• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I really enjoy playing nid jungle but she just feels completely useless late game. I can chuck spears out all day but if I try to go in and follow a spear I just get annihilated. Zhonya's helps with that a little bit but not much.

People sometimes build RoA/Archangel's on her for extra survivability, but that's a really slow build for a low-income jungler. Just poke and heal team mates until it's safe to go in. One well timed spear can take a squishy enemy out of the fight entirely.

jerd

Man I really enjoy playing nid jungle but she just feels completely useless late game. I can chuck spears out all day but if I try to go in and follow a spear I just get annihilated. Zhonya's helps with that a little bit but not much.

Pretty sure she's basically a better version of Shaco in terms of power curve. She stomps early and if she does that she can be relevant late. If not she can at least still poke. Her early pressure is nuts tho. Her assassination potential isn't great in team fights but she split pushes really well.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The laugh in the river is referencing a GP ultimate skin (think Davy Jones) that will ship with his VU.

GG
Gangplank already received a visual update. He already has a ghostly skin. I do not think this would make very much sense.

jerd

Idk gp's lore but preying on people in need doesn't seem very piratey

Assuming the laugh is related to the teaser in the notes

It is

Bacon

Sixty minute game. Check out that Akali cs.

vdRTvQn.png

Newt

Context: I won a game against enemy Nunu Jungle and Twitch ADC, and I thought Nunu played well so I complimented him. This is what followed.

2d73c912b8091f90308a9edff11d7250.png

c1efe073ed06a37976a51cdce2ea7767.png

f23f199240c46d43183aecfa8fe463fc.png

cd6b531a868f1d2f0c3c22eb5c5d593f.png

ca41475000ba33162f12919228e2a4f7.png

22bd645908cfc18cf96510b4c88a98b6.png

c4709e6765d4492eb403177fae05e72d.png

8fc20beb3569b7478a37645305c35a3f.png

e427a6ad4436fb79709efed26141d6b1.png

c15eae438a2b9673d1dfe6ed2f914b1f.png

Why are people so bad these days

Kassadin keeps jumping in
Draven DC and never comes back
Irelia goes mid because 'pr0 l33t hax faker style'
Khazix goes top against Nasus because...you know, khazix is stupid.

Like hooooly shit. The community really took a dive since I left.

jerd

Is there such a thing as too many oranges? I can give you assurances that the update will have more oranges than current GP.

Orange Intensifies.

Expecting gp to have special orange trinkets

dimb

the improved coin item makes me very mad. you get lots of free health and mana and gold for doing nothing. passive lanes like janna become even more passive. she needs to be nerfed into the ground. coin upgrade path is the key to running away/not engaging too. it is tremendously boring.

faridmon

Question, how does the matchmaking in Normal games work? Do you get matched up with Gold/Platinum people when you aren't even lv 30?

I try to play as an adc sometimes, yes, people tell me I have to learn how to farm efficiently, but its really heartbreaking when I am happy farming as much as I can and the guy on the other team, just farms so easily and have double the amount of minion kills and all of the sudden he is OP?

Am I just rubbish, or do people from higher up gets to play against beginners like me?

Leezard

the improved coin item makes me very mad. you get lots of free health and mana and gold for doing nothing. passive lanes like janna become even more passive. she needs to be nerfed into the ground. coin upgrade path is the key to running away/not engaging too. it is tremendously boring.
I don't particularly mind Janna lanes since she is easy to counterpick, but Soraka lanes are such a bore and even worse with the better coin. Thankfully few people play Soraka.
Question, how does the matchmaking in Normal games work? Do you get matched up with Gold/Platinum people when you aren't even lv 30?

I try to play as an adc sometimes, yes, people tell me I have to learn how to farm efficiently, but its really heartbreaking when I am happy farming as much as I can and the guy on the other team, just farms so easily and have double the amount of minion kills and all of the sudden he is OP?

Am I just rubbish, or do people from higher up gets to play against beginners like me?

Normal games work off of hidden mmr, so if you have really high mmr you can get matched with Gold+ players even if you are not lvl 30. Another possibility is that another sub-lvl 30 player is premade with a Gold+ player which means they might come into your game without you being on Gold+ mmr.

You can always check lolnexus.com if you want to see the ranks of people in your game, but don't be discouraged if they have a rank.

dimb

I don't particularly mind Janna lanes since she is easy to counterpick, but Soraka lanes are such a bore and even worse with the better coin. Thankfully few people play Soraka.
If I was always last pick I wouldn't care. I don't really know what counterpicks Janna other than Sona. Naut is okay I guess. It's not like Janna feels insurmountable, she just makes the game significantly less enjoyable.

Is that why Soraka is supposed to be a pain in the ass right now?

Leezard

If I was always last pick I wouldn't care. I don't really know what counterpicks Janna other than Sona. Naut is okay I guess. It's not like Janna feels insurmountable, she just makes the game significantly less enjoyable.

Sona is the only one who is near guaranteed to win lane regardless of adc picks. I think more mage-like supports like Zyra do well against Janna though, as you will outdamage the enemy bot lane by more than Janna can provide with her shield. Blitzcrank should do well too.

I also typically do well with Nami against Janna, which makes it not a big deal to pick support before a Janna.

Soraka does well but I won't suggest her since she makes the lane even more boring. Even if she does well it sucks the fun out of the lane even more than what it becomes for you, I imagine.

I guess it depends on which supports are your default picks when you are doing a blind pick. I can imagine people who like, say, Braum find that the lane becomes really passive. Overall I think Sona/Zyra/Nami keeps the lane from becoming too passive.

jerd

Coin is just a boring item concept built for passive sustain lanes. It's like they had to break the item to make it feel impactful

Won't stop me from playing homeguard mobo righteous glory coin raka tho because 800 move speed is fun

dimb

Nami is basically my default support hero right now. I still can't find the Janna lane very fun, and if it's something like Janna/Cait, which I think will be incredibly popular on this patch, I don't think Nami does super well at creating meaningful action.

Leezard

Nami is basically my default support hero right now. I still can't find the Janna lane very fun, and if it's something like Janna/Cait, which I think will be incredibly popular on this patch, I don't think Nami does super well at creating meaningful action.

Janna/Cait is indeed one of the few oppressive Janna combos where you are often forced to play passive as Nami. That lane really sucks.

I mean it can sometimes be possible to get some action in that lane if you have a strong adc by your side, but most times it just sucks.

faridmon

Normal games work off of hidden mmr, so if you have really high mmr you can get matched with Gold+ players even if you are not lvl 30. Another possibility is that another sub-lvl 30 player is premade with a Gold+ player which means they might come into your game without you being on Gold+ mmr.

You can always check lolnexus.com if you want to see the ranks of people in your game, but don't be discouraged if they have a rank.

Thanks, speaking of which, we just played against a really good Vayne :/

Anyway, That website is not working. I have put my summoner name there, and I keep getting ''faridmonn is currently not in game''

Leezard

Anyway, That website is not working. I have put my summoner name there, and I keep getting ''faridmonn is currently not in game''

Did you put the right server? Though even if you did lolnexus will not work sometimes, still.

op.gg might work better for you. I think it it more reliable but I use lolnexus out of habit.

Edwardo

Are you in a game right now? Champ select doesn't count.

garath

So from what I can see on streams, it looks like Ekko's W is telegraphed a bit more. He doesn't seem as oppressive anymore. Safe to buy him? I dislike buying champs only to see nerf after nerf hit until they cripple him (i.e. Yasuo)

Leezard

So from what I can see on streams, it looks like Ekko's W is telegraphed a bit more. He doesn't seem as oppressive anymore. Safe to buy him? I dislike buying champs only to see nerf after nerf hit until they cripple him (i.e. Yasuo)

He's getting a mana cost on his ult next patch, it seems. From 0 to 100 mana cost.

Ekko is probably the closest to Yasuo you will get, and I don't know if many people have learned to play him yet. I think sub-50% winrates are what you should expect with him for him to be balanced just like Yasuo. Hell, he even had sub-50% winrate before any nerfs.

If you like to play him it should be worth it.

Tizoc

Lord I hate brain dead ADCs, even if they build their items right @_@

50 LP til promos, will try to clear it in a few days and then should I win, it'll be time for Silver Hell.

Newt

Ghost and I can finally bring out the toxic raka + cait combo that we've been tormenting people on our smurfs with.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ghost and I can finally bring out the toxic raka + cait combo that we've been tormenting people on our smurfs with.

Rito pls, ban this sick filth. Your lane opponents will just die from boredom.

zkylon

zkylewd
When it comes to Pool Party you can see that no champion is off the table! However with a lot of the LoL female champs there is not much visual interest in their silhouette/body type (personally I see this as a big mistake made in the past) so putting them in a swimsuit almost creates the 'anime effect' where they can only be distinguished by their hair colour. That's a bit of an exaggeration but what I'm getting at is that a straight up 'this champion minus the outfit' is underwhelming and often very odd looking due to removing bulky armour etc. If we do a champion like Ahri there needs to be a theme to the outfit and not just
-clothes
+bikini.

if you're gonna hate bikinis at least don't make the skins shit, rito

like seriously that mundo skin is mundo with a blue t-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom