit L1 for all the secondary fire modes. So like if you want your laser sight to show up, you have to hit L1 every time you want it to turn on. Same with incendiary rounds. If you die, you have to switch to incendiary again.

Good to know, thanks Grinchy.

torontoml

So some people really don't like that I use the purger. Only recently though, got a message about it yesterday and one today. I usually try to switch it up to assault during TDM and Beacon retrieval, but I just find it kinda funny that people will take the time to message me about it.

Dibbz

Today I joined someone from my friends list who was playing Extended Warzone. Pretty sure they are gaffers. Anyway I get put on the other team, we're on The Wall. Holy fuck shit they were stood just outside the base barriers. They have about 5 turrets up. No one on my team is putting spawns, typical but whatever. Took my about 5 minutes to sneak out of base and get a spawn down for my team.

Which ever gaffers those were, ooooooooooh, you're wankers. Took out my frustration on 24p TDM. Base camped the fuck out of one team. No mercy in Killzone. You either pound your enemy into the fucking dirt or they will do it to you.

Pretty sure Rubenov joined me on The Wall match and then pissed off. Thanks a bunch. :|

Rubenov

Today I joined someone from my friends list who was playing Extended Warzone. Pretty sure they are gaffers. Anyway I get put on the other team, we're on The Wall. Holy fuck shit they were stood just outside the base barriers. They have about 5 turrets up. No one on my team is putting spawns, typical but whatever. Took my about 5 minutes to sneak out of base and get a spawn down for my team.

Which ever gaffers those were, ooooooooooh, you're wankers. Took out my frustration on 24p TDM. Base camped the fuck out of one team. No mercy in Killzone. You either pound your enemy into the fucking dirt or they will do it to you.

Pretty sure Rubenov joined me on The Wall match and then pissed off. Thanks a bunch. :|

Lol sorry.

That was a hardcore spawn camp; came in too late to make a difference. Said "nope" and went to TDM.

i don't see myself playing this for much longer.

there's absolutely no reason for me to join an on progress game in the Penthouse map, with the Defend Generator mission about to start and STILL finish first of my team.

99% of the playerbase are absolute mongs, total bellends who suck the fun out of the game.

Rubenov

i don't see myself playing this for much longer.

there's absolutely no reason for me to join an on progress game in the Penthouse map, with the Defend Generator mission about to start and STILL finish first of my team.

99% of the playerbase are absolute mongs, total bellends who suck the fun out of the game.

Yeah, unless you're playing with others you know, it can be extremely frustrating. I mostly play TDM when not with GAFers, as I can single-handedly carry my team there in a lot of cases.

Really need some teammates. I usually place top overall and top kills and my ream still loses

edit: PSN: Broadbandit

and it also saddens me that I cannot get my supply box upgraded unless a friend is actually with me using it :/

leng jai

The lack of players already is pretty alarming. Even though I play with randoms almost all the time in every game I recognise at least half the players since it's the same people over and over again.

Grinchy

Banned
The lack of players already is pretty alarming. Even though I play with randoms almost all the time in every game I recognise at least half the players since it's the same people over and over again.

Yeah it's getting to the point where 1500 looks like a lot.

I had some awesome games tonight with some gaffers. I wish more people knew how good this game was.

Yeah it's getting to the point where 1500 looks like a lot.

I had some awesome games tonight with some gaffers. I wish more people knew how good this game was.

I wish more GAF'ers were online when I play. :-/

Finished upgrading the scout yesterday. All weapons and Abilities unlocked. :D

Left to do
  • Kill through shield - not at all my gaming style I don't like just standing there waiting for someone to run into my crosshairs.
  • Buddy Drone Kills - meh, slow.
  • Turret - ok
  • air support - meh, wish it wouldn't die as soon as I die, I die too often... ;p
  • supply boxes - are the used by others these days?

RoeBear

Left to do
  • Kill through shield - not at all my gaming style I don't like just standing there waiting for someone to run into my crosshairs.

Just play like you normally do, but put it down as you're running and make sure to deconstruct after. Leaving your shield out is one of the worst things you can do. Unless you leave it on a capture or bomb point.

FerranMG

In one of the first games I played in The Station, I remember getting to a very nice vantage point to use as a sniper. I climbed some pretty high stairs, and found myself in a medium-sized room from which I had view over most of the battlefield.

Problem is I haven't been able to find it ever since.
Anyone has a clue about where it might be?

Also, is there any detailed map analysis out there?

In one of the first games I played in The Station, I remember getting to a very nice vantage point to use as a sniper. I climbed some pretty high stairs, and found myself in a medium-sized room from which I had view over most of the battlefield.

Problem is I haven't been able to find it ever since.
Anyone has a clue about where it might be?

Also, is there any detailed map analysis out there?

if you leave the base and stay on your side of the river its on the other side of the map.
4 corners of the map 2 have the bases, the other two have the vantage points you speak of.

pooch

Neo Member
Noone ever uses that Station sniper point for some reason, except me. They use the train sniper point, but not the one opposite. Sometimes I go up there and get kills until I run out of ammo. I'm that guy.

FerranMG

Noone ever uses that Station sniper point for some reason, except me. They use the train sniper point, but not the one opposite. Sometimes I go up there and get kills until I run out of ammo. I'm that guy.

Haha, that was me the first and only time I managed to get there.
Probably the first time I was playing Station, and owning everyone from up there. :D

Dibbz

I've seen people use the sniper spots on Station. Good for capture and connect.

Gallagher, pls stap

BehOSROIQAAF9zP.jpg:large

I wish more GAF'ers were online when I play. :-/

Finished upgrading the scout yesterday. All weapons and Abilities unlocked. :D

Left to do
  • Buddy Drone Kills - meh, slow.
  • Turret - ok
  • air support - meh, wish it wouldn't die as soon as I die, I die too often... ;p
  • supply boxes - are the used by others these days?
Gallagher129 is my psn I'm on a lot

The Killzone™ Shadow Fall Operation Archangel VO Pack is available on the PSN store now. You can sound like Rico or Radec when playing multiplayer for the low low price of $3.99.

I think I'll pass for now.

Edit- There's also a pack of three new Spotlight Moves: Teabag, Backhand Slap, and Knee in the Face for $1.99. Guerilla needs a Pie in the Face or Pick up and Hug Move; those would be the only ones I would buy.

Dibbz

Absolutely not dibbz we need some hot blooded potty mouthed brits in thr party and NicholasB and I were thinking aboit naming the clan the britsh empire

That will do me.

Lambda!! You sack of shit, where'd you run off to? Getting torn to shreds on The Wall (yet again) and I have comrades deserting me left and right. Holy shit there was an army of drones up non stop.

How many can you see?

BeiiHSNIAAAyPZZ.jpg:large

Still came top so hur hur hur.... Wankers

BeiieH_IgAAUItq.jpg:large

Lambda!! You sack of shit, where'd you run off to? Getting torn to shreds on The Wall (yet again) and I have comrades deserting me left and right. Holy shit there was an army of drones up non stop.

we played together? LOL i did quit after a couple of minutes after seeing a combo of no one putting spawn points and the sky filled with drones. joined again, ended up in the Penthouse and got this:

qhzKYAr.png

most mission points, most kills and biggest kill streak.

for reference, second place got 12k points.

edit: oh shit, just checked the stats. 900k points in 72 matches played. gonna get 1 million before i 80 matches, have to.

Th
How many can you see?

BeiiHSNIAAAyPZZ.jpg:large

3, possibly 4 if that is one hiding on the right of the group.

I dont understand why people rage quit. I must stay to seek revenge. When I see people quit i shake my head. There is no satisfaction greater than sticking it through and beating them the next round.

I dont understand why people rage quit. I must stay to seek revenge. When I see people quit i shake my head. There is no satisfaction greater than sticking it through and beating them the next round.

if you get the type of team mates i get (Dibbz excluded) you ain't gonna beat shit.

if you get the type of team mates i get (Dibbz excluded) you ain't gonna beat shit.

Not with that attitude. Random shit team-mates be damned!

Yeah, I;ve had some of the worst team-mates too. but there is nothing sweeter than winning with randoms that magically work together. trust me, it can happen. but why quit? it alredy counts as a loss, you just lose those points and any chance for unlocks? dont let the game beat you, beat the game.

Not with that attitude. Random shit team-mates be damned!

Yeah, I;ve had some of the worst team-mates too. but there is nothing sweeter than winning with randoms that magically work together. trust me, it can happen. but why quit? it alredy counts as a loss, you just lose those points and any chance for unlocks? dont let the game beat you, beat the game.

On a few occasions, I got that magical teamwork with randoms, but more often than not they're pretty terrible. Quitting actually doesn't add to the Loss stat, but it does affect your W/L ratio since it adds to total games played.

Kingdoug, playing with you and your friends is helping bring back my W/L ratio! I was at 1.76 a few days ago, after playing with you on Monday it went to 1.83.

On a few occasions, I got that magical teamwork with randoms, but more often than not they're pretty terrible. Quitting actually doesn't add to the Loss stat, but it does affect your W/L ratio since it adds to total games played.

Kingdoug, playing with you and your friends is helping bring back my W/L ratio! I was at 1.76 a few days ago, after playing with you on Monday it went to 1.83.

nice. I finally unlocked the flashlight for the Judaz. Used it one game and I was one shotting everyone. I felt dirty how good that gun is, they should fix it. I've removed it from loadouts now.

Up for games tonight?

That's valiant and all :), but I don't understand how people hang around half the time.

I've played 3 and a half day's worth, have barely touched Scout and haven't fully unlocked Support/Assault; obviously I'm not playing for unlocks/completionism and I probably never will. I'm playing to have fun and do well, so hanging around to fill metres and rack things up just isn't an option.

If I'm being supported by a bunch of dildos who don't know their ass from their elbow, am constantly getting flanked/camped and reminded that I'm the only half-decent player on my team, then the capacity for fun is mitigated something shocking. It's completely antithetical to fun. And if that's the case, why put myself through the heartache?

Don't get me wrong: in an ideal world, I'd be like you, but that's never going to happen.

EDIT: FYI, the vast majority of my games are with randoms, so I'm more than familiar with the brilliant synergies that can occur.

Dibbz

commandowrong.gif

Try again

EDIT: Lambda turn on your voice chat brah. I was leading like a boss. Until I got my angus got peppered by all dem drones.

Doug I'm with you, fuck rage quiting, I'll just take top spot, k thanks.

nice. I finally unlocked the flashlight for the Judaz. Used it one game and I was one shotting everyone. I felt dirty how good that gun is, they should fix it. I've removed it from loadouts now.

Up for games tonight?

I can maybe play a match or two in about 6 hours since I'm going to the gym tonight. I can play for a whole tomorrow night as well.

And yeah, the Judaz is OP with the flashlight. Just unequip the flashlight, problem solved.

leng jai

That's valiant and all :), but I don't understand how people hang around half the time.

I've played 3 and a half day's worth, have barely touched Scout and haven't fully unlocked Support/Assault; obviously I'm not playing for unlocks/completionism and I probably never will. I'm playing to have fun and do well, so hanging around to fill metres and rack things up just isn't an option.

If I'm being supported by a bunch of dildos who don't know their ass from their elbow, am constantly getting flanked/camped and reminded that I'm the only half-decent player on my team, then the capacity for fun is mitigated something shocking. It's completely antithetical to fun. And if that's the case, why put myself through the heartache?

Don't get me wrong: in an ideal world, I'd be like you, but that's never going to happen.

EDIT: FYI, the vast majority of my games are with randoms, so I'm more than familiar with the brilliant synergies that can occur.

We need to team up more often.

Top Bottom