• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

iamjohn

Hey guys. I just got shadow fall and have been enjoying the multiplayer. It'd be cool to have some people to play with. I sent Gallagher a request since that was the first psn I saw. Mine is jayem_1 if anyone wants to give me an add

Hey guys. I just got shadow fall and have been enjoying the multiplayer. It'd be cool to have some people to play with. I sent Gallagher a request since that was the first psn I saw. Mine is jayem_1 if anyone wants to give me an add

Quote the OP to get the link for the GoogleDoc PSN ID list. You can add your ID there and see everyone's.

That's valiant and all :), but I don't understand how people hang around half the time.

I've played 3 and a half day's worth, have barely touched Scout and haven't fully unlocked Support/Assault; obviously I'm not playing for unlocks/completionism and I probably never will. I'm playing to have fun and do well, so hanging around to fill metres and rack things up just isn't an option.

If I'm being supported by a bunch of dildos who don't know their ass from their elbow, am constantly getting flanked/camped and reminded that I'm the only half-decent player on my team, then the capacity for fun is mitigated something shocking. It's completely antithetical to fun. And if that's the case, why put myself through the heartache?

Don't get me wrong: in an ideal world, I'd be like you, but that's never going to happen.

EDIT: FYI, the vast majority of my games are with randoms, so I'm more than familiar with the brilliant synergies that can occur.

missed this mick. glad to hear of the synergies that occur, i know they are rare. But to get a Mewtwo you must pass through a hundred Zubats. (currently playing Pokemon Y, forgive the analogy).

Completely agree with you about playing to have fun. If Im losing I can still have fun trying to lead my team to vicoty through spawn placements and showing them what to do. Or at least being a pain to the other team.

Everyone can do what they want I guess, just hopefully no-one quits just because they losing, at least give it a go I say. I've been there though with frustrating team-mates.

on a side-note, I've been getting very little lag latesly compared to 2 weeks ago, anyone else?

Grinchy

Banned
A new grenade troll gif because I love these. At least it wasn't a teammate this time.

grenadetroll3kls3r.gif

missed this mick. glad to hear of the synergies that occur, i know they are rare. But to get a Mewtwo you must pass through a hundred Zubats. (currently playing Pokemon Y, forgive the analogy).

Completely agree with you about playing to have fun. If Im losing I can still have fun trying to lead my team to vicoty through spawn placements and showing them what to do. Or at least being a pain to the other team.

Everyone can do what they want I guess, just hopefully no-one quits just because they losing, at least give it a go I say. I've been there though with frustrating team-mates.

on a side-note, I've been getting very little lag latesly compared to 2 weeks ago, anyone else?

Absolutely. I'll always give it a shot. I mean, just like any game, KZ sings when it's a hard-fought battle, but if things go to shit quickly and unrelentingly, I struggle to stay around. Ha.

And yep, I've been lag free, bar the occasional 1 or 2 people that are obviously not in the same region.

Dibbz

Good games tonight GAF. Got the win which is all that matters. Will upload something tomorrow. Right now I'll leave you with a present from Nicholas

ijcLLrvSHzJB.gif

Good games tonight GAF. Got the win which is all that matters. Will upload something tomorrow. Right now I'll leave you with a present from Nicholas

ijcLLrvSHzJB.gif

Not that I give that much of a shit, but tea-bagging is just lame and I'm a tad surprised GG went with such an obvious catering to the lowest common denominator with that.

Totally just bought them

ijcLLrvSHzJB.gif

LOL I had the pleasure of seeing this yesterday. It's hilarious, but is it 1.99 hilarious? I've been debating this.

Yeah, my K/D is going up and up still (lol).

I've experienced the same thing. I've been playing TDM with the unwashed and I'm trying to justify playing Assault as much as I can. Sadly,I still have to occasionally play as Support to drop a spawn point to keep my team from getting destroyed.

Is there a way of telling what the population is like? Is there a count listed when you go into multiplayer?

Yeah, each multiplayer mode shows the player count on the box you press to go into that mode. There were like 700 people in custom warzone last night. That said, I'm in North Carolina and my buddy is in St. Louis and we got lag-free matches instantly all night long.

Cudder

Any of you going after/already have the platinum for this game? I'm wondering where you all are in your Ability unlocks if you are.

Ilúvatar

Any of you going after/already have the platinum for this game? I'm wondering where you all are in your Ability unlocks if you are.

I am, but I haven't been playing that much lately (got caught up with other games). I only have Spawn Beacon done, but have decent progress on all the others.

CozMick

Banned
Finally reached the 1,000,000 milestone tonight, took me approx 35 hours lol.

Now onto Scout attachments, good god its shit :(

Lambda_P, what a beast. look at this:

RssLqM6.png

in 21 hours and less than 100 matches i got:

- 900 accolades
- over 1 million points
- over 400 challenges
- positive Win/Loss and KDR
- 63% shot accuracy, which from what i gather is pretty good

i think it's impressive for 3 reasons:

- never played a Killzone game before this one
- never played a FPS using symmetrical sticks, only the 360 pad
- i get paired with some of the most braindead players around

Dibbz

Pssh 21 hours, you a casual or something? Go play Wii sports Lamba.

jbbFq7xYJYJs75.jpg

On a serious note good job. Good to see someone who has never played KZ before enjoy Shadow Fall.

BTW GAF clan, I tried to upload my matches, but for some reason they are not showing on facebook so I can't link it. Check under my activity feed on PS4 though. Maybe you can watch it from there.

torontoml

Think I'm just going to play on mute from now on. The constant Purger spam is driving me insane.
Used to use it all the time myself, but have stopped. I don't really find they are much of a problem in Classic Warzone, but I played 24p TDM for the first time today for a few matches and found it was spammed a lot.

Maybe it's just me but I find people's issue with it is a bit overblown.

Baliis

Is it me or ONE support gun is really imba ? Mix of a snip that act like a shotgun. Pnv06

The Voltage? It's alright and can kill really quickly, but likes to just... not do anything sometimes. It's mostly annoying for it's noise and the fact that if 2-3 people are using it, FPS goes down the shitter.

leng jai

Used to use it all the time myself, but have stopped. I don't really find they are much of a problem in Classic Warzone, but I played 24p TDM for the first time today for a few matches and found it was spammed a lot.

Maybe it's just me but I find people's issue with it is a bit overblown.

I don't find the gun OP really but the audio is insanely annoying when there's virtually always at least one person at any given time spamming it in TDM. There's also few instances where I seem to do instantly from being touched by it.

Baliis

Splash damage too low? That's like 90% of my deaths by it, someone hitting the wall or ground near me.

The splash damage is really low imo, but a direct hit is basically a 1 shot kill, and it's a super accurate 3 shot burst, it's not hard to hit with.

f@luS

More than a member.
The splash damage is really low imo, but a direct hit is basically a 1 shot kill, and it's a super accurate 3 shot burst, it's not hard to hit with.
Was playing the wall. Kept a tunnel alone for 5m. Nano Shield destroyed in ONE shot with it

leng jai

The Voltage Gun is just laughable most of the time. You can literally get killing sprees t will spamming it in the doorway on The Park.

i've only used 2 guns so far: the shotgun and the Rumbler.

is it just me or HALO is a much better aim reticule than ACOG? ACOG block so much of the screen.

i've only used 2 guns so far: the shotgun and the Rumbler.

is it just me or HALO is a much better aim reticule than ACOG? ACOG block so much of the screen.

I think it depends on if it's a VSA or Helghast reticule. The VSA Holo sights are fine to me, but the Helghast version has a big diamond reticule that doesn't feel precise. I think both ACOGs feel good. The Holo is good with the Rumbler, but use the dot laser with the Keyser for headshot goodness!

Top Bottom