• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think other players hear the same thing that Sona is hearing either, since if you opt out and then opt back in to listening, the song starts from the beginning.

I think.

B-zQA5JXIAAHKPw.jpg:large

drawkcaB

whelp alright dude

For the record it isn't just the whole jungle stuff. It's a mish mash of all sorts of things happening all around me: work, kids, keeping up the house, other games and hobbies, etc. That said, playing a game where I enjoy two roles in particular (jung and supp) and one of those roles has been taken into directions I don't agree with going on over two years now doesn't exactly entice me to go on.

garath

For the record it isn't just the whole jungle stuff. It's a mish mash of all sorts of things happening all around me: work, kids, keeping up the house, other games and hobbies, etc. That said, playing a game where I enjoy two roles in particular (jung and supp) and one of those roles has been taken into directions I don't agree with going on over two years now doesn't exactly entice me to go on.

I'd still like a chance to get to play with you (difficult with the kids, I know!). You're on NA right?

Lately I've gotten approximately one league game per night around 6:15est right after we've put the baby down for bed. It's my designated game time and she gets a little bonding time with our other son. So far so good. Sucks to be limited but nice to be able to play more consistently. I had REALLY gotten bad at the game in my 6 months off lol. Coming back little by little.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
idk how you guys mess up build paths all the time but there is no reason to max e on vi before any other ability. Q and W both have very high gains on level up. The difference between level one E and level five E is 60 damage. This stuff isn't hard. If you neglect to level up W you hurt your objective control.

bokn

Banned
What exactly has Riot done to supports in the past 2 years besides nerfing what was completely out of line?
Succeeded in the vision rework and creating 3 divergent and viable support item chains?

Pls stop baiting me

And Nah that akali splash is amazing

Succeeded in the vision rework and creating 3 divergent and viable support item chains?

Pls stop baiting me
I meant in a bad way. What's there to be unhappy about, besides balance woes support as a role is probably the healthiest in the game.

Leezard

I'm happy that nami has terrible wave clear, so the possibility of going into solo lanes like lulu in a serious game is near non-existent.
It keeps nerfs away.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm happy that nami has terrible wave clear, so the possibility of going into solo lanes like lulu in a serious game is near non-existent.

It's ok, Riot will still find new and innovative ways to nerf her.

garath

idk how you guys mess up build paths all the time but there is no reason to max e on vi before any other ability. Q and W both have very high gains on level up. The difference between level one E and level five E is 60 damage. This stuff isn't hard. If you neglect to level up W you hurt your objective control.

Recharge time goes down too. Not just the 60 damage. Could be 120 if you have an extra charge which is about the same as the 6% bonus damage from the W proc on a 2000hp target.

I can see W over E as a second ability but there's not a single pro that levels W second. They're all pretty consistent Q->E->W. Not to say they aren't fallible but collectively that's how it's done. Vi really doesn't have issues securing objectives without leveling W.

That said, it's more than viable.

Jeff-DSA

I have heard it said that her kiting is worse now due to the delay change. Maybe no longer a #1 choice for boosters?

It hurt her, yes, but I had the pleasure of running into a booster using her last night anyway. Yes, she still had a perfect KDA.

Recharge time goes down too. Not just the 60 damage. Could be 120 if you have an extra charge which is about the same as the 6% bonus damage from the W proc on a 2000hp target.

I can see W over E as a second ability but there's not a single pro that levels W second. They're all pretty consistent Q->E->W. Not to say they aren't fallible but collectively that's how it's done. Vi really doesn't have issues securing objectives without leveling W.

That said, it's more than viable.
It goes down by mere 6 seconds with ranks and the charge time is affected by CDR which you are already getting in the first place. Also if you have an extra charge you're getting 2 W procs not one, so that's 12% bonus damage and that's not counting the extra DPS from the attack speed which means more W procs and more damage. Looking at probuilds I can't see a single pro going QE instead of QW.

Sure it's not unviable but there's not a single tangible advantage. You are doing nothing but handicapping yourself with less damage so you can kill small chickens in one E.

EDIT - Actually, Nightblue goes QE. In which case I rest my case.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why did you make me look up CLG vs. Gravity to call you a liar?

Another game of Vi maxing W second for Impulse vs. Coast.

And another for Winterfox vs. Impact.

You are literally making stuff up and spreading lies and false information.

bokn

Banned
Cool ty. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm a later pick.

Also, is top Jayce/Quinn viable anymore? I see a lot of their natural counters are pretty popular right now. Champs like Irela in particular used to keep me up at night and she's pretty much a staple now.

Newt

Cool ty. I'll try to keep that in mind when I'm a later pick.

Also, is top Jayce/Quinn viable anymore? I see a lot of their natural counters are pretty popular right now. Champs like Irela in particular used to keep me up at night and she's pretty much a staple now.
Yeah, they're both viable. Need you know the damage they do to play either of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom