• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I like skillshots more because I can run away and not take the time to target enemy to hit them with my spell. However, Ryze's Q change is a nerf because he can no longer nuke you in a crowd.

Well I mean before his update he was either buffed to the point where he was too powerful and everyone hated him or he was nerfed and never played. A change needed to be made for sure.

I like skillshots more because I can run away and not take the time to target enemy to hit them with my spell. However, Ryze's Q change is a nerf because he can no longer nuke you in a crowd.

Yeah, it's a huuuge freaking nerf to his laning as well.

Also, a new Morde skin is nice and all, but they need to buff him to be viable. Also fuck new Lux skins. Also Swain needs a new skin ._.;

zkylon

zkylewd
33495A3464F8A59937C243C35B263B75DBC1FB0E

picked the wrong skin lol but omg cant wait for madoka lux

she's so pretty now tho~~

i mean right now, annie has something like a 55% winrate in mid. not egregious but still high. levels 1-3/4 all she has to do is sit there and auto you while she freefarms with Q and loses no mana. or, she can just hold her stun and auto you while you can't retaliate for fear of a lockup and jungler gank. just having her swirly around her dissuades a lot of enemy junglers from even coming to lane because they say "what's the point"
this must be it

but like auto range is not really a midlane nerf, at least not a big one, so i dunno about that

Just another reason to play Karthus!
lol yea, his ult must be so satisfying on pbe

Not much, but yeah. Still building pretty tanky though. Grail/Morello's into Haunting Guise (Liandry's after Frozen Heart), into Frozen Heart with boots. Total package for like 8K gold and u will have close to 200 armor, 100 mresist for mid game. U get double the Liandry's burn with the Frozen Heart aura. Combined with his E and his ult he does tons of damage over a prolonged period of time. :D
that's like the trolliest of builds lol

so bad haha

JesseZao

Also, a new Morde skin is nice and all, but they need to buff him to be viable. Also fuck new Lux skins. Also Swain needs a new skin ._.;

I want a Pool Party Malz skin.

Q: Badminton/Volleyball Net
W: Kiddie pool
E: Semi-inflated beach ball? or just bright blue water molecule
R: Water Hose

Recall: Climbs up water slide then slides down into void

Nekofrog

Banned
this must be it

but like auto range is not really a midlane nerf, at least not a big one, so i dunno about that

it's an all around nerf that will effect her solo laning if even in a minor way. her autos are deceptively strong vs a lot of opponents in mid who tend to have much shorter ranges. going in to initiate a trade on an annie with a stun being held or 1 spell away from being up is incredibly dangerous while she's standing around autoing you safely.

TomShoe

Banned
Don't you just love it when you ping to engage and your team leaves you on an island? Builds up a warm fuzzy feeling
of slurs and expletives
inside.

jerd

Not much, but yeah. Still building pretty tanky though. Grail/Morello's into Haunting Guise (Liandry's after Frozen Heart), into Frozen Heart with boots. Total package for like 8K gold and u will have close to 200 armor, 100 mresist for mid game. U get double the Liandry's burn with the Frozen Heart aura. Combined with his E and his ult he does tons of damage over a prolonged period of time. :D

This is so fucking next level lol

Yeah, it's a huuuge freaking nerf to his laning as well.

Idk about how strong he his but they def redistributed power. He also can't get as tanky anymore just because the old frozen heart build is bad now and his mana scaling got nerfed in general, but still is really durable. Range on his Q was almost doubled though and his E feels infinitely better. Damage is pretty big on it if you catch them trying to hide in their wave

zkylon

zkylewd
I want a Pool Party Malz skin.

Q: Badminton/Volleyball Net
W: Kiddie pool
E: Semi-inflated beach ball? or just bright blue water molecule
R: Water Hose

Recall: Climbs up water slide then slides down into void
yeah but do it with syndra :>

it's an all around nerf that will effect her solo laning if even in a minor way. her autos are deceptively strong vs a lot of opponents in mid who tend to have much shorter ranges. going in to initiate a trade on an annie with a stun being held or 1 spell away from being up is incredibly dangerous while she's standing around autoing you safely.
yeah, you're probably right

i'm surprised how popular she is mid, she's sixth according to this

drawkcaB

lol yea, his ult must be so satisfying on pbe

I was actually referring to how landing a single target Q actually shows up as a purple crit. You could have been getting magic damage crits all this time if only Karthus had a genderbender waifu skin.

Neko said:
enemy junglers from even coming to lane because they say "what's the point"

Yep, although this has as much to do with not trusting my mid to properly get the party started. Honestly, lots of supposed easy to gank mids actually aren't.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was actually referring to how landing a single target Q actually shows up as a purple crit. You could have been getting magic damage crits all this time if only Karthus had a genderbender waifu skin.

haha i resent this

i play thresh

i'm into bros too

drawkcaB

I googled "Sexy Thresh" to see if there would be an a propos picture.

I don't know what I expected, but I now know work was not the best place to do that.

Jeff-DSA

I've drawn Thresh twice in ARAMs lately. He's actually quite fun with a full AD build. Kind of surprising how much damage he does when nobody is building armor.

cHinzo

that's like the trolliest of builds lol

so bad haha
Until u see it in action!

U might also like my AP Corki build with Grail/Morellos, Luden's Echo, Liandry's, Void/Deathcap, Rylai Scepter and Sorc Shoes.

Disclaimer: I'm a very high low elo player specialized in theorycrafting. Having played Cho mid since Season 2, Morgana sup, Veigar sup and Fiddle support since Season 3 before it got nerfed into oblivion and before they were used in their respective seasons.. :D

zkylon

zkylewd
I googled "Sexy Thresh" to see if there would be an a propos picture.

I don't know what I expected, but I now know work was not the best place to do that.

lol

i like playing champions that are attractive to me and most of the guys in this game are ugly (karthus) or lame (jayce), but even if they have a cool design, they're super boring to play to me (ziggs)

so yea

get me a cute, cool looking guy with fun gameplay and i'm game

so...

htCQrMD40SMJBp6y

rito pls

I've drawn Thresh twice in ARAMs lately. He's actually quite fun with a full AD build. Kind of surprising how much damage he does when nobody is building armor.

i hate ad thresh so much lol

Until u see it in action!

U might also like my AP Corki build with Grail/Morellos, Luden's Echo, Liandry's, Void/Deathcap, Rylai Scepter and Sorc Shoes.

Disclaimer: I'm a very high low elo player specialized in theorycrafting. Having played Cho mid since Season 2, Morgana sup, Veigar sup and Fiddle support since Season 3 before it got nerfed into oblivion and before they were used in their respective seasons.. :D
the very high low elo thing almost fooled me for a second lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Disgusting, this is a waifu only zone.

xezuru

What are some jungler recommendations in this day n ages meta?
Super out of the loop.
The only reason I don't drop IP on Lee Sin is because I don't really have a tanky Jungler owned even though I don't particularly like any of my junglers anyways.

My jungle riven days are overrrr.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What are some jungler recommendations in this day n ages meta?
Super out of the loop.
The only reason I don't drop IP on Lee Sin is because I don't really have a tanky Jungler owned even though I don't particularly like any of my junglers anyways.

My jungle riven days are overrrr.
You can buy Skarner and fit into the tank meta and the Black Cleaver meta at the same time. Otherwise...Gragas, Sion, Nunu, Sejuani...although those pick up bans.

So I'm kinda warming up a bit to the ARAM snowball. It synergizes so ridiculously well with Rek'Sai's knockup and makes the AD/tank builds much more viable and fun.

so yea

get me a cute, cool looking guy with fun gameplay and i'm game

so...

htCQrMD40SMJBp6y

rito pls

This is the second time you've posted this and the second time I've felt bad for being turned on.

Zky pls.

Poro King was the best thing to happen to ARAM. It lets an all tank team actually have a chance, instead of trying their damn best to survive until they get enough items and levels to shrug off the damage. Bringing back Warmogs is just icing on the cake.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think Ziggs is fun to play because you're constantly tossing out skill shots. When you're on point, it's really satisfying.
ehh, he's pretty boring to me, kinda like xerath, tho xerath at least has like an awesome ult

like i enjoy poke like ori or lux or synchan but i like it more when there's other mechanics too, like fishing for stuns/snares with lux/synchan or just the whole ball fun with ori

ziggs and xerath are too pew pew for me

Varus mid is the new hotness zky
varus was always hot, but i don't like ad mids

Newt and I will join forces on this one. No Rule 63.
pankak pls, hot is hot

that's sexist <3

see, this is just gross

gross is bad

hot is good

This is the second time you've posted this and the second time I've felt bad for being turned on.

Zky pls.
ikr?

Jeff-DSA

I hate how if you don't pick a tank in the top lane it's like, "wow, you did awesome early, but you didn't pick a tank, so you lose anyway."

Tank meta sucks. There's nothing fun about 4-5 guys cycling through their abilities 3 times on a guy while he just walks laughs it off.

Mark in ARAM is so good.

As Leona I land one, activate W, Righteous Glory, and Aegis, zoom in, CC everything, win team fight.

Even as Riven I get free harass by zooming in, stunning, and then E+Q out.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
First time playing League in 2 months.

ARAM - super fun, the snowball is a good addition.

Normal Draft - zzzzzzzz, win lane lose game back to vidya games.

Kenai

What Riot will probably do, as we've seen before, is make every targetable spell a skillshot.

What a future.

I actually don't mind skillshots when they make sense. I don't even mind the Ryze skillshot (not that I play him much).

But I don't think that should be the only definition of skill when characters like Leblanc and Zed and Alaki also have point/clickers on them too.

I guess it varies based on what the average playerbase considered hard to play/use in Ranked? I am not sure.

I hate how if you don't pick a tank in the top lane it's like, "wow, you did awesome early, but you didn't pick a tank, so you lose anyway."

Tank meta sucks. There's nothing fun about 4-5 guys cycling through their abilities 3 times on a guy while he just walks laughs it off.

A balanced somp should be able to itemize/kite pretty well against most tanks if you snowballed. There's stuff like LW and Void Staff anyway. I get stuck playing ADC a lot and most of them can do something if they aren't solo or it's lategame, and I pick stuff like Twitch/Varus/Ashe/MF a lot too.

Ashe feels so gooooood in PBE, though I'm kinda concerned by the damage output. She essentially has a permanent AD amp.

Passive: 110% + (Crit Chance x (1 + Crit Bonus))%

With IE and PD:
110% + (55 x (1 + 0.5))%
110% + (55 x 1.5)%
192%

Essentially, you can see it as either:
- Ashe has a passive 92% Crit Chance, with no IE
- Ashe has a passive +92% AD for her auto attacks, but no crits

Since her passive counts as crits, she essentially gets free +15% ASPD from Frenzy.

Also, I didn't know there was a new end game header. edit: Seems like there are several differences in the Air client. Are these changes live on NA? They're not on OCE.
ZkDA6Il.png

Bronze 2 Nami bringing the support carry.

I know I'm late on this but as for my own champ pool I'd happily take into ranked:

Top: Morg, Zyra, Irelia, Singed.
Mid: Morg, Zyra.
Jungle: Fiddle
Supp: All but Bard and Soraka.
ADC: Draven and Varus.

subtles

ehh, he's pretty boring to me, kinda like xerath, tho xerath at least has like an awesome ult

like i enjoy poke like ori or lux or synchan but i like it more when there's other mechanics too, like fishing for stuns/snares with lux/synchan or just the whole ball fun with ori

ziggs and xerath are too pew pew for me

Have you seen the Korean challenger players on Ziggs? The awareness, kiting, objective control and downright mastery of the champion is on another level.

zkylon

zkylewd
had a pretty good night, beasted against another team too and 1v1'd d5 lebonk and 1v3'd against their carries and jungler a bit later and killed them all. feeling pretty good :>

synchan and ori, i need to play you girls more

I actually don't mind skillshots when they make sense. I don't even mind the Ryze skillshot (not that I play him much).

But I don't think that should be the only definition of skill when characters like Leblanc and Zed and Alaki also have point/clickers on them too.

I guess it varies based on what the average playerbase considered hard to play/use in Ranked? I am not sure.

well, it's not that simple

targeted vs skillshot isn't just like "if it's not fair on ryze, why would it be fair on lebonk?". you gotta think about what the full kits are and what classes those champions belong

usually mages have a lot of skillshots because their spells involve little risk so their poke is made unreliable to compensate. skillshots also offer frontliners options to body block incoming damage so they create good gameplay about trying to find ways to poke without hitting the big guys or being punished through mana/cds if you don't.

assassins like lebonk or zed deal their damage in way more risky ways. they both have to be fairly short range to kill people and they both need to dash into fights, often in the middle of the enemy team. they're unreliable by nature because they're always in range of exhaust, crescendo, whatever. you can buy banshees or zhonyas and pretty much nullify them too. this creates good gameplay as enemy teams have to bundle up together to protect their carries, while assassins need to be crafty finding flanks and picking off stragglers rather than front assault attacking people. since assassins should be compensated once they found the right moment, they usually feature targeted spells that guarantee they'll hit the right target because good target selection is critical for them to do their job. you can't bodyblock leblanc or zed because they go through your team, the counterplay is different.

someone that's a hybrid like ahri has a combination of auto target spells (w/r) while she still needs to hit line skillshots like charm that can't go through tanks

there's also the fact that some spells are supposed to exist for certain reasons in particular, like to counter certain types of gameplay. say, lizzy ult is meant to counter mobility in that it's point and click very easy to land. same with ryze's rune prison.

so ryze's q being a skillshot is just part of his kit being pushed more towards a mage side since he's building more ap and being generally more squishy when his passive is down. his q being a skillshot also helps deal with the oppressive nature of his kit toplane.

similar thing they did to veigar, which was ok imo too, specially after talking to boko, even tho he probably needs half a dozen more buffs to be viable again, i think?

so yeah, not every spell needs to be a skillshot, you need to look at full kits and look at the champion class and the function each champion has

Have you seen the Korean challenger players on Ziggs? The awareness, kiting, objective control and downright mastery of the champion is on another level.
not saying the champion's easy or whatever, there's a lot of interesting gameplay around his ability to zone through satchel and minefield, but i just find him to be really boring because of how one-dimensional he feels to me

xerath is a similar thing, tho i love his ultimate enough to make me want to play the champion sometimes

subtles

not saying the champion's easy or whatever, there's a lot of interesting gameplay around his ability to zone through satchel and minefield, but i just find him to be really boring because of how one-dimensional he feels to me

xerath is a similar thing, tho i love his ultimate enough to make me want to play the champion sometimes

That post was more of me saying "take a look at how different a champion feels compared to what you're used to" than a slight at your previous post. I was genuinely surprised at how different he felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom