• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haven't watched the link yet but yeah I get you, I get things like overall map pressure, knowing to do things like take tower or go for a kill when you see a jungler/shit going down away from you, and getting the grasp of when to push lane when to trade ect. The real problem is that I get why streamers and such say things like why they're doing something, but since I'm new, still getting the handle on game sense so sometimes I get why, but have no idea when; questions I should be asking aren't even in my head yet, which is why it would help, but yeah, i'll check it out.

not sure if anyone here's good enough for "mentoring" or wants to go through hours of video, but maybe just record a couple games, pick one and share it here?

i'm guessing you might get some tips/mocking from noot

xezuru

Might be a seperate error you're talking about, but I used to constantly get Reconnect/Disconnected errors in the Client not ingame all the time and it was horrendously annoying, I got it fixed by searching my filesystem for Pando Mediabooster and destroying that shit.

subtles

Haven't watched the link yet but yeah I get you, I get things like overall map pressure, knowing to do things like take tower or go for a kill when you see a jungler/shit going down away from you, and getting the grasp of when to push lane when to trade ect. The real problem is that I get why streamers and such say things like why they're doing something, but since I'm new, still getting the handle on game sense so sometimes I get why, but have no idea when; questions I should be asking aren't even in my head yet, which is why it would help, but yeah, i'll check it out.

Those come with experience. Learning to farm and properly manage your lane should be your main focus. A dominant laning phase with a focus on vision and objectives is the base on which you can further explore many of the other concepts in league. The videos go into more detail than any mentor would imo.

Looked for an answer earlier but didn't get one. However this Pvp.net error when trying to log in all day is really annoying.

Switch your client server (to EUW for example) and switch back after it downloads some files.

That's how I got it to work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Taric buff reducing heal cost from 140 mana to 100! Could this be his time to shine?!
against high magic damage comps taric would have trouble with mana because of itemization options (not being able to go early frozen heart). it's a pretty big cut in mana cost so it should help him keep people topped off and leave him less as a niche pick based on the enemy team comp.

Blizzard

Banned
against high magic damage comps taric would have trouble with mana because of itemization options (not being able to go early frozen heart). it's a pretty big cut in mana cost so it should help him keep people topped off and leave him less as a niche pick based on the enemy team comp.
I wanted to watch that old Taric video with the He-Man "what's going on" song playing in the background, but I can't find it now! I'm sad.

Blizzard

Banned
After the client update, I got a full-client ad when I launched it for...a 250 RP Gromp icon, complete with a bunch of comments about pizza and Gromp and how you can indicate what an awesome jungler you are, by buying it.

How very odd.
Screenshot?

I just finally realized that I was wrong -- I must have accidentally clicked one of the client news rectangles, which gave me the Gromp icon popup.

drawkcaB

I wonder if Prehistoric Cho'Gath and the new Mordekaiser skin are hints as to what their VUs will look like, sort of like how Amethyst Ashe and Headhunter Nidalee gave clues about their VUs. If it is indeed the case, then the VUs should turn out really well.

Fuck me. I haven't played in so long because of work and home stuff that my online gaming "anxiety" might be back. Despite being the first night in ages to actually have time to play I just couldn't do it.e

Edwardo

Finally got a chance to play Ashe since her rework. We won and it was a 4v5 too, lol. I'll have to get used to her Q, but she definitely is still fun to play.

A question though.. A while back I switched out my armor yellows for hp ones. Sometimes teammates notice and comment about me not having enough armor. I remember seeing somewhere that hp yellows are pretty much the same early on as armor. I feel like hp yellows and mr blues definitely help a lot with support harass. Anyone have some insight?

Newt

Finally got a chance to play Ashe since her rework. We won and it was a 4v5 too, lol. I'll have to get used to her Q, but she definitely is still fun to play.

A question though.. A while back I switched out my armor yellows for hp ones. Sometimes teammates notice and comment about me not having enough armor. I remember seeing somewhere that hp yellows are pretty much the same early on as armor. I feel like hp yellows and mr blues definitely help a lot with support harass. Anyone have some insight?
Right now the dominant supports are all auto attacking tanks, so I'd go with armour yellows. I used to run HP always because shit like Nami was a pain, but Nami kinda sucks right now.

Tizoc

I wonder if Prehistoric Cho'Gath and the new Mordekaiser skin are hints as to what their VUs will look like, sort of like how Amethyst Ashe and Headhunter Nidalee gave clues about their VUs. If it is indeed the case, then the VUs should turn out really well.

Fuck me. I haven't played in so long because of work and home stuff that my online gaming "anxiety" might be back. Despite being the first night in ages to actually have time to play I just couldn't do it.e

Funny you mention Mordekaiser; his model animates better with his King of Clubs skin, I can just NOTICE something was different to his normal and Pentakill skins.

Most frustrating game ever =(. Get an S and lose.

Goes top lane Hec gets FB. Our ADC cries our sup sucks so goes top with me so I had to go bot and couldn't carry fast enough because had to share EXP. Usually I can just tp bot and get double for adc or whatever but nope...

Welp back to back S. At least we got a W this time...

No_MMR.jpg

I said fuck it I'm going early IE because well I don't trust my teammates.

I want to build IE on Xin someday, Youmuu+Trinity+IF= Instant Penta.

Sometimes you just have to do it. It's good to go tank but sometimes your ADC can't position to save their lives so what's the point of tanking when your team has 0 DPS coming out? Then you look and see your ADC has their hand on their dick 800 miles from the fight?

Just got another S 3 in a row! (not ranked though lol was trolling with friends in premade 4).

Leezard

yeah i love it

20% cdr on items is awesome and 20 ms at lvl 1 is super nice

duno about the experience mastery tho, dunno how much 10 exp amounts to in a real game
Experience mastery is probably going to keep being bad.

More mana and mana regen is excellent.

Leezard

for support i dunno, maybe i was doing it wrong but i never put points on those masteries

75 mana is nice for mid tho
It's really good. Larger mana pool means your have more time to regen mana before you run out of mana. This is a large increase in your mana pool for the early game. Sona/Nami/Lulu are going to love it, but it's good for more sports. Blitzcrank will probably use it as his mana pool is terrible.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's really good. Larger mana pool means your have more time to regen mana before you run out of mana. This is a large increase in your mana pool for the early game. Sona/Nami/Lulu are going to love it, but it's good for more sports. Blitzcrank will probably use it as his mana pool is terrible.

yeah i'm trying to figure out what i should give up for it

guessing i'll take points from fleet of foot for it

jerd

When is 0/9/21 appropriate on supports? I usually play tanky supports and end up with like 0/15/15 because there is a lot out of the 3rd row of defensive that seems really good.

zkylon

zkylewd
When is 0/9/21 appropriate on supports? I usually play tanky supports and end up with like 0/15/15 because there is a lot out of the 3rd row of defensive that seems really good.

i'd say always, specially now with the 20% cdr on actives

theres' some preference stuff but i really like 0 9 21 anyways, free ms, free cdr and actives cdr, it's just nice stuff

0 15 15 is not bad but i've been loving 0 9 21 on threshie for instance

Leezard

What to give up to get Meditation.

Culinary Master, Alchemist and Strength of Spirit? I don't think that works as I will lack one point in order to get to tier 4 utility.

Culinary Master, Alchemist and Bandit? This might be worth it.

edit: It's a tossup between Bandit and Scavenger. The question is which one is worth more. Bandit might generate more gold in the early game.

Bought Ekko on the store and can't use him yet. ;-; The patch isn't up for OCE as of now, though.

idk what the hell you have to do to get S+ I went like 18/5 as Gragas the other day and only got S. What more do they want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom