• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Assassins huh. Calling Lee Sins and J4 assassins.That's a good one.

They should call them Idoeverythingsins.

The nerf to Veigar's E was pretty noticeable, but I think the Q change is alright. It lets him farm his Q and harass at the same time.

zkylon

zkylewd
The thing is that if you kill camps faster you take less damage. Assassins that deal large amounts of damage can thus have healthy clears.

I think it is a bit ridiculous with all the whining from junglers about how the jungle is nerfed while they still are the most influential role and do not have a lane opponent.

Edit: that said, more jungle diversity would be a good thing.
yeah, i think people are being pretty counterproductive to these issues being fixed

what i guess has been proved with this whole experiment is that the jungle wasn't simply a matter of systems like rito hoped

Assassins huh. Calling Lee Sins and J4 assassins.That's a good one.

They should call them Idoeverythingsins.
well they're essentially played like assassins, at least in the early game. beefy assassins

Blizzard

Banned
The nerf to Veigar's E was pretty noticeable, but I think the Q change is alright. It lets him farm his Q and harass at the same time.
I don't think anyone is saying the Q change is bad in lane, though it adds another element of uncertainty to pulling off a combo in a hectic teamfight. Some champions have lots of mobility, jumps, blinks, etc.

What I was talking about was the R numbers post-DFG, since in theory Riot looked at Veigar and Mordekaiser precisely because of DFG. Thus my math post.

bokn

Banned
Nah the Q change is terrible for laning

But worst of all is the new stun. Completely unrewarding and God forbid somebody jumps you

His kit was designed around his powerful stun

Now they made it unreliable and he's nothing but a low mobility High skillshot champion with 850 range. Practically a worser version of brand really.

His E definitely needs to provide a reward during its deadtime to give him the ability to defend himself and actually be able to land his w

bokn

Banned
Why do you feel this way? It can get 2 minions instead of 1 (unlike say, trying to CS with Karma's Q) and the hitbox is very forgiving.

You might get an extra minion every wave or something.

That's really not that much bonus Ap through laning phase.

The problem now is that you have 0 ways to trade with champions because your W and E are so unreliable and your Q can be avoided by sitting behind some minions or simply dodged

The cooldown got raised too making your downtime during lane higher if you do choose to farm with it and then proceed to get zoned

RIP veigar and kassadin. I'm lucky I don't play jungle tho.

Blizzard

Banned
You might get an extra minion every wave or something.

That's really not that much bonus Ap through laning phase.

The problem now is that you have 0 ways to trade with champions because your W and E are so unreliable and your Q can be avoided by sitting behind some minions or simply dodged

The cooldown got raised too making your downtime during lane higher if you do choose to farm with it and then proceed to get zoned

RIP veigar and kassadin. I'm lucky I don't play jungle tho.
Hmm, thanks. Maybe you are right when you put it that way.

reddit went insane today with jungle woes

i can sympathize but it's kind of ridiculous how all of s3/4 a lot of people were asking for season 2-like harder jungle clears and now they want the easy s4 jungle to come back

i think in the end rito should probably do something in between, buff/mini-rework a whole bunch of champions into modern relevancy and maybe make the jungle a bit easier, make camps deal less damage or something so that ppl that take longer to kill em at least runs around with some health

it's conceptually crazy that tanks get destroyed by the jungle while assassins clear it so quick. it sounds like it should be the other way around, right?
At this point I don't think people will be satisfied until Riot just reboots the jungle into the S4 one.

zkylon

zkylewd
At this point I don't think people will be satisfied until Riot just reboots the jungle into the S4 one.

i don't think that's necessary

i think the multiple smites thing is a neat idea and the enchantments thing i think was well regarded by players as there was all the rave for enchantments for sighstones too. the smite buffs are kind of interesting, at least people seem to appreciate the wraiths buff

i still don't get why rito raised the cost of the machete upgrades, that sounds like the main culprit of much of ppl's upsetness

Kenai

When you get Nidalee in ARAM and briefly know what it feels like to be the most hated person alive.

Not gonna lie, I get a guilty pleasure out of autobanning Nidalee. No one can really play her well at my elo but it's such a joy to bring Nidalee players misery that it's worth whatever Q_Q from my team.

I sort of feel that way about Lee Sin too but I'm trying to channel my hatred into one champ at a time.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah it's like suddenly everyone's a veigar and a kassadin main

i wish there was a way to remove everything on reddit but the videos

anyways i really liked the little zilean i played today. i think you can now skip tear and go for mikaels like any other mana-hungry support

yeah it's like suddenly everyone's a veigar and a kassadin main

i wish there was a way to remove everything on reddit but the videos

anyways i really liked the little zilean i played today. i think you can now skip tear and go for mikaels like any other mana-hungry support
Reddit is filled with nothing but hubris right now, it's hilarious

JUNGLE VARIETY IS DEAD
KASSADIN IS DEAD
VEIGAR IS DEAD
EVERYTHING IS UNPLAYABLE

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jungle is pretty hard to balance when you think about it. Why would anyone want a Nautilus or Rammus (CC heavy tanks) when they could just have Jarvan or VI (CC heavy tanks and high damage). If you try to buff the tanks you get a Maokai situation where they just move to the top lane. They probably need to add or tweak the jungle items or just give the tanks neutral monster specific damage.

Reddit is filled with nothing but hubris right now, it's hilarious

JUNGLE VARIETY IS DEAD
KASSADIN IS DEAD
VEIGAR IS DEAD
EVERYTHING IS UNPLAYABLE

#RedditKnowsBalance

garath

So jungle guys.. what's your favorite junglers lately? I've been on a Nidalee kick lately but when she's banned I sometimes wonder what to pick.

In terms of strength and fun to play I've been doing - Nidalee, Sejuani, Vi (though I'm a little bored of her). Nidalee is my new hotness though I think she's tier 1.5 at best as a jungler. Probably more Tier 2. Vi is Vi. Sejuani is secret OP still.

I'm seeing more Rek'sai, looks like she's survived the nerfs and is still solo queue viable. I personally hate playing Lee Sin and J4 so won't touch them. I still think Pantheon is really strong but I've way over played him. Nightblue loves Wukong but he never really clicked for me. I do okay at best.

Who else have you guys been enjoying? I used to have fun with Malphite and Jax jungle but I think they may not fit too well in the current.

Nev

Banned
These people crying at Reddit are so pathetic. They cry because Kassadin and Veigar are "unplayable". The only thing Riot did, especially in Veigar's case, was reducing his extreme toxicity by making his poisonous piece of shit spells have some kind of minimal counterplay. Fucking dumbasses are just mad they can't climb the lower ladders with no skill mechanics like an instastun followed by 1500 targeted damage.
And in regards to Kassadin, they didn't nerf him enough. I say either completely rework that kit or remove him from the game altogether.

Good job this time Rito. Now if only they nerfed J4 and Vi to oblivion they would be on a streak after giving Fizz what he deserved.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So jungle guys.. what's your favorite junglers lately? I've been on a Nidalee kick lately but when she's banned I sometimes wonder what to pick.

In terms of strength and fun to play I've been doing - Nidalee, Sejuani, Vi (though I'm a little bored of her). Nidalee is my new hotness though I think she's tier 1.5 at best as a jungler. Probably more Tier 2. Vi is Vi. Sejuani is secret OP still.

I'm seeing more Rek'sai, looks like she's survived the nerfs and is still solo queue viable. I personally hate playing Lee Sin and J4 so won't touch them. I still think Pantheon is really strong but I've way over played him. Nightblue loves Wukong but he never really clicked for me. I do okay at best.

Who else have you guys been enjoying? I used to have fun with Malphite and Jax jungle but I think they may not fit too well in the current.
Volibear isn't top tier but he's still pretty fun. Middling clears but good ganks and solid objective control.

Einbroch

Banned
Holy shit Nightblue is cracking on stream. He's mass banning anyone that mentions QT, no matter what they say.

Dude is just upset that QT quit LCS and in two months has overtaken him as the number one streamer.

Newt

Holy shit Nightblue is cracking on stream. He's mass banning anyone that mentions QT, no matter what they say.

Dude is just upset that QT quit LCS and in two months has overtaken him as the number one streamer.
I feel so bad for the poor guy. What a rough life he has.

I was running out of time for my promo matches so I decided to actually play ranked today. My Lux bought a book. Xin Zhao bought the red jungle thing. Me and Wukong 2v5 penta'd the enemy team at dragon. It was pretty fun, and I got to move up two divisions. Now I can forget about ranked again for 20 days.
I remember once playing a match where Ghost hit a 5 man Braun ult and Rumble followed up with another 5 man ult. That's one way to instantly lose a game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Good, he should be upset. QTpie's stream is so chill and he never bitches about teammates or complains about losing, he always seems like he is having fun. In contrast, guys like NightBlu, WingsofDeath, and (not anymore but still) Ocelote always blame teammates and just rage and get upset. Which leads to them trying to argue with Twitch chat...

These days I just prefer to watch QT, Doublelift, Aphromoo, and the Oddone for League stuff. Everyone else is either shouting at the top of their lungs (Trick). Or acting like petulant children (NB).

Double's stream improved a lot lately.

semttulovvuvi.png

THE SALT

MY SIDES

Einbroch

Banned
NB3 is going sub-mode only.

Only toxic people need to go sub-mode only. Sodapoppin is mad salty and he had to turn on submode.

Enjoy your viewership tanking, I guess.

Talents

Banned
NB3 is going sub-mode only.

Only toxic people need to go sub-mode only. Sodapoppin is mad salty and he had to turn on submode.

Enjoy your viewership tanking, I guess.

Soda used to be such a fun streamer to watch, but lately he's gotten way too serious about stuff.

Pancakes

These guys just need to embrace the epic memers man.

Sande

Old Veigar E had to go. 900 range instastun (as a part of a huge aoe stun / denial) was just ridiculous. Now you're actually mean to trap enemies in the circle which I'd assume was always supposed to be the point. I can't really comment his overall balance but the new E is definitely a step in the right direction.

Newt

Old Veigar E had to go. 900 range instastun (as a part of a huge aoe stun / denial) was just ridiculous. Now you're actually mean to trap enemies in the circle which I'd assume was always supposed to be the point. I can't really comment his overall balance but the new E is definitely a step in the right direction.
It's not that he was really that strong, it was just a toxic kit that needed to be reworked.

Edwardo

I've been going with Vi and Rengar this season. I'd say I'm comfortable with Kha'Zix too. Oh and Pantheon as well.

Tizoc

If you don't mind me asking, but what's the deal with Nightblue and QT?

Pancakes

If you don't mind me asking, but what's the deal with Nightblue and QT?

QT constantly gets 20-35k+ viewers whenever he streams. Nightblue only gets like 10-20k now. Nightblue used to get numbers like that but people have been slowly getting tired of his stream and have been moving on to other streamers like QT. it's not like his stream isn't making him money or anything but he just can't handle criticism at all it seems. Anyone who goes against his circlejerk is automatically a toxic troll.

drawkcaB

Xin, Skarner, Hecarim, Nautilus, Sejuani, Sion. I'd like to play Vi because I enjoy the champion but at the same time I don't like playing OP champions.

i think the multiple smites thing is a neat idea

It's fucking stupid and all it's done so far is warp champion balance. Riot has never been able to balance multiple choice paths.

I'm the closest I've ever been to no longer playing this game.

QT also "trolls" NB from time to time by doing stuff like picking Urgot and fountain shenanigans and that pisses him off to no end.

Pancakes

Riot can still salvage the jungle but there needs to be some drastic changes imo. When Stonewall and Foxdrop start saying the jungle is in a bad spot, you know something isn't right. It's not the end of the world like Reddit claims but Riot needs to act.

Xin, Skarner, Hecarim, Nautilus, Sejuani, Sion. I'd like to play Vi because I enjoy the champion but at the same time I don't like playing OP champions.

Wut.

Edit, this was pretty funny. Thanks Nvidia for making this meme.

: SHOCKING interview with League of Legends developer on patch 5.4

Bacon

Something definitely isn't clicking for me in the jungle this season and I can't really put my finger on what it is. Jungle was my most played position by a mile last season but this season I find myself wanting to play anything but it.

drawkcaB

Riot can still salvage the jungle but there needs to be some drastic changes imo. When Stonewall and Foxdrop start saying the jungle is in a bad spot, you know something isn't right. It's not the end of the world like Reddit claims but Riot needs to act.

First thing Riot can do IMO is balance out the impact of Warrior's/bonus AD has on clearing the jungle. For three seasons now AD junglers have largely been the top dogs and a big reason for that is that AAs and a massive chunk of the damage. Giving small AA boosts to the other three enchants (e.g. Magus deals 0.15AP bonus magic damage on AAs done monsters) would go a long way.

Dunno how to explain it. I just don't like playing champions that see LCS play. Like, I see them enough on streams, videos, etc. I have no inclination to play them myself. Come to think of it that's probably a big reason I no longer watch competitive matches. Well, that and they're boring as dirt.

Bacon said:
Something definitely isn't clicking for me in the jungle this season and I can't really put my finger on what it is.

For me it's that the risks and rewards are out of sync. There was a time in S4 where something stupid like 12 of the 20 highest win rate champions in solo queue were junglers. At the time I argued that nerfs were necessary because junglers weren't exposed to the same risks as the solo laners and so shouldn't have the same carry frequencyl. S5 feels like the opposite to me. The risks, difficulty, and...I suppose frustrations and I go through aren't commensurate to the rewards I get. I'm routinely 2+ levels behind the solo laners in the mid-game even when I play well. I've won games out of the jungle that have actually gone well and it still felt like a soul sucking experience.

garath

It's fucking stupid and all it's done so far is warp champion balance. Riot has never been able to balance multiple choice paths.

I'm the closest I've ever been to no longer playing this game.

Hmm.. Xin might be fun again. I used to love him.

I like the concept of multiple smites but as you pointed out, it's usually just a case of a best one over the others.

drawkcaB

Hmm.. Xin might be fun again. I used to love him.

Warrior->Phage or, my preferred item path when I can swing it, Youmuu's->Juggernaut. Just be aware that the knock-up on Q is bugged.

I like the concept of multiple smites but as you pointed out, it's usually just a case of a best one over the others.

There used to be legitimate cases to pick heavy CC junglers like Nautilus, Sejuani, or Rammus as opposed Lee Sin, etc. when your own laners picked high damage but low gank potential laners like Nid, Kat, etc. There's no reason to do that now. And on the flip side, skirmisher's isn't helping those junglers put out that much more damage...

Jesus, S5 jungle is making me bitch more than I'm comfortable with. Seems like it's all I do. Yes I'm aware that I'm bitching about how much I'm bitching.

Jeff-DSA

I've lost 7 ranked games in a row. That's a kick to the nuts, teeth, backside, throat, ear, ribs, and back to the nuts one more time. I have to get back on a winning streak for my sanity.

So Vlad seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Are there any real tricks to playing him up top? I have to improve my top play, and I think my biggest issue is that I have a bad champ pool that I use. I'm going to expand it, and I've been looking at Vlad a bit.

Tizoc

I've lost 7 ranked games in a row. That's a kick to the nuts, teeth, backside, throat, ear, ribs, and back to the nuts one more time. I have to get back on a winning streak for my sanity.

So Vlad seems to be making a bit of a comeback. Are there any real tricks to playing him up top? I have to improve my top play, and I think my biggest issue is that I have a bad champ pool that I use. I'm going to expand it, and I've been looking at Vlad a bit.

Vlad can be a good harassing champ, that or I have very little knowledge how to counter the pretty bastard.

Prioritize using your Q to harass instead of farming every single time it's off CD, if you're not against something that will destroy you if you get too close, you can sit on your minions and mash Q. His autos are kinda bad so get used to last hitting with them.

For all that it's holy don't build stuff like Warmogs.

Negaduck

Volibear all day.

I actually really like nocturne too for some reason. More designwise than how he plays. Just looks cool.

Might learn vi. Do love a bionic arm.

But volibear is that dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom