• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Darien

Patch notes anyone?

rvtnWgXl.jpg

EDIT: 1595 challenges increased to 1682 after 1.10 patch

leng jai

Sorry Johntown didn't see your invite until about an hour later. Probably too laggy to play a competitive clan match from Antarctica anyway.

test_account

XP-39C²
They also added a new sound to the petrusite grenade in the latest patch, sounds pretty good i think :)

Will the map be seperate DLC? As in, do you need to download the seperately? I wonder why they chose that route. What would happen to those who dont download these maps? Will they play on seperate servers, or will they simply be kicked from the game if one of the DLC maps is being chosen for the next round?

Dibbz

They also added a new sound to the petrusite grenade in the latest patch, sounds pretty good i think :)

Will the map be seperate DLC? As in, do you need to download the seperately? I wonder why they chose that route. What would happen to those who dont download these maps? Will they play on seperate servers, or will they simply be kicked from the game if one of the DLC maps is being chosen for the next round?

You asked a question then came up with your own answer then wonder how they will sort out a problem that doesn't even exist in the same paragraph?

Slow down, bud.

There will probably be an update with the maps that everyone has to download on release.

Nice.... If anyone wants to be included in this fantastic roster just send a PSN message to either kingdoug87 or johntown. leaving your PSN here and not returning wont get an invite, as it is against the law... apparently, i don't make the law.

Also looking forward to the maps, coming soon.

I'm assuming I'm part of breaking the law. I don't leave (I'm sub'd to this thread), I just don't have much to post. I average 0.88 posts per day total on here so it's not just relegated to this thread either.

Either way, I'll send the PM on PSN. I'm just looking for some people to play with so I can avoid bad team mates.

test_account

XP-39C²
You asked a question then came up with your own answer then wonder how they will sort out a problem that doesn't even exist in the same paragraph?

Slow down, bud.

There will probably be an update with the maps that everyone has to download on release.
Hehe, nah, i'm still wondering how they will do it :) The reason why i'm wondering is because the 1.10 patch added support for the upcoming maps, and that is the only thing mentioned in the patch change log. Why release a patch first that adds support for upcoming maps if they have to release another patch soon that includes the maps anyway. That is what made me unsure. I'm not really worried though, if it looked like that in my previous post. I'm just curious how they will do it.

I'm assuming I'm part of breaking the law. I don't leave (I'm sub'd to this thread), I just don't have much to post. I average 0.88 posts per day total on here so it's not just relegated to this thread either.

Either way, I'll send the PM on PSN. I'm just looking for some people to play with so I can avoid bad team mates.

Sorry buddy, I didnt mean 'if you dont post in this thread regularly you wont get an invite,' I just saw a bunch of people leave their PSN ID's here even though I put up several times send them via PSN.

Yes send your PM I'll add you straight away.

gotta love folks immune to shotgun blasts. even my kid looked at me and went "why didn't he die?" and i no answer so i turned off the console.

GG to Dibbz and Nexfero.

Dibbz

haha Lambda you never stick around when I jump on :p Shame I always get put on the other team.

Had an amazing match on The Wall just now. Think Nexfero was still in. Holy shit it was orgasmic at times. Attack S&D went to the wire. So intense. I'm uploading the clip. It's fucking beautiful.

BTW I think GG have changed the layout on The Wall. I couldn't tell 100% because I was in tears at the magnificent team mates I was blessed with but let me try and explain where the change is.

Imagine attacking the oppositions end, just outside their wall on ground level on the left of the map facing the enemy base is some big metal sheets giving cover. Think directly above Bomb Site A. You could put a spawn there and hide it a little bit because the wall was indented inwards. They've basically flattened it so you can no longer hide the spawn. Think it's visible from the middle door way of the base now.

I'll double check but it's good to see GG making some changes to The Wall since it's really easy to spawn camp.

So recently I've tried getting into the multiplayer again, but it has been really laggy for me, like shooting someone, running away they'll die a few seconds later and I'll either go to low health or die. None of my other games do this... any fixes?

johntown

Banned
So recently I've tried getting into the multiplayer again, but it has been really laggy for me, like shooting someone, running away they'll die a few seconds later and I'll either go to low health or die. None of my other games do this... any fixes?
It has been unplayable for me today.

It was really bad lag-wise today for me.

With my W/L and K/D at a nicely rounded 1.15 and 2.15 respectively, I think I am once and for all done with KZ:SF. It's been a lot of fun, but damn, after booting it up not 5 minutes ago, my desire to play had flatlined almost immediately. The community is just lame now. It's basically Clansteamrollzone with an abundance of morons to garnish a plate of napoli shittuccini. In other words, it's about as good as that analogy.

That being said, the main culprit here is simply the sheer number of hours I've lovingly put into it, so my waned interest is only natural.

So, thank you for an awesome and unique game, GG.

KZGaf: godspeed.

RoeBear

With my W/L and K/D at a nicely rounded 1.15 and 2.15 respectively, I think I am once and for all done with KZ:SF. It's been a lot of fun, but damn, after booting it up not 5 minutes ago, my desire to play had flatlined almost immediately. The community is just lame now. It's basically Clansteamrollzone with an abundance of morons to garnish a plate of napoli shittuccini. In other words, it's about as good as that analogy.

That being said, the main culprit here is simply the sheer number of hours I've lovingly put into it, so my waned interest is only natural.

So, thank you for an awesome and unique game, GG.

KZGaf: godspeed.

But new maps... Yeah if you're not playing with a clan it's not that fun.

Dibbz

I've been having fun playing with pubs the last few days. But of course I'm getting matched with superior Europeans so that is expected :p

I've been having fun playing with pubs the last few days. But of course I'm getting matched with superior Europeans so that is expected :p

i rather like dismantling clans on my own. i can even lose but i get first in the scoreboard. i should be later on tonight since i'm gonna watch Bayern tear Arsenal a new one so hopefully we can get some games together (or vs each other).

Urgh the air drone is soooo useless, even more so than the buddy drone... My air drone often gets shot down by buddy drones because they have continuous fire... x(

Anybody else having this problem?

I tried Googling to see if there was a fix or something but, all I found was a bunch of posts from people saying that they're now experiencing lag when they didn't before and a whole bunch of replies to those saying "CHECK UR INTERWEBZ NOOB LULZ!!!!"

I know that sometimes it is the person's connection but, I hate that that is the de facto answer to lag. I have a connection that allows me to stream Netflix to two devices, have kids on video chat, and I can still get a 20ms ping to a server 500 miles away from me. It's a requirement for my job so I know when the connection is bad....

I'm going to try again tonight in hopes that it was just something up with the game yesterday.

EDIT: sorry, went off on a tangent there from a bad Google experience...lol.

I tried Googling to see if there was a fix or something but, all I found was a bunch of posts from people saying that they're now experiencing lag when they didn't before and a whole bunch of replies to those saying "CHECK UR INTERWEBZ NOOB LULZ!!!!"

I know that sometimes it is the person's connection but, I hate that that is the de facto answer to lag. I have a connection that allows me to stream Netflix to two devices, have kids on video chat, and I can still get a 20ms ping to a server 500 miles away from me. It's a requirement for my job so I know when the connection is bad....

I'm going to try again tonight in hopes that it was just something up with the game yesterday.

EDIT: sorry, went off on a tangent there from a bad Google experience...lol.

Lol no I understand, I've been through it myself. Like I've said I don't have any problems with any of the other games, just this one.

Played my first matches in a few months and my skills haven't regressed. Unfortunately, method of play doesn't seem to have progressed either. Spawn camping makes this game so unbelievably boring, I can't believe this hasn't been aggressively addressed. Every match I played (maybe 7 or 8) featured heavy use of about 20% of the map, and the other 80% mine as well have not even been there. The matches mine as well have been just one long hallway with people camping each other as the tug of war gave one an advantage, than the other. Anywho:

1.) Are they looking into some more options to make spawn camping a less viable method of play? Or do I just need to stop playing TDM all together? It's generally my preferred mode as it requires the least amount of teamwork and reliable communication, but it hasn't been fun since the first month of release when spawn camping wasn't a thing. I stopped playing some of the other modes because people are dumb and play capture and domination modes like they meant to queue for TDM, failing to do anything with the objectives.

2.) I'm happy to see people using mics. Unfortunately, most seemed to be using it to just...breathe on the mic. Or speak Spanish. Unexpected, but I'm glad it's there now.

3.) Did they remove the blur effect when you run? I was trying to figure out why the game wasn't bothering my eyes as much as it used to, then I realized that blur doesn't appear to be around anymore. Excellent. Also, was stability improved? The MP seems to drop frames much less than it used to. Felt quite smooth.

Everything feels good, but the sound effects make me want to punch babies. After spending significant time with BF4 and Titanfall on a hifi system, it's just hard to accept how garbo the audio effects really are. In comparison, the gunfire is uninspired or just bad (hello, shotgun), and the explosions all seem comparatively muffled and muted.

you guys can add me:

LandmineSalesman

loving this game so far! On day 1 I got a 11 kill spree in the forest map haha

super fun game! Single player seems mediocre though

Games been unplayable almost for past couple days, just constant bad lag in the game. See others complaining about this. But never had this problem before the updates to the system and the game. Can't get into one game without bad lag.

Top Bottom