• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do shreds stack additively? Kinda nuts if Wukong can chop 60% armor off the target of his choosing with Black Cleaver.

I just missed old black Cleaver on Vayne. Great AD, ASPD and - 45 armor.

Sande

Do you see what you're writing? Your point basically boils down to: it doesn't matter if champions are OP because at the end of the day they can be outplayed. You're literally saying that two identical champs but one has a skillshot that does 100dmg and the other has the same skillshot with 200dmg are balanced because it doesn't matter how the fight would go in a vacuum or when assuming similar skill level. The first guy (or his team) can outplay the second guy so everything is fine.

I don't really know what to think of the balance of the current meta but I just had to point out that this "vacuum" crux of your argument is completely off base and you keep repeating it in every reply as your main point.

Do you see what you're writing? Your point basically boils down to: it doesn't matter if champions are OP because at the end of the day they can be outplayed. You're literally saying that two identical champs but one has a skillshot that does 100dmg and the other has the same skillshot with 200dmg are balanced because it doesn't matter how the fight would go in a vacuum or when assuming similar skill level. The first guy (or his team) can outplay the second guy so everything is fine.

I don't really know what to think of the balance of the current meta but I just had to point out that this "vacuum" crux of your argument is completely off base and you keep repeating it in every reply as your main point.

You are miscontruing my argument with false equivalences. And you're boiling it down to what, skillshots? A better analogy would be champion A has 200 attack power, champion B has 3000 health and 100 armor. Because thats the argument, whether or not ADCs are being BTFO in the current meta. You can take this example I put and say 'see youre wrong its not balanced' and I would disagree. You skillshot analogy doesnt make sense because its a false equivalence. And I keep repeating it because people keep arguing what if scenarios.

Sande

You are miscontruing my argument with false equivalences. And you're boiling it down to what, skillshots? A better analogy would be champion A has 200 attack power, champion B has 3000 health and 100 armor. Because thats the argument, whether or not ADCs are being BTFO in the current meta. You can take this example I put and say 'see youre wrong its not balanced' and I would disagree. You skillshot analogy doesnt make sense because its a false equivalence. And I keep repeating it because people keep arguing what if scenarios.
I know it's about champions with wildly different kits and playstyles, I just used identical champion to try to drive the point home. You can forget that part if you want, but try to understand that the vacuum argument just doesn't make any sense. You make it sound like these things can't even be talked about because any kind of balance talk is usually going to be theoretical and about "in a vacuum" situations. I don't think you've presented any actual counter-arguments beyond "I disagree" and "nu-uh, vacuums". Which is kind of weird to be honest, because other than that you come off as intelligent and reasonable.

Again, I'm not arguing against you on the topic itself, just baffled at the parroting of the same nonsensical response for several pages now.

can't really think of like a competent post to make about everything so i'm just gonna post zeronis madoka lux concept art and reply to the one that was directed at me

star_guardian_lux_concept_art_by_zeronis-d8rvj1m.jpg

SO GOOD

the only thing i don't ilke about this lux is that it's not like a pleated skirt

pleated skirts are the ultimate form of skirts

this is common knowledge, zeronis

Sailor moon fought naked against the last boss bro.

Also his design wont make lux take a feet surgery like the previous champs

I know it's about champions with wildly different kits and playstyles, I just used identical champion to try to drive the point home. You can forget that part if you want, but try to understand that the vacuum argument just doesn't make any sense. You make it sound like these things can't even be talked about because any kind of balance talk is usually going to be theoretical and about "in a vacuum" situations. I don't think you've presented any actual counter-arguments beyond "I disagree" and "nu-uh, vacuums". Which is kind of weird to be honest, because other than that you come off as intelligent and reasonable.

Again, I'm not arguing against you on the topic itself, just baffled at the parroting of the same nonsensical response for several pages now.

It was a discussion on whether the current tanks were broken and why. If they wanted to talk statistics like pick rates, or win rates, or LCS matches that involved the tanks, I'd be more than happy to. But what I was presented with, was people overreacting about my opinion of thinking that tanks are in a good position. They started giving me what if scenarios that they constructed and saying "well with this scenario here I have proved that tanks are OP." And then started the whole hypothetical vacuum talk. If people want to discuss certain champions, certain items, lets discuss them. For starters, I feel that Sejuani does have an overloaded kit, and shes easy to use. Amumu, whilst having a near similar win rate, is harder to use because he has to ramp up to be a threat.

jerd

Akali changes to pbe soon. She needs it.

Her E has to be one of the more resource inefficient abilities in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Akali changes to pbe soon. She needs it.

Her E has to be one of the more resource inefficient abilities in the game.
i think it would be nice if they gave her another e

like they might as well make her mark deal more damage and remove the spell since that's basically what it is there for

but tbh i'd rather she got a full rework

i think it would be nice if they gave her another e

like they might as well make her mark deal more damage and remove the spell since that's basically what it is there for

but tbh i'd rather she got a full rework

they should make akali permastealth

and give her a short blink

and a projectile slow

and her ulti can increase her autoattack and cause her to blink at opponents when she right clicks them

yeaaaaaaahhhh!

jerd

They should make her w permanent but with a cap of like 5. Like she can lay down her own personal brush wherever she wants

Also they should make it a cardboard box

zkylon

zkylewd
they should make akali permastealth

and give her a short blink

and a projectile slow

and her ulti can increase her autoattack and cause her to blink at opponents when she right clicks them

yeaaaaaaahhhh!
lol wut haha

i like shroud and i like the possibility of juking with her ult but as a whole i really dislike akali because of how simple she is

like if she's ahead and you're in range there's very little you can do to beat her because of how difficult it is to get her off your back and how difficult it is to output more damage than her when she's tanking quite a bit through spellvamp. maybe exaggerating a bit, but at least that's the feeling i got back in the strong akali days

she's in a pretty bad spot right now and she probably needs some sort of buff but i would like it better if she got significant changes to her kit, at least like a ryze size rework

i'm not sure what i'd change exactly but i think she needs to be less mashy and more outplayable, but prolly would focus around passive, q and e since i think those are the least interesting parts of her kit

i thought once about making her dash not deal any damage but add a q mark and do like a lux ult thing that procs mark and places a new one if there was one already but i'm not sure how bad that would be for her cleanup

in general i dislike akali, i wish she was more interesting

They should make her w permanent but with a cap of like 5. Like she can lay down her own personal brush wherever she wants

Also they should make it a cardboard box
i think rito talked about a similar skill once

would be a cool spell for a support being able to create brush tho probably pretty weird given league's super wonky code haha

zkylon

zkylewd
ppl keep assuming i know or am capable of drawing comparisons to other games

its flattering that u guys think i'm capable of like having enough informatoin in my brain for more than league but unfortunately not the case

ppl keep assuming i know or am capable of drawing comparisons to other games

its flattering that u guys think i'm capable of like having enough informatoin in my brain for more than league but unfortunately not the case

gotta do brain push ups to retain more info~

Just had a pretty funny match where Shaco was delivering my Ori balls and Zilean's bombs into the enemy team. Watching their health bars burst all the way down in the space of a second was so satisfying.

like kayle <3

I just had a kayle support in my game

I dunno what was worse, the negativity towards her being kayle support

or our cassi who kept feeding them blues and dying and complaining that I wasn't ganking as mundo

little did she know, mundo goes where he pleases

Newt

like kayle <3
Funny, I just finished a Kayle game.

I dunno, you could say Kayle doesn't take much skill, but when I see players like Wickd play Kayle it leads me to believe she does.
I just had a kayle support in my game

I dunno what was worse, the negativity towards her being kayle support

or our cassi who kept feeding them blues and dying and complaining that I wasn't ganking as mundo

little did she know, mundo goes where he pleases
Somehow, not one person complained about the Teemo support in my earlier game that I posted.

Somehow, not one person complained about the Teemo support in my earlier game that I posted.

It was funny

Me and Kalista ended up winning anyways. Bumrushed their base after a fight in mid. I did not know how to jungle mundo. I got scavenger cinderhulk. I am a confused Mundo.

Jeff-DSA

In one of those "why not?" moves I built a late game Banner of Command on Morgana. I know Locket is better, but the Banner actually was pretty nice. I don't think it's that bad of an option at the end of a game. Those promoted minions hit hard and tank so well that it's easy to push a side lane before pushing up the middle or during a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom