• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Ekko can ult back to lane if he buys fast enough.

giphy.gif

His ult kind of seems like his survivability though so if he does that he'll be vulnerable for the duration of it's cooldown, so it gives you a good risk/reward

His W is really weird. Huge delay on it, but the shield looks decent.

Oh dam didn't even realize it could stun

Ryze
Desperate Power [R] - No longer increased duration of supercharge. Spell vamp up to 6 seconds at all ranks (up from 4/5/6)

Saw this coming and I think it is honestly all he needed to make him pretty good. Passive was so short early on.

Edit: oops nvm looks like its just ult duration

Luigi87

As Irelia is my favourite champion, and it has been since May 2012 that she got her last skin I was thrilled to see her finally getting a new one... only to see it's a 750 RP skin. While pretty... just... seriously.

jerd

What is that new abyssal scepter?? Making tanks even stronger...

Oh god lol

+30 Ability Power
+250 Health
+60 Magic Resist
UNIQUE Passive:Every 4 seconds emanates a pulse dealing 80 (+5 per champion level) magic damage to nearby enemy champions and reduces their Magic Resist by 15% for 10 seconds (stacks up to 3 times, up to 45%)

I hope they're stackable

Tizoc

I like the new Abyssal Sceptre, having some extra HP is good, since the only other AP+Magic resist items in SR offer Mana benefits, which isn't worth it on non-MP champs.

The passive is odd though, does it activate once in range of a champ or when you damage them? Or is it like ALWAYS on? Every 4 seconds a pulse?

Luigi87

I like the new Abyssal Sceptre, having some extra HP is good, since the only other AP+Magic resist items in SR offer Mana benefits, which isn't worth it on non-MP champs.

The passive is odd though, does it activate once in range of a champ or when you damage them?

Seems when you're in range, every four seconds as long as you remain in range, The debuff is likely also 4 seconds long so if moving out of range it goes away.

So when Ekkos ult is up he always has that blue guy following him? Is this blue guy visible to the enemy team, so you know it's not toxic?

@_@ Seems like a poor mans weaver.

Nev

Banned
Isn't his passive just Gnars? And his Q kinda too? His W looks somehow interesting but the rest seems like a waste for a theme with such potential. His ult is exactly as expected. Cool design and skin tho.

Isn't his passive just Gnars? And his Q kinda too? His W looks somehow interesting but the rest seems like a waste for a theme with such potential. His ult is exactly as expected. Cool design and skin tho.

Yeah...for being a time character he's pretty uninspired. An on hit champion with a dash...I mean, how many champions passives have 'every 3rd hit'? <_>

jerd

Weird he's AP, not what I expected

And holy shit a 2.25 second huge AoE stun on a basic ability sounds crazy. I know it is tough to use but still

drawkcaB

New Abyssal Scepter. I just soiled myself. Also, this isn't the pro tank item you guys have made it out to be. The defensive stats are so-so but tanks are going to feel the 45% MR reduction way more than softer champions.

It isn't a strictly tank item. It's an "I need to help my heavy magic damage team take out their tanks and the best person to do it is me, my team's tank." As a purely selfish item, old abyssal is likely better. They've repurposed it as a magic damage Black Cleaver. Very solid. I like the direction of taking down tanks as a team effort.

Also, sad for solo Karmas out there, but support Karma is going to be insane. The scaling on her passive is severely underrated. At 40% CDR and a single full use of W her ult will be back up in 10 seconds, and that's before autos and Q get into the mix. Holy shit. Giving your carries two 410 damage shields complete with speed boost in less than 10 seconds. Can't wait.

Another interesting tidbit from that Lyte/Ghostcrawler podcast:

At around 1200 ELO (i.e. low Silver/high Bronze) toxicity is actually quite low. It increases through gold and peaks in low-mid Platinum, the curves down all the way to Challenger through Diamond and Master, such that at the very highest ELO toxicity is almost completely gone.

garath

New Abyssal Scepter. I just soiled myself. Also, this isn't the pro tank item you guys have made it out to be. The defensive stats are so-so but tanks are going to feel the 45% MR reduction way more than softer champions.

It isn't a strictly tank item. It's an "I need to help my heavy magic damage team take out their tanks and the best person to do it is me, my team's tank." As a purely selfish item, old abyssal is likely better. They've repurposed it as a magic damage Black Cleaver. Very solid. I like the direction of taking down tanks as a team effort.

Also, sad for solo Karmas out there, but support Karma is going to be insane. The scaling on her passive is severely underrated. At 40% CDR and a single full use of W her ult will be back up in 10 seconds, and that's before autos and Q get into the mix. Holy shit. Giving your carries two 410 damage shields complete with speed boost in less than 10 seconds. Can't wait.

Well it's another AoE damage source that will shred MR just by being in melee range which cinderhulk AP champs will absolutely be in. It's more MR than banshee's though 200 less health. It'll be core on so many AP tanks. It'll make their AoE magic attacks stronger, cinderhulk's damage stronger and it's own damage source stronger. It's a pretty solid tank item. One that I'm not really sure this meta needs.

The only advantage is it will shred enemy tank's MR as you pointed out. It's a double edged sword but I think it'll just make tanks stronger in a meta where they're already really strong.

jerd

The fact that his dance is not The Timewarp is 10x the waste

http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-59-notes

Patch notes are up too

Really surprised the Akali changes are going through

R - Crescent Sweep
NEWTHINK ALISTAR'S HEADBUTT Now applies a 0.75 second stun to knocked back targets

Kinda cool Xin buff

cHinzo

DAT NEW ABYSSAL! Damn this fits perfectly with the damaging tank items. :D Sunfire Cape/Cinderhulk, Abyssal and Thornmail. Gonna be good.

Newt

Well if they just had a lot of hp would last whisperer even be good?

If they stack armor, LW or BC?
If they have a lot of HP, LW.

If they have like 2 armour/hp items LW.

If they have two or more armour/hp items, or it's a rammus or sion or some bs like that BC.

jerd

I'm really curious to see what happens to the jungle this patch. Early dragon solos will be a lot tougher and warrior junglers will probably have a lot more breathing room

Rip tank meta.

I mean, ch should still be really strong. They honestly didn't hit the damage THAT hard and you still get the 25% bonus health

drawkcaB

How is Xin these days? Does he still lag behind other junglers thanks to Cinderhulk?

Xin is amazing. New items and old item changes have blown his build paths wide open. Hell, if you want to build Cinderhulk on Xin go right ahead, he's perfectly fine with it. I've had great recent success going Cinderhulk->Ghostblade as my core items. An under appreciated aspect of the strength of jungle Xin Zhao this season is that his carry/damage potential was largely gold dependent and the S5 jungle gives him more gold than ever. Vastly undervalued champion.

If a player asked me for a single jungler to use when they're forced to, I'd recommend Xin. Easy to use, sustains like a boss, can tank up, has carry potential, can dive, peel, massage your feet, talk emotions with your SO so you can go out and drink, you know everything. The only drawback of playing Xin is that it'll make you a fucking man.

Stun on ult is welcome surprise... and completely unnecessary. Thanks Riot!

Well it's another AoE damage source that will shred MR just by being in melee range which cinderhulk AP champs will absolutely be in. It's more MR than banshee's though 200 less health. It'll be core on so many AP tanks. It'll make their AoE magic attacks stronger, cinderhulk's damage stronger and it's own damage source stronger. It's a pretty solid tank item. One that I'm not really sure this meta needs.

The only advantage is it will shred enemy tank's MR as you pointed out. It's a double edged sword but I think it'll just make tanks stronger in a meta where they're already really strong.

The game absolutely needs an item like this. For all the complaining about ADCs having a hard time (despite their importance having gone way up, and whatever, when aren't they complaining) assassins and magic damage mages have had a rougher go of it. Whether or not the passive damage and/or tank stats are overtuned (damage seems high, tank stats depends on completed item cost) is another discussion. Massively boosting the 2nd, 3rd and beyond ability rotations from mages means that there's isn't one tank busting champion on your team - there's now two. That's massive.

Xin is amazing. New items and old item changes have blown his build paths wide open. Hell, if you want to build Cinderhulk on Xin go right ahead, he's perfectly fine with it. I've had great recent success going Cinderhulk->Ghostblade as my core items. An under appreciated aspect of the strength of jungle Xin Zhao this season is that his carry/damage potential was largely gold dependent and the S5 jungle gives him more gold than ever. Vastly undervalued champion.

If a player asked me for a single jungler to use when they're forced to, I'd recommend Xin. Easy to use, sustains like a boss, can tank up, has carry potential, can dive, peel, massage your feet, talk emotions with your SO so you can go out and drink, you know everything. The only drawback of playing Xin is that it'll make you a fucking man.

Neat! I always liked Xin and was disappointed during that time where he just wasn't viable anywhere.

Leezard

Well if they just had a lot of hp would last whisperer even be good?

If they stack armor, LW or BC?

LW is better for adcs. LW gives 35% armor pen always.

BC stacks with 5% armor reduction per stack, up to 30%.

LW is better for yourself, so adcs should buy this. If you are an adc there really is no contest, LW is superior.

BC is nice to help the team, which is good for non-adcs (and that mid-MF gimmick build to stack it on their whole team).

jerd

I just saw the scaling on Ekko's shield, max rank is 330 +.8 AP. That's gotta be one of the biggest shields in the game right? Compare that to Diana's which is 200 +.6 AP if you get the reset on it

Scarizard said that the clone will follow you and be visible "While Chronobreak is available", which I assume means as the enemy you'll be able to see when his ulti is up and when it isn't

Sande

*NEW* ATTACK MOVE ON CURSOR We've added a new feature, "Attack Move on Cursor," that will attempt to attack move the target nearest your cursor if you target the ground near them. If no target is found, you will attack the nearest target as normal (or move to the targeted area if no targets are nearby at all).
If this works how I think it does, it's perfect for me. I already use attack move 90% of the time so if this removes or at least reduces the amount of accidentally attacking minions nowhere near your intended target, that would be great.

k1t4j

So to today I decided to try out Viktor in the middle lane, boy was he fun.

I played 4 games won 3 and the servers crapped out on my on the 4th one but was already 4-2 against a Zed. Bear in mind that this is normal games and mid Zed was the match up I had more problems until I grabbed zonyas.

Anyways super fun champ, might grab him later one to add to my mid collection that at the moment is Zed, LB and Yasuo :)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal/ekko-boy-who-shattered-time

ekko reveal

ult seems kind of disappointing but still seems strong. Rest of the kit is neat enough
It just occured to me that we are getting our second male brown/black champion. Ekko joining Lucian, Karma, and pre-skin-bleaching-cream Nidalee. Keep EM coming, Riot. I can almost field an entire team.

Kit is mostly interesting. I think they've run out of ideas for passive abilities and it's just starting to feel lame now. Hard to get a feel for the ult in the little example video, but I'm sure it'll be really nice. The Sand skin looks awful. Keep that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom