• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Games been unplayable almost for past couple days, just constant bad lag in the game. See others complaining about this. But never had this problem before the updates to the system and the game. Can't get into one game without bad lag.

Wow maybe it's more widespread... what the hell happened?

Had awful lag tonight. Brutal melees not getting kills, pouring bullets into guys and getting the kill points for them a full minute later (after respawning, no less).

Guerrilla broke the game?

lordxar

Bunch of my friends tried playing Tuesday and had awful lag. One guy has some network analyzing software which saw huge packet loss over Comcast. I'm wondering if its a combination of that and non regional players.

Grinchy

Banned
A few weeks ago or maybe a little bit longer, I suddenly got a ton of lag in the game. Every day I tried to play, it was just a complete lag fest. There were other people reporting the same thing. Then it got better again. I wonder if this is just another lag period.

I haven't been able to play recently but I was hoping to play a ton this weekend. I hope it's not full of game breaking lag.

leng jai

I don't think I've ever had unplayable lag for an extended period of time. There's usually intermittent lag though with such as brutal melee kills not registering, getting "payback" headshots after you die and shooting people 30 times and not getting the kill credit a few minutes later.

Metfanant

lag was BAAAAAAD tonight while i was playing...watching players warp all over the screen...empty entire clips straight into enemies...RELOAD...and duck for cover...only to get credit for the kill and hear the "chirp" 10 seconds later...

Great rolling with some of the NGAF clan today.... below are screenshots taken when I was playing with randoms.... then playing with NGAF:

RANDOMS:

1898285_1411540715763428_1844498524_n.jpg

With NGAF: ( 4 spawn beacons... so beautiful )

1779248_1411580329092800_924457810_n.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
lag was BAAAAAAD tonight while i was playing...watching players warp all over the screen...empty entire clips straight into enemies...RELOAD...and duck for cover...only to get credit for the kill and hear the "chirp" 10 seconds later...

Yeah tonight was potentially the laggiest I've ever seen the game. I only played one match and it was one of those ability booster rooms so I could finish off my turrets. It started fine and then gradually became unplayable. I have my PS4 wired to a 30Mbps/5Mbps connection. I know PC games have dedicated servers but it's so frustrating to have every other game I play work perfectly fine, have this one be brokenly laggy, and then be told it's just my connection. That's such bullshit.

I'm going to jump into a couple real rooms, but if this is going to be a laggy mess it might motivate me to play BF4 for once.

Yea today tried at two different times today, and it's lagfrest. People teleporting everywhere, unloading whole mags into people who aren't really there apparently. Randomly dying.

Seriously the game has been almost unplayable since the update. No problems in any other ps4 game

Paertan

Yeah finally got to play with a bunch of NGAF. It was as glorious as I imagined it would be. We lost one Generator at Search and Destroy: Defend but that was it.

leng jai

Not sure why but RaVE invited me into their psn group conversation. Saw them saying how they were completely owned by 2 NGAF on Warzone, lol.

Not sure why but RaVE invited me into their psn group conversation. Saw them saying how they were completely owned by 2 NGAF on Warzone, lol.

Hahahahha.... that was me originally..:

1959680_1411955905721909_1362767955_n.jpg

And Nexfero joined in on the fun....

1940003_1411955865721913_172283913_n.jpg

Dont think they won a game..... ( there were some draws though)... Most of them was Nex and me up top, then all RAVE, then the rest of our team.

TyrantII

Yeah tonight was potentially the laggiest I've ever seen the game. I only played one match and it was one of those ability booster rooms so I could finish off my turrets. It started fine and then gradually became unplayable. I have my PS4 wired to a 30Mbps/5Mbps connection. I know PC games have dedicated servers but it's so frustrating to have every other game I play work perfectly fine, have this one be brokenly laggy, and then be told it's just my connection. That's such bullshit.

I'm going to jump into a couple real rooms, but if this is going to be a laggy mess it might motivate me to play BF4 for once.

So I wasn't the only one?

Lag of at least 5000-10000ms it seemed. Deaths not registering for 5-10 seconds. Statues ghosting all over the map. Melee Jesus revives. Seeing enemies dance but not shooting, running away, and crumpling into a ball dying 1/2 a map away from when they were obviously, but invisibly shooting you.

All Killzone's past or present had this problem to some effect, but even in a private the other night, with people all in the US that have good connections, we were having major issues.

WTH is going on?

Metfanant

hey guys, admittedly i didnt search (sorry!) but my friends are slowly converting from Xbox only gamers to multi console owners, and they have been enjoying playing Killzone MP at my house...

so now ive done a little looking online and i just want to make sure i understand how to "party up" in Killzone multiplayer so things go as smoothly as possible...

obviously first steps are...

1. Start Party chat on the OS level
2. Invite friends to party chat

but then...

i THINK ive seen in the KZ menus that i can "invite friends to game," but ive also read that if i just try to join a game it will automatically ask my party members if they want to join the game? is that so?

you GAF clan guys seem to be able to play with eachother, so what is the easiest way to make sure im playing with my friends??

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The return of LagZone. It was almost unbearable tonight.

Can we not "join session" of a clan member/non-friend?

It's amazing how options from Killzone 2 still aren't available (join clan/squads).

Grinchy

Banned
So I wasn't the only one?

Lag of at least 5000-10000ms it seemed. Deaths not registering for 5-10 seconds. Statues ghosting all over the map. Melee Jesus revives. Seeing enemies dance but not shooting, running away, and crumpling into a ball dying 1/2 a map away from when they were obviously, but invisibly shooting you.

All Killzone's past or present had this problem to some effect, but even in a private the other night, with people all in the US that have good connections, we were having major issues.

WTH is going on?

I was gonna make a bunch of gifs but I just wasn't in the mood. I made one though. It's definitely not the worst moment I saw, but it is the kind of shit I was seeing the whole time I tried to play.

failzone2fuovp.gif

And even though I played TF2 immediately afterward in a server with 17 ping, I'm sure everything that happens in Killzone SF is a result of "my bad connection."

hey guys, admittedly i didnt search (sorry!) but my friends are slowly converting from Xbox only gamers to multi console owners, and they have been enjoying playing Killzone MP at my house...

so now ive done a little looking online and i just want to make sure i understand how to "party up" in Killzone multiplayer so things go as smoothly as possible...

obviously first steps are...

1. Start Party chat on the OS level
2. Invite friends to party chat

but then...

i THINK ive seen in the KZ menus that i can "invite friends to game," but ive also read that if i just try to join a game it will automatically ask my party members if they want to join the game? is that so?

you GAF clan guys seem to be able to play with eachother, so what is the easiest way to make sure im playing with my friends??

Correct, when in a party someone can join a warzone of their choice. Every party member will receive an invitation at the bottom their screen which they can press OPTIONS to accept and then everyone who accepts will join the game as a party.

If someone is already in game, other people can click the touch pad which will display their friends list and you can join them via that option: Though I recommend to party up and all join from the KZ menu like my before.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do need to introduce more CLAN options, so I can join any clan member or what not and organising clan matches... but whatcha gonna do?

TyrantII

I was gonna make a bunch of gifs but I just wasn't in the mood. I made one though. It's definitely not the worst moment I saw, but it is the kind of shit I was seeing the whole time I tried to play.

failzone2fuovp.gif

And even though I played TF2 immediately afterward in a server with 17 ping, I'm sure everything that happens in Killzone SF is a result of "my bad connection."

Feel free to make some from my album here. Lots of ridiculousness.

https://www.facebook.com/Tyrant.T002/media_set?set=vb.100002963222447&type=2

And It's only worse tonight :(

Hey guys I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet and I'm thinking of getting in on the action.

Anyone want to take a noob under their wings and show him the ropes?

Just send me a PSN invite. PSN name is the same as you see here: SolidChamp

I'm on Taipei time, so the evening here is morning on the east coast in NA.

TyrantII

hahahaha there are some awesome videos in here

"Your connection must be terrible!"

Nope, it's the game and its happening to everyone. It's steadily gone to crap since launch, i'm guessing because of the dwindling player numbers in combination with over seas players matching more and more into games.

Grinchy

Banned
Nope, it's the game and its happening to everyone. It's steadily gone to crap since launch, i'm guessing because of the dwindling player numbers in combination with over seas players matching more and more into games.

Yeah I just don't get it. It was so smooth at launch and then something snapped along the way. I could be way off, but I feel like the framerate in 24 player rooms has improved with the patches, but the lag has become unbearable.

Maybe you're right about playercount. For those of us who only really like playing Warzone, the playerbase is so tiny that you're basically just stuck with the few people who are online at the time no matter what planet everyone is from. People who play TDM might have a slightly better chance of being matched with people they should actually be matched with.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I guess there aren't any dedicated servers then if it's this unpredictable?

Guerilla's made it so hard to love this game despite pretty much nailing the core design.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are you guys who experience extreme lag living in the US? Just curious if its a regional problem. I live in Europe and i hardly experience any lag at all. After 16,000+ kills, i think i've had that 5-10 second delayed kill maybe 3-5 times tops. I have also seen the "sliding/skating" persons a few times, but that is also very rare for me.

Also, one question regarding the shotgun alternate fire, how does that work? I've been trying to find a pattern to how it works, but i cant figure it out. If you shoot someone, sometimes they burn to death, and sometimes they dont die. Is it completely random?

I guess there aren't any dedicated servers then if it's this unpredictable?

Guerilla's made it so hard to love this game despite pretty much nailing the core design.
There are dedicated servers in the way that if the host quit, then you dont get disconnected. You can still kill people even if it says "temporary connection problems" (which i assume is because the host quits or get disconnected at least), but objectives are put on a hold. It was the same in Killzone 2 (i'm not sure about Killzone 3).

sorry for the late reply... was truly busy this week could only use mobile and not my PS4
got the message about the error preventing me from joining the clan...

joined the friend request... PM if you are able to add me now

TyrantII

US as well.

This seemed to start up the same time that Comcast (ISP) was said to be having peering issues with Level 3 over netflix. Thats since been resolved but were still having lag issues.

Wonder if its just a coincidence or some sort of mistaken packet filtering is going on.

Anyone know an IP to any of these KZ servers? I'd like to take a look at the routing and line quality getting there.

DrKelpo

Banned
fantatier, we are already friends i think.

and i need your psn nick paertan :)

i sent a friend request to kingdoug87 with a plead to add me to the clan.
or who is responsible for that?

Being the only PS4 game i currently own, i have been smashing the be-jezus out of it, clearing through the trophies currently. Finally down to the last 1 .... max out all abilities. I take it this one is a giant pain in the butt (without boosting) ?

Just tried to play tonight, the lag made the game unplayable. It's weird that the game ran so smoothly for so long and then, out of nowhere, it becomes horrible.

Guess I shouldn't have traded in Battlefield.

johntown

Banned
Top lag moment for me today was on the wall. We lost TDM then won capture and hold. The rest of the game went on for everyone else but me. I was stuck on waiting for mission and was useless for the team. I had to have Nicholas tell me what was going on where so I could lay spawns and turrets.

Ultra lag all day. Even in botzone!

Top lag moment for me today was on the wall. We lost TDM then won capture and hold. The rest of the game went on for everyone else but me. I was stuck on waiting for mission and was useless for the team. I had to have Nicholas tell me what was going on where so I could lay spawns and turrets.
Ultra lag all day. Even in botzone!

I know the lag has been bad for everyone ( I havent had much though ) but what you said there sounds like a really fun game mode.... if on purpose.

Paertan

Wonder if the game have been mixing players across continents more. Europeans and Americans for example. because of declining userbase. That would cause more lag.

Top Bottom