• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

Is hold onto your buffs a reference i'm not getting? Makes it sound like they want him to jungle.

I just got raged at for picking nunu for the second time in the past couple of weeks. Got us 5 kills across the map before 10 minutes and had complete dragon control, but of course when things go sour it was because I picked Nunu. Dude said Nunu is worthless because "he has no kill potential". You clearly don't have to be smart to get to plat

cHinzo

gross

but tsundere lux is cute

here, have an actual good star guardian drawing :>

There can never be enough Lux!

02b0255b75.jpg

I'm so happy they released it for 975 rp lol. Such a quality skin. :>

Tizoc

So this just hit me:
You could use Ekko's ult to tower dive; couple it with his W and E you could go in for a quick engage to finish off a low health champ then return to your original activation spot.
Thing is can yo manually trigger his ult to reset?

Blizzard

Banned
not really, leblanc also has many of these characteristics but she's hard to play as so her winrate is shit. that's what happens to cassi, she's just hard to play, so her winrate isn't heimer levels of insanity despite being pretty op

also cassi has roughly the same playrate as ori and has a pretty decent winrate if you consider only champions with a sensible playrate (so like, not mordekaiser).
So instead of being a "monster", it would be more accurate to say Cassiopeia is "a monster if you're high skill level"? But in that case, we're back to what I was emphasizing I was talking about, people who are not high skill level.

I'm not exactly sure how to use that site, though it suggests Cassiopeia's win rate has gone down recently and is currently under 50% at least on my screen. lolking suggests that diamond/masters/challenger zigzag but on some days win a lot with her, which agrees with your high skill level suggestion.

zkylon said:
I mean, I'm interested in what happens after this, especially for average players. I have a hunch, maybe it's wrong, but I think perhaps final judgment should be reserved for after time passes.

*edit*
We often cite win rate just cuz it's all we have to go on, but it doesn't always tell the whole story to say the least.

Pretty sure before they removed lb's silence her win rate was like 46 but nobody was arguing whether she was broken
That may tie into Riot's philosophy of no-counterplay being anti-fun though. They keep commenting about that in patch notes about things like silence. LeBlanc's thing was that she could jump in and jump out before you could do anything. Zed used to be able to do something similar, but they delayed his ult so it's slower now I think.

*edit2*
Is hold onto your buffs a reference i'm not getting? Makes it sound like they want him to jungle.
"Hold onto your butts" is the catchphrase of a Jurassic Park character. I would guess that the vibrating water is suggesting the vibrations that would be caused by Jurassic Park dinosaurs walking nearby.

faridmon

Just had my 6th win streak. Longest as far as I remember, but in the last match we were lucky because our Trynd was killing it. getting kills left and right like no other business, while our Teemo was actually flat out feeding (It looked like on purpose because he would just stand there taking hits constantly) He had like 27 deaths, but whatever, we won!

EDIT: 7th win streak!!!

subtles

So instead of being a "monster", it would be more accurate to say Cassiopeia is "a monster if you're high skill level"? But in that case, we're back to what I was emphasizing I was talking about, people who are not high skill level.

I'm not exactly sure how to use that site, though it suggests Cassiopeia's win rate has gone down recently and is currently under 50% at least on my screen. lolking suggests that diamond/masters/challenger zigzag but on some days win a lot with her, which agrees with your high skill level suggestion.

I mean, I'm interested in what happens after this, especially for average players. I have a hunch, maybe it's wrong, but I think perhaps final judgment should be reserved for after time passes.

I played Cass for the first time recently, and went 5/0/0 in lane doing absolutely nothing but basic lane mechanics. Her ability to punish the slightest mistakes (i.e trying to last hit a minion you aren't supposed to) is unrivaled.

Blizzard

Banned
I played Cass for the first time recently, and went 5/0/0 in lane doing absolutely nothing but basic lane mechanics. Her ability to punish the slightest mistakes (i.e trying to last hit a minion you aren't supposed to) is unrivaled.
I wish I had your mechanics and/or ping. I think I tried a bunch of post-rework Cassiopeia games (apparently not in ranked) and I don't think I ended up with much besides hand pain from trying to micro everything.

I hated the feeling of slightly missing a minion with poison and being super dead with your E down.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i dunno, i can't really say how she is below my elo but but from my experience and from how contested she is in competitive, she's pretty broken.

the changes will make her more punishing in lane if you mess up and take bad trades but her damage and scaling are untouched so people that like playing her should be fine, no matter what elo. people in low elo usually have bigger problems than champion mechanics anyways, and these changes aren't taking away her strengths, tho they're gonna make you have to play better

her winrate has gone down about 1% which really can be anything. i don't like lolking much for stats and like diamond+ stats are often too low sample. champion.gg takes plat+ which is cool since it's the elo riot balances the game around.

"Hold onto your butts" is the catchphrase of a Jurassic Park character. I would guess that the vibrating water is suggesting the vibrations that would be caused by Jurassic Park dinosaurs walking nearby.
ahh didn't remember it was a straight up jurassic park quote

maybe it's just a funny reference to the new movie and not much else

tho if they made a dinosaur champion that would be cool lol

They are usually but lately it has been like a day or two later. I'd say Thursday/Friday is a safe bet
yea that sounds reasonable

nice

wonder what it'll be, "hold on to your buffs" makes me think of a jungler, tho the gold, the potions and the jurassic park stuff is weird

exciting, i love crap like this

zkylewd indeed.
what's lewd about that -___-

There can never be enough Lux!

I'm so happy they released it for 975 rp lol. Such a quality skin. :>
yeah, perfect skin for the perfect price

yeah its fun to pay more
???

Draft starts in a couple hours boiz

t1432504800z4.png
my internet has been down all day and just came back up lol

i very rarely have like internet shortages but something about fantasy league...

jerd

So apparently the French lol site posted that teaser with the text "brace yourself, they are coming" and the Italian site "you felt it too?"...

Maybe not GP after all?

zkylon

zkylewd
I just watched Ekko gameplay and totally recognized his voice as the guy who voices Pit and Dark Pit. My friends also mystery gifted me Shockblade Zed and Star Guardian Lux. I guess I have to play them now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not needed.

would be really cool if it like he changed when he gets another ult stack instead of just turning like 15% larger or whatever

at least have a growing animation, since adding new tendrils or armor plates or whatever would be confusing since it's not reflected on gameplay too much

jerd

German : Did you hear that?
French : Be careful, they are coming.
Greek : Come... ("They are coming" or "It is coming.")
Italian : You've heard you too? ("Did you hear that too?" or "Have you heard that too?" )
Polish : They are coming for your buffs...
Romanian : It is coming ...
Spanish : Did you feel that

All the teaser text from the various fb pages. If this is all just a teaser for the new cinematic I'm gonna be so bummed

It could also be a new jurassic skin which honestly makes the most sense

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
neither was tristanas, you'd be a fool if you thought they'd be coming out in order of 'need'.
Tristana was one of the lowest poly models. She looked incredibly dated, and her visual update came with gameplay changes. Cho'gath probably needs to be reworked in a bunch of ways because his kit is really frustrating in a lot of ways. After the texture update he kind of fits into the game well enough that he seems like a low priority target for a rework.

jerd

Didn't Gnar have a champ released immediately after him too? I'm bad at remembering order but i think we had back to back patches with a new champ

Was Azir i guess

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man going on tilt is the worst feeling. Played like trash for like 10 straight matches over the last couple days. Think I need to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom