• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Ashe is officially broken as hell. Now that I got the hang of her new Q, it's apparent.
What changed your opinion of her? Did you watch my silver games and learn her secrets? :p

What techniques and items and skills and such do you use?

She's the only champion I've gotten mastery 5 with, and I think almost all those games were post-rework. I really miss doing 500-1000 crit damage like other ADC's can do, but she is kind of neat.

Nekofrog

Banned
i respect newt as an ad player and a player in general but

i dont trust his opinion on adc reworks

he said lucian was garbage based on the patch notes during his rework when it was obv he'd be broken as shit with no mana cost on his E :3

zkylon

zkylewd
finally won one ;_;

i swear d5 must be like the widest skill pool in the entire game

i respect newt as an ad player and a player in general but

i dont trust his opinion on adc reworks

he said lucian was garbage based on the patch notes during his rework when it was obv he'd be broken as shit with no mana cost on his E :3
wasn't that costy

i remember costy saying rework lucy was gonna be garbage

and while she was on pbe that reksai didn't have enough cc

haha

zkylon

zkylewd
hard to understand why me and my friends are losing so many games

i don't think i'm playing terrible enough to be losing so often

annoying

drawkcaB

The worst losing streaks are definitely the ones where you played well enough to win some here or there. I'd rather play like shit in those instances. At least then after a few losses I can easily walk away.

23qwerty

just played kennen for the first time ever and wtf that damage

also lol at cassio calling me bad after barely beating me in lane and then i proceed to carry entire game

also cassio's w was literally invisible to me x.x

zkylon

zkylewd
The worst losing streaks are definitely the ones where you played well enough to win some here or there. I'd rather play like shit in those instances. At least then after a few losses I can easily walk away.
yea, definitely. looking at my match history i def won lane on most of the games even tho it wasn't always by a big enough margin for it to matter. mostly farm advantages, maybe one kill or two, except on the one game i won that i was like destroying this cassi that was just playing really bad for some weird reason, and i was surprisingly great at dodging q's

i dunno, i feel that most of these losses weren't really my fault but at the same time i'm dying a lot and making a lot of mistakes so it's just twice as annoying

anywho, just not getting frustrated anymore, i've had many winning and losing streaks :p

I remember seeing some guy's lolking 2 years ago. He had like 20 straight losses with Fizz with scores like 17/3/18. Elohell was realer than real for him.

Nekofrog

Banned
3 or 4 games with that score as losses i can say yeah, ok, maybe you just got some teammates who were bad. but 20? man... i dont know, there was probably something he was doing that prevented them from being wins

killatopak

Gold Member
Anyone been building Brut into Youmuu on certain champs that before, you wouldn't build it on, like say Riven?

I always build Youmuu against squishy and/or champs that have ridiculous mobility like Tryndamyr. Cleaver for tanky champs like Sion and Shyvana.

I can't believe this name wasn't taken.

V2tcFgF.png

I just type "." in post game chat so that my name appears. Enough to get reported?

killatopak

Gold Member
It's not dead, since people pre-rework has played it like that too, but it's not OP anymore like with the on hit missing HP damage per auto attack times. It's just still playable.

I thought for sure AD Fizz would get more used because of the BotRK rework but I guess not.

Nev

Banned
I can't believe this name wasn't taken.

V2tcFgF.png

I just type "." in post game chat so that my name appears. Enough to get reported?

Using the in-game emotes is enough to be reported by this community of children. What you say will gain you hearty chat/ranked restrictions for sure. The best thing you can do is not even typing anything in the whole match or do any emote at all, that's how sad this garbage community has made this game.

Newt

Using the in-game emotes is enough to be reported by this community of children. What you say will gain you hearty chat/ranked restrictions for sure. The best thing you can do is not even typing anything in the whole match or do any emote at all, that's how sad this garbage community has made this game.
I've never got a chat restriction.

killatopak

Gold Member
Definitely not. The previous W passive was super OP. You just needed BoRK then go straight tank with max CDR.

Oh. I wasn't aware that Fizz's W changed.

I looked at it and yeah it deals the missing health over time now. Assuming it was nerfed, I guess the passive DOT doesn't stack?

cHinzo

Oh. I wasn't aware that Fizz's W changed.

I looked at it and yeah it deals the missing health over time now. Assuming it was nerfed, I guess the passive DOT doesn't stack?
They just changed it back to how it was before. The DoT refreshes per auto so no more ridiculous cheap damage.

killatopak

Gold Member
They just changed it back to how it was before. The DoT refreshes per auto so no more ridiculous cheap damage.
That's too bad. My friend was really good at top Fizz. I guess I know why he doesn't use him anymore.
I wanna try PD+Youmuu+Inf. Edge on her, just to get her Crit value on the passive as high as possible for the most damage.

Too much crit items would result in less ad items which isn't the most efficient in terms of total damage. Unless you go full on offensive and don't buy any defensive item.

Tizoc

That's too bad. My friend was really good at top Fizz. I guess I know why he doesn't use him anymore.

Too much crit items would result in less ad items which isn't the most efficient in terms of total damage. Unless you go full on offensive and don't buy any defensive item.

Well that's kinda the plan-
LW+BT/BoRK+Inf Edge+Youmuu+PD

YOLO fo yo life!

jerd

Patch should be tonight right? They would have announced it by now I would think. Will probably be tomorrow night instead

Violet_0

Banned
so I've been playing a bit of Fizz in Dominion lately and the annoying thing is that I can't seem to 1v1 well without the ult until late game. Then after the combo (without ult) they are still left at half hp and Akali or whoever go to town on you. I generally do well with Fizz in arams where you can annihilate one squishy with the full combo then move on to already injured targets but I find dueling with another assassin quite difficult while the ult is on cd, not even to mention tanks or bruisers

Nekofrog

Banned
the thing I noticed most about Ashe from my first and only real time of playing her in ranked yesterday was that even if your team was behind, one well placed Ashe arrow on an out of position champion with the proper followup = it doesnt matter if you were losing before

but i guess it's always been that way with ashe

garath

the thing I noticed most about Ashe from my first and only real time of playing her in ranked yesterday was that even if your team was behind, one well placed Ashe arrow on an out of position champion with the proper followup = it doesnt matter if you were losing before

but i guess it's always been that way with ashe

Yeah. The only difference now though is she has a little bit of sustained damage with the new passive and her new Q. She's not just a kiting W machine.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah. The only difference now though is she has a little bit of sustained damage with the new passive and her new Q. She's not just a kiting W machine.
My deep silver thoughts: I don't think it's sustained damage for Q. It's just 4 seconds and then you're dead in the water for 18 seconds. In comparison, Tristana's Rapid Fire is 5 seconds with a 20-second cooldown, but that cooldown can be reduced by hitting Explosive Charge'd enemies.

Other ADC's can dance in range for a single crit that might deal 500-800 damage. Ashe could try to use W to get part of that damage back, but the individual taps and sustained damage won't match other ADC's if I'm reading the wiki correctly: You only get to the 250% damage level that other ADC's have if you have 100% crit chance.

The wiki also suggests (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ashe) there's a probable bug that makes her do more damage than expected but that might be something to do with runes. I'm not exactly sure what it's talking about.

Hopefully someone smarter than me has already run the math to see whether say, 5 non-boosted Ashe attacks with 150% crit damage beats a normal ADC with fewer crits but 250% damage each.

killatopak

Gold Member
My deep silver thoughts: I don't think it's sustained damage for Q. It's just 4 seconds and then you're dead in the water for 18 seconds. In comparison, Tristana's Rapid Fire is 5 seconds with a 20-second cooldown, but that cooldown can be reduced by hitting Explosive Charge'd enemies.

Difference between the two is that Ashe's Q also gives her slow and additional damage aside from the attack speed.

Maybe the increased damage has something to do with having an IE? Having an IE on Ashe doesn't increase her crit damage since she doesn't have a crit but it multiplies all the crit chance she has including the IE itself by a factor of 1.5. The result is more damage on her passive.

I think getting 100% crit chance is easy enough even without crit runes.
110% + ([Youmuu(15) + PD(35) + Static(20) +IE(20) ] x 1.5)% = 245% damage.
Add some runes and you'll get 250% damage in all of your attacks except the first one.

An Ashe with those items plus a BT would theoretically deal 725 damage on each attack.

zkylon

zkylewd
are we doing like a prize for the winner of fantasy league or something this split?

like mystery skin or something

haha oh nev, not sure how true that is lol

i spam laugh a lot (i mean, i play lux and lulu a lot) and never had a warning on anything

Patch should be tonight right? They would have announced it by now I would think. Will probably be tomorrow night instead

yea, very likely toonight

faridmon

Ashe is officially broken as hell. Now that I got the hang of her new Q, it's apparent.

Thats what I keep hearing, but I am having the opposite effect. I used to be really good at her, getting those extra gold really helped me) but I am stomped out every single time I play as her.

Maybe, its all hinges on mastering the Q

Difference between the two is that Ashe's Q also gives her slow and additional damage aside from the attack speed.

Maybe the increased damage has something to do with having an IE? Having an IE on Ashe doesn't increase her crit damage since she doesn't have a crit but it multiplies all the crit chance she has including the IE itself by a factor of 1.5. The result is more damage on her passive.

I think getting 100% crit chance is easy enough even without crit runes.
110% + ([Youmuu(15) + PD(35) + Static(20) +IE(20) ] x 1.5)% = 245% damage.
Add some runes and you'll get 250% damage in all of your attacks except the first one.

An Ashe with those items plus a BT would theoretically deal 725 damage on each attack.

So is early IE as important now, or other crit, dmg, spd item first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom