• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Make champs 10x more expensive in IP. I don't care, I just want to be able to play my characters to their full potential without having to grind for years.

Shit, make the champs unbuyable with IP, I seriously couldn't care less.
I've probably made like 10k-12k IP in the past few weeks.

I've probably made like 10k-12k IP in the past few weeks.

I don't have time to play hours each week. Pretty sure I'm not alone either.

Basically this means, that you either play like a madman to be able to afford the runes you need, or if you just play casually every once in a while, you'll never be able to play your characters properly. I just don't understand why it couldnt be free for everyone.

jerd

Basically this means, that you either play like a madman to be able to afford the runes you need, or if you just play casually every once in a while, you'll never be able to play your characters properly. I just don't understand why it couldnt be free for everyone.

Don't get me wrong, the system is shit, but it is really unlikely while leveling to 30 and playing norms, prepping for ranked, and even into bronze and silver that you will lose your lane because you had a subpar rune setup. Get a standard ad page and a standard ap page, and if you're feeling frisky a support or tank page and work from there. It is far from ideal but tweaking runes is kind of a weird thing that you'll most likely do just to try to get an extra edge with a specific champion or something. It is absolutely not like you can't play your champ properly without a very specific rune page. There isn't a single champ in the game that needs a specific page.

jerd

Apparently right now on PBE Ashe can only "crit" when her passive slow is applied, which morgana's black shield will prevent, so black shield essentially prevents ashe from critting while it is active

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

There was just a weekend event where it was easy to earn thousands of IP. Setting up basic rune pages should not be that tall of a mountain...
Why is this impressive?

Jeff-DSA

cmon the 10 runaans bolts is pretty cool

It is pretty cool looking, but a Shiv would have already cleared the lane by the end of the clip, I think. Shiv/Hurricane would be a fun video to see.

Wait, she can only crit while the slow is active? Her wave clear will suck if that's the case.

TomShoe

Banned
cmon the 10 runaans bolts is pretty cool

I imagine playing against Ashe must be like this:

300arrows.jpg

EDIT: Shit son, I just realized. Just buy Shiv along with Runaan's and anything else that build crit chance and she could be beastly, since Shiv would charge extremely fast, and all of those bolts can crit.

jerd

It is pretty cool looking, but a Shiv would have already cleared the lane by the end of the clip, I think. Shiv/Hurricane would be a fun video to see.

Wait, she can only crit while the slow is active? Her wave clear will suck if that's the case.

Her crits are weird but yeah.

Video def only looks cool though. I wish they had built damage instead of all that armor but whatever.

I wonder if Ashe's itemization will change considering her use for crit chance is completely different.
Not exactly. Ashe doesn't have a chance to crit, she always crits as long as the target is affected by her passive. Crit chance changes the damage her crits do instead.

Volley still applies her slow so you can throw it and crit an entire wave. If you have Shiv you get guaranteed Shiv crits every single time.

Yeah, Runaans only looks cool, it doesn't apply her passive damage so it's pointless

I'm trying to think of different builds. PD gives her 52.5 bonus damage per 100 AD so I wonder if there's anything that can beat that power spike but it's tough

Jeff-DSA

I've got it

Ie-greaves-shiv-runaans-frozen mallet-wits end

You monster.

So I guess the patch went through, huh? I guess that means the Jinx nerf is live. She was my go to lately for ADC. She probably still will be, but man, it hurts when the tank or jungler get up on you and they have no fear of your ult anymore.

TomShoe

Banned
Let's try again

IE -> Greaves -> Ghostblade -> Shiv -> PD -> GA -> Sell Boots -> LW/Bork -> Beserk Pots ad infinitum

I chose Ghostblade over TF for a cheaper and quicker power spike, but I dunno whether to use Bork or PD in the 5th slot because I dunno how much DPS ashe would do with her bonus crit. The shred in Bork could be more useful if you're hitting a tank and not a squishy.

Which I'm doing like 8/10 times because any time I get close Irelia hops on my nuts

Jeff-DSA

Let's try again

IE -> Greaves -> Ghostblade -> Shiv -> PD -> GA -> Sell Boots -> LW/Bork -> Beserk Pots ad infinitum

I chose Ghostblade over TF for a cheaper and quicker power spike, but I dunno whether to use Bork or PD in the 5th slot because I dunno how much DPS ashe would do with her bonus crit. The shred in Bork could be more useful if you're hitting a tank and not a squishy.

Which I'm doing like 8/10 times because any time I get close Irelia hops on my nuts

PD should be coming after your IE and boots.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think league had been moving in this direction for a while now. Solo carrying has been nerfed quite a lot. The current meta does require much more team work than say season 3. Split pushing is more difficult to do and more of a team effort than before.
yeah, i didn't mean to say they haven't, just like it should be a goal of theirs

i feel like smart pings and the buff timers were a really good step in that direction as communication helping tools, and just how the meta has changed it's become a lot about teamfighting right now which i can appreciate, in spite of its other problems

i think split pushing is a good idea, but i like the idea of splitpushing but i never felt you could coordinate it well, specially with strangers. i like the idea of buying items for that and tp meta being more open about when you can splitpush, etc.

similarly with devourer, a lot of people want devourer to be a thing but imo it's not really too interesting as it doesn't really promote pvp which is where the interesting stuff comes from. in theory it could be really cool to build a comp around your jungler powerfarming while you play really safe lanes that can survive 4v5 until yi kills everyone (or whatever) but it never really turns out like that

I used to build Eleisa's Miracle on my healing fountain Soraka in ARAM.
haha i think i never once bought that item

Haha! I was thinking the same thing, I want to buy the skin just for the wiggle and I don't even play lux :D
lol

So, today I learned that Bard ult counters Wukong ult.. On paper it should make Fiddlesticks and Kennen useless as well? All very ult reliant champs that Bard completely shuts down.
hmm it's not the same cos wukong's ult is not a channel. tho i think anivia's is, and it gets interrupted by cc. it's weird, some things are inconsistent like that

also yesterday i learned that you can't spellshield your own bard's ult, which i guess makes sense since it says "enemy spells" but it got me killed so F U RITO haha

Thank you
when will ppl learn :T

zky where's the Chibiusa Lux fanart

Chop chop

star_guardian_lux_fan_art_by_hamzilla15-d8rha22.jpg

nothing on pixiv yet tho

I think new Ryze is going to be pretty weak

Which means he's gonna be a god so look out everybody

Edit: nvm his passive has like no down time. Luckily he's infinitely more interesting to play now, albeit still super simple
i think he's gonna be pretty ok but i'm historically terrible at predicting these things so... lol

at least he sounds more interesting

meant it in terms of joyous but w/e

right..

Aight, those Lux animations are great.

Skin redeemed.
there was nothing to redeem you monster

Make champs 10x more expensive in IP. I don't care, I just want to be able to play my characters to their full potential without having to grind for years.

Shit, make the champs unbuyable with IP, I seriously couldn't care less.
hmm while i think you have a point of runes being too expensive, you're kind of exaggerating on how long it takes

like you can buy a basic runepage for ad and ap and be "fairly ok" and it won't take all that long

3000 ap quints
3000 as quints
1800 ad marks
3600 mpen marks
7300 hp seals (this are really bullshitty but you can get the slightly inferior armor seals for 1800, or hp/lvl at 3600)
1800 mr glyphs

that's about 20k, tho you can go like 14k if you get armor seals, which honestly aren't too bad, even for mid.

it's a pretty big amount but it shouldn't take you "years"

like literally i've been playing for 3~ years, i don't really play much ranked or play more than a few games a day, when i play, and still have like 16 runepages with tons of different runes including the super expensive ones like cdr/hp/ms/etc. i've never bought a champion with rp either, tho i don't plan on having them all and barely buy anyone that's not like a midlaner or support.

jerd

So weird that there is still shit I don't know about abilities in this game. I had no idea Karthus's slow also reduced their MR and he's like the only mid I can play

cHinzo

I think they changed Anivia's ult so it isn't interrupted by CC anymore.

Anyway I'm so gonna buy that Lux skin. Finally a cute skin instead of all those serious army ones. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
yea guise pls don't buy hurricane on ashy lol

i bet her damage will be fairly low unless she builds a good amount of crit, so like, no fancy blue builds or trinity force or any other crazy thing like that either

ie into pd is all ashy needs

For the love of god, why.

giphy.gif

for the love of love!

So weird that there is still shit I don't know about abilities in this game. I had no idea Karthus's slow also reduced their MR and he's like the only mid I can play
haha yeah, i sometimes discover shit i never knew

for some reason up until last week i thought annie's e only gave you armor but turns out it also gives mr and i've been like holding using it when hit by spells for years haha

I think they changed Anivia's ult so it isn't interrupted by CC anymore.
pretty sure they didn't

Anyway I'm so gonna buy that Lux skin. Finally a cute skin instead of all those serious army ones. :D
FINALLY T_T

garath

Apparently right now on PBE Ashe can only "crit" when her passive slow is applied, which morgana's black shield will prevent, so black shield essentially prevents ashe from critting while it is active

I really hope that's just an oversight.

I wonder if Ashe's itemization will change considering her use for crit chance is completely different.

Not exactly. Ashe doesn't have a chance to crit, she always crits as long as the target is affected by her passive. Crit chance changes the damage her crits do instead.

Volley still applies her slow so you can throw it and crit an entire wave. If you have Shiv you get guaranteed Shiv crits every single time.

It's neat. I almost wish all "crit" was like this. Take away the RNG aspect. If I'm understanding it correctly, it's essentially just a damage modifier. Which is cool. You'll really have to balance crit with AD to get the most. A little number crunching can come up with an ideal 6 item build I'm sure.

No hurricane though lol.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I wonder if Ashe will become pick or ban with the new passive. On paper, it sounds really good but we all know how live Ashe is so I dunno.

jerd

It's neat. I almost wish all "crit" was like this. Take away the RNG aspect. If I'm understanding it correctly, it's essentially just a damage modifier. Which is cool. You'll really have to balance crit with AD to get the most. A little number crunching can come up with an ideal 6 item build I'm sure..

There was actually a red post about this recently. They said basically they don't like the way crit is but it brings some things they do like such as crit fishing. Whoever it was brought up crit as a pure damage modifier so Riot does consider it an option.

Edwardo

When you are at 6 items it's normal to sell boots for another attack speed item if the game goes on long enough, usually Zephyr

The MS loss is negligible, you only really lose Homeguards

Sorry I always end my games before then.

But in all seriousness, I just found it weird selling boots before even getting Last Whisper, since that's usually my fourth item finished. I know about selling boots last and picking up zephyr or something.

damage has a positive correlation with elo

Ah so that's why I suck hehe

Tizoc

How's everyone finding the new Black Cleaver?
For that matter the new Mundo buff is ncie
Q - Infected Cleaver
Now refunds 100% of the health cost on killing blows

drawkcaB

If I'm understanding it correctly, it's essentially just a damage modifier.

For anyone interested in the proof...

100AD
10% Crit chance

Damage from autos before armor reduction, 10 AAs:
100+100+100+100+100+100+100+100+100+200 = 1100

or...

AD*(1+*Crit Chance) = 100 * (1+0.1) = 1100

Fracas said:
but we all know how live Ashe is so I dunno.

...that she's been consistently well over 50% win rate for two years now, across several different metas? I think the exact opposite - I don't think players at large know how she is on live.

I love having an Ashe on my team. Quite possibly my favorite ADC to support as well given my support picks.

Sorry I always end my games before then.

But in all seriousness, I just found it weird selling boots before even getting Last Whisper, since that's usually my fourth item finished. I know about selling boots last and picking up zephyr or something.
Ahh that. Selling boots before having a full build is stupid lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom