• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought threash a little back and want to start getting better with him. Which is better as a starting support item coin or relic shield?
Also any threash tips would be welcomed.

drawkcaB

Relic Shield. Avoid Coin if you can on supports since it doesn't provide any tangible combat stats. If you think your team could really benefit more from Talisman of Ascension (coin's final upgrade) than Face of the Mountain then just sit on Relic Shield/Targon's Brace and sell that item at a later time, like once laning is more or less done.

Main Thresh tip would be to think before following a landed Q - you will make your carry unhappy if you bait him in to an awful trade or feed a kill with a bad follow. Other tips would be to practice with your E till you are comfortable with it - it's a fiddly skill that is very powerful when used at its maximum range, especially in combination with Flash (this is your guaranteed set up for your jungler when he ganks - Flash Flay, Lantern if necessary, then Death Sentence/Box once they're slowed). When you're sieging try to hang towards the back (if not searching for a hook) so you can lantern anyone who gets caught to safety. Remember to pick up souls and bring sustain to lane since you don't have any of your own.

Relic Shield is always better than Coin for laning phase, as above - shared regen is amazing since your carry will only come to lane with one potion, and Health >>> Mana Regen for early stats.

Thresh that flay forward are the worst I still don't ever get it unless they are doing it when like Leo/Hec/Voli/Xin etc... engage on your carriers.

But a simple thing I learn from watching Aphro's stream was. Sometimes you can see really obvious what minion the other ADC is going to last hit next. Walk up to that minion he/she is about to kill then right when it dies backward flay into hook (you shouldn't mix now because A) that minion that was in your way is now dead and B) you just flayed him so he's point blank because the flay should push him into you. into death / box (if post 6).

How am I supposed to build Kha'zix? I feel so useless now

Hydra/Cleaver/LastWshiper for the three offensive items. GA/Raindun/Banshee are usually the go to defensive item depending on what you need. Occasionally hexdrinker/Mal if really needed.

Boots can be anything from mobi/mercs/ninja/CDR.

Vel'Koz is fun. EQWR *dead* lol

His closest Smite counterpart (Anubis) has immunity on his ult though, so I was shocked that Vel'Koz can have his ult interrupted.

Vel'Koz is fun. EQWR *dead* lol

His closest Smite counterpart (Anubis) has immunity on his ult though, so I was shocked that Vel'Koz can have his ult interrupted.
I Nami wave'd him out of ulti before, which was a pleasant surprise.

And tonight I finally turned level 30, but I'm still terrible, ha.

Perfect time to jump straight into ranked!

Did that in Season 3 and it put me into Silver 1.... I didn't belong there. I had a lucky provisional set.

Anyways just had the absolute worst game turn into the best game.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1795439892/204920787?tab=overview

Hecarim didn't connect so they had a 4v5 with Nasus free farming all the way up to 400 stacks. I had 2 all in bot lane where their support live with 2hp, and 15hp.

Couldn't ask for a worst start....but thanks to their terrible builds, Cait sitting on an avarice blade for like 20+ minutes, Zed winning mid, Udyr playing smart, and me going full bunny fufu hitting like god damn 80% of my hooks with 40% CDR and of course Hecarim finally connected... we pulled it out.

Jeff-DSA

I can't tell you guys how badly I needed this win. We were getting crushed early. My support gave up first blood in under a minute in lane and it was rough going early. We were so far down that people kept calling GG and wanting to quit. But Jinx is kinda broken and it was really no doubt since they too Miss Fortune. Their Sona hit like a truck, but I probably have never positioned so well as I did in that game. Feels good, man.

GJhzWyW.png

Also that game made me finally realize how absurdly strong blitzkrieging/sieging is in low elo. Our other lanes were getting dunked early game, I took bot tower ASAP and sieged mid while our Rumble caught up in farm. Drew 4 of the other team's attention just chucking missiles and taking shots at the turret. Completely took over the game.

All about that momentum. As the jungler that is precisely what I want to do. Take your lane turret and then siege the next lane. An ADC who does what you do is makes you a huge pain to the enemy jungler. They have to come deal with you otherwise it's a 1v3 lane.

Nopren

After having fun with Amumu in URF, I wanted to try jungling with him. But me only being level 23, I took him into a solo custom game and tried a jungle clear.
I made it to level 6 and with cinderhulk and Ninja Tabi purchased in about 10 minutes.
Is that completely hopeless to take into a normal game?

Talents

Banned
Yeah I've never liked Ahri even though I main mid lane. Played like every single mid champion but Ahri is like the most boring to me. Even when I get insanely fed on her she just doesn't feel fun.

Personally my favorite mid champions are Xerath, Yasuo, and Viktor.

Leezard

I got in a game with sub-level 30s again.

I was only in queue for 10 minutes, usually this happens when I am in queue for 15 minutes :(

I can't tell you guys how badly I needed this win. We were getting crushed early. My support gave up first blood in under a minute in lane and it was rough going early. We were so far down that people kept calling GG and wanting to quit. But Jinx is kinda broken and it was really no doubt since they too Miss Fortune. Their Sona hit like a truck, but I probably have never positioned so well as I did in that game. Feels good, man.

GJhzWyW.png

Silver 5 is the most stressful shit ever because you're so close to bronze
I know your pain

Jeff-DSA

I dig the reminder of when QT is streaming. I'm at work, and check the thread here and there. I generally click through and watch.

That Baron sequence was pretty funny.

Jeff-DSA

Miss Fortune is pure trash now. She can't do anything worth validating a pick. Now I go Jinx, Graves, or Lucian or I avoid ADC. I should get familiar with Sivir again. I used to do well with her, but haven't played her in a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom