• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall Multiplayer Discussion

I still find it hilarious that a team that's doing the spawn camping often actually ends up losing. I mean, how the fuck is that even possible.

Lot of times one side is just busy racking up kills or spawn camp whoring while a few players who do get out of the base go and score the objectives for their team win. Often when one side goes on a spawn camp rampage, they seem to forget about any objectives.

Grinchy

Banned
I think im in the minority. but i dont get as much lag as everyone claims they get.. sure the odd skater but ive noticed nothing 'game breaking'. I also still love this game and find it incredibly fun..

Im sorry to those that aren't experiencing the same.... I just wish we could all draw rainbows and smiles.....

I'll show myself out.

They said they were only having the issue in the US. Are you in the US?

leng jai

Lot of times one side is just busy racking up kills or spawn camp whoring while a few players who do get out of the base go and score the objectives for their team win. Often when one side goes on a spawn camp rampage, they seem to forget about any objectives.

I'm talking about TDM actually :O

They said they were only having the issue in the US. Are you in the US?

No, Bogan Aussie here... I did hear the US is having more problems than others, must suck.

From what everyone is saying the lag comes and goes nearly every 3 days, hope they sought it out soon, though i fear it may be too late, with March Madness on the horizon.

johntown

Banned
No, Bogan Aussie here... I did hear the US is having more problems than others, must suck.

From what everyone is saying the lag comes and goes nearly every 3 days, hope they sought it out soon, though i fear it may be too late, with March Madness on the horizon.
The servers have something to do with it. People with crap connections are the other part.

There are some players that bring lag to a game. I know some and when I see them in a game it is always a lag fest.

They need to make a lag server that measures each players ping and puts all the laggy players in the same game.

Gazkapop

Had been thinking this up as my "deathmatch shooter" alternative to BF4 for a while now so this free weekend is a Godsend. Got the game pre-loaded and ready to go.

Just try not to hurt me too badly guys okay?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Posted this in the other thread, but the game is entirely unplayable right now with the lag. GG has dropped the ball over and over with this game, from top to bottom, very disappointing.

Grinchy

Banned
Posted this in the other thread, but the game is entirely unplayable right now with the lag. GG has dropped the ball over and over with this game, from top to bottom, very disappointing.

At least it was fun to play for 2 days in the past month or so. I hope it works properly for 2 days next month too.

Paertan

I still find it hilarious that a team that's doing the spawn camping often actually ends up losing. I mean, how the fuck is that even possible.

Well if you are being spawncamped you are safe behind a force field. Just go out and make safe kills and go back inside the field. It depends on how close the spawncampers are. A supply crate inside the force field and you can pop out and throw grenades athen go back in and resupply.
Never done it but I always tell my teammates not to go to close to the enemy spawn. Let them come to us!

leng jai

Well if you are being spawncamped you are safe behind a force field. Just go out and make safe kills and go back inside the field. It depends on how close the spawncampers are. A supply crate inside the force field and you can pop out and throw grenades athen go back in and resupply.
Never done it but I always tell my teammates not to go to close to the enemy spawn. Let them come to us!

That's my tactic pretty much, especially in The Park. Ridiculously easy kills with the noon tube as well. I can single handedly take out entire times like that sometimes if they're daft enough.

torontoml

I started up a 24 Man Warzone with the new Maps included, don't know if anyone will join though.
Was just playing in one, don't mind the cruiser, but not a fan of the hangar, felt way to hectic. Though I do prefer classic so maybe I would like it with 16 people.

Regarding that how are they going to insert these maps into the regular rotation of current Warzones? Seeing as you are required to make a 1 Gig download to play them, and I'm sure not everyone will.

Korten

Banned
Was just playing in one, don't mind the cruiser, but not a fan of the hangar, felt way to hectic. Though I do prefer classic so maybe I would like it with 16 people.

Regarding that how are they going to insert these maps into the regular rotation of current Warzones? Seeing as you are required to make a 1 Gig download to play them, and I'm sure not everyone will.

They probably will, also I think the maps do in general seem like they're made for 16 man in mind, not 24.

Grinchy

Banned
The Cruiser is pretty clusterfuckish in a 24 player room. It's fun at the moment since it's new, but I can imagine how annoying it's going to be in the future when people know the map better and spam nothing but shotguns and voltages in the tight corridors.

I haven't gotten to play The Hangar yet in an actual room but I ran around in it. It looks pretty sweet and very sniper-friendly.

As far as lag goes...lag is the reason I had to quit playing for today.

test_account

XP-39C²
This might be old, but i noticed it for the first time today. If you're running low on ammo and someone have placed a supply box somewhere on the map, there is a green indicator on the screen that shows you where a supply box is, similar to showing where an objective is.

EDIT: I really dont understand why they dont make DLC available in all regions at the same time. Right now, i can see that there is a new Warzone with Map Pack 1, and if i try to connect to it, it prompt me with a message that i need to download the maps. Then i can press the square button to go to the store, but then i get "This content cannot be selected at this time.". Its not a huge deal because i know that the maps will be available tomorrow on Wedensday in Europe, but i dont understand why they do it like this. Is it really that hard to make the content available in two regions at the same time? Honest question.

Metfanant

Over/under on how long it takes GG to put the new maps into the official warzones, and/or make a new set of offial warzones with just the new maps?

My guess is they screw it up and they won't figure it out until at least the free play period is up...

The maps should NOT have been released as DLC...since they are free they should have just been a patch...then there is no excuse to not have them

Ilúvatar

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-new-multiplayer-dlc-and-maps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29&utm_content=Netvibes

• The Insurgent – a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
    The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons and abilities from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By Using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
  • 3 New Abilities – The Scout, Support and Assault also get additional abilities
    • E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area
    • Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units
    • Guard Drone – The Assault gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
  • 3 New Weapons – Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
    • M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
    • L512 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch
    • Sta14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
  • New Single Player Elite Mode – The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
    3 lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
  • New Online Collectibles Mode – Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards
    A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
  • Insurgent Personalisation Pack –
    • 1 OWL Skin
    • 3 Spotlight Moves
    • 1 Voice Over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices
  • New Challenges and Trophies
    All this content comes with its own set of Challenges and Trophies to unlock. Trophy details will be released soon.

torontoml

Don't think I will be playing this enough in April to justify me paying $10 for that pack, with infamous coming in a few weeks.

Dibbz

Expansion sounds very cool but I'm surprised that they are branching off abilities. Saying that those new abilities are hardly match winners. Hopefully I can get myself a new monitor so I can start playing some KZ before MGS hits.

M82 is going to be sex. Wonder how it will be handled. All classes? Surely not. In an ideal world it would only be available to people using Support + Spawns. Wonder what it will sound like. KZ2 was awesome but then KZ3's sounds were really beefy. I'm intrigued. The old school weapons hopefully all sound really gruff in comparison to their Shadow Fall counter parts.

didn't even noticed there's new maps. played with a guy with 1400 games of MP. jesus, i'm not even at 400 and i'm already burned out.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Played for a bit today, lag has been ironed out. At this point I'm trying to just grab the plat and get it over with though.

leng jai

Incredibly daft decision to make the map release region specific. Getting kicked every second map rotation because I don't have the new ones.

Metfanant

Incredibly daft decision to make the map release region specific. Getting kicked every second map rotation because I don't have the new ones.

releasing the maps as a patch instead of DLC would have solved all of the problems related to the maps...

Edit: i have not played today...but as of last night the new maps were not available in the "official" warzones? has that been fixed yet?? are they in the 24p TDM warzone??

Darien

releasing the maps as a patch instead of DLC would have solved all of the problems related to the maps...

Edit: i have not played today...but as of last night the new maps were not available in the "official" warzones? has that been fixed yet?? are they in the 24p TDM warzone??

New maps are now available in all official warzones (TDM, 24, Classis and Extended).

HUZZAH, new maps available for the bros and bogans of Australia, here I come!!

EDIT: love both maps. Won first game on hanger with the help if johansf. The other team quit so we were alone on the cruiser. Just spent 5mins exploring and watching the background spaceship battle. It was awesome.

Mine still keeps saying that the content cannot be selected at this time..

Yeah it's stupid that you cant download it through the game

You need to go tot the PSN store,. select GAMES>ALL PS3 & PS4> Change order to newest to oldest, it's in the 2nd or 3rd row to download.

Hey, just saw this

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-drops-new-weapons-and-modes-in-april-dlc/

Joystiq said:
Killzone: Shadow Fall's first multiplayer expansion will launch in April with new weapons, abilities and game modes for the PS4 launch game. Titled "The Insurgent Pack," the expansion is headlined by the addition of the insurgent character class, which features hack and steal abilities. The assault, scout and support classes will also receive new abilities: Assault characters will gain access to a guard drone, scout players get an e-pulse emitter and support characters can send out a tactical echo emitter to stall infiltrating enemies.

Insurgent Pack owners will also receive a single-player "elite mode," limiting them to three lives on hard difficulty in the Shadow Fall campaign, in addition to collectible crates that will spawn once per online match for a limited time. The DLC also includes the M82 assault rifle from Killzone 2 and Killzone 3, as well as the L512 SMG Pistol and Sta14 sniper rifle.

Lastly, Sony announced that two of the free multiplayer maps for the game are now available to play on PSN. They arrive jsut as the game's multiplayer mode becomes free this week.

They probably didn't want to create huge patches when large portion of the people who bought the game don't even touch MP. The maps are 1.2gb alone, ontop of the patch files for the game. They would be forcing many people into large downloads who don't want it.

Metfanant

They probably didn't want to create huge patches when large portion of the people who bought the game don't even touch MP. The maps are 1.2gb alone, ontop of the patch files for the game. They would be forcing many people into large downloads who don't want it.

understood...but the whole point of making the maps free (according to GG) was to not split the community between those that have the maps, and those that dont...including the maps as a patch guarantees that all have them...releasing them as DLC you will still have some that dont know/dont bother to download...

and in a game with a player count as low as Shadow Fall...every player counts...

sjackson12

Neo Member
understood...but the whole point of making the maps free (according to GG) was to not split the community between those that have the maps, and those that dont...including the maps as a patch guarantees that all have them...releasing them as DLC you will still have some that dont know/dont bother to download...

and in a game with a player count as low as Shadow Fall...every player counts...

They're not allowed to release DLC within a patch due to some restriction by Sony.

T-0800

But you need the new maps to play online anyway. So everyone who plays online has to have them.

Top Bottom