• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think rito's argument is dumb because many of the male champions that got pool party skins also have really generic male body types

like, lee sin or graves, there's nothing unique about their "shape" outside of lee sin's wonky kung fu stance and graves' shotgun

which to me means if that's rito's problem with female champions then why not have have orianna with her weird robot stance and riven with her sword. or whatever.

if it's like "creative" stuff then like seriously

mundo with a blue t-shirt

wtf

i think rito's argument is dumb because many of the male champions that got pool party skins also have really generic male body types

like, lee sin or graves, there's nothing unique about their "shape" outside of lee sin's wonky kung fu stance and graves' shotgun

which to me means if that's rito's problem with female champions then why not have have orianna with her weird robot stance and riven with her sword. or whatever.

if it's like "creative" stuff then like seriously

mundo with a blue t-shirt

wtf

But Mundo looks different than Graves

Lux for example doesn't look all that different than ahri or Miss Fortune other than the hair color/tails/hat.. Poppy though? Tristana? Line em up, they look different enough. They need to make a fat ugly female champion.

~~

I see riots broken another champion. based rito.

zkylon

zkylewd
Riot arguing against waifus gets zky all huffy.
i mean i want a swimsuit skin, swimsuits are cool

But Mundo looks different than Graves

Lux for example doesn't look all that different than ahri or Miss Fortune other than the hair color/tails/hat.. Poppy though? Tristana? Line em up, they look different enough.
the fact that most women in league have like the same slender massive boobs body type doesn't mean they don't have unique silhuettes based on pose/weapons/animation which is what carries over when you give a champion swimsuit skin

and like outside of gragas i'd say human men in league are probably either super buff like darius or skinny like ezreal, but there's nowhere near enough nuisance in their body types to say they don't fall under the same "anime effect" thing, so it's not like male characters are that much better, outside of having more "monster men" or whatever

They need to make a fat ugly female champion.
i mean, no, champions shouldn't be ugly (monster-y like sion tho is good), but i think there should be more body types for girls, at least in their armor, and of different ages (i've said it already, i want a champion that looks like the old witch from spirited away :>)

like even if all men in league are pretty much the same, you have garen and ezreal, while tank/semitank girls like sejuani, vi, leona, shyvana, have all tight outfits that barely make a difference in their silhuette

essentially what league needs to do is add the female heavy from overwatch

zarya-overwatch-.jpg

still moe as fuck but at least has a cool unique shape to her

riot just confirmed that leo is best girl

sorry zky
which is funny since leona is literally the same as everyone else with like a tight bodysuit...

Jeff-DSA

Pool Party Orianna would be great. I think that's a missed opportunity.

Miss Fortune with water guns and a Baywatch style red one piece swimsuit would be great, but she just recently got the arcade skin and that's good for her for quite some time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why no ugly champions?

because ugly champions are gross

like yorick

Riot will never release a skin that can be misconstrued pandering (sexy swimsuit bikini on someone like sona)
yup, that's the true reason

massive cleavages, broken spines and like vi's hilarious ass are fine for riot because they're not "explicitly" pandering

i just wish they didn't give bullshit reasons about it (well and made them)

zkylon

zkylewd
Kitty Kat Katarina, Battle Bunny Riven and Nurse Akali already exist.

those are old skins

new riot doesn't like that

which is fine by me since it's tacky as fuck, but swimsuits are fun and harmless imo

slutty stripper cop caitlyn is a lot less cool

Same reason why more people played Alliance than Horde in WoW before Blood Elves. They wanna play the pretty races and characters.

I guess.

Urgot and Poppy are two beautiful souls.

Speaking of Poppy, how does she do vs Nasus? I imagine she could be an alright counterpick because they would just farm all game.

Leezard

Different times. The backlash against the Katrina one is something they learned from and battle bunny riven isn't hyper sexualized like a bikini sona would be

those are old skins

new riot doesn't like that

which is fine by me since it's tacky as fuck, but swimsuits are fun and harmless imo

slutty stripper cop caitlyn is a lot less cool

Fair enough, they are quite old and I can't come up with recent examples.

Skins like kpop ahri etc are tasteful at least.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'll be honest, I've never even tried Yorick in the years that I've played this game.

I've had every champ in the game for more than a year now. Haven't played half of them at least.

I would also like to know why

As a support champion, he's extremely low tier. He can't fit into any other roles, either.

His slow is a skillshot with a triggering stun. But in effect it's not that great. Compared to Janna with her large AoE tornado, Leona, Namis stun, it's extremely low tier. Even Morgana's snare is favored.

His little healing spell is again, lacking. Even Nami who has a stun and heal do a fair bit better than him. Not to mention he's outclassed by Soraka and Sona if you want just a heal.(Sona has a more potent slow as well, and her ult is extremely top tier.)

His little...travel path thing is gimmicky. Only works over terrain, the enemies can use it thus negating it's use(It provides a speed boost, but considering it's the last spell you'll max a 10% at rank one to 50% at rank five it's.....shitty.). The effectiveness of this spell is lowered extremely because enemies could use it. It's unique in that it's a disengage usable by allies, and it's also unique that it's usable by enemies. Unique doesn't mean good.

And his ultimate...again, it's a gimmick. Sure when you can position perfectly around it it's good, but Sona, Leona, Nami, can do the offensive stunning better.(With actual damage too!). For disengaging, Janna has the extremely better ult.

He's low tier in all regards. Not to mention his gimmick of collecting his passive across the map. Because you know, his whole gimmick is the wandering caretaker or whatever. But nobody does this unless it's an extremely specific strat where your lane partner understands they'll be left alone. Which is still a hindrance through and through.

He's a gimmick champion. Useless in solo queue. His value slightly goes up in teamplay, but only slightly.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you. Yeah, the 'silhouttes' and general shape of alot of characters are...too similar. It's just that for male characters, the League designers found it 'ok' for them to be monsters, whilst for female characters....they had to be cute and bubbly. IIRC the first female 'monster' was Cassiopiea. Elise and Rek Sai are the only other 2 'monster' like females.

It's just that as it is, there is more variance in the male characters of league than there is female characters, so their logic of 'Bikinis for female characters wouldn't be different enough' is kinda spot on. It's how they as designers, have pidgeonholed themselves over design choices they made years ago.

Like...Draven, Lee, Ez all have a similar body type. Garen, Darius, similar. But then you have Urgot, Mundo, Galio, because it's ok for males to have monster bodies. Meanwhile for females you have....Poppy, Tristana, Lulu, and Annie who have child archetypes, Elise/Shyvana who are transformers, Soraka/Eve/Zyra who are obviously humanoid, Cassi/Rek who are the only monsters.

Shyvana, Elise, Soraka, Eve, Zyra, Riven, Ahri, Lux, Sejuani, Syndra, Sona, etc. all have similar bodies. Slim, nice T&A to go with it, and well, if you strip it down to a bikini extremely similar and boring.

I'm not saying only the females suffer from it, Riots a bit hypocritical in that regard when dealing with the male pool party recipients. But they seem to be trying something different with Zac/Lulu/Rek/Mundo as pool partiers this time around. Draven being the only exception.

Maybe they're learning?

Also you posted Zarya from Overwatch, I'd say Riot has alot to learn from Blizzard. In HotS there's Johanna, an extremely bulky, armor female who's pretty buff. Still attractive, extremely armor-fortified, but she looks great.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll be honest, I've never even tried Yorick in the years that I've played this game.
yeah i think i haven't played like half the champions in the game, and not because lack of opportunity

most of the champion designs just aren't too appealing to me and i find lots of champion kits to be kind of boring

Fair enough, they are quite old and I can't come up with recent examples.

Skins like kpop ahri etc are tasteful at least.
yeah

you can say dj sona since she's kind of ridiculous with the massive cleavage and the crazy butt

but riot has been gotten a lot better at making skins that are sexy without being gross, which is why i find it dumb to not do a swimsuit skin, specially for fake reasons such as those

Newt

Literally anything else would be a better pick than Bard. He's 'not all that bad' in that he's glitchless, and he looks pretty nice. But as a support? There's far better.
No he can support pretty well if you're good with him. Nowhere close to the likes of Leona or Janna, but he can do an acceptable job.

zkylon

zkylewd
Varus legitimately has the most revealing skin in the game, and it's his default.

and it's hot af

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you. Yeah, the 'silhouttes' and general shape of alot of characters are...too similar. It's just that for male characters, the League designers found it 'ok' for them to be monsters, whilst for female characters....they had to be cute and bubbly. IIRC the first female 'monster' was Cassiopiea. Elise and Rek Sai are the only other 2 'monster' like females.
agreed

there's also a lot of sexism since most female characters are physically weak and rely more on magic/guns compared to men

i don't personally mind much cos cute and bubbly magic casters is like my thing but game could really use more diversity (of a kind that's easily achievable)

also applies to race

like the whole thing of ppl wondering if ekko is related to lucian is kind of hilarious and sad at the same time

It's just that as it is, there is more variance in the male characters of league than there is female characters, so their logic of 'Bikinis for female characters wouldn't be different enough' is kinda spot on. It's how they as designers, have pidgeonholed themselves over design choices they made years ago.
i don't agree because like i said, they gave a pool party skin to lee and graves and they're literally just two regular dudes.

syndra hovers in the air, orianna is a frigging robot, vi has like giant hands, ahri has tails, nami is like half fish (and full awesome), lissandra is like a weird ice person, kalista is like a ghost, etc.

yes, there are less female monsters (and reksai's actually getting a skin which is cool), but it's not like all women in the game looks like katarina

since riot in the past chose to gave pool party skins to regular dudes like lee sin and graves, it's kind of bullshit to say it's about body types when it's just riot not wanting to do a more "risky" skin or whatever

plus, like, there's lots of different very tasteful (and goofy) beach wear to give girls that doesn't have to be gross

Like...Draven, Lee, Ez all have a similar body type. Garen, Darius, similar. But then you have Urgot, Mundo, Galio, because it's ok for males to have monster bodies. Meanwhile for females you have....Poppy, Tristana, Lulu, and Annie who have child archetypes, Elise/Shyvana who are transformers, Soraka/Eve/Zyra who are obviously humanoid, Cassi/Rek who are the only monsters.

Shyvana, Elise, Soraka, Eve, Zyra, Riven, Ahri, Lux, Sejuani, Syndra, Sona, etc. all have similar bodies. Slim, nice T&A to go with it, and well, if you strip it down to a bikini extremely similar and boring.
true, but gave enough examples above i think

and like, women have big boobs, well, dudes in this game are fucking ripped. there may be a few completely gross male characters like urgot and yorick in the game, but "monster" champions like mundo, aatrox, sion, alistar or whatever, they're just like super buff dudes

not very different from nami or cassi being like half hot girls half monster

Edwardo

I find Bard's abilities really useful when I'm playing.

His heal is a speed boost too, which is great for a few things. In lane, setting them up behind you allows you to play a bit more aggressive and still have a way to get out with a heal on top of it. Directly casting it on someone kiting or pursuing a fight helps a ton.

His magical journey opens up the opportunity for paths that normally could never be taken by an entire team. Ya it might be gimmicky, but it's still useful. It's great for surprise engages and even works as an escape route as well. There has been numerous times where I'll go through the portal and enemies will follow through, just to either be stunned to the wall or to each other. Especially in solo queue where enemies like to bite off a bit more than they can chew and will pursue you endlessly.

I agree, his ult doesn't have the same appeal as a Janna ult for disengaging. To be honest, it's so much better as an engage for what it is. Freezing your enemies in place for 2.5 seconds is so much time for you and your team to get in position for a fight. It's great with so many popular champs right now.

The chimes are great too. You don't get them for the xp. It helps, but the mana you get back keeps you useful, as you spam your abilites. The movespeed bonus helps you roam or get back to lane. Just by collecting the ones nearby, you'll have enough mana to keep your lane going for a while.

No he can support pretty well if you're good with him. Nowhere close to the likes of Leona or Janna, but he can do an acceptable job.

The only time Bard can support pretty well is if every other support champion was banned. Which I mean, you could still field a Morgana or Annie and they'd sitll be better. Hell stick Elise on the bottom lane, atleast there I have stuns and actual damage from my support.

i don't agree because like i said, they gave a pool party skin to lee and graves and they're literally just two regular dudes.

syndra hovers in the air, orianna is a frigging robot, vi has like giant hands, ahri has tails, nami is like half fish (and full awesome), lissandra is like a weird ice person, kalista is like a ghost, etc.

yes, there are less female monsters (and reksai's actually getting a skin which is cool), but it's not like all women in the game looks like katarina

since riot in the past chose to gave pool party skins to regular dudes like lee sin and graves, it's kind of bullshit to say it's about body types when it's just riot not wanting to do a more "risky" skin or whatever

plus, like, there's lots of different very tasteful (and goofy) beach wear to give girls that doesn't have to be gross

Yeah, Riot is being hypocritical about it. Selling a bikini Cait/Kat/Akali(lol she's already half naked) Eve would probably sell gangbusters, but I mean....their excuse is shallow. I agree with most of what you said though. STEP IT UP RIOT.

Edit-HOT OFF THE PRESSES JAYCE IS BROKEN TOO

Nekofrog

Banned
there's also a lot of sexism since most female characters are physically weak and rely more on magic/guns compared to men

the best bruiser in the game is a grill :3

not very different from nami or cassi being like half hot girls half monster

there's a fetish for that...

Same. Don't even know what half his abilities do, and don't really need to know seeing as I play with/against him once every 50 games or so.

There was a time in season 3 where the Yoricks were nonstop. It was agonizing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i may be crazy but i thought ppl here were rating bard tier 1 support not too long ago?

Yeah, Riot is being hypocritical about it. Selling a bikini Cait/Kat/Akali(lol she's already half naked) Eve would probably sell gangbusters, but I mean....their excuse is shallow. I agree with most of what you said though. STEP IT UP RIOT.
riot should just suck it up and sell the scantily clad skins. They'll be rolling in the dough.
it's not a thing of making them scantily clad, that would be gross

you can make a skin sexy without it being objectifying, riot has proved able to do so in the past and should be more than capable with pool party skins

STEP IT UP RIOT

GIMME WHAT I WANT

TSHIRT MUNDO AINT EET

the best bruiser in the game is a grill :3
gross

there's a fetish for that...
awesome is my fetish

and nami is eet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom