• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

Grinchy

Banned
I went back to the game last night to try the new maps. The game is a clusterfuck lagfest, and I´m in the EU.

Yeah I find myself not even wanting to load the game up to find out of it's still a laggy, broken piece of shit anymore. I used to look forward to finding the time to play it.

Paertan

Sometimes when it is really laggy it seems like the enemy can do Raging Demon from Street Figher.
They teleport towards you, invincible, and grab you and instantly kills you. Sounds like a Ragin Demon
xynJQvP.gif

Dibbz

Anyone got their T Shirt from GG? I've just PM'ed Ginrai today so hopefully will get it sometime next week. Interested to see what it looks like. Hopefully it actually fits me :p

torontoml

But you need the new maps to play online anyway. So everyone who plays online has to have them.
You don't "need" the new maps to play online. As an example at the end of a match yesterday my party chose to play the cruiser and when we joined the game almost everyone from the previous game got kicked because they didn't have the maps.

Dibbz

You don't "need" the new maps to play online. As an example at the end of a match yesterday my party chose to play the cruiser and when we joined the game almost everyone from the previous game got kicked because they didn't have the maps.

That's shit. Hopefully it only takes a week or so for everyone to go and download the maps. Thought this was interesting. Nice road map of what GG are planning this year for KZSF. Essentially new content every month. Sounds great.

BiJT9UACIAAtWZF.jpg:large

Grinchy

Banned
Lagzone Shadow Fail strikes again.

lagzonehlim6.gif

lol, no actually I didn't really have much lag at all tonight. That was the only thing that really stood out so I felt like making a gif. It played quite smooth other than that.

I don't think I like the new maps very much though. The Hangar was just so spammy.

btkadams

haven't played in a while because of battlefield 4 map packs but it felt great to come back to this last night. i really like the two new maps. i wish there were more, but i enjoy these two.

RoeBear

Anyone got their T Shirt from GG? I've just PM'ed Ginrai today so hopefully will get it sometime next week. Interested to see what it looks like. Hopefully it actually fits me :p

I PM'd him but didn't get a response. I guess I'll see in a week if I get something.

T-shirts are the worst as I never know how sizes work. I usually get L or XL but it still makes me uneasy.

Grinchy

Banned
Well, tonight ranged from smooth as hell to some people lagging like mad. And what's with the laggiest idiots always using a shotgun? They just appear in front of you with a one-hit-kill blast, teleport away, appear in front of a teammate with another blast, teleport away, ect.

When it was smooth it was really awesome, at least. The new maps are actually kinda fun when you're not getting spawn camped or if you're doing the spawn camping.

Dibbz

I PM'd him but didn't get a response. I guess I'll see in a week if I get something.

T-shirts are the worst as I never know how sizes work. I usually get L or XL but it still makes me uneasy.

Yeah I did the same, hears hoping it arrives soon and is worth wearing. KZ has some really awesome icons and symbols so they could do something really great.

I'm really fuckin let down 3 1/2 months for a t shirt I regret every moment of that competition

Yeah bit of a shame. Guess they had to farm the cotton/wool whatever themselves lol. Hopefully the DLC codes add a bit more value to the time spent in the tournament.

That's shit. Hopefully it only takes a week or so for everyone to go and download the maps. Thought this was interesting. Nice road map of what GG are planning this year for KZSF. Essentially new content every month. Sounds great.

BiJT9UACIAAtWZF.jpg:large
so if the Map Packs are 2 maps each
10 maps within this year is great

Edit: More then 10 seeing below as well

Grinchy

Banned
Cloak kills .... can you really only make 1 kill while cloaked, then have to wait for it to recharge ? And they want 400 of them ?

The grind for the Jack of All Trades trophy is ridiculous. I always tell myself I'll stop going after it so I can just play the way I feel like playing, but then I grind anyway.

The grind for the Jack of All Trades trophy is ridiculous. I always tell myself I'll stop going after it so I can just play the way I feel like playing, but then I grind anyway.

It is, and i took a 2 week break from it all, but I'm *this* close to having my first Platinum, I have to try :)

Cloak, Drone Buddy (Eurgh), Air Support Drone and Resupply to go.

Paertan

Not uncommon that I win with a lot of points but I think this was a record.
Almost 10k more than #2. All categories won by far.
Didn't even use spawn points after we got a 3-0 lead so could propably have gotten 1k points more or something.
Picture taken with a potato since screenshot function does not always work
71iHEfol.jpg

Allforce

I don't know why but I randomly put this game in last week after ignoring it since launch and have been playing multiplayer pretty much every night, lone-wolf style.

If anyone wants to add me up I'll be glad to help out on a team, I seem to do alright score-wise in this game just from doing teamwork like laying spawn beacons and actually capturing points. It seems like 80% of the people who are playing aren't even bothering to do anything but run and gun or snipe, I know with a decent squad I would have way more fun dominating these people.

PSN tag is "AllforcePSN"

bunch of scrubs were talking shit to me cuz they thought I cheat and boost. Next match they were all on the other team, my team won and I went 64-28 against them... that oughta show em
They thought you were cheating, and they were on your team?

I don't think I've ever seen that ;P

But speaking of which, did the flashlight/shotty-pistol glitch ever get fixed? Anything else to watch out for if I'm looking to spend some quality Warzone time in the very near future?

1 down, all 400 cloak kills. Ended up being a lot of fun chasing this one, forced me to think creatively on how to kill peeps. Ended up sneaking in behind the enemy, getting a stealth kill, then taking out about 5 or 8 guys without a single one knowing I was there. Also being a stealthy bastard performing death from above kills and mantling all over the place.

Drone Buddy, Air Support and Ammo Crate to go .....

If someone keeps using my ammo crate over and over, does that count ?

Ilúvatar;104654097 said:
Yes in fact that is the only way to get it because no one will ever use it in game :)

It's because they're so damn small that you can run over them without seeing them. I would use them more if I knew that they were there. Usually it takes my team mate meleeing me in the face right beside it to even know it exists...lol.

mingo

only have 50 or so Ammo crates to supply before i finish unlocking all abilities. Such a grind... the worse was buddy drone. Thank fuck i never have to use that shit again lol.

thenexus6

I just logged on and it said I needed to download free maps in order to play a particular war zone. So you get the two maps for free, but all the other stuff if you have the season pass, or pay for it?

Supply Crate DONE. Dropped one on the floor, stood next to it on Penthouse, people started taking 1 and running off ... then some other dudes caught wind and all bundled up with their own Supply Crates, and we mashed O on each others. Was a glorious sight to see ....

Drone Buddy, Air Support. These are going to be an almighty pain, they normally kill fuck all :(

I know this is gonna seem biased but I don't care, just wanna share some information on my interaction with Guerrilla Games over the last couple of days.

5 days ago I uploaded a youtube video just explaining some of the issues I have with Killzone, with particular mention of the competitive scene and why I don't think it worked. (I'm referring to Clan matches and the league ladder not the Open Challenge weekends.)

3 days later I was contacted via twitter from Samrat Sharma (Senior Online Producer for KZ:SF) wanting to seek further information about my concerns with KZ competitive scene. After a few messages we exchanged emails and he requested an email detailing my thoughts.

Yesterday I sent a very long email detailing my experience and concerns, I honestly thought he/they might just send a standard response back ( like a certain French developer did once by just emailing a link to their FAQ page on their website).

However 5 hours later I received a response from Samrat (whom had also included GG's community manager and community editor into the conversation) with an even more detailed emailing responding to the concerns I had raised and some of the plans which they have in the very near pipeline. I won't go into too much detail with their response because I'll leave to them to make the announcements but if you are interested in the comp scene they confirmed some big changes should be coming soon.

It's just been the best experience I've had with a developer and even though they do have some flaws, it really shows how GG is community focused more than some others out there.

To top it off they and to show their appreciation they even sent me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t544aqEmNLg&wide

Made me laugh and it was a nice gesture.

Just wanted to chime and say I really enjoyed both your "things I like" and "things I hate" video. Spot on stuff, even if you did get seriously nit-picky (and absolutely consciously so) with the way off the map stuff ;P

Nit-picky or not, you could feel the love that went into those videos.

But know this: I'll never look at pillows in that game the same way again. Thank you for that.

Forgive me for I have sinned .....

I used the "Ability boost" Warzone to get the Supply Drop and Drone buddy maxed out (everything else legit).

Didn't see any other way to do these, Drone Buddy doesn't last 2 seconds in normal warzones, and nobody gives a shiet about a Supply Drop.

Drone buddy became quite fun in Ability boost however, funny have people chasing you while your drone fires back at them. Getting in the right positions allowing an almost entire team to be wiped out as they didn't expect it. Still seemed quite competitive as everyone was still fighting to get their abilities up, until everyone left and it was me and 1 guy, and we both agreed to let each others drones kill each other (I was about 57 kills away from 300 kills).

Air Support next, will try for legit, and then I will be done (why did i put myself through this, blergh, first PS4 game i guess, first platinum !).

@KingDoug, that's awesome, always like Guerrilla, ever since the original network tests for K1 on the PS1. Always seemed to engage with the community, and also tech banter. Gotta love em :)

leng jai

Buddy drone is actually pretty useful and much easier to get normally than the air drone. It detects cloaked Scouts, saves you from brutal melee sometimes and gives slightly more DPS.

Top Bottom