• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Footos22

I'v been playing the last few days and i havent experienced any lag whatsoever.
Uk anyway.

I hated the mp to start and was getting stomped.
Stuck with it though and finally started getting resonably good.

This game is actually fantastic once you learn the maps and get a good team to play with

Darien

Latest update 1.11 (377MB)

AdqWuNC.jpg

FerranMG

This game is actually fantastic once you learn the maps

Yep, I actually think this game has pretty good map design.

There's only one I don't really like playing, The Wall.
And maybe I'd say there's not many sniper-friendly maps.
But they all have secondary paths or areas that, once you discover them and use them, give you an edge over the enemy.

My favorite ones:
The Divide
The Station
The Spire

Fun fact: they all start with "the".

Dibbz

Any hidden changes in the update? BTW check out this news post from the official KZ twitter.

BhQlUTgCMAEr3pV.png:large

Infiltrator class is most likely making a return to Killzone, since this is a brand new design we have not seen and was not in the SP like the HGH Infiltrator was. Also M82 is mentioned and GG have not kept it a secret that the gun will be returning in an expansion pack they have planned. Plus the fact that it's not a VSA troop but it's an insurgent group similar to Black Hand, it fits like a glove.

Curious to see how they go about this expansion pack. Will they simply add the class to the game or will it be some special mode or warzone where only that expansion stuff works? I'd expect some new to come out soon whatever the case.

lordxar

This game does have some awesome MP maps. I have a couple (Spire and Divide) I don't care for as much as the rest but don't outright hate them. Divide is tough when your getting owned and Spire, I don't know, just doesn't play well for me. Although I got 70+ kills one match to finish out my Judaz! Felt like a god rolling thunder that match.

Crats for mp?

What I don't like about the maps in this game, is that I don't feel like im in a Warzone. Most is just revisiting parts of the SP. KZ2 and 3 maps, all felt like you were going at it in an actual battleground. These maps to me all seem like CoD maps that try to be varied but instead just feel awkward.

nelchaar

Goodness me, the # of players for this game have dropped drastically. Playing at non-peak hours t night in the US (West) Classic Warzone players are at max 70 players.

Any hidden changes in the update? BTW check out this news post from the official KZ twitter.

Infiltrator class is most likely making a return to Killzone, since this is a brand new design we have not seen and was not in the SP like the HGH Infiltrator was. Also M82 is mentioned and GG have not kept it a secret that the gun will be returning in an expansion pack they have planned. Plus the fact that it's not a VSA troop but it's an insurgent group similar to Black Hand, it fits like a glove.

Curious to see how they go about this expansion pack. Will they simply add the class to the game or will it be some special mode or warzone where only that expansion stuff works? I'd expect some new to come out soon whatever the case.

interesting. this game could boom as a free 2 play game.

think they toned down texture quality to improve the frame rate on MP.

I don't think textures really effect frame rate too much.

Grinchy

Banned
Holy shit, it's fixed! The lag was 99% gone for me tonight. It felt like it did at launch, where I could aim 2 shot bursts perfectly into an enemy from a distance and actually get proper kills. There were just a few little spots here or there but instead of playing one round and getting pissed that I own the game, I played for like 3+ hours straight.

It's a night and day difference from the way it has been running recently.

Paertan

Yes lag has improved I feel. Always someone playing using an old 56k modem it seems but hey we can't all have great internet.

Now if they also could fix my teammates xD

Some more classes and stuff would be great and I think making the multiplayer F2P might be good. Not quite yet but in a few months.

thenexus6

So I have been playing this more recently and having fun. I wondered if the season pass worth it? Its only £15 which seem reasonable, but do you really get a lot for it, and is there much coming in the future?

Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer free for a week

Sony will make the multiplayer portion of PlayStation 4 launch title Killzone: Shadow Fall free to try during the week leading up to the launch of Titanfall on Xbox One and PC.

All PlayStation 4 owners will be able to download Killzone's multiplayer mode for free, developer Guerrilla explained via the Killzone website. The game will also be temporarily exempt from requiring a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online.

Sony's excuse for its generosity is a celebration to mark the game's well-timed new map pack DLC (also free), and a new community challenge. The offer will be available to all PS4 owners from 4th - 11th March.

Titanfall launches in North America on the same date, and here in Europe on the 13th.

Linky

TyrantII

So I have been playing this more recently and having fun. I wondered if the season pass worth it? Its only £15 which seem reasonable, but do you really get a lot for it, and is there much coming in the future?

It's only for COOP, most likely a hoard mode or operations type game.

I'll put it this way, it's worth it if you think GG are great devs and in tune with their fan base. I've rarely seen a Developer care about such a tiny MP fan base; keepingin touch on twitter / the forums, responding quickly to issue, and asking for community feedback.

I'd say it much more worth it vs say the $15 a map pack COD or BF4 is asking for to reward the best developers out there. GG is one of them IMO.

Grinchy

Banned
I was just telling my brother that they should do another free period while the game isn't completely fucking broken so that people can get a chance to see that it's actually an awesome MP game. If it keeps running as well as it did for me last night they might just get some more people playing online soon.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Requiring PS+ for online play can't be helping this game's numbers. One of the many reasons I'm against charging for online, as it affects even people paying for it.

Metfanant

Requiring PS+ for online play can't be helping this game's numbers. One of the many reasons I'm against charging for online, as it affects even people paying for it.

doesnt have anything to do with it IMO....thousands and thousands of people playing CoD: Ghosts every night on the PS4...

Paertan

Hope a lot of people start playing the multiplayer even after the free week.

Come on guys. try not to steamroll to much when all the free players try it out. 3-2 is also a victory!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
doesnt have anything to do with it IMO....thousands and thousands of people playing CoD: Ghosts every night on the PS4...

Well it sure as hell doesn't help. It's an additional barrier for people playing smaller, less popular titles, such as KZ. Call of Duty is Call of Duty and it will always pull big numbers

Metfanant

Hope a lot of people start playing the multiplayer even after the free week.

Come on guys. try not to steamroll to much when all the free players try it out. 3-2 is also a victory!

agree...i hope the new maps/free weekend revitalize the player base quite a bit...ive never had a problem getting a game or anything, but it would be nice to see better numbers...even though they completely broke their game for a week or so there, GG does do a good job supporting their games

Well it sure as hell doesn't help. It's an additional barrier for people playing smaller, less popular titles, such as KZ. Call of Duty is Call of Duty and it will always pull big numbers

i agree it doesnt necessarily help the numbers...but i really dont think it hurts much...if that many people are online playing CoD every single night (higher numbers then on the Xbone iirc) then there isnt much of a barrier involved...KZ has sold well over a million copies...you cant tell me that PS+ is anywhere near a significant enough barrier to cause the online numbers to be so abysmal...

Grinchy

Banned
Is anybody else still experiencing the crippling lag?

It has completely shifted for me. Every now and then I will still see a single person lagging like crazy, but that's expected and understood. It's quite smooth for me overall now and a complete 180 from what it has been recently.

johntown

Banned
Anyone interested in starting a trolling group? Generally, 8 people in a party and all we do is keep throwing bots and running purger or voltage.

The goal is not necessarily to win but to fill the map up with as many bots as possible throughout the map and guard them with the purger or voltage.

Winning is not the primary goal. Just trolling the other team with as many bots as possible.

Just for lolz.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone interested in starting a trolling group? Generally, 8 people in a party and all we do is keep throwing bots and running purger or voltage.

The goal is not necessarily to win but to fill the map up with as many bots as possible throughout the map and guard them with the purger or voltage.

Winning is not the primary goal. Just trolling the other team with as many bots as possible.

Just for lolz.

Sometimes I feel like a lot of groups already do this.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Just for lolz.

This sounds really awful....

so... the ISA/VSA now have glowing eues too I guess
proxy.jpg

VSA/ISA copycats!

stealing all of Helghast's innovation

Just for lolz.

I'd rather be the one running around with a group putting a stop to this kind of behaviour. No amount of bots/purger/voltage is to much for me!! muhahhaha!!

--------

In other news, hoping to put in a lot more hours over the next couple of weeks before the onslaught of March games arrive, will be jumping back in every so often when they update stuff like the co-op... anyways, let's have some fun.

Had some issues tonight, but i think it was my fault. Had my clan tag as NGAFNGAF... Sorry to the others that i annoyed by joining and rejoining.

Gave it a minute then joined into randoms... They were some of the best games i ever played.

leng jai

My motivation to play has kinda waned the last few days. It doesn't help that every match involves ridiculous amounts of spawn camping because a certain clan is all stacked on one team. I either start on the crap team or get auto balanced there after one match. Seriously what is up with the player base? They're dumb as bricks in this game. My spawn beacons don't even get used.

Grinchy

Banned
Well everyone saying the lag was "fixed" after one smooth session were always prematurely ejaculating.

It was "fixed" though. It was silky for 2 days in a row after being completely unplayable for a long time. And it happened immediately after a developer specifically said they updated the servers (a second time). So it wasn't really crazy to think that they had actually changed something for the better and that the problem was behind us.

The amount of lag and the way it is going back and forth on a daily basis is something I've never seen from an online console game, and that's going back to the PS2. To assume that it's because they fucked something up on their end that they are capable of fixing is pretty natural.

leng jai

I still find it hilarious that a team that's doing the spawn camping often actually ends up losing. I mean, how the fuck is that even possible.

I think im in the minority. but i dont get as much lag as everyone claims they get.. sure the odd skater but ive noticed nothing 'game breaking'. I also still love this game and find it incredibly fun..

Im sorry to those that aren't experiencing the same.... I just wish we could all draw rainbows and smiles.....

I'll show myself out.

leng jai

I think im in the minority. but i dont get as much lag as everyone claims they get.. sure the odd skater but ive noticed nothing 'game breaking'. I also still love this game and find it incredibly fun..

Im sorry to those that aren't experiencing the same.... I just wish we could all draw rainbows and smiles.....

I'll show myself out.

I don't get that much lag either and I'm using a wireless G connection. Maybe it's because we are bogans?

Haha. Fucking bogans. I'm in the same boat as you guys regarding lag; seldom encountered and largely tolerable.

My issue is more just the sort of game it's devolved into. I've voiced my opinions on that before, though, so I won't waste anyone's time.

Top Bottom