• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Paertan

Holy shit the matchmaking did a number on me tonight. I should report it for assault or something. The teammates I had to play with. Three guys standing next to a generator not knowing that they are suppose to arm it. One guy with the beacon. Running back to our base with it.
I feel violated.

Dibbz

New maps out early March and news on the First Expansion coming soon (not the co-op stuff). Hnng shit is gonna be good.

Killzone twitter also posted the prizes for the Invitation Tournament that went on a while ago.

The medals for the prize winners in the 1st Invitational #Killzone Shadow Fall tournament are in!
dba6757e95c311e38f0d1262a4bedf57_8.jpg

Limited edition prints for the 1st Invitational #Killzone tournament, signed by #Guerrilla head honcho
1e20d42694cf11e3b3af1288dea66562_8.jpg

Don't worry guys the Open Weekend Prizes are being worked on, lol.

RoeBear

Lol we better get something more than a signed piece of paper. At least they're working on other good stuff. New maps will be fun, hopefully they're well balanced.

Holy shit the matchmaking did a number on me tonight. I should report it for assault or something. The teammates I had to play with. Three guys standing next to a generator not knowing that they are suppose to arm it. One guy with the beacon. Running back to our base with it.
I feel violated.

The absolute worst, and often they have 400+ challenges already not just starting at 4 ...

Grinchy

Banned
I feel violated.

There's not much they can do with the matchmaking when the total number of people playing could fit in a high school :(

Paertan

There's not much they can do with the matchmaking when the total number of people playing could fit in a high school :(

Yes it does make it much harder.
But as it seems right now the matchmaking is only based on score. Like the game want the average score on both teams to be the same. So if I get 20k score. #2 gets 13k and it goes downhill from there. Then I get paired with all players with lowest score when map changes. It should take Mission Points more into consideration. At least give me one more player who knows what to do.
Which is why I often quit a game if I win by too much. Play one game quit, search for new game.
Because it seems the game does not at all take your stats into consideration when you search for a new game.
Well I am trying to get my clan going. 3 or more players communicating during Classic Warzone makes it a more pleasant experience.

my math tells me one team only needs 5 competent player to win a match. if you have a group of 5 guys that know what they're doing, even without voice communication, you win.

Grinchy

Banned
my math tells me one team only needs 5 competent player to win a match. if you have a group of 5 guys that know what they're doing, even without voice communication, you win.

My gut tells me that a team of mediocre support players can destroy a pretty good team. A full team of support players is so insanely overpowered.

My gut tells me that a team of mediocre support players can destroy a pretty good team. A full team of support players is so insanely overpowered.

Assault with Stun Blast does short work of Support.

Stun Blast destroys beacons and supply boxes instantly, Turrets affected by Stun Blast can be destroyed with a single melee attack, plus the effects on other opposing team player.

nowadays i play as Support to place a spawn beacon then suicide and back up as Assault.

Grinchy

Banned
Assault with Stun Blast does short work of Support.

Stun Blast destroys beacons and supply boxes instantly, Turrets affected by Stun Blast can be destroyed with a single melee attack, plus the effects on other opposing team player.

nowadays i play as Support to place a spawn beacon then suicide and back up as Assault.

Yeah and then one of the other 6-13 teammates presses left on the Dpad and the assault's efforts are worthless. Then of course he gets killed in one shot by the overpowered shotgun or spammed to death by the ridiculous voltage.

If you are on a good, balanced team and you play against a mediocre group of support players, you'll lose just about every time IMO. A support team is just stupidly powerful because no one ever stays dead and they all use the cheapest weapons the game has to offer.

Yeah and then one of the other 6-13 teammates presses left on the Dpad and the assault's efforts are worthless. Then of course he gets killed in one shot by the overpowered shotgun or spammed to death by the ridiculous voltage.

If you are on a good, balanced team and you play against a mediocre group of support players, you'll lose just about every time IMO. A support team is just stupidly powerful because no one ever stays dead and they all use the cheapest weapons the game has to offer.

I cannot wait to finally roll with NGAF, make it happen based time difference!

leng jai

I changed your quote to what i think works.

When this game started at lot people complained no one plays support, now its that everyone does?

I've always thought everyone plays support - they just never use spawn bacons and fail to revive half the time.

Has anyone noted that kingdoug's name has the initials as kill/death?

Grinchy

Banned
I changed your quote to what i think works.

When this game started at lot people complained no one plays support, now its that everyone does?

It's just an observation, not a complaint. And the observation wasn't, "Everyone plays support." It was, "If you play against a full team of support people, even if they suck, they will win."

You're probably not going to see a ton of support-only teams if you play with randoms because of everyone wanting to do their own thing with challenges/abilities. But if you do face a team of people who are all working together and just care about winning games, it's more likely that they are all support players and most of them are wielding shotguns. And you'll never win against them no matter how good you are unless you do the same thing.

Maybe I should be clear about this being true for Warzone. I don't know if it's true for TDM as well because I don't play TDM.

leng jai

Support is more useful in Warzone. Revive spam and turrets work a lot better in objective modes.

Honestly you can can counter most of the Support shenanigans as Assault. Assault already have shield, boost and the grenade launcher which are all extremely powerful. The main problem is that they are terrible at taking out air drones.

Dibbz

Lambda, where are you? Still chewing on my bullets? :p

I love going up against a good team, so long as my team isn't pure shite. The constant back and forth is too good. Played a game against what seemed like all supports but it was so fucking fun. Voltage, Turrets, Air Bots the whole shit. So glorious when your screen is full of blood, metal and explosions and the game feels like it's going at 100mph because it is that intense.

Competitive is fun and all but to me Killzone is at its best with all abilities on and in your face chaos.

leng jai

Honestly the only gun/ability I would want taken out is the Voltage. The whole premise of that weapon is so asinine and annoying.

Dibbz

It's good for clearing spawn beacons, shields and people clustered together. Anything else and it's pretty shit really. If it stunned turrets yeah I'd say it'd be overpowered but it doesn't so imo it's fine.

I love going up against a good team, so long as my team isn't pure shite. The constant back and forth is too good. Played a game against what seemed like all supports but it was so fucking fun. Voltage, Turrets, Air Bots the whole shit. So glorious when your screen is full of blood, metal and explosions and the game feels like it's going at 100mph because it is that intense.

Competitive is fun and all but to me Killzone is at its best with all abilities on and in your face chaos.

THIS RIGHT HERE:

tumblr_lsbu4l33tL1qbnylmo1_500.gif

Fuck...

Playing with randoms is truly an exercise in fustration.
Cant believe there's folks out there STILL not even throwing any concerns at completing objectives >=(

Lambda, where are you? Still chewing on my bullets? :p

Slums match is the perfect example of how 2 good players (that Tau_86 guy is pretty good) + randoms beat 1 good player + randoms. i carried my damn team to a semi competitive in the Slums (we got 100 more points overall than you) but couldn't be arsed to do it 2 times in a row.

i stayed back for 30 seconds to see if anyone would place a spawn beacon and nada, fuck it.

DrKelpo

Banned
I honestly think that a lot of people Really don't know that they have all these abilities.. Spawn beacons, drones etc.
After a lot of rounds with random people, otherwise I can't explain why they never ever use it.
Especially spawn beacons... They take 1-2 seconds to build, They reduce the distances a lot for everyone thus increasing the overall pacing of the game, you even get points for it...

I like playing supporter, but also like to switch sometimes only to realize that I am the only one to place beacons. So basically I have to switch back, because the team has a hard time completing objectives otherwise...

Sheesh... Frustrating

Current NGAF roster.

Nice.... If anyone wants to be included in this fantastic roster just send a PSN message to either kingdoug87 or johntown. leaving your PSN here and not returning wont get an invite, as it is against the law... apparently, i don't make the law.

Also looking forward to the maps, coming soon.

Dibbz

Slums match is the perfect example of how 2 good players (that Tau_86 guy is pretty good) + randoms beat 1 good player + randoms. i carried my damn team to a semi competitive in the Slums (we got 100 more points overall than you) but couldn't be arsed to do it 2 times in a row.

i stayed back for 30 seconds to see if anyone would place a spawn beacon and nada, fuck it.

Lamba my team on the Slums was

1364330761463.jpg

When I play with good players I don't even need to say shit and we end up meeting at objectives. Having to put my boot up players asses to get a fucking response is pathetic. I'm pretty sure all of my team muted me because I was doing nothing but swearing at them all.

One guy put a spawn down. Right outside our base. No thanks Jeff, fuck you and your spawn beacon.

Wish GG did more to teach players how to play the god damn game.

johntown

Banned
Nice.... If anyone wants to be included in this fantastic roster just send a PSN message to either kingdoug87 or johntown. leaving your PSN here and not returning wont get an invite, as it is against the law... apparently, i don't make the law.

Also looking forward to the maps, coming soon.
For some reason I have had problems adding people. I click the invite button on the website and nothing happens. I have been trying on multiple computers and browsers and the button does not work?

sjackson12

Neo Member
Broke 1000 challenges yesterday. That pistol warfare room is good to get some pistol challenges done.

Played a bit with Rubenov, otherwise just randoms. One guy put a shield in his own base for some reason.

Dibbz

For some reason I have had problems adding people. I click the invite button on the website and nothing happens. I have been trying on multiple computers and browsers and the button does not work?

Think it's the website because when I tried to accept it a while ago it wouldn't work but the next day it was fine.

No seriously,

What the piss has happened to the community!?

Last night I was joining nothing but games with people who had no idea what to do and did not give any F's anyways.

I feel like I'm on the verge of outright quitting all together out of frustration.
Also, everyone just defaults to Team Deathmatch, which is an okay way to get your numbers up, but is ultimately just not as satisfying.

Dibbz

I'll try to jump on tonight Lambda, might be later though.

kingdoug, I was wondering. Those videos you make, do you have a capture device or are you just using the PS4 share feature?

No seriously,

What the piss has happened to the community!?

Last night I was joining nothing but games with people who had no idea what to do and did not give any F's anyways.

I feel like I'm on the verge of outright quitting all together out of frustration.

it's been that way since i started playing over a month ago and arguably been that way since launch.

i don't plan on playing it once inFamous and Driveclub and other heavy hitters come out.

it's been that way since i started playing over a month ago and arguably been that way since launch.

i don't plan on playing it once inFamous and Driveclub and other heavy hitters come out.

:(

I feel like it got worse when the number of people playing started to drop drastically

I mean shit, last night, I think classic Warzone was only sitting at like 159 active players.

:(

I feel like it got worse when the number of people playing started to drop drastically

I mean shit, last night, I think classic Warzone was only sitting at like 159 active players.

i also expected that only people left would be the good players but it seems like the good players are the ones who left. clans should've been in since day one, might've kept some people around.

wanna see population go up? have GG release some new grindy trophies with the new maps and there would be a number of trophies whores coming back.

Ilúvatar

i also expected that only people left would be the good players but it seems like the good players are the ones who left. clans should've been in since day one, might've kept some people around.

wanna see population go up? have GG release some new grindy trophies with the new maps and there would be a number of trophies whores coming back.

There are some trophy whores who never left...

*points to self*

I'll try to jump on tonight Lambda, might be later though.

kingdoug, I was wondering. Those videos you make, do you have a capture device or are you just using the PS4 share feature?

Just used the share feature on the PS4

I have the issue at my work computer, but when im there i can add people via phone. but i have had 0 issues at my home computer. the website does have some issues.So if you cant invite someone just let me know.

Trophie "Get 10 000 spawn assists on map X" on all new maps is a trophy I would like to see.

Love it.. Love it.. Love it.

to try and squeeze some fun out of this game i do "pistol whipping run only" now. got Dibbz a couple of times, but sometimes the full melee animation triggers i get pissed.

no objectives, no spawn, nothing. just running around, stun blasting and slapping people with a pistol.

to try and squeeze some fun out of this game i do "pistol whipping run only" now. got Dibbz a couple of times, but sometimes the full melee animation triggers i get pissed.

no objectives, no spawn, nothing. just running around, stun blasting and slapping people with a pistol.

I do this sometimes, just pick a random challenge for a map. Last night did a voltage only game on the slums... It was amazing, i could feel the other teams rage.

Dibbz

Fun games Lambda. Tight matches with semi competent team mates. Still got to slap the shit out of your team mates though :p

Metfanant

getting back into this game the past couple days...i searched the thread a little and didnt see this answered, so excuse me if it was and i missed it but...

as someone that is 100% a TDM player in any online shooter i play...why are only 6 of the 10 maps available in the official TDM warzone?...are the other maps really THAT poorly suited for TDM??...i ask because ive never actually seen them since i only play TDM...and with the low number of players online its pretty useless to create my own TDM warzone with all 10 maps and expect to get anyone to join...

Top Bottom